Scion- The Reunion

Started by Gekido, August 06, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gekido

God, the word alone would sent shivers down any person that done wrong. The ultimate punisher and the ultimate caregiver as well. However all it's not like it seems, there is no one God but many. Slowly these gods are loosing followers and when there is no more faith in them? they will awake the titans. However those beings are the farthest things from the mind of the gods, people live in a dark world where everything it's possible. Vampires, Were-creatures, Ghosts, Zombies and anything in between do exist, they are living in the dark shadows of every corner of the world.

They are tired of it, they are tired of having to hide in the shadows, ruled by the gods. The gods know about this, since they cannot reveal themselves to mortals they will do the next best thing, send their children to Fight!. However their children have no idea what is happening, some of them even don't have any idea that they are Demi-gods. To make them believe they sent one of their children, a woman named Liz to awaken every Scion. However with the supernatural being targeting them as well, it will sure be a all out war. Would Liz be able to awaken and train all of the new scion? or will they or she die trying?.

OOC:

Normal character sheet creation points.
No more legend than 3. (I don't want any demigods for now)
Scent of the divine will not be free
You will start as a human, however you will be awakened soon at the start of the story.
20 Bonus points instead of 15

I will require at least these five stuff besides the character sheet.
Name:
Personality:
Bio:

If you impress me on how you put up your profile (in short how well put up together is, colors and stuff like that). You will get ten extra xp at the end of chapter one.

Character Sheet

OOC

avorae

I am so interested in this game. I will try to get a sheet up ASAP.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

avorae

[Floatright][/Floatright]
Name: Lan-Mei Yu
Nickname: Jinx
Player: Avorae
Nature: Bravo
Calling: MMA Fighter
Pantheon: Celestial Bureaucracy
God: Sun Wukong
Title: None
Exp: 0
spent: 0

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 Lbs.
Eyes: Sapphire Blue
Hair: Black
Skin tone: Asian
Measurements: 32A-24-34 cm
Build: Athletic
Date of birth: 3-16
----------------------------------------------------------------
ATTRIBUTES
Strength ••••
Epic •
Dexterity •••••
Epic •
Stamina ••••
Epic •
Charisma ••
Epic •
Manipulation ••
Epic
Appearance •••••
Epic •
Perception ••
Epic •
Intelligence •••
Epic •
Wits ••
Epic •
ABILITIES
Academics ••
Languages Known
Standard Chinese,  Mandarin Chinese, English, Italian, Japanese
Animal Ken
Art [Sing] ••
Art [Dance] ••
Athletics •••
Awareness •••
Brawl •••••
Command
Control [Motorcycle] •
Craft [Auto Mechanics] •
Empathy •
Fortitude •••
Integrity ••
Investigation
Larceny
Marksmanship •   
Medicine
Melee ••
Occult
Politics
Presence ••
Science
Stealth •
Survival
Thrown   
BIRTHRIGHTS
SP100 Defender II Gloves with Steel Shot ••

-Can strike at a distant target out to Legend x5 yards away
-Gain a -1 to a weapon’s Speed (unarmed)
Dragon Tattoo (Left Arm) •

-Chaos Purview
Ducati Multistrada ••

-Never needs refueling
-can be banished into an extra-dimensional space [cost 1 legend to summon]
Tinkerbell Tattoo (Right shoulder) •••

-Adds Legend to dex rolls
KNACKS

STRENGTH
Crushing Grip
The Scion is a fearsome wrestler and grappler not to be trifled with. When he’s locked in a clinch and has taken control of it, the character can not only inflict the normal amount of damage (see p. 202), but that damage is now lethal as well. A character can still choose to hold an opponent without inflicting damage, or he can choose to break the hold. He can even soften his touch and inflict bashing damage instead. The damage the character can inflict when his temper gets riled, though, is tremendous and often quite messy.
Divine Wrath
A Scion with the demigod range of Epic Strength already needs no weapons to inflict serious damage in combat, but a Scion with this Knack is even more fearsome. The prerequisite Knack enables him to inflict lethal damage during a clinch that he controls, and this Knack builds on that to awful effect. If the Scion spends a point of Legend during a clinch, he can make a single attack inflict aggravated damage instead of lethal. What’s more, his normal unarmed combat attacks now inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage. Keep in mind that that lethal damage is now the standard damage he inflicts unarmed, regardless of whether he spends the point of Legend to make a single clinch’s damage aggravated. The Scion can pull his punches and inflict only bashing damage if he wants to, but doing so incurs the “Flat of the Blade” rule from page 199 of Scion: Hero.

DEXERITY
And the Crowd Goes Wild
By the luck of the divine genetic draw, the character is superbly suited to athletic pursuits. She excels at any sport she plays, even if she’s never so much as heard of it before. Running, jumping, climbing, swimming… any athletic pursuit is second nature to her. As a result, any dice the character has in Athletics are considered to be automatic successes when the player rolls a dice pool that includes Athletics. Bonus dice granted by an Arete (see Scion: Hero, p. 149) are also counted as successes automatically if the player spends a point of Legend when her character performs the action. Values that derive from a character’s Athletics rating (such as Dodge DV or the feats of strength total) are not affected by this Knack, nor are any Boon activation rolls that might call for Athletics

STAMINA
Body Armor
The Scion’s body is so tough that, even unarmed, he can parry close-combat attacks that would inflict lethal damage. If a berserker hopped up on Jotunblut or a thrall full of eitr tries to split the Scion’s skull with a fire ax, the Scion can take the blow on his forearm and knock it aside without serious injury. (That assumes the character’s Parry DV is sufficient to cancel out the attack roll’s successes, of course.) While that benefit remains in effect all the time, the Scion can also engage a temporary one that offers even more protection. With the expenditure of a Legend point, a measure of the Scion’s ichor wells up from within and coats the Scion’s body. This coating hardens into a gleaming, metallic armor that’s no thicker than a hair’s breadth. This armor has a bashing and lethal soak equal to the character’s Legend, and it inflicts a mobility penalty of only -1. The ichor coating is thin enough to fit comfortably beneath one’s clothing, so it adds its protective value to that of any other armor the character might already be wearing. Natural armor from this Knack lasts for only one scene and disintegrates at the scene’s end.
Self Healing
The Scion’s player spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly find this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes

CHARISMA
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
This Knack is a character’s trusty Get Out of Jail Free card. When the character gets into trouble with some angry witness or authority figure be it the police, a mortal parent, one’s long-suffering spouse, etc. he need only shrug haplessly, grin foolishly or do likewise. (His player also spends a point of Legend.) At that, the offended party decides that whatever the character did wasn’t really that bad. The character gets a slap on the wrist, a stern warning or no punishment at all, depending on when he chooses to use it. This Knack doesn’t work on anyone with a higher Legend rating, though. Also, if the character wants to use it against someone with an equal Legend rating, his player must roll (Charisma + Presence+ Legend) against a roll of the potential victim’s(Willpower + Integrity + Legend).

MANIPULATION

APPEARANCE
Game Face
This Knack functions identically to Dreadful Mien (see Scion: Hero, p. 133), but functions for characters with positive Epic Appearance. Just because they’re handsome or beautiful doesn’t mean they can’t be scary as hell when they snarl at their foes or flash a razor-edged, you-know-I’m-going-to-kill-you smile.

