World Serpent Inn Sandbox [Pathfinder] - Recruiting Players!

Started by indarkestknight, June 13, 2013, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

That works.... Now I just need to pick feats and equipment.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dracorion

Alrighty then, just FYI, I changed Kallian's picture to something I felt fit her much better.

Kimera

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 21, 2013, 09:47:17 PM
You'll want to focus on Strength, Constitution, and Charisma for your stat-boosting equipment, and I don't think you'll need to worry about AC yet, given your extremely high natural armor bonus.  For feats, I think it's best to take into account your combat role.  In close combat, your main contribution will be grappling with the Grab ability on your tongues, so I recommend Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Greater Grapple, and the Extended Reach feat, which was already allowed for my character. ^^

At range, you've got a variety of mind-affecting abilities, and can fall back on a powerful breath weapon and innate Telekinesis sla when facing undead and constructs and such.  Considering that, it might be a good idea to look through 3.5 feats to see if you can find anything to pump up any of those abilities.  Rapid Breath, for example, or the Metabreath feats from Draconomicon.

The Amulet of Mighty Fists might also be a good magic item to pick up to add a little extra oomph to your natural attacks, for that matter.

Can't get the grapple feats, as they require a 13 dex (without equipment). With the racial -4 I would need a 17 with the point buy.
Need to rearrange my point buy a bit.

Would the feat Dire Charge from draconomicon be allowed?

indarkestknight

Dire Charge? Yes, I suppose I'll allow it once you hit epic.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that, Rules As Written, I believe it is explicitly spelled out that you can use a magic item that grants a constant bonus to an ability score to satisfy a feat prerequisite. Of course, should that item be suppressed by dispel magic, lost, stolen, destroyed, or if you find yourself in an antimagic field or in similar straights, you will not be able to use the feats until the item's power returns/you recover the item. I will note that, as a 15th HD character, you do have 3 ability score bonuses to spend, so hypothetically, a Dex 14 before racial modifiers would be sufficient to get you to the 17/13 you need.

Kimera

Oh right, overlooked the epic tag on that one.

As for improed grab and greater grab, do those bonusses stack with the +4 from the grab power?
The grab descriptor on natural weapons already gives a +4 to grappling and makes themnot cause attack of oppertunities

indarkestknight

They stack, so you'd have a total of +8 to grapple.

ShadowFox89

Any suggestions on equipment? Maybe a magic chastity belt to keep poor Kyuui from being molested by everyone.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

In the magic item compendium, you have the ghost ward armor enchantment.

Now it says it gives the armors enchantment bonus to armor class against touch attacks.

Does it give the armors total enchantment bonus?

For example, a +2 ghost ward armor has a total enchantment bonus of 3. Does it add 2 or 3 to armor class defence for touch attacks.

ShadowFox89

It has a +3 enchantment bonus for the purposes of cost, but +2 for adding to AC.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

Almost done.

Went with Amulet of Mighty Fists +3, but dunno if I would add anything special or just keep the +3 to hit and damage.

Also, still have one trait and feat slot open. I was thinking either raise the DC of one of its powers or maximize breath weapon, for a nice solid 150 damage

Alliance

indarkestknight

Quote from: Kimera on June 22, 2013, 05:25:52 AM
In the magic item compendium, you have the ghost ward armor enchantment.

Now it says it gives the armors enchantment bonus to armor class against touch attacks.

Does it give the armors total enchantment bonus?

For example, a +2 ghost ward armor has a total enchantment bonus of 3. Does it add 2 or 3 to armor class defence for touch attacks.

+2 to AC.

Quote from: Alliance on June 22, 2013, 10:25:36 AM
So my characters are allowed?

It looks like no one has a problem with it, so, yes.

Alliance

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Alliance

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Alliance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 22, 2013, 03:56:03 PM
Were you asking about a place for a sheet? ???

So we're using an original Pathfinder sheet?

So we're not using something the GM creates?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 22, 2013, 04:02:58 PM
That's usually how it goes :)

I like how he couldn't just LOOK at how other people were posting character sheets, and went from there.

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Alliance

Quote from: NicciKotor on June 22, 2013, 04:10:18 PM
I like how he couldn't just LOOK at how other people were posting character sheets, and went from there.

I like how someone was very respectful to the person who was just curious.

ShadowFox89

That's just how Nicci is. You get used to it. Or ignore it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Alliance

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 22, 2013, 04:18:50 PM
That's just how Nicci is. You get used to it. Or ignore it.

Yes because clearly the only two options is to accept disrespect or ignore disrespect and not stand up to the party.

indarkestknight

Gentlemen. Ladies. Let's all try to be courteous to our fellows. We're all here to have fun and play, aren't we? So I'd appreciate it if conflicts were kept to the IC sort. Thank you.

indarkestknight

Okay, guys, with four characters fully vetted, I'm happy to say I'm going to start setting up the OOC & IC threads for this game. OOC thread will be up sooner; I'll try to get the IC up tonight, but if not, tomorrow at the latest.

I'll continue to work on vetting the characters I've yet to get to.

Now, obviously, given the nature of the characters, this is going in exotic, but other than that, which board do you feel would be most appropriate?

Furthermore, do you guys want all the IC action in a centralized thread, or spread out across multiple IC threads?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I don't have any plans for NC content myself, but I think that NC-Exotic might be a good idea, just to get all our bases covered.  As for how many IC threads to have, I think it would probably be best to just start with a thread for the common room of the World Serpent Inn, and then split off extra threads as necessary.  That would probably be the easiest way to handle things, I think.