Cabin in the woods - horror fun - looking for one more M

Started by RedEve, August 17, 2012, 11:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

What I have in mind is only very loosely based upon the movie.

Basically what I would like to do is have a straightforward horror game where a group of college kids go to the classic horror setting (the lake-side cabin in the woods).
I'm thinking 6-8 characters, covering all the usual archetypes (the alpha male jock, the nerd, the slutty blonde, the prudish virgin, ...).

Unlike the movie of the same name, there will be no shady organization directing the mayhem. Rather, I will assign each player a number, and then pair them up with a monster or antagonist depending on the outcome of a dice roll.
How well the character fares depends on their intrinsic qualities. The 120 lbs cheerleader will not be able to fight off the 300 lbs werewolf, but she might be able to outrun and elude him if she sees him early enough.

I also want there to be quite a bit of build-up before the first monster appears. Build-up that includes a lot of topless swimming, drunken parties, sex in the abandoned boathouse, etc...
Only when the frivolous and fun atmosphere has been well established will the first baddie turn up.

All characters will risk death eventually, but their demise will be agreed upon through PM communication, naturally.

CS:

Name:
Horror archetype: (slutty blonde, virgin, jock, ... you know the drill!)
Short bio: (No need for anything too elaborate, the thing about this kind of horror setting is that we basically know all we need to know about the character from their archetype)

Also don't be afraid to suggest what monsters or creatures you'd like to risk facing. The classic masked slasher will 100% certain make an appearance, but I'm flexible in terms of the rest of the monster cast. :)

The location for our fun and horror story:

From the late 1940s until the mid 1960s, Camp Hope nearby the Black Pond was a popular camping destination for kids in the 8-16 age group. The camping operation came to an abrupt end when a few strange accidents caused some fatalities. The Camp site was closed and remained unused, and it's relatively remote location meant that nearly no person has been there since the 60s, bar the local groundsman, who has been going down there to check for any vandalism and do some small repairs for the past four decades, all on behalf of the owners.

Said owners have now finally sold the land, with the possibility of a redevelopment taking place somewhere along the line.

The daughter of one of the men in charge of the conglomerate that bought the land finds out about the purchase, and sees an opportunity at a terrific getaway for her and her college friends. She nags her father until she gets both the keys to the old buildings and the directions to get there, and then rallies her friends for a week of partying and swimming at the old camping site. Little do they know about the dangers that await them...

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Bloody Rose

Name: Jessica Anzaker
Horror archetype: slutty blonde
Short bio: A horny girl by all standards, she just loves to have fun and screw with every male she finds. She just loves the feeling of having someone inside her pounding her to no tomorrow. She was borned in Kansas and ever since little she had been the ugly duck in the family. She always got into trouble with people she only met and began doing pot at the young age of sixteen. She moved to the (whatever state) when she was eighteen and started collage. She is the type of girl that doesn't really care what others say about her as long as she is having fun.

persephone325

Oooh!! I LOVED this movie! I wanna be the virgin! *goes to make character sheet*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Name: Miku Shiga
Horror archetype: Innocent virgin
Short bio: Miku is the stereotypical virgin. She's an all around good girl who's never been in trouble with the law, or in school. She's never had any alcoholic drinks and has never done drugs. Although she's been pressured to do so more than once. Miku wants so wait until she's married to lose her virginity.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

azzmeister89

Sounds fun i'll have a character sheet up by monday

RedEve

Quote from: Kate on August 17, 2012, 09:21:44 PM
will the horror / bady aspect be sexual deviation or more spaltter / injury / pain horror ?

I would wager a bit of both. All of the players risk dying, though obviously this will not be treated casually.

RedEve

Added an image of the Lake, the buildings and the surroundings. If anyone wants to play the character whose dad provided the keys to their vacation location, feel free to contact me. :)

azzmeister89

Name: Tristan Thomas http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=handsome+male+musicians&num=10&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1440&bih=740&tbm=isch&tbnid=QWydTIbLiJTTfM:&imgrefurl=http://twitter.com/CalebLane_&docid=6yNoI0tKanKjOM&imgurl=http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1858634536/Caleb-Lane-Handsome-Male-Model.jpg&w=376&h=500&ei=dHgyUPykJuGP0AXT9YDgDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=807&vpy=114&dur=5&hovh=259&hovw=195&tx=65&ty=154&sig=111797263833808697974&page=3&tbnh=170&tbnw=125&start=63&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:63
Horror archetype: the artist
Short bio: painting, music, writing, he does every kind of art and loves it, his clothing type is usual jeans and a plain t-shirt and an open checkered shirt on top, except when singing the songs he plays on his guitar he's normally quiet and relaxed. he lacks experience in the bedroom and believes that it will happen when it happens, no point looking for it.
preferred baddy: insane axe wielding psycho killer or werewolf

GloomCookie

Name: Gina Bleu
Horror archetype: Geeky girl
Short bio: Preferring a game of D&D over a camping trip, Gina is only coming because of her friend.  Gina is a stereotypical geek girl, enjoying Star Trek and most forms of scifi, reading a lot, and prefers to stay alone rather than get picked on.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Cami

Name: Valerie "Val" Wooster
Archetype: The Comic
Bio: She's the best friend, the one who makes a joke out of everything. Her attitude is always sunny, and more often than not, it's received well. Her constant unserious attitude becomes irritating at times though, especially in dire situations

RedEve

Nice characters everyone.