PERCEPTION
Spatial Attunement
The Scion is so aware of his surroundings that his other senses (primarily those of hearing and smell) compensate for his eyes in identifying nearby objects outside his line of sight. The Scion could recognize the person sneaking up on him by that person’s telltale scent and mark exactly how far away that person is by the sound of his passing. With one quick glance around the room, the Scion could mark in his mind exactly where every wall and piece of furniture is within. Having done so, he could then navigate the room with his eyes closed, even slipping through a milling crowd of people without bumping into anyone or anything. To a certain extent, the character can perceive what’s going on around him in a 360-degree arc. Also, he suffers no penalties for fighting blind as long as he can hear or smell his opponents

INTELLIGENCE
Fast Learner
By buckling down and intently studying certain subjects,the Scion internalizes them in a fraction of the time it would take a lesser intellect. In so doing, he cuts the experience point cost for purchasing dots in Academics, Medicine,Occult, Politics or Science in half, rounding down.

WITS
Eternal Vigilance
Similar to the Environmental Awareness Knack(see p. 64), a Scion with this Knack is never taken by surprise by unexpected attacks. He joins battle as soon as the attack occurs, and he applies his full DV to his own defense. It doesn’t matter whether the attackers use supernatural means of concealment or not. They simply cannot catch him off guard. Unfortunately, this Knack doesn’t help the Scion’s comrades. The Scion reacts as the surprise occurs, but he does so practically subconsciously and not in time to warn anyone else. What’s more, this Knack works even if the Scion is asleep, though to a lesser extent. If the Scion is sleeping and someone tries to spring an unexpected attack, the player rolls the Scion’s full dice pool to notice the attack as he would if the character were awake (awake and didn’t have this Knack, that is). If the roll succeeds, the character wakes just in time to react to the attack, though still not in time to warn anyone else.
BOONS

CHAOS
Eye of the storm
When the Scion finds herself caught up in a chaotic situation unrelated to her whether she’s dodging a tornado’s debris or emerging from a bar to find a berserk mob rushing toward her to clash with a line of riot cops down the street she can activate this Boon and become an island of calm in the tumult. She is miraculously untouched in the confusion, and she remains so for as long as she doesn’t actively involve herself. She still suffers normal environmental movement penalties, but environmental dangers such as falling rocks, stampeding beasts or thrashing rioters all fail to touch her.
VIRTUES
Duty •••
Harmony •
Intellect •
Valor ••••

LEGEND ••
Legend Pool 4 / 4

WILLPOWER ••••• ••
Willpower Pool 7/7
COMBAT
Join Battle:5 [+1 auto]
Dodge DV:6

SOAK
Bashing:5
Lethal:3
Aggravated:1

ATHLETIC
Move:6
Dash:13
Vertical Leap:8
Horizontal Leap:16
Lift:650lbs [+500lbs]

WOUNDS
[][][] 0
[][] -2
[] -4
[] Inc
WEAPON:Clinch
SPD:5
ACC:14[+1 auto]
DAM:8B/L
DEF:N/A
RNG:N/A
Tags: P

WEAPON:Light punch
SPD:3
ACC:14[+1 auto]
DAM:8L
DEF:6
Tags:

WEAPON:Heavy punch
SPD:4
ACC:13[+1 auto]
DAM:11L
DEF:5
Tags:

WEAPON:
SPD:
ACC:
DAM:
DEF:
RNG:
Tags:
Trophies

PERMANENT FATEBONDS

BONUS SPENT
4-Strength
4-Stamina
2-Brawl [4,5]
1-Melee [2]
3-Self Healing
3-Divine Wrath
3-Tinkerbell Tattoo
EXP SPENT

HISTORY
“So you want to know about my life before joining the MMA?” Lan-Mei asks as she looks at the reporter.

“Well yes I do or more accurately your fans do.” the reporter replies back as he gives a small smile. “Tell you what how about we start with something small like how did you get your nickname?”

“Oh well that is rather simple as it is a variation of my name. If you translate my name into English you would get Sapphire Beauty but the color sapphire is considered to be very unlucky in my country.” Lan-Mei replies as she returns the smile.

“Ah I see and someone who is unlucky is sometimes referred to as a jinx. Is that it?” the reporter asks as the meaning behind her name finally dawns on him.

“Yep that is exactly it.” Lan-Mei says as she gives a small chuckle. “I am the Unlucky Beauty.”

“Well that is all very interesting but what the fans are really wondering about is where did you come from. I mean you are an excellent fighter and could very well become one of the top if not the top female MMA fighter known yet no one knows anything about your past aside from the fact that you where born somewhere in China.”

Lan-Mei looks at the reporter for several moments before she finally speaks. “Well to be honest I have no idea why people are interested in my past but I will tell you what I can.”

Leaning forward in her chair and placing her elbows on her knees she rests her head in her hands as she continues to speak. “Well the first thing you must understand is I never knew my parents as they died not to long after my birth quite literally from what little information I was able to gather. According to what I was able to dig up I was the only survivor of the massacre that occurred at the brothel I was born at. They say that some crazed cult believed the site held some mystical power and wanted to use the sin of the brothel to raise their unholy Master.”

“Wait just a moment.” The reporter says as he holds up his hand to stop her. “Let me get this straight you were born in a brothel during a massacre?”

“Yea, according to what little bit of information I was able to piece together.” Lan-Mei replies with a  shrug of her shoulders. “I mean the Chinese government is known to cover up things to the outside world so I am not surprised if it's not generally known to the public. Hell it took me some years just to find out that much.”

“Alright then please continue.”

“Right as I was saying I never knew my parents and seeing as I was a newborn I got the joy of being raised in a state run orphanage. Now as bad as they try to make them sound in the news I have to say that I was treated rather well. I am not saying I didn't have problems but overall I had a well adjusted childhood growing up in there.”

Stopping for a moment she furls her brow as if she was thinking about something. “You know now that I think about it they may have been given me preferential treatment due to the fact that I was very sickly as a child. I remember having to spend most of my early years in the hospital until I was around age four. Of course after that I never gotten sick again not so much as a a common cold.”

“So you actually did not enter into the orphanage until then?”

“Correct I was still a ward of the state but I was simply stuck in a hospital for the first part of my youth, but yes as far as being in the orphanage itself I did not enter it until I was four.”

“Well I must say that you have already lived up to your nickname and we have not even got to your teenage years yet. I can't wait to hear what happened during that time.” The reporter replies as he shakes his head.

Lan-Mei leans back in her chair and lets out a hearty laugh, “That is so very true but thankfully my tragedies do not get worse after that. In fact they became somewhat normal from the viewpoint of an orphan.”

The reporter gives Lan-Mei a quizzical look. “You know you seem to take your past very lightly considering all that has happened to you.”

“Oh no do not get me wrong I do take my past very seriously for it's what shaped me into the person I am today. If not for those tragedies I would not have the strength to fight for what I believe in and not for the people who guided me and taught me right from wrong I would not have the morals I needed to be such an upstanding person.”

“Oh I see well then lets talk about the ones who have helped you to be who you are and how they shaped you.” the reporter replies.

“Um sure I can do that.” Lan-Mei replies, “I guess the first person to change my life would be the nurse who took care of me during my hospital stay. She was a very devout christian and she would read the bible to me every night before bed. In fact she was the one who taught me to read and write English using that very same bible.”

