-Personal
-Has not taken a life
-Inexperienced
Phobias:
Acrophobia
Globophobia

Religious Beliefs: Eastern-Orthodox

Brief Personal History:
Born in NYC in [DATA EXPUNGED]. Of middle-class descent, had a seemingly trauma-free childhood. Moved into a private academy in Manhattan before gaining scholarship to Oxford, UK. Took several linguistic classes and foreign language courses before switching to criminal psychology, eventually going on to major in law. Not long after she joined the FBI as a trainee, eventually becoming a linguist, and finally transferring to the BAU.
Mother died 8 years before when she was 18. Laura's relationship with her father is intimate and healthy. Dated a James Morrison "on and off" for 8 months before finally being broken off by incident with SCP-829.
Believed to be of healthy state of mind, but yet inexperienced with life and possibly naive, despite work with the FBI.

Previous Employment:
FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) - Dealt in crimes relating to serial murders, kidnappings, serial rapes, and single murders. Shown surprising ability at "getting inside" the mind of a criminal.

Experience with the Supernatural (if applicable):
Exposed to SCP-829 for a brief period of five (5) days. Exhibited signs of contamination while engaging in activities with current partner, James Morrison. SCP Foundation only learned of exposure after-the-fact, SCP-829 having been disposed of in trash on the sixth (6th) day. When investigated, relationship was seemingly broken off and Mrs. Stone had of her free will stopped application of substance to nails. Apparently acquired from [DATA EXPUNGED]. Investigating further.

Next of Kin:
Mother - Elizabeth Stone - Deceased
Father - Isaac Stone - Alive

Caitlin

Is this still going to happen? It's been 3 days now since the latest update from Linna. Currently I'm keeping a spot open in my schedule for this game, but more information about if/ when it'll take place would be appreciated. I'd really like to join a group game again, but I can only afford one in my schedule. If this game won't be happening I'd like to know about it so I can join something else instead.

DeviantMunster

I believe it is. I asked her a question, which she answered, not a day ago.

Question Mark

Quote from: DeviantMunster on August 30, 2012, 02:53:30 PM
I believe it is. I asked her a question, which she answered, not a day ago.

Linna's a lord :p

Caitlin

Quote from: Question Mark on August 30, 2012, 02:59:46 PM
Or so he wants us to think. -grins wickedly-

Either way, I'm glad to hear that this hopefully won't die due to inactivity. I had that happening a little bit too often lately and it grows old quick. ;)

Then again, the vacation period likely also had something to do with that. Now that most people are returning from their vacations the stories will likely pick up again too. ^_^

Question Mark

Quote from: Caitlin on August 30, 2012, 03:26:03 PM
Or so he wants us to think. -grins wickedly-

Either way, I'm glad to hear that this hopefully won't die due to inactivity. I had that happening a little bit too often lately and it grows old quick. ;)

Then again, the vacation period likely also had something to do with that. Now that most people are returning from their vacations the stories will likely pick up again too. ^_^

Ya, I hope so.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Question Mark on August 30, 2012, 02:59:46 PM

Rocks fall and kill Question Mark for his gross ignorance >_>
j/k

Quote from: Caitlin on August 30, 2012, 08:40:42 AM
Is this still going to happen? It's been 3 days now since the latest update from Linna. Currently I'm keeping a spot open in my schedule for this game, but more information about if/ when it'll take place would be appreciated. I'd really like to join a group game again, but I can only afford one in my schedule. If this game won't be happening I'd like to know about it so I can join something else instead.

I'm here hun just waiting for more people to show interest.  I guess I could put some more info but that requires thinking.

The game will take place in a fairly modern world like we know and love.  Every agent has been recruited and is part of Mobile Response Team Gamma, assigned to monitor and try to intercept SCPs, deal with rival organizations and handle public relations and make Foundation activities 'disappear'.  Most will be assigned to the American Midwest and Southeast, and will more than likely travel far away from major areas of civilization.  They will be responsible for taking any actions necessary to keep Foundation activities a secret and secure SCPs, up to and including annihilation of local population centers*.  The objective of MTF Gamma is to do whatever is necessary to achieve the objectives, regardless of cost or collateral damage.

*Population Centers of 10,000 individuals or less

Pretty much your job is to do whatever you need to do to ensure that your objective is accomplished.  You may face safe or euclid objects, but expect to deal with Keter objects that are extremely dangerous.  You'll also occasionally deal with organizations hostile to the Foundation and will need to cover up your activities.  I'll leave that up to you, but you can pretty much expect to deal with stuff that'll make you question what's what in our messed up universe.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Caitlin

Hmm... Midwest... It makes me wonder if there is a sentient man-eating cornfield somewhere out there.

Question Mark

Maybe a cowboy hat that possesses the wearer with murderous intent?