Unless one of the current players drops out, I will close applications for female characters for the time being.
We are still looking for 2-3 guys. If we don't get enough, I might NPC one or two of them, should it be necessary.

TheHangedOne

Hmm, I might play a guy.  I will need to consider my archetype carefully, though, considering that the one I wanted got snatched already.Comic relief, artist, geek, innocent, and slut... surprised nobody's done the alpha male yet. I might do that.

Also, I see the map, and realize the numbers are likely buildings, but, I don't see any descriptions of these places? Did I miss something?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

nyarlathotep

If I can get it on with Miku then I'm in ;-)

Character sheet to you on Monday
"Give it to me", she yelled. "I'm so wet! Give it to me now!"

She could scream all she wanted. I was keeping the umbrella.

Nyarlathotep's corner | My Ons and Offs | My A&A
My solo cravings

nyarlathotep

Name: Richard Jameson
Achetype: The handsome geek, That's not part of the popular click but usually ends up defeating the bully and getting the girl (no idea how to put that into fewer words)

I do do dominant men, but not dominant in the sterotypical hunk / narcissist / bastard way.

Short Bio: Originally from the U.K, Richard got hired by an american games company who decided to put him through a software engineering degree at university. He is perhaps not as rich as the others, living off a sponsorship and money earned from playing in pubs and clubs. He's has a good singing voice and plays the guitar. He likes heavy metal and whilst he doesn"t dress in black or talk about death every 5 minutes he is a bit of a goth (emo to you youngsters) at heart.

Preferred monster: Either some lovecraftian horror or a vampire. Wouldn't mind him getting 'turned' and either having to find a cure or just going all bad ass on the rest of the group.

My solo cravings

Harmony

If one of the ladies drops or you decide you could use another I would love to join this plot.  I like that there is the whole horror plot mixed with the adult content, adding so many more possibilities to the entire story. Anyhow, should you need another female, pick me.. pick me lol.

Nazz

It'd be my first sort of group roleplay, but if another male spot is available, I'm watching the thread.~

I was thinking of going for an archetype of "the suspect" or the guy who turns out to be the most suspicious, whether he's the killer/monster or not.
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

RedEve

We are certainly looking for more male characters, so feel free to make the CS.

Bloody Rose

I am backing away from the rp. Something happened and I will just not have the time.

azzmeister89

awww shame, hope everything works out Rose

TheHangedOne

I likely won't have a character sheet up for another day or two, so if the slots fill up, don't worry about me.

Also, oh snap, it's the Crawling Chaos.
Check out my poet tree!

nyarlathotep

My solo cravings

Nazz

Name: Kevin Reilly
Horror archetype: The suspect/horror buff
Short bio: Kevin's always secretly been into the occult and supernatural, but knows he'll have to do a good job of hiding it when he goes out with everyone else on this little excursion he was invited to. Though he was originally to attend a few "club" meetings during the week, but once Camp Hope and Black Pond were mentioned, he was more than ready to cancel, heavily intrigued in the mysteries surrounding the camp's suspicious history. That same day, he found himself packing things such as a book of mythical creatures, a wooden stake or two, and even a silver bullet. He's not a creepy guy on the outside, but does find enjoyment in more dark humor and has a way of making others uncomfortable with "jokes" concerning the past of Camp Hope. If anything horrible does happen on the trip, he could be either the first suspect or the first person to go to for help. Sure, he'd go to have fun with all of his friends, but his primary reason for coming along seems to be of another nature...

Preferred monster: I second the Lovecraft motion, but I like the whole idea of some typical vamps or wolves if it's favorable.
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Harmony

Name: Misty Stark
Horror Archetype: Slutty Blonde
Bio: Misty had always had it easy , at school not only was she popular but graduated top of her class. At home she had two brothers, so she was daddy's little girl, and was spoiled her entire life. Her folks had money, and she was definitely spoiled. But to top it all off she had become obsessed with all aspects of sex, always thinking about it and always wanting it, at work, the park, she really didn't care and had no concern whom might be watching, as a  matter of fact she enjoyed that concept.

persephone325

Quote from: Nazz on August 19, 2012, 03:31:51 PM

Name: Kevin Reilly
Horror archetype: The suspect/horror buff
Short bio: Kevin's always secretly been into the occult and supernatural, but knows he'll have to do a good job of hiding it when he goes out with everyone else on this little excursion he was invited to. Though he was originally to attend a few "club" meetings during the week, but once Camp Hope and Black Pond were mentioned, he was more than ready to cancel, heavily intrigued in the mysteries surrounding the camp's suspicious history. That same day, he found himself packing things such as a book of mythical creatures, a wooden stake or two, and even a silver bullet. He's not a creepy guy on the outside, but does find enjoyment in more dark humor and has a way of making others uncomfortable with "jokes" concerning the past of Camp Hope. If anything horrible does happen on the trip, he could be either the first suspect or the first person to go to for help. Sure, he'd go to have fun with all of his friends, but his primary reason for coming along seems to be of another nature...

Preferred monster: I second the Lovecraft motion, but I like the whole idea of some typical vamps or wolves if it's favorable.

*dies* lol I'm a total Matthew fangirl. Haha.

Quote from: nyarlathotep on August 19, 2012, 09:18:27 AM
If I can get it on with Miku then I'm in ;-)

Character sheet to you on Monday

Maybe... :p
I don't know.