“Wow I've heard of people learning to read and write using the bible but you mean you actually did it as a second language by the time you was four that is pretty amazing. So did that cause any trouble with you learning your native tongue”

“Oh no not at all. I mean she would speak to me in Mandarin but once I was older she started teaching me other things like English, math the sciences and what have you. She felt that just because I could not physically move that didn't mean I should not develop my mental skills.”

“So she helped you to form your moral compass as well as helped you in your education. So who else helped you as you grew up. In particular how did you develop your unique combat style?”

“Ah yes that.” Lan-Mei says as small smirk crosses her face. “Remember earlier when I said that I had to deal with the basic problems all orphans faced. Well the biggest thing that we had to deal with was the local gangs wanting to use us as mules to carry their products whether it be drugs, guns or what have you. Well I was the stubborn fool who would always tell them to go to hell and proceeded to take an ass whooping for it but it taught me how to fight even if I lost more than I'd win.”

“So you'd end up spending more time in the hospital I take it?”

“Well not really spending time. After all if I had broken bones then I couldn't be used as a mule but I'd have quite a few bruises and scrapes but it did toughen me up.”

“Anyway I eventually got pretty good at defending myself to the point that I'd actually win more than I lost and that brought me to the attention of this older lady from the neighborhood. To tell the truth when I first met her I did not know what to think of her but she took me in and....”

“And taught you an ancient martial art right?” the reporter blurted out.

“No actually she didn't.” Lan-Mei replied as she gave the reporter a playful wink. “Apparently the way I moved reminded her of the days from back when she was a member of the Peking opera house and she felt that I had the skills to become a member so she taught me the art of dancing, singing, and even gave me some training in acrobatics.”

“Wait so you became a member of the Peking opera. How did you go from that to the MMA?”

“I never did actually become a member of the opera house though I did study with them for a few years and it was there that I got the start of my training in combat but in the end I just didn't have the acting chops to make the cut. After that I got a job at a local mechanics shop and it was during that time that I started to truly learn how to fight.”

“Do tell?” the reporter says as he sits forward in his chair.

“Well that local gang I mentioned earlier they had gotten quite a bit larger during the years I was away and they still had a beef with me for humiliating them and wanted payback.” Lan-Mei said as her eyes glaze over as she starts to go back in time.

“So one night as I was leaving the shop after close a few of the tougher members came up on me and they where looking for blood. I used the skills I had learned to give them a good scrap but frankly I was way out numbered and out skilled. The next thing I felt was the coldness of the blade as it sliced into my gut right before darkness overtook me.”

“So I take it that is were the scar you kiss  right be.....” the reporter starts to say until Lan-Mei stares him down.

“You got it that is the scar I kiss right before my matches.” she finally says after a few moments of silence. More so to make sure that she was not interrupted again. “Anyway I woke up a a few days later but not in a hospital. Instead I was in someones house and that person was actually in the process of changing the bandages on my wound.”

The reporter look as if he wanted to say something but holds his tongue.

“Did you wish to say something?”

“Actually yes why did this person not take you to the hospital and who where they anyway?” the reporter finally blurted out.

“Well that is simple because the person who rescued me was the nurse that took care of me back when I was ill as a child.”

“Oh.....well then I guess she would know how to treat a stab wound then”

“Yes she would but it turned out that she knew more than that it seems.” Lan-Mei says with a grin. “Not only was she a devout christian but she also had a fascination with oriental fighting and held belts in multiple styles. In fact she had developed her own unique style using what she had learned and after seeing me hold my own against those gang members decided that I would be her first student that she would teach it to.”

“So is there anything else?” the reporter asks after Lan-Mei was quiet for several minutes.

“Well maybe...” Lan-Mei replies, “But I think I'd save that for another day.”

Gekido

I went over it really quickly, so far everything looks good. If you want to roleplay the awakening before the rp starts let me know, I think it would be wise for me to have a few done already so they don't bottle up on me.

ShadowFox89

I am interested in this. I will work further upon the information after sleep. Are there any restricted Pantheons?

Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

only those from the books and ok

ShadowFox89

Can I ask about two house rules that have worked well in the past? The first is that legend is gained through actions and deed, not xp. This prevents people from rushing to legend 5.

The second is applying epic perception to firearms accuracy. That way, guns don't become so worthless later on.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

I agree with those two house rules and I will apply them to this adventure :)

ShadowFox89

Merci.

I think I may end up going with a Scion of Artemis, with a relic gun that can shapeshift and use anything relatively hard as ammo... I'll work on this a bit more after some sleep and  cracking the books open.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

avorae

Quote from: Gekido on August 06, 2012, 11:43:07 PM
I went over it really quickly, so far everything looks good. If you want to roleplay the awakening before the rp starts let me know, I think it would be wise for me to have a few done already so they don't bottle up on me.

I'd love to play the awakening before the RP starts as it will help me to better establish her back-story and personality both of which I need to work on.

AndyZ

I'm in but I'll have to figure out what I want to play.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

Good morning. 

I would love to play. 

Before I settle on a conept, can you give me an idea of what sort of erotic content you want out of this game? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

I figure all of the characters should have some decent degree of fighting ability.  That may require some alteration on my part.  Question: how do you feel about banishing/tattoo weapons so that we're not walking around with a sword in broad daylight?  I think the usual rule is that it costs an extra point of Relic and that you have to spend a point of Legend to banish them or to turn the tattoo into a weapon for a scene.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Gekido

Avorae: Add me to yahoo if you wish

Muse: It all depends on your actions, if you get in over your head with a vampire expect him or her to play with you for awhile before killing you.

Andy: I can agree with that

AndyZ

Also requesting permission to add you to Yahoo.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Latooni Subota

I'm a little hesitant . . . but I'm gonna try to join anyways. AndyZ, you know exactly who I'm going to try and join with. Scion of Aphrodite!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AndyZ

I remember her ^_^  Actually thinking about reusing Michelle, possibly with a different picture now that it's not Miami.

Gekido

you dont need to request permission to add me to yahoo just do it

AndyZ

Name: Michelle Harrison
Personality: Happy-go-lucky
Bio:  Growing up as the daughter of a single mother in the slums of New York, few people would claim that Michelle Harrison had anything handed to her beyond decent genetics.  However, that never stopped her from picking up where the rest of life left off.  From an early age, she developed a talent for figuring out what people wanted and didn't have, and what they had but didn't really want, and how to perform the switch.  It didn't always matter if she could really provide the thing in question, either.  The best tricks leave the other person glad that they got to go for the ride...although she's not always very talented at pulling those off.

She has a strong respect for intelligence, even if she didn't manage to get very far in her own schooling.  Then again, book knowledge hasn't gotten her very far so far in her life, and she wouldn't trade everything she's learned the hard way for a college doctorate.

More than once, she's gotten her revenge on someone through a convoluted scheme which ended up getting her in trouble in the long run.  When she's making things better for someone else, she doesn't have any objection with making sure the victim had a good time, nor for enriching herself substantially in the process.  By the time she was twelve, not only did her mother have enough money gifted to her not to have to work at that crummy grocery store job any longer, but they got to move out of the slums and get a taste of a better life.

As soon as she finished high school, Michelle started drifting, living by her wits and doing what she could to make the world a better place.  She would have gone insane trying to settle down into a 9-to-5 job, but has managed to save up enough money that she doesn't have to worry anyway.  Life is supposed to be an adventure, and she's certainly had her share.  Little did she realize how much more her life would have in store...

