Scourge of Worlds - A Pathfinder Adventure

Started by Laughing Hyena, April 19, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

Yorubi

I agree! Take your time as we sharpen our Shivs... don't worry the longer you take, the sharper we can get them.  >:)

Laughing Hyena

*drumroll* And here is the IC thread! Enjoy the first post of this adventure! And hey don't forget to bookmark this.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105989.msg4602083#new

Crovonovin

Huzzah!  The fun commences, and with a climactic duel right out of the gate!

Yorubi

Hurray! To bad my mind is just fried today for RPing. T.T Oh well I'll hopefully get a post for tomorrow or my mind might somehow get fixed. Is there an OOC thread to post our character sheets on?

Edit: Durr we already did that. *sighs and shakes her head* I'm so useless today i swear.

Edit Edit: My roll... Really... cause I'm all disoriented it decides to grace me with an amazing roll? >.< lol Well I'm going to maybe take a nap and hopefully come back with a clearer head so I don't have to hold people up. At least its more so opening posts right now. ^^;;

Init: 20+5 = 25
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3012354/

Laughing Hyena

Glad you guys liked the first post I made. Took me a while to figure it out and since I had to translate the NPCs into Pathfinder rules this proved very time consuming. I'm glad to see my efforts were not in vain. :-)

Kate

i rolled - 13 in total for my initiative.

I am doing something right riding though i hope

Ride = 9 + take 10 = +19

Laughing Hyena

Please post your roll results and such in the IC room with a small horizontal rule to separate OOC and IC action.

Yorubi

Well my nap is done and I still feel a lil bit out of it, but at the same time motivated! Woot going to work on a post! ^^

Edit: As a side note... woot for the alchemist having a convenient wagon for the carefree rogue to hitch a ride on and nap on. XD

Edit Edit: And a posted. What better reason to go on such a quest for a fey raised child then out of boredom and the ability to hitch a ride on the alchemists wagon when he isn't looking? The RP just started and I'm already loving the personality I have behind Tailee. XD

Sabriel

Eeep surprise postings, Ill get to work on my own post immediately  ;D

Ebb

Great start, everyone.

LH: Do you want to keep this thread open for OOC chatter, or do a separate one? Or just do OOC chatter in spoiler boxes in the posts? I'm fine any way you decide.

Yorubi: I'm fine with our having overlooked the stowaway until now. It's not entirely realistic, but it'll be dramatic to have her appear in the middle of our first battle.

Yorubi

Well talking with Shihong pretty much he did say its fine though he probably ended up noticing her. Basically lets just say she gave a rather sweet look and slung around a few words about poor her and needing a ride and all and got him to give in. :) In terms of everyone else, its up to you if you know that he found her or if you found her yourself. ^^

Sabriel

Ello

I did wonder if we was supposed to see the druid which is why when I mentioned them I tried to skirt the issue, I did not want to ignore Kate's mention of it thougth :P

Anyway thats not quite why I was posting in the OOC

I was curious at all if it would be correct to hazard a guess at what type of creature this could be, since well that could influence my characters actions.  But then I would not wish to assume anything since well I might be a bit more apt than my character at guessing monsters base nature :P

The only reason I ask is because well I figure it might call for a use of her "Bane" ability but well she have to realize it's base nature to do that.

Kate

opps if i misread sorry ...

lets say the druid left and we have our hands full i guess - phps we may stumble upon him later

Laughing Hyena

using this for the OOC thread is fine I guess.

Yorubi

Well someone has to make an OOC thread for us to use one now, wouldn't they? *Playfully nudges Hyena* XD

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Sabriel on May 08, 2011, 06:58:57 AM
Ello

I did wonder if we was supposed to see the druid which is why when I mentioned them I tried to skirt the issue, I did not want to ignore Kate's mention of it thougth :P

Anyway thats not quite why I was posting in the OOC

I was curious at all if it would be correct to hazard a guess at what type of creature this could be, since well that could influence my characters actions.  But then I would not wish to assume anything since well I might be a bit more apt than my character at guessing monsters base nature :P

The only reason I ask is because well I figure it might call for a use of her "Bane" ability but well she have to realize it's base nature to do that.

Tell me what you think it might be and i'll tell you if its right or not.

Sabriel

Id guess that my character would be thinking it is some kind of Elemental creature.

Crovonovin

At the moment Jeremiah doesn't much care what it is, so long as he can keep pelting it with deadly explosives and hope for the best!

Sabriel

Well its only a relevant thing to her at present because if she can guess at its nature she can better fight it with her bane ability, bane is not a very useful ability unless applied to the proper targets of course  :P

Of course given the situation and the danger of perhaps the goals of the mission being compromised she probably be more willing to just hope it was a particular type of creature.

Yorubi

Think it is an elemental just how its described but who knows. I mean... why wouldn't it be... isn't it like one of the few things in pathfinder that can not be sneak attacked? lol XD

Crovonovin

If it looks like it's an artificial being without internal organs, then it's a fairly safe bet that sneak attack damage does not apply. 

