GM looking for a long term ERP partner for epic storyline

Started by rhev, March 26, 2012, 07:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhev

Let me start simply, then you can read more for further details.  I am looking for the following:

I am looking for a player....

• ...who can write the female perspective well (do not care about RL gender).
  • ...who is looking for a long term roleplay, a game that may take a year or more to complete.
  • ...who uses instant messenger and doesn't mind communicating there for OOC . (at least for the pre-game phase so we can discuss game direction)
  • ...who can write at least 4-8 sentences per post usually, but who also understands that sometimes replies need to be short.
  • ...who understands that Elliquiy is about erotic roleplay, so our game will not just be a story, it will not just be sex.  It will be both sex and a story.
  • ...who uses a spell checker and understands why grammar is important.
  • ...who can post at least every other day basis, or at least 4 times a week.
  • ...who knows D&D 3rd edition / 3.5 edition / or pathfinder. (at least well enough to make a 1st level character)
  • ...who wants to try to help me out with some custom classes / spells / etc that I have created for D&D 3.5  (but could be used in pathfinder).

Now, I know that's a list of a lot of very specific things, but here's what I'm offering:
I am a GM who's been running games for over 25 years now.  I have worked with other GMs who have gone on to write for WOTC, and had industry discussions with other RP standards that have helped craft the state of several role playing games (including D&D and pathfinder) over the last 20 years.  I have created some custom erotic content and want help 'testing' it in a game setting.  This content is sexually themed and thusly the game will also be erotic in nature.  However I don't want you to think that the game will just be sex.

The base of the story is at it's heart a 'rags to riches' story.  Your character, starting at low level (maybe 5th?) will work her way up in power, physically, mentally, sexually, socially, etc, and eventually come to be the queen of the kingdom by the end of the story.  However this will only happen with political maneuvering, stealth, power, and sex.

I can promise a role play of premium quality, but am going to be looking for the best player to fill this role.  I will not be taking the first person to post on this thread, but will instead be looking for the right woman (or person who can write as a woman) that I think will stick around for the long haul and be a good match for what I posted above.

If you're interested, post below, or contact me on the instant messenger program of your choice.  When you do, say "hi this is so and so from E!"  don't just 'add' me or message me with 'hi'   I block people who don't introduce themselves since spam robots hit me a dozen times a day.

Widowwolf

I am quite interested in this. Do you know the premise of the game you will be creating? I have a few years experience with D&D 3.5, and the books out on my bookshelf. I have never used pathfinder, but am willing to learn if this is the preferred method. While I cannot guarantee every day due to work, I can guarantee often, and should be able to post 4 or 5 times a week.

In my experience I tend not to do well with casters, but I will try if that is one of the classes you need play tested. Please take my application into consideration and I hope that we can chat further.
I spin a web of fantasy.. tell me your desires.
Feel free to hit me up on Skype, I will send info when asked.
F-List

rhev

I would actually prefer 3.5 over pathfinder to be honest.    It's understandable that you couldn't post every day... sometimes you just get busy or too tired.  But regular posting is what's important to me, and someone who's going to stick in there for the long haul.   As for classes, I have a few custom classes that I'd want to discuss with you on (or anyone else interested) instant messenger.  I see you have yahoo/ aol/ and msn.  So feel free to contact me whenever is convinent for you.  I will be around my computer for the next half hour, then later after 5pm EST.

rhev

Haven't heard back from Widowwolf yet
Also, I modified the requirements in the original post to make them a little less stringent since I haven't found anyone that perfectly fits yet.

If you fit most of these please contact me.  Worst that will happen is we won't be a good match.   :)

Terian

I'm interested, but I'd like a bit more information on the campaign setting you have in mind, as well as what you mean by"Custom Classes" and mechanics.

I don't have a ton of access to instant message programs, and my work schedule doesn't usually have me being able to keep up with that kind of thing very much either.  I do check the PBP forums fairly often however, and make good use of PMs.

rhev

I've gotten a lot of responses in the last few days and have been talking to several people.   If I haven't gotten in touch with you yet, please be patient.   Thank you.

Sethala

I know you just said you've got a lot of responses, but I'd like to try getting in on this as well.

I'm familiar with 3.5 and Pathfinder, and while I prefer pathfinder (seems to be a lot more balanced, at least what I've played of it so far, and it gives a lot more options to the players), I'm fine with 3.5.

rhev

Thanks sethala, and you're a great player.  But I JUST pretty much picked a person earlier today, was just coming here to thank everyone for their interest.  I'm going to try to make sure I contact everyone that showed interest, but just incase I miss anyone, thank you all VERY much for the interest in the game.  I wish I could play with all of you, but as I said at the outset, I'm looking for a very specific type of player and think I found them.

Thanks again!