Nature: Gambler
Pantheon: Yankee
Deity: Br'er Rabbit

Attributes

Strength 2 Epic •   Charisma 2 Epic •   Perception 2 Epic •   
Dexterity 5 Epic •   Manipulation 5 Epic •   Intelligence 3 Epic •   
Stamina 3 Epic •   Appearance 4 Epic •   Wits 2 Epic •   

Abilities

Academics 1 Animal Ken 1 Art (Dancing) 1 Athletics 3 Awareness 3  Command 1 Empathy 3 Fortitude 1 Integrity 1 Investigation 1 Larceny 3 Medicine 1 Melee 1 Occult 1 Presence 3 Science (Computer) 1 Stealth 3 Survival 1

Languages: English, Cherokee, French, Japanese

Birthrights

Lucky Rabbit's Foot •••

Grants access to the Animal and Chaos purviews
Once per day may reroll a failed roll as though using Legend, though does not Fatebind.

Bulletproof Vest •••

+1 to DVs
-1 Fatigue
Able to reflexively shift into any clothing or outfit, whether a full evening dress or nothing but a bunny ears headdress.  Whatever design she incorporates, it almost always includes a leather thong to carry the Lucky Rabbit's Foot.

Bunny Tattoo •••

On left inner thigh
Adds Legend to Dexterity rolls

Spatha •••

-1 to Speed
Can strike at a distant target out to Legend * 5 yards away
Can be Banished by spending a point of Legend and reflexively recalled to the hand at no cost

Thunderbird Feather ••

Grants the Wind's Freedom boon

Wind's Freedom (Sky ••)
Dice Pool: None
Cost: 1 Legend + 1 Willpower per scene
The Scion laughs in the face of gravity. For the rest
of the scene, the distances the Scion can move or dash
per action remain normal, but they now apply to the Z-
axis as well as the X- and Y-axes. All the normal rules for
movement remain in place, except that the character can
now move freely through all three dimensions (i.e., he can
fly). He can even hold still in midair if he wants to. The
only thing a character can’t do in midair that he could do
on the ground is jump, as there’s nothing to jump off of.
If the character drops the Birthright that makes this
Boon possible or allows it to be destroyed, the effect
ends immediately.

Knacks

Making It Look Easy

When a character performs a feat of strength, doing so takes every bit of effort the character can muster. He doesn’t just lift a blue whale by the tail and hammer throw it back into the ocean between bites of scone. He grunts and strains and struggles until he gets enough momentum behind the whale for it to leave the ground, and when he lets it go, it’s with a resounding shout of strain and a near collapse of relief as it sails out over the water. The name of this Knack, however, speaks for itself. Any action the character can perform as a feat of strength, he can perform as if it’s no effort at all. He can lift the heaviest weights with one hand while using his other hand to cover a yawn. He can throw a spear into orbit with a flick of his finger. He can scoop the beached whale up in one hand and send it skipping like a stone out into the deep water where it can move freely (if dizzily) once again. Since such feats of strength are so easy, the character can execute multiple actions while performing feats of strength.

Cat's Grace
This Knack imbues a Scion with the uncanny ability to remain on his feet despite treacherous terrain or an enemy’s best attempts to knock him down. For instance, a character with this Knack never suffers knockdown (see p. 198) from an attack. The player need not even roll. The character still suffers the damage, but he remains on his feet. Furthermore, a character with this Knack ignores all difficulty penalties based on unstable footing and treacherous terrain. He still suffers speed penalties for moving through ankle- to knee- deep water or mud, but his dice pools for actions taken on such terrain suffer no penalties.

Damage Conversion
The Scion can spend a single point of Legend to convert all the lethal damage from a single attack into bashing damage, though an overload of bashing damage still upgrades existing bashing damage to lethal (see p. 197). This Knack cannot convert aggravated damage into anything less grave. The character cannot convert old lethal damage into bashing damage. The Knack works only on incoming damage from a single attack.

Never Say Die
Not every Scion can knock down foes like bowling pins and scatter titanspawn body parts in her wake. Yet some are just so full of optimistic joie de vivre, even when they take a beating for some spectacular failure, that you just can’t help but love them. A Scion might be accident- prone or have an infuriating talent for picking fights with titanspawn that are out of her league, but she takes her lumps with a smile and inspires her fellows with her can-do attitude. All she has to do is flash a thumbs-up, holler an “I’m okay!” or show a smile full of dangling teeth. When she does, all the Scions in her Band who can see her gain one Willpower point per health level the character has suffered (i.e., however many are marked on her character sheet at that moment). The character can inspire her fellows thus only once per scene, but she can do so even if she’s knocked to Incapacitated or killed—after which, she collapses.

Gods' Honest
When she’s trying to convince someone of something, the Scion puts her hand to her heart, puts her hand on a stack of Bibles, holds up her right hand with her pinkie and thumb crossed in the palm, or performs some other gesture of sincerity. (Her player also spends a point of Legend.) When she does so, her would-be mark accepts that the Scion is telling the truth about the subject at hand, no questions asked, for the rest of the story. Only solid, incontrovertible proof showing that what the Scion said was undeniably false will convince the mark he’s been fooled. Even then, who ever is showing him the proof will have to convince him that the proof is genuine and not some clever forgery. A Scion with this Knack doesn’t have to lie when she uses it. She can also use it to convince a recalcitrant skeptic of the actual truth. If the Scion does so, no mortal force can convince that person that the Scion was lying (not even professionally faked “proof” to the contrary).

My Eyes Are Up Here
As Scions build up ever more dots of Epic Appearance, they grow ever more unearthly. As such, whether they’re beautiful or quite the opposite, it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with mortal humans on their level. The Scion’s Epic Appearance can’t help but get in the way. This Knack, however, mitigates that factor. When the Scion’s player spends a point of Willpower to activate it for the scene, any mortals who see the character completely ignore his Appearance score (both Epic and mundane). Witnesses might vaguely remember that a beautiful Scion was kind of pretty or that a disgustingly ugly Scion was dirty and a little scary, but that’s it. They won’t recognize the Scion again later unless the Scion uses this Knack in their presence again, and they won’t be able to describe the Scion in great detail to anyone else. They might get height, hair color, skin tone, build and style of dress right, but details beyond those generalities prove elusive. Scions themselves are immune to this effect, as they are more than capable of dealing with the extremes that Epic Appearance represents. This Knack lasts for the scene, though the Scion can choose to turn off the effect before then. Also, while he’s using this Knack to deal with a mortal, he cannot use any other Epic Appearance Knacks against him. Nor can he apply his Epic Appearance to rolls pertaining to dealing with that mortal at all until he lifts the effect.

Telescopic Senses
A Scion’s Epic Perception allows him to hear, see and smell things from much farther away than mortal senses do. With this Knack, the Scion can not only perceive these sensations, but perceive them as if they were happening right in front of him. If he’s within the range at which the sound of someone’s voice can travel, he can not only hear that voice, but follow its conversation as clearly as if he were participating. If a sniper is crouched high up on a ridge line within his line of sight, the Scion can not only see him but also recognize him and count the notches on his rifle stock. If he’s wandering in the woods and the wind brings him the distant scent of someone’s camp fi re, he can not only smell it but tell what kind of wood they’re burning, what brand of marshmallows they’re roasting and how long it’s been since they’ve had a good bath.

Multitasking
The Scion can carry on as many separate primarily mental activities as he has dots of Legend simultaneously and with his full attention. A Scion with Legend 6 could play a game of chess against a recognized master while also playing go against a ninth-dan professional, translating a James Joyce novel into a different language, reprogramming his computer, planning a raid against the titanspawn entrenched in the historic ruins across town and itemizing his various businesses’ tax deductions for the year. The character never suffers distraction penalties for mental actions, nor are his separate simultaneous mental actions penalized as per the multiple action rules (see Scion: Hero, p. 179).

Meditative Focus
Whether she’s hunkered down behind a burning car in a war zone, caught out on the yard during a prison riot, stranded on the crowded deck of a storm-tossed ship or just mall-walking during the frenzied heights of the Christmas rush, the character never loses her cool. No matter what’s happening, she keeps her mind on what she’s doing while maintaining sufficient vigilance to avoid getting caught up in the hubbub all around her. As such, the character is able to eliminate one point of environmental distraction penalty per dot she has of Epic Wits.

Boons

Eye of the Storm  (Chaos •)
Dice Pool: None
Cost: 1 Legend per scene
When the Scion finds herself caught up in a chaotic situation unrelated to her—whether she’s dodging a tornado’s debris or emerging from a bar to find a berserk mob rushing toward her to clash with a line of riot cops down the street—she can activate this Boon and become an island of calm in the tumult. She is miraculously untouched in the confusion, and she remains so for as long as she doesn’t actively involve herself. She still suffers normal environmental movement penalties, but environmental dangers such as falling rocks, stampeding beasts or thrashing rioters all fail to touch her.

Legend 2 Willpower 9 Conviction 5 Duty 1 Intellect 3 Valor 1

Spatha: Speed 3 Accuracy 9+1s Damage 6L+1s

Dodge DV 7

Soak: Bashing 6 Lethal 5 Aggravated 3

-0:  [ ]
-1:  [ ] [ ]
-2:  [ ] [ ]
-4:  [ ]
Inc: [ ]

Legend: 4 / 4
Willpower: O O O O O O O O O
Conviction: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Intellect: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Gekido

Looking for at least two more interested people. Otherwise I will drop this.

Latooni Subota

My daughter of Aphrodite won't fit well in this game, after thinking about it. Too many people dipping into her specialization. I'm out. Sorry. :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ChaoticSky

I could join, and... I Might beable to find us another person

Gekido

AndyZ

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 10, 2012, 05:51:46 PM
My daughter of Aphrodite won't fit well in this game, after thinking about it. Too many people dipping into her specialization. I'm out. Sorry. :x

Want me to make something else?

kckolbe

I have played Scion once, and wouldn't mind giving it another go.  I'll let those who have posted interest work something up, but I might be interested in playing a son of Hephaestus. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Gekido

You can post a sheet if you wish

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to end up with an investigative reporter, scion of tezcatlpoca. While I love the dodekatheon's Arete, I couldn't find a god that I liked in there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

*Chuckles*  I was just getting to work on a daughter of Hephaestus, K.C.  I dont' mind overlap if you don't.  *Sweat drop8 

Muse

We're all starting at Legend 2, Right? 

AndyZ

I don't think it's officially stated that we all have to, but I do recommend it.  It'll make things easier for everyone if we're all the same Legend rating.

Muse

:)  Thanks. 

Let's see...  I'm converting Kelly Delani form Miyu's old game--same one your gal was in. 

(Is Fire 1 Fire Immunity?  *Digs for his books.* 

AndyZ

Well, we won't actually know each other but you're free to reuse.

Oh, and if you're both Hephaestus, maybe you should be siblings.

kckolbe

I am never opposed to a little overlap, and am intrigued at the thought of divine incest. 

Name: Danny Andy Andrews
Player: kckolbe
Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hephaestus
XP: 0

Str 3 Dex 4 Sta 4
Cha 3 Man 2 App 2
Per 2 Int 3 Wit 4

Academics 1 Athletics 3 Animal Ken 1 Awareness 2 Art 1 Brawl 1 Craft 1 Command Control 1 Empathy 1 Investigation 3 Fortitude 3 Larceny 1 Integrity 1 Marksmanship Melee 4 Medicine Occult 2 Science 1 Politics Stealth 2 Presence Survival Thrown 2

Birthrights: Talaria 2 (Guardian boon added), 3 remaining (to discuss with Muse)

Epic Int 1
Fast Learner
Epic Str 1,2
Holy Bound: Double jumping distances/heights
Holy Rampage: Spend a point of legend to halve the hardness of inanimate object not in someone else's control.
Epic Dex 1
Cat's Grace: Immune to knockdown, no penalties for difficult terrain
Epic Sta 1,2
Damage Conversion: Spend a point of legend to convert lethal damage from one attack into bashing
Self Healing: Spend 1 point of legend per damage level healed
Guardian 2: (Sta+Fort) 1 legend and 1 willpower to place hardness rating equal to successes on the roll, lasts 24 hours
Sky 1: Spend a point of legend to ignore falling damage or double jumping ability
Fire 1: Immune to fire damage
Arete 1,2 (Melee)

Expression
Intellect 1
Valor 2
Vengeance 2

Legend 3
Willpower 4
Legend Points 9

Bonus Points:
Legend 3 (7)
Epic Str 2 (4)
Epic Sta 2 (4)
Arete 2 (4)
Melee 4 (1)
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

ChaoticSky

Heh, Hephy is the only cool Greek.

ShadowFox89

Not true. Hades is very cool.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 11, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Not true. Hades is very cool.
Point.

The main cast are all meh though, its like a frat/sorority in there :P

AndyZ

I like Artemis, but she's seriously low on associated powers.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: AndyZ on August 11, 2012, 04:31:16 PM
I like Artemis, but she's seriously low on associated powers.
i may be wrong here, but didnt she put a arrow in hephy at some point for shits and giggles?

AndyZ

Muse

Name:  Kelly Delaini

Personality:  Kelly is sweet and friendly, but don’t get her riled! 

Likes:  Tall boys.  (Better yet, boys confident enough to talk to her whether they’re tall and handsome or short and fat.)  Jewelry.  Weapons.  Hard, rewarding work.  Motorcycling.   

Dislikes:  Angry canines scare her.  She is also leery of frat boys, but figures they’re less dangerous than dogs. 
She doesn’t like to be idle, and she looses some respect for people who spend too much time idle.  Especially sunbathers.  (She had a phase growing up where she fancied she—as the student of dwarves—might also turn to stone in the sunlight.) 
   She isn’t prone to initiating violence, but she won’t accept an insult against her mother. 

Kinks: 

Limits: 

Bio:  Kelly never knew her father, and her mother Sandra Delaini worked hard in a factory to make ends meet, pulling a lot of overtime, partially to make sure Kelly could go to a private school instead of the gang-infested neighborhood where they lived.   
Spending entirely too long at home alone at entirely too early an age, Kelly started slipping out to play out of boredom while the babysitter was upstairs with her boyfriend, ignoring her completely. 
Kelly usually avoided the open grate into the old sewers, but one day a wild dog chased the little girl into the sewers.  She ran into the dark ‘til she couldn’t see a thing, but still the barking of the terrible dog echoed after her. Then she heard a sharp crack and a yelp and the dog fled from the tunnels. 
“That’ll learn ye,” a gruff voice spoke, and she fell to her knees crying.
“Here now, little one,” a strong man, but very short, picked her up and held her, stroking her hair.  “You did well.  You were strong when you needed to be.  You’re safe now.  Come to my forge and I’ll teach you to be stronger.” 
From that day forth, Kelly was apprenticed to Drogo the Dwarf.  She grew strong and skilled in arts many have forgotten, from the forge to swordplay.  The small dwarf community under Miami was her secret world. 
She grew tall, strong, elegant, and blond.  Though she was sweet, most boys found her intimidating, as did most girls, so she was often lonely. 
Before her freshman year, she went to take some Technology Prep classes at a college and discovered their anime club.  These cartoons were vastly more interesting too her than anything she’d seen on TV for quite some time, so she kept going off and on throughout the year.  She made some friends there among an older group of guys and girls who played games.  They weren’t so fit, nor so attractive, but they were smart, and they treated her like a normal person, which made her love them very much, even though they spent far more time than she could ever stand on their games.  Once a week, though, was very interesting! 
Near the end of that year, she got a little boy crazy.  A frat boy invited her to a party, and she didn’t pay attention too all sorts of people who’s advise she normally valued.  Arriving at the frat in her prettiest dress, she found herself—not in a dress, but the guest of honor at a gang bang! 
Panicked, trying with all her strength to fight back against boys whom she would be able to overpower easily with just another year of growth, she managed to defend herself for a few minutes.  Long enough for 5 gaming geeks with kendo sticks to kick in the door and be promptly beaten down by the rich and the football playing. 
Her blood was on fire. 
A hammer smashed in the window.  A man with a pony tail and an MIT style business suit tossed her the hammer.  The moment her hand closed around it, she was a daughter of Hephaestus in her full power and half the bullies were down before her father could get his bad leg over the windowsill to join in the fray. 

Calling:  Smith

Pantheon: Dodekatheon

Nature:  Architect

God: Hephaestus

BP   20/2
EXP  0/0

Attributes

Strength:       XXXX(1)
Dexterity:       XXX(1)
Stamina:       XXXX(1)

Charisma:       XX
Manipulation:    X
Appearance:    XXXX(1)

Perception:      XXX
Intelligence:    XXXX(1)
Wits:          XXX

Abilities
Academics:      1
Animal Ken:   0
O Art:         
x Sketching      1
Athletics:       3
Awareness:       0
Brawl:      0
Command:      0
O Control:      
X  Motorcycle   1
O Craft:      
X Automotive   1
x Cooking      1
X Electrician   1
x Smith      4
Empathy:      1
Fortitude:      3
Integrity:      2
O Investigation:   1
Larceny:      0
Marksmanship:   1
Medicine:      0
O Melee:      4
Occult:      3
Politics:      0
Presence:      2
O Science:
x  Chemistry   1
x  Metallurgy   1
Stealth:      1
Survival:      0
Thrown:      1

Birthright
Arete: Craft (Smith):     1   
Arete: Melee:        1
Earth: Safely Interred   1
Fire: Fire Immunity   1
Mystery         1

Knacks
App:  Lasting Impression
Dex: Photographic Penmanship
Int:  Fast Learner
Sta:  Self Healing
Str:  Holy Bound

Boons
Mentor   4
Relic      2 (Kelly’s Thrice-Forged Corsette)
Relic      3 (Arithma, the Hammer that can Create and Destroy.) 

Virtues
Courage   3
Endurance   2
Expression   4
Loyalty   2

Willpower   7/7

Legend:  2:  4/4

Soak
Bashing   7/5
Lethal      5/3
Aggravated   3/1

Armor
Kely's Thrice Forged Corset:  This bare midriff and low necked adamant corsette nonetheless provides the protection of a bullet proof vest (2L, 2B, Bulletproof) with no fatigue or mobility.  It gives access to the Earth and Fire Purview.  (Relic 2) 

Arithma: The hammer that can create and destroy:  Stats of a Skegax, -2 Speed.  Can sheath in the form of a tattoo across her back.  (Relic 3) 
ACC       (+1)      10
DMG    (+6L)      10L+1
DEF       (+0)      9 (DV 5)
SPD       4   

ShadowFox89

Small thing Muse, but I don't think our characters had found out their heritage just yet.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Name:  Kelly Delaini

Personality:  Kelly is sweet and friendly, but don’t get her riled! 

Likes:  Tall boys.  (Better yet, boys confident enough to talk to her whether they’re tall and handsome or short and fat.)  Jewelry.  Weapons.  Hard, rewarding work.  Motorcycling.   

Dislikes:  Angry canines scare her.  She is also leery of frat boys, but figures they’re less dangerous than dogs. 
She doesn’t like to be idle, and she looses some respect for people who spend too much time idle.  Especially sunbathers.  (She had a phase growing up where she fancied she—as the student of dwarves—might also turn to stone in the sunlight.) 
   She isn’t prone to initiating violence, but she won’t accept an insult against her mother. 

Kinks: 

Limits: 

Bio:  Kelly never knew her father, and her mother Sandra Delaini worked hard in a factory to make ends meet, pulling a lot of overtime, partially to make sure Kelly could go to a private school instead of the gang-infested neighborhood where they lived.   
Spending entirely too long at home alone at entirely too early an age, Kelly started slipping out to play out of boredom while the babysitter was upstairs with her boyfriend, ignoring her completely. 
Kelly usually avoided the open grate into the old sewers, but one day a wild dog chased the little girl into the sewers.  She ran into the dark ‘til she couldn’t see a thing, but still the barking of the terrible dog echoed after her. Then she heard a sharp crack and a yelp and the dog fled from the tunnels. 
“That’ll learn ye,” a gruff voice spoke, and she fell to her knees crying.
“Here now, little one,” a strong man, but very short, picked her up and held her, stroking her hair.  “You did well.  You were strong when you needed to be.  You’re safe now.  Come to my forge and I’ll teach you to be stronger.” 
From that day forth, Kelly was apprenticed to Drogo the Dwarf.  She grew strong and skilled in arts many have forgotten, from the forge to swordplay.  The small dwarf community under Miami was her secret world. 
She grew tall, strong, elegant, and blond.  Though she was sweet, most boys found her intimidating, as did most girls, so she was often lonely. 
Before her freshman year, she went to take some Technology Prep classes at a college and discovered their anime club.  These cartoons were vastly more interesting too her than anything she’d seen on TV for quite some time, so she kept going off and on throughout the year.  She made some friends there among an older group of guys and girls who played games.  They weren’t so fit, nor so attractive, but they were smart, and they treated her like a normal person, which made her love them very much, even though they spent far more time than she could ever stand on their games.  Once a week, though, was very interesting! 