Yorubi

Pretty much lol ^^;; Well reading it up, pathfinder made it so sneak attack works on most things no (excluding some exceptions) and elemental is one of those things it pretty much says is likely immune haha. ^^;; Sneak attacks work off weak points though rather internal organs though from what I read so many creatures can actually be hurt by it :)

Sneak Attack (Pathfinder SRD) if your curious and want to see. ^^

Only reason I know is cause I checked it out and know in DDO those damn undead that seem everywhere don't work with sneak attack. T.T

Crovonovin

Oh god, I just looked up the new abilities for the Alchemist in Ultimate Magic.

It...almost makes me wish I was playing a total lunatic instead of a good guy!

Of particular note...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alchemical Zombie (Su): The alchemist gains the ability to animate a relatively complete corpse as an alchemy-powered zombie. This process takes 1 hour and costs 100 gp in alchemical reagents per HD of the corpse being animated; the dead creature gains the zombie template. Zombies that are created in this manner count as undead created by animate dead for the purposes of determining how many undead the alchemist can control. An alchemist must be at least 8th level before selecting this discovery. The created zombie is a creature, not a supernatural effect.

Doppelganger Simulacrum (Su): The alchemist learns how to create a soulless duplicate of his body, into which he can project his consciousness. As a full-round action, he may shift his consciousness from his current body to any one of his available doppelganger simulacra, which must be on the same plane as the alchemist. If killed in a simulacrum, he transfers to his own body automatically; if killed in his own body, he is dead. Unused simulacra (including his abandoned original body) appear to be lifeless corpses, though they do not decay. Creating a duplicate costs 1,000 gp in alchemical materials and requires 1 week to grow. An alchemist must be at least 10th level and must have the alchemical simulacrum discovery before selecting this discovery. The created simulacrum is a creature, not a supernatural effect.

Mummification (Ex): The alchemist has mastered preserving flesh and applied this knowledge to his own body, turning himself into an undeadlike creature. After learning this discovery, the alchemist must perform a 30-day regimen of a special diet, rigorous exercise, and drinking a mildly poisonous alchemical tea. At the end of this regimen, he falls unconscious for 24 hours, then awakens as a “living mummy.” The alchemist’s type does not change, but he becomes immune to cold, nonlethal damage, paralysis, and sleep. An alchemist must be at least 10th level and must have the preserve organs discovery before selecting this discovery.

Plague Bomb (Su)*: The effects of the smoke created by an alchemist’s bomb duplicates the effects of contagion instead of fog cloud, filling an area equal to twice the bomb’s splash area for 1 round per level. An alchemist must be at least 8th level and must have the smoke bomb discovery before selecting this discovery.

Preserve Organs (Ex): The alchemist learns how to preserve and protect his vital organs, reducing the chance of a mortal wound. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the alchemist, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally. This does not stack with similar abilities that negate critical hits and sneak attacks (such as fortification armor). An alchemist can take this discovery up to three times; the effects stack, increasing this chance to 50% and then 75%.

Tentacle (Ex): The alchemist gains a prehensile, arm-length tentacle on his body. The tentacle is fully under his control and cannot be concealed except with magic or bulky clothing. The tentacle does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round, though he can use it to make a tentacle attack (1d4 damage for a Medium alchemist, 1d3 damage for a Small one) with the grab ability. The tentacle can manipulate or hold items as well as the alchemist’s original arms can (for example, allowing the alchemist to use one hand to wield a weapon, the tentacle to hold a potion, and the third hand to throw a bomb). Unlike an arm, the tentacle has no magic item slots.

Vestigial Arm (Ex): The alchemist gains a new arm (left or right) on his torso. The arm is fully under his control and cannot be concealed except with magic or bulky clothing. The arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round, though the arm can wield a weapon and make attacks as part of the alchemist’s attack routine (using two-weapon fighting). The arm can manipulate or hold items as well as the alchemist’s original arms (for example, allowing the alchemist to use one hand to wield a weapon, another hand to hold a potion, and the third hand to throw a bomb). The arm has its own “hand” and “ring” magic item slots (though the alchemist can still only wear two rings and two hand magic items at a time). An alchemist may take this discovery up to two times.

Parasitic Twin (Ex): The alchemist’s vestigial limbs are part of a parasitic twin on his torso, consisting of a head, a torso, and two arms (from the vestigial limb discovery). Normally, the twin is mostly recessed within the alchemist’s body, with the visible arms acting like the vestigial arm discovery, though the alchemist can manifest or hide the twin as a standard action. The twin is helpless, fully subservient to the alchemist, and cannot be targeted or harmed. Once per day, if the alchemist succumbs to a mental effect that would make him unconscious, helpless, or not in control of his own actions (such as charm person, feeblemind, or hold person), he can reroll his saving throw; success means the twin absorbs the effect and the alchemist can ignore it. Using this ability sickens the alchemist for the duration of the absorbed effect (removing the effect from the twin ends the sickened condition), and he cannot use the twin’s limbs during that time, though passive effects (such as from rings worn on the vestigial limbs) continue normally. The alchemist must have selected the vestigial limb discovery twice before selecting this discovery.

Yorubi

Ooo Psychonaut! *Gets distracted with off topic thoughts of doing an RP inspired by that awesomeness of a game world*