Mike Mills of REM comes out....as straight!

Started by WyldRanger, June 20, 2008, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalen

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 16, 2008, 05:31:31 AM
I'm Canadian and I disdain hockey. 

They keep threatening to take away my union cards because of it, but I've held out so far. *fingers crossed*

I'm Canadian and I hate hockey too.  I think (excepting the playoffs, where the play gets tolerable) that hockey... well.  Let's use my dad as an example, shall we?

RABID hockey fan.  RABID.  Watches every game he can.  And, even with only 1 or even no beer?  He's always lulled to sleep by the 'action' by the second period. 

Of course, maybe listening to Don Cherry during the first intermission has something to do with that... *shudder*

WyldRanger

Well, it's time again for the fall classic. Any guesses as to who's going to walk away the winner here?

For my thoughts, I like both the Phils and the Rays. How can I not? One team has the record for most losses by ANY professional sports team and the other never finished out of last place in it's previous 10 years of existence!

Thus why I like them both!  ;D

However, I going to go with the idea that since TB hasn't had the layoff that the Phils have, that they will win. Plus they just look like the best team going right now. Plus I know what a disadvantage it's been recently for the teams with long layoffs (cries about the '06 Tigers).

RubySlippers

I live IN Saint Petersbrg Florida the HOME of the Rays and as a proud local that supported the Rays when everyone hated them and I say we are going to kick Philly's ass. GO RAYS!!!!!

;D

Greenthorn

I'm originally from Philly..so gotta support them! 

Spookie Monster

Though I don't have any predictions, I would like to wish good luck to both teams and to all of their fans.  I'm not specifically rooting for the Phillies or for the Rays -- I'm a Red Sox fan -- but I do hope that this Series ends up being one for the ages.  And I know how much both teams would love to win it!  Despite having teams for all four "major" sports -- the Phillies, the Eagles, the Flyers, and the 76ers -- Philadelphia hasn't won a championship in any of those four sports since 1983; the Phillies won their only World Series in 1980.  Similarly, Tampa Bay has earned some championships recently -- the Buccaneers won Super Bowl XXXVII and the Lightning hoisted the Stanley Cup about five years ago -- but has never won the World Series.  Millions of people are going to be stoked; millions of people are going to be heartbroken!

Best of luck to both teams and their fans!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

RubySlippers

I'm not worried they just lost a bit to have a more dramatic victory - we will still beat the Phillies three games in a row.

NorCalDVS

The Phillies just made it tough for the Rays to come back with last nights big win. 
The Rays are a team that can make it interesting though.  Hope it goes to seven with the Rays pulling off the upset.
(I'm originally from New York and it is just anathema for a New Yorker to root for team from Philly)
(Also Jonny Gomes is from my area and he's a Ray and that guy is quite a team player.  Even though he's not on the postseason roster he's there rooting his team on and being a positive force)

Inkidu

I'd root for the Cubs if only it would mean they break that curse :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

WyldRanger

Let me be the first to congratulate the Philadelphia Phillies in finally winning the world series!

Inkidu

Awesome, now the Cubs. Gooo! Cubs! Damn have to wait a year.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

PhantomPistoleer

As a St. Pete native, it's tough watching the Rays lose like this.

Good game, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RubySlippers

Not really most Northern Teams cheat we in Saint Petersburg have a nice Domed Stadium with perfect protection from bad weather short of a hurricane and lets players compete fairly without cold rain, ice cold air or weather extremes create an unfair advantage to one team. The Philly's have an open air stadium in cold and inclimate weather thereby hurting any team that is not from the North and therefore cheat. How can you expect a team from anywhere in the warm South compete in that and call it fair.

CHEATS! CHEATS! THE PHILLIES ARE CHEATERS!!!!!! CHEATS! CHEATS!

They need to ban any open air stadium anywhere or move these games to a proper location where the weather cannot biase the integrity of the sport.

WyldRanger

Sorry about this Ruby, but I have to vehemently disagree with you on multiple levels. First of all it was the Phillies who were the ones that a) played the best baseball throughout the entire series, and b) didn't need the DH to do it!

Yes I am a traditionalist when it comes to baseball which is why, though I don't hate it, I prefer the National League style of baseball without the DH, because it's the way baseball was "meant" to be played.