Calling:  Smith

Pantheon: Dodekatheon

Nature:  Architect

God: Hephaestus

EXP  0/0

Attributes

Strength:       XXXX(1)
Dexterity:       XXX(1)
Stamina:       XXXX(1)

Charisma:       XX
Manipulation:    X
Appearance:    XXXX(1)

Perception:      XXX
Intelligence:    XXXX(1)
Wits:          XXX

Abilities
Academics:         1
Animal Ken:         0
*Art:         
--Sketching         1
Athletics:          3
Awareness:          0
Brawl:         0
Command:         0
*Control:      
--Motorcycle      1
*Craft:      
--Automotive      1
--Cooking         1
--Electrian         0
--Smith         4
Empathy:         1
Fortitude:         3
Integrity:         2
*Investigation:      1
Larceny:         0
Marksmanship:      1
Medicine:         0
*Melee:         4
Occult:         3
Politics:         0
Presence:         2
*Science:
--Chemistry         1
--Metallurgy         1
Stealth:         1
Survival:         0
Thrown:         1

Birthright
Arete: Craft (Smith):     1   
Arete: Melee:        1
Darkness: Night Eyes   1
Earth: Safely Interred   1
Fire: Fire Immunity      1

Knacks
App:  Lasting Impression
Dex: Photographic Penmanship
Int:  Fast Learner
Sta:  Self Healing
Str:  Holy Bound

Boons
Mentor   4
Relic      2 (Render Unto Drogo)
Relic      3 (Kelly’s Thrice-Forged Corset)
Relic      2 (Arithma, the Hammer that can Create and Destroy.) 

Virtues
Expression      4
Intellect      2
Valor         3
Vengeance      2

Willpower   7/7

Legend:  2:  4/4

Soak
Bashing      7/5
Lethal         5/3
Aggravated      3/1

Armor
Kely's Thrice Forged Corset:  This bare midriff and low necked adamant corset nonetheless provides the protection of a bullet proof vest (2L, 2B, Bulletproof) with no fatigue or mobility.  It gives access to the Earth and Fire Purview.  (Relic 3) 

Render unto Drogo…
This large golden coin has the face of the dwarf king Drogo stamped on one side and is smooth on the other.  Polishing the other side causes gold to gleam in the fires of Drogo’s forge, triggering two way communication, as if between the reflection in the coin and the flames of the forge. 
   While she carries this coin, she has access to the purview of Night. 

Weapons
Arithma: The hammer that can create and destroy:  Stats of a Skegox, -1 Speed.  Can sheath in the form of a tattoo across her back.  (Relic 2) 
ACC       (+1)      10
DMG      (+6L)      10L+1
DEF       (+0)      9 (DV 5)
SPD       4   

ChaoticSky

Ha, I've been working on a wolf-focused scion  ;D

AndyZ

You need to spend another point on the relic in order to remove the point of Fatigue from a bulletproof vest, Muse.

kckolbe

Andy, since you seem keen on the rules, would you be willing to look mine over?

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2012, 02:03:13 PM
I am never opposed to a little overlap, and am intrigued at the thought of divine incest. 

Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hephaestus

Str 3 Dex 4 Sta 4
Cha 3 Man 2 App 2
Per 2 Int 3 Wit 4

Academics 1 Athletics 3 Animal Ken 1 Awareness 2 Art 1 Brawl 1 Craft 1 Command Control 1 Empathy 1 Investigation 3 Fortitude 3 Larceny 1 Integrity 1 Marksmanship Melee 4 Medicine Occult 2 Science 1 Politics Stealth 2 Presence Survival Thrown 2

Birthrights: Talaria 2 (Guardian boon added), 3 remaining (to discuss with Muse)

Epic Int 1
Fast Learner
Epic Str 1,2
Holy Bound: Double jumping distances/heights
Holy Rampage: Spend a point of legend to halve the hardness of inanimate object not in someone else's control.
Epic Dex 1
Cat's Grace: Immune to knockdown, no penalties for difficult terrain
Epic Sta 1,2
Damage Conversion: Spend a point of legend to convert lethal damage from one attack into bashing
Self Healing: Spend 1 point of legend per damage level healed
Guardian 2: (Sta+Fort) 1 legend and 1 willpower to place hardness rating equal to successes on the roll, lasts 24 hours
Sky 1: Spend a point of legend to ignore falling damage or double jumping ability
Fire 1: Immune to fire damage
Arete 1,2 (Melee)

Expression
Intellect 1
Valor 2
Vengeance 2

Legend 3
Willpower 4
Legend Points 9

Bonus Points:
Legend 3 (7)
Epic Str 2 (4)
Epic Sta 2 (4)
Arete 2 (4)
Melee 4 (1)

Well, for one thing, weren't we all going to try to do Legend 2 so that we could stay at the same rate?

You need to have a Birthright in order to use any purviews, so you'll want one for Sky and for Fire.  If you want to be able to use Earth and any others, you'll want to have Relics for those also.

Do you want magical weapons and armor or will you be happy with mundane stuff?

kckolbe

I may have missed that.  I did ask permission for Legend 3, but if everyone wants to stay at 2 then I can do that.  I like seeing groups cooperate, anyways.  As for birthrights, I did leave that unfinished in order to work that out a bit with Muse and get some ideas from you guys.  I'd initially been thinking of my character being something of a guardian for Muse's, but she looks like she can take care of herself. 

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Yeah, most Scions will be able to take care of themselves.  Being a guardian can be useful but isn't usually necessary.

I strongly recommend getting a weapon's Speed down to as low as possible.  This costs 1 point to lower it by a point if it's 4 or 5, but if it's 6, you can spend 2 points to lower it to 4.  Sadly, no longer than that, but that's plenty of powerful by itself.

Do you have the Companion?  There's a lot of options on page 151 for various relics.

If you have a messenger (preferably Skype), you can PM me your details and I can help you out.

kckolbe

Okay, re-did him as a son of Hermes.  Will pretty this up and add in backstory later, but here is the bare bones.

Pantheon/God: Dodekatheon/Hermes
Nature: Rebel

Strength 3     Epic 1
Dexterity 4    Epic 1
Stamina 3      Epic 1
Charisma 3 
Manipulation 2
Appearance 2
Perception 5
Intelligence 3 Epic 1
Wits 4         Epic 1

Academics 1 Athletics 4 Animal Ken  Awareness 3 Art  Brawl  Craft  Command  Control (Cars) 3 Empathy 2 Investigation 3 Fortitude 1 Larceny 3 Integrity 1 Marksmanship  Melee 3 Medicine  Occult 2 Science  Politics  Stealth 3 Presence  Survival 1 Thrown

Birthrights:
Talaria (endowed shoes ) Psychopomp, Darkness, Sky (3)
Bulletproof Vest Magic 1, Justice 1, 0 fatigue (3)
Weapon Spatha "shrinkable" to key, +legend to dex/melee, -1 speed, +2 damage (5)

Epic Knacks

Strength: Holy Bound
Only characters whose Boons include the Sky Purview have more freedom to flaunt the laws of physics. Simply having Epic Strength enables a Scion to perform prodigious leaps that leave mortals standing slack-jawed with wonder. For example, if a Scion has Strength 5, Athletics 3 and Epic Strength 3, she can jump 12 yards straight up or 24 yards forward. (See “Movement” on p. 180\.) This Knack, however, doubles a Scion’s vertical and horizontal jumping distances. With it, the aforementioned character could leap an amazing 24 yards straight up (from the ground to a seventh-story balcony, for instance) or 48 yards forward in a single bound

Dexterity: Cat's Grace
This Knack imbues a Scion with the uncanny ability to remain on his feet despite treacherous terrain or an enemy’s best attempts to knock him down. For instance, a character with this Knack never suffers knockdown (see p. 198) from an attack. The player need not even roll. The character still suffers the damage, but he remains on his feet. Furthermore, a character with this Knack ignores all difficulty penalties based on unstable footing and treacherous terrain. He still suffers speed penalties for moving through ankle- to knee- deep water or mud, but his dice pools for actions taken on such terrain suffer no penalties

Stamina: Self Healing
The Scion’s player spends a point of Legend to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. (Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal.) Scions who are interested in building their reputation and spreading their legends quickly find this Knack to be one of the more effective tools of doing so, as bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before astonished onlookers’ eyes.

