Halo or Starcraft Interest Check (Story Emphasis) [Recruiting!!]

Started by Question Mark, August 23, 2012, 03:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

I'm looking to start a game in either the Halo or Starcraft Verses.  The plot is up for debate, as are when in the Verse it takes place.  I am not willing to do a crossover.  Intimate knowledge of the Verse is a plus, but not required.

THIS IS A PLOT FOCUSED GAME!  Mature stuff is certainly possible, but it must be a natural development of the story!

Below are a couple of plot ideas, nothing concrete.  Feel free to post your own!  If we get some interest, we'll put up all of the suggested plots for a vote.

"I need a weapon."

The Resistance
When they attacked Earth, the first place the Covenant landed was New Mombasa, a sprawling African metropolis mere miles from the Ark portal.  Their invasion was swift and brutal, and their retreat even more devastating.  However, the city remained occupied even after the Prophet of Regret fled to Installation 05, leaving vicious brute squads and groups of lesser Covenant to crush any semblance of humanity within the city in anticipation of the portal's opening.  Amidst this horror, a small yet durable resistance has come together, fighting to retake their city and force the Covenant off Earth.

Marooned
When the Pillar of Autumn crash-landed on Installation 04, much of the crew was scattered over a large area of the ring.  In the haste to regroup, some of the survivors were accidentally overlooked...  One such lifeboat crashes in an idyllic basin, on the coast of an azure lake dotted with mysterious structures.  Most of the occupants are killed, but a ragged handful endure.  Thinking there were no survivors, no rescue is sent.  Surrounded by mysterious alien ruins, they must evade the everpresent Covenant, survive the Flood infection, and unlock the mysteries of the ring before it is too late.

"Hell, it's about time."

A New World
After the depopulating Brood War, Terrans renewed their efforts to expand and recolonize.  Most of the territory lost to the Swarm was retaken, and a few new planets were settled as well.  One such colony, named Prosperity, was a relatively barren world rich in vital ores.  Although cold and possessing little native life, it was quickly settled by industrious people from all walks of life, looking to start anew.  A large mining town named Bounty sprouted up.  Fast forward four years, and the Swarm has returned, it's intent seemingly to eradicate all Terran life.  They storm the planet, overrunning it within days.  They appear to be searching for something.  A Protoss fleet has also followed them to Prosperity, fighting the Zerg but doing little to protect the Terrans.  Seemingly abandoned by the Dominion, the survivors of the initial assault desperately search for a way off world.

Oblivion Incarnate
The Terrans, ever inquisitive, have discovered an alien shrine on a distant moon.  Constructed by the Xel'Naga eons ago, the shrine is vast and sprawling, but seems to serve no known purpose.  Our characters would be part of a research team who have settled here semi-permanently to investigate the shrine and it's builders.  Although the Swarm initially avoids it during its resurgence, the isolated research team finds themselves stalked by a monstrous being that has awoken in the bowels of the shrine.  An unholy fusion of Zerg and Protoss, this Hybrid is urgently searching for a way off world, and is more than willing to slaughter a handful of pitiful Terrans along the way.

InvertedAgony

Hmm... Halo seems interesting (it totally has nothing to do with me being... what is it I am labeled again? A Halo-tard? XD)

Either plot idea sounds good to me (though I am leaning towards the New Mombasa one). I take it in both we are regular UNSC combatants? (No problem with me xD)

But we shall see once more people comment right? ^~^ (the details can be given once you are set up if a Halo rp is made)

Question Mark

You can be any character you want, as long as it's plausible.  Only exceptions being SPARTANs and aliens: your character must be human, and he/she must fit within the lore.  Aside from that, it's whatever you want!

InvertedAgony

Good to know. That is why I asked because I have seen people decide to play a Spartan... And usually OP them =-=;; (which apparently is very easy to do... ~cough~M.C. cookie-cutter ~cough~) I got no problem playing a Marine, nor if I was allowed to play a Spartan (since in the books they hint at there being ...3... aside from MC alive? o.O i don't remember exactly lol i just know the ones from the books I have read so far)

Anyways, I'll be up for it long as others jump in too since it's more fun with more people.

Question Mark

There are a handful of SPARTANs still alive during the events of Halo 2, though none of them were in New Mombasa (aside from the MC before Regret fled).  Blue Team was on Earth, but they never visited New Mombasa to the best of my knowledge.

InvertedAgony

Right. To my knowledge (from the first 3 books: First Strike, The Flood, and [insert title here when I remember]) There were roughly 5 Spartans who were still technically alive/survived.

Anyways, there is no problem if Spartans cannot enter N.M. I personally do not mind playing a marine but I'd gladly play that and a Spartan if it is possible somewhere (especially if needed).

Aiden

Question Mark

Quote from: Aiden on August 24, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
I'd be all about a Star craft game!

...you look familiar.  Do I know you?

Heh, anyway, do you have any preference as to the plot?

Aiden

Nope!  ;D

Plot wise, I like "New World" better it good set up for people who want a "new life" (Ex cons, deserters, colonists etc) to come together and rough it out on a planet.

Question Mark

So far, we've got one person for Halo and one for Starcraft.  Would either of you be willing to do a game in the other verse?  This hasn't gotten as much interest as I had hoped, but we can still pull off an awesome game with 3 people.

InvertedAgony

Quote from: Question Mark on August 26, 2012, 09:49:03 PM
So far, we've got one person for Halo and one for Starcraft.  Would either of you be willing to do a game in the other verse?  This hasn't gotten as much interest as I had hoped, but we can still pull off an awesome game with 3 people.

Well, I'll be very honest with both of you:

._. I don't know a thing about Starcraft other than its name and (I believe) it's a futuristic RTS? ._.
So... Yeah... I;m a total n00b when it comes to Starcraft Y>Y

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Question Mark

Quote from: SGTDan on August 26, 2012, 11:38:09 PM
I'm interested in both of these.

Any preference?  I believe we're leaning more towards Halo at the moment.  I just need to know if Aiden is willing.

SGTDan

Quote from: Question Mark on August 26, 2012, 11:43:49 PM
Any preference?  I believe we're leaning more towards Halo at the moment.  I just need to know if Aiden is willing.
I have several Halo characters premade!
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Question Mark

Quote from: SGTDan on August 26, 2012, 11:46:43 PM
I have several Halo characters premade!

What do you prefer plotwise?  Either of the two plots, or something else maybe?

SGTDan

Quote from: Question Mark on August 26, 2012, 11:53:34 PM
What do you prefer plotwise?  Either of the two plots, or something else maybe?

The second one mate
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Aiden

Quote from: Question Mark on August 26, 2012, 11:43:49 PM

Sorry, I was only going to join a new group game on the rare occurrence a Star craft game actually got rolling.

Good luck everyone.