A dome creates just as much of an "unfair advantage" for the home team as the weather does for a team that plays their games outside. Case in point: The '87 & '91 Minnesota Twins who while not necessarily the best teams still managed to win it all due in large part to the "dome field advantage"

With all that said, the Tampa Bay Rays have absolutely NOTHING to be sad about, the weren't even supposed to be there! So I will not only congratulate the Phillies for winning the series, but I will also congratulate the Rays for letting me watch a Fall Classic without either the Red Sox or Yankees involved in it!

*apologies for the mini rant!*  ;)

SakiaWarner

OOOO HOCKEY FANS *dances around*

Buffalo Sabres fan here.. Die Hard... bumperstickers on the car, used to do locker room interviews.. the whole 9 yards.

The season is in swing.. let's talk hockey!!
"When you suffice a need, you take that singular thing under your control...even for a little while, it's yours." You want it, you need it, you HAVE it, you CONTROL it. It's yours..."

Seara

LOVE the wings here. I watch most but not all of the games just because sometimes they are on too late hehe.

About them looking better I personally don't think they have hit their stride. You see a lot of missed passes so you know they aren't quiet in tune with eachother yet. The wings are known for their supurb passing and that has not happend yet. Their defense is looking rather shaky and they will need to tighten that up if they plan on doing a repeat of last years cup win. Their scoring is suprurb this year. They need to watch the high stick penalities they are picking them up too high too often. But I think by mid-season we will see them starting to come together better as the team is more acquanted with eachother. Lots of new faces this year.

Thats just my take hehe :)

WyldRanger

I take a little bit back, while the Wings do look good, I'll admit that they don't look as crisp as they did most of last season. Tho' Hossa is fitting in rather nicely ;)

And that game last night against the Devils was by far the most entertaining of the year thus far! :) I mean, c'mon. McCarty has a fight in the first couple of minutes, they win handily and Osgood was magnificent in goal. So after a shaky start due to injuries and timing, I think things are starting to settle in quite nicely for them now. :)

WyldRanger

So, I'm seriously considering finally delving into the digital age by purchasing a digital camera once I get my tax refund. My question is a very basic one. For the casual person that just wants to take basic pictures and share them, is there any particular brand I should steer towards, or even better, any brands I should stay as far away from as possible?

Oniya

Are you looking for casual use or professional-grade?  I've been very happy with the Casio Exilim that I bought on EBay.  (Although I've found that using a graphics program to resize the images to half-size is needed to give them best quality, that's not a terrible hardship.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ket

Well it sounds like you don't really need, nor probably want, a dSLR.  As far as brand, most people are highly loyal in the photography world.  A Canon lover is going to tell you to buy a Canon, and Nikon enthusiast is going to tell you to buy Nikon. 

I can tell you this, Canon has better glass.  Period.  From their L series lenses all the way down to simple point and shoots.

Nikon is better with noise in lower light. 

PM me, we'll talk. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

WyldRanger

Quote from: Oniya on January 14, 2009, 11:57:36 PM
Are you looking for casual use or professional-grade?  I've been very happy with the Casio Exilim that I bought on EBay.  (Although I've found that using a graphics program to resize the images to half-size is needed to give them best quality, that's not a terrible hardship.)

What I'm really looking for is one for casual use to get me inspired to get out and about a bit more often ;)

To that end, I'm certainly not looking for the cheapest nor the most expensive. I mostly just want one that I can count on to return the favor as long as I treat it right.

I'm curious as to what people think of the ones they have and what they'd recommend.

Quote from: Ket on January 15, 2009, 12:47:08 AM
Well it sounds like you don't really need, nor probably want, a dSLR.  As far as brand, most people are highly loyal in the photography world.  A Canon lover is going to tell you to buy a Canon, and Nikon enthusiast is going to tell you to buy Nikon. 

I can tell you this, Canon has better glass.  Period.  From their L series lenses all the way down to simple point and shoots.

Nikon is better with noise in lower light. 

PM me, we'll talk. 

PM will be sent shortly!  :)

WyldRanger

WyldRanger

magnamos

The Overlord

Any way you slice them, Klingons are the sh1t.  8)

WyldRanger

*ick* The Wings better shape up soon (especially Osgood) or we're going to be in trouble come playoff time...