Miami 2012: Crime and sex in the Big Water [System-AH] [Ex]

Started by Thufir Hawat, August 20, 2012, 02:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantMunster

Seems like this game...  8-) builds character.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: DeviantMunster on August 27, 2012, 03:46:45 AM
Seems like this game...  8-) builds character.
I think you missed an "s". It builds characters, yes :P!

Am I to consider that an application to join >:)?
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

DeviantMunster

Pfft. That'd be "too" corny.

And nope! I fear I have no idea how the system works, and would so hopelessly confuse my brain!
But for not ONE person to make a CSI: Miami joke? Shame, shame on all of you!
*is kidding*

Thufir Hawat

The system explains how it works, and I'm here to provide help, but it's your call.

About the jokes, I can speak for myself only, but I'm not a fan of CSI: Miami. Always looked more like a parody, and if the game does begin looking like one, it would be due to a heavy mistake on my part, and not because it's working as planned >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Isobel

Hehe, dunno about Angels exactly  >:) .

Welcome nlwatson, great character!  :-*

@AK47 I like Mari being known to Emily but not vice-versa, nice touch.

A 4th player?  Excellent!

Emily is a bit lonely, having started out as a mistress of her boss but not been too responsive, and now lives on her own, though in some style.  She isn't really aware of being lonely, but isn't into Italian machismo, and is drawn to younger girls whom she likes to cherish but so far doesn't get to keep for long - there's a lot of competition for the sort of girl she likes!  She is nice-looking and approachable, rather than intimidatingly beautiful - she's the kind of girl who gets hit on a lot; but she isn't looking.  The result is she doesn't go out that much: mainly to social functions where the Family use her social skills to be a companion, and to get her into places where she can access her victims or find out about their movements.  It helps that Americans are fascinated by her accent (which she pronounces 'ecksint'  ;D ) and many are intrigued to hear about the existence of this cute little country they never knew about.

She does get to the beach, to run and swim, but mainly early and late in the day when it's quiet.
Girls R Sexy!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Isobel on August 27, 2012, 06:44:12 AM
Hehe, dunno about Angels exactly  >:) .
Well, "angels" has lots of different meanings I guess :P.

And yeah, a fourth player is likely to join. So far, I like the cast for this game, and she's got a nice idea which would fit nicely with the rest of you IMO 8-)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Healergirl

Reading over the system now.  Hmm.  Modern setting, underworld Miami, occult underground.  Oooooo.  Magic may, and I stress may exist in the more shadowy corners of reality.

Hmmm.  How about a Street Doctor? Knows a lot of people, has a lot of connections of questionable reliability.  A competent source of medical care, rather unusual for the type, she is not herself an alcoholic or drug addict.  So she has some goodwill from very dangerous people,  has been a middleman for contact between factions.  And you know what can happen to people in the middle.

Former US Army Medic medically discharged because in the Western desert of Iraq, in the ruins of a city, ruins so old they were nothing more than a raised spot in the desert really, so old  nobody knew the name... she saw things, she heard things.  Maybe hallucinations, maybe real.  But regardless of what the shrinks told her, and a natural suspicion of the dramatic license of ghost and monster hunter shows.... she's not ready to dismiss accounts of something weird going on.

Whether she's right to think so or not, we'll see in play.  And besides, even if people who are motivated by that stuff might be wrong about what they believe, they can still be dangerous.

AKunoichi

So somebody who can patch up bullet holes without asking nosy questions?

Isobel

Quote from: Healergirl on August 27, 2012, 02:27:09 PM
Reading over the system now.  Hmm.  Modern setting, underworld Miami, occult underground.  Oooooo.  Magic may, and I stress may exist in the more shadowy corners of reality.

Hmmm.  How about a Street Doctor? Knows a lot of people, has a lot of connections of questionable reliability.  A competent source of medical care, rather unusual for the type, she is not herself an alcoholic or drug addict.  So she has some goodwill from very dangerous people,  has been a middleman for contact between factions.  And you know what can happen to people in the middle.

Former US Army Medic medically discharged because in the Western desert of Iraq, in the ruins of a city, ruins so old they were nothing more than a raised spot in the desert really, so old  nobody knew the name... she saw things, she heard things.  Maybe hallucinations, maybe real.  But regardless of what the shrinks told her, and a natural suspicion of the dramatic license of ghost and monster hunter shows.... she's not ready to dismiss accounts of something weird going on.

Whether she's right to think so or not, we'll see in play.  And besides, even if people who are motivated by that stuff might be wrong about what they believe, they can still be dangerous.
Doctor, very cool  :-* .  Magic, ghosts...not real, would be my request, in the plot I mean.  Hallucinations, PTSD sort of thing...lovely  :-) .
Girls R Sexy!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Healergirl on August 27, 2012, 02:27:09 PM

Now, that's a given >:)! And I like the character, so go ahead and adjust her stats.

Also, guys, Healergirl isn't the person I was referring to above, so we might well end up with 5 players 8-)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Isobel

Girls R Sexy!

Thufir Hawat

No, it's just that I'm not terribly clear about her as well, yet ;D!

I wonder what forum to put the threads in. Ah well, let's go with EX, better safe than upsetting anybody 8-)!

Character thread

Out of character thread
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Healergirl

PUtting the charactrer together now.

AK47,

The questions might be seen as nosy, but would be strictly work related.  "Who shot you and with what"  are need to know info.  What is obvious, the Who, well it could give her an idea of the special circumstances she would have to deal with after patching you up.  And Stret doctor do more than patch up gun or knife wounds, they are sometime the only care available that certain people want to deal with.

Isobel,

We shall see!  Either way, it will be a fun ride.

TheRedFear

For some reason I am having trouble registering on the website to download the game. Can someone E-Mail me the PDF or put it up here somehow?

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: TheRedFear on August 27, 2012, 10:44:35 PM
For some reason I am having trouble registering on the website to download the game. Can someone E-Mail me the PDF or put it up here somehow?
PDFs from Drivethru/RPGNow are bookmarked with your name and order number, so I suppose people might not like the idea of sending you their copy for legal reasons ;).
OTOH, you can try registering with another e-mail, or contacting Drivethru on this link.
It's accessible even when you're logged off, and I suppose just writing to them you have problems registering would lead to a rapid response, since they don't like losing customers ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

In Character thread is up as well :P!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150421.0

Now, I want to make that clear. The player we were waiting for would be welcome if she makes her character! I think she would fit the game, just as I thought before.
I just decided it wouldn't be fair to the other players if I was to keep delaying the start 8-).

Anyone else who wants to join this game after the start, can always PM me, especially if they know what they would like to be playing >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!