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Caitlin

If you need SCP related ideas, feel free to contact me at any time lol. My mind is... Well, fucked up. I always get the craziest ideas and I'm even considering to add some SCP's to the actual files. :-p

To stick to the mid west theme, how about a hungry hyperactive pony with 8 legs and bloodshot eyes, that has a taste for human finger nails and isn't too picky about how he eats them? That ought to be pretty creepy. :p

I'm not sure if I should call it a catterpilar pony or a spider pony though. ;)

Another good one could be a hankerchief that tries to choke you whenever you blow your nose. It just sucks itself to your face and refuses to let go, not letting you breath.

Or a murderous TomTom device, that picks a route that will certainly get you killed. Some call it a bug, others call it intent... -grins-

There is lots of other stuff that we can do with every day devices too.

Cold Heritage

I want to be cool like Agent Lament and Agent Dodridge. :(
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Question Mark

What about something a little less harmful, like a ranch house which is twice the size on the inside than it is on the outside, and is steadily growing.

Or sentient crop circles: symbols that appear in corn fields with alarming regularity, and can vanish and re-appear within seconds?

Caitlin

Or... Trees that stand still and do nothing special, except that they give you a creepy feeling as if they're trying to sneak up on you. It'd be especially cool if that tree would 'follow' you around, by appearing at places you go to and look over your shoulder, where it simply stands there... Doing nothing. Mwahaha. (Such a tree would be perfect for my paranoid character lol, I can already picture him running to the tree and yell at it out of frustration, anger and fear.)

Question Mark

Wait...  Is your character Durkon Thundershield?

It all makes sense now.

Caitlin

Lol, no he's not exactly a dwarf, but he is very paranoid. ^_^

I'll do my best to add some humour into the game as well. Humour and horror, it's such a lovely combination. ;)

GloomCookie

We have two agents so far and if interested, I can start the game with just two, but I'd rather aim for about four characters to make sure we have a rounded, diverse group of agents.  I'll let you guys be the judges of that.
My DeviantArt

Caitlin

Two? I think you mean three, I'm counting myself, QuestionMark and DeviantMunster. At least, us three filled in an application. The way you wrote it in the sign up I had the impression that we had to fill in a template like a ciriculum vitae and apply for a job at SCP.

One more would be nice to have though!

GloomCookie

*facepalm* Three.  Ok I'll post a thread tomorrow.
My DeviantArt

Question Mark

GloomCookie

Ok guys, thread is located here and I added a 4th member of the cast XD

Name: Walton the Cat (SCP-2001)
Basic Physical Description: A small grey and white domestic housecat with typical striping along his back and tail.  Often wears a red bow tie.
Distinguishing Marks: N/A

Psychological Profile: Forthcoming and honest, Walton prefers observing his surroundings and has gained a healthy respect for humans both for their greater strength but also for their ability to reason when the need arises.  He is generally trusting of people once he gets to know them and feels safe around them, but has been known to hold grudges.
Phobias: Claustrophobia
Religious Beliefs: Non-Aligned Christian
Brief Personal History: Walter was born sometime in 1940, though whether he saw any of WWII is unknown.  At the time he was an ordinary feline and possessed no intelligence beyond normal.  It was around 1951 that Walton was, from his personal accounts, awoken.  He remembered a strange setup that began testing him and made him evolve higher brain functions.  He doesn't remember who or why this happened, only that he was shortly after discarded and left to roam the streets of London.

He came to the notice of the SCP in 2001 when rumors floated in to the SCP office in London of a feline for sale by a street bum that could, reportedly, talk.  The agents went and took the cat, causing amnesia in the man and leaving it at that.  Walton reacted to this by biding his time before trying to escape, faking the tests until he could manipulate the locks and be let out.  He'd nearly escaped when he was apprehended, and it became aware he was very intelligent when he began to swear at the agents.

Because of Walton's safe nature and tendency to break out of locked areas, he has been granted status as an SCP agent, though he now also possesses a GPS tracking chip due to his nature as an SCP as well, due to the Foundation being unable to identify how or why he became intelligent.  In 2012, Walton asked for a transfer to the US offices, and an opening was available in the Midwest and Southeastern mobile task force Gamma.

Previous Employment: N/A
Experience with the Supernatural (if applicable): Is currently an SCP due to possible exposure to an as-yet identified SCP.
Next of Kin: Countless normal kittens from almost 50 years of unrestrained mating throughout London.
My DeviantArt

Caitlin

Without the tie and with gold coloured eyes he'd look just like my own cat. ;D

GloomCookie

This is actually Walton's second appearance.  He showed up in another paranormal RP I was running but it dropped out so I'm hoping Walton can lend more adorableness to the game.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

Check the first post for handy links.  NPC bios will be located there if they'll be a recurring feature.
My DeviantArt

Wintercat

Looks like a fun idea, a fan of SCP and definitely finding this interesting. Do you mind if I follow along to read the tale as it goes? Might be interested to play, but I've felt myself jinxing a couple games in the past (then again, summer did bring some slow season to games anyway) so I figure I'd only watch in this case.

Just checking for permission first.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A