Intelligence: Perfect Memory
The character remembers everything about his past from before the game started to the current moment in the story. If ever the player forgets a salient point or key bit of information from previous sessions, he has but to ask the Storyteller and the Storyteller will remind him. It’s a good idea for the character’s player to take copious notes on each session’s events and double-check them with the Storyteller, if only to alleviate some of the stress on the Storyteller.

Wits: Instant Investigator
The Scion can take an intuitive “read” of a crime scene and make a reasonably accurate assessment of what transpired there. By spending a point of Legend and taking a single, sweeping glance around the scene of a crime, the Scion entitles his player to a reflexive (Wits + Investigation) roll. If the roll succeeds, the Scion can tell what crimes were committed at that scene (if it was more than one), how many perpetrators were involved, how long ago it happened, roughly the sequence of events that took place and what means the perpetrators employed to cover up evidence. The difficulty of the roll should reflect how long ago the crime occurred, how contaminated the crime scene has been since then and how thorough the criminals were in covering their tracks. This Knack doesn’t reveal specific, plot-sensitive information that isn’t readily apparent (such as who the perpetrators actually are), but it should provide enough clues in a single glance for the character to develop solid leads that further the story.

Boons:
Justice 1
Arete 1 (Melee)
Magic 1
Sky 1
Darkness 1

Virtues
Expression 1
Intellect 2
Valor 4
Vengeance 3

Willpower 7

Dodge DV: 6

Bonus Points
Birthrights (8)
Sta to 3 (4)
Per to 5 (4)
Valor to 4 (3)
Ath 4 (1)

History: Starting with his name, Danny's life had been riddled with bad luck.  It was about the most ridiculous name he'd heard of, made somehow worse by the fact that no part of it, by itself, was particularly bad.  Aside from mild teasing, his childhood had gone relatively simply.  Once he began his teens, however, that changed.  With his mom as a single parent, they had never had much money.  Not only did she never have a high-paying job, but even the mediocre ones she was able to get quickly fell through, whether it was the company going under or some other unfortunate incident leading to her losing her job.  She'd tried finding a man to help out, but any attempt at a relationship quickly turned disastrous.  Sometimes his car would break down on the way to pick her up, or maybe an old fling would turn up at a bad time.  For whatever reason, Danny couldn't think of a time where his mom was actively dating someone, and more than once she'd remarked that she hadn't met an even halfway decent man since his father, though she had know idea who he was.

By the time he was 15, his mom was beginning to lose control.  Constant loneliness and stress had taken its toll, and where she had once been a beautiful woman, she had grown to look ten years older than she was.  She could have passed as his grandmother, and sore joints from past on the job injuries did little to help.  Jobs became more scarce, and they slowly slipped further and further into poverty.  Though she'd done her best to keep him interested in school, resulting in his having initially been a brilliant student, constant discipline problems and mishaps with school projects had already all but guaranteed that he would not be eligible for any academic scholarships, even though he did well in track and field events in high school.  He started getting in fights at school, though they never lasted long.  Teachers seemed to appear the moment Danny lost his nerve and threw a punch, and he would get in trouble.  In sophomore year, discipline problems led to his expulsion from the track team, thus sealing his chances at success.

At 16, his mom worked for a hardware store, the first semi-permanent job she'd had in years.  Danny was only putting in enough effort to not get kicked out of school.  In his spare time, he'd picked up a job as a delivery man for a small company, using a company car since he didn't have one of his own.  Unsurprisingly, he arrived at work one day to discover the company had gone out of business.  Nodding in resignation, he'd headed home early, opening the door to see two men having sex with his mom in the living room.  The only reason she'd kept her job for so long was that she'd turned to prostitution.  They didn't talk about it more than that.  He told her that the company had gone bankrupt, and that he needed to find another job.  He left.  It was the last time he saw her alive.

His mom had come to the conclusion that she was bad luck, cursed, and that the only way for him to have a chance was to take herself out of the equation.  She'd killed herself that night, leaving a note apologizing for her curse.  Danny, unemployed and struggling in school, dropped out, and began a new life.  He started with his mom's last employer, who'd been using her and paying her next to nothing.  He died in what appeared to be a street robbery, his wallet gone.  There were no leads.

With him dead, things at the hardware store soon came up missing, and Danny found himself making a bit of money selling the stolen goods.  Multiple times the police were called, but that had become part of the appeal to him.  He'd never had a pleasant experience with cops, who for some reason had always treated him as the bad guy when they'd been called, just because he'd been poor, or "looked no good."  He was ready for them.  Most of the time he would just run away, nimbly climbing fences and walls, outrunning them, or sometimes even circling around and stealing their own squad cars.  Some officers, though, had less luck.  Whenever a cop arrived on the scene that had treated him unfairly or had been in the news for violating citizen rights, something would end up going wrong.  Officers began dying on the job in greater numbers

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Might be a good idea to spoiler your sheets, folks.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

Andy is taking care of checking up the character sheets. I would be glad if people post the spoilers so Andy can look through it

Muse

What am i missing, Andy?  I made the Thrice Forged Corset Relic 3. I thought that gave me the two purviews (fire, and safely interred) and lowered the fatigue by one? 

Muse

AndyZ

Well, looks like we have four.  When can we start?

Gekido

I am locking the thread for two weeks, just got tickets for a vacation to Japan with my girlfriend. Hopefully when I am back we can start!.

AndyZ

Gekido, if I can get your permission, I'll try to run the Visitations for anyone who wants to get their stuff done early.  That'll let us get things started when you return.

avorae

I already did my visitation...

Muse

That's pretty awesome, Geikido. 

Gekido

Got home earlier than expected but heh I am back!

ShadowFox89

I'm going to work on my character right now! Anyone have an empty sheet template I could use?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

hehe nop make your own template

AndyZ

That was seriously quick. Is everything alright?

Gekido

Yeah, just had to come early. My girlfriend had a job offer that she could not miss.

kckolbe

That's cool.  I come early with my girlfriend, too.  (Important note: Girlfriend only exists for the sake of this joke)

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Roberta Ibanez
Personality: Trouble Maker
Bio:

Calling: Gambler
Pantheon: Aztec
Nature:
God: Tezcatlipoca
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Associated Powers: Epic Appearance, Epic Charisma,
Epic Dexterity, Epic Manipulation, Epic Wits, Animal
(Jaguar), Darkness, Itztli, Magic, Moon, Mystery,
Prophecy, Sun, War

Attributes

Strength: XX 0
[f] Dexterity: XXX 0
Stamina: XX 0

[f] Charisma: XXX 0
[f] Manipulation: XXX 0
[f] Appearance: XXXXX 0

Perception: XXX 0
Intelligence: XXX 0
[f] Wits: XXX 0

Abilities (0 Behind the Ability for the favored by your god)
Academics:3
Animal Ken:
Art:
x
0 Athletics: 3
Awareness: 3
0 Brawl: 3
Command:
Control:
x Drive
Craft:
x
x
Empathy: 3
0 Fortitude: 3
Integrity:
Investigation: 3
Larceny:
Marksmanship:
Medicine:
Melee:
0 Occult: 3
Politics:
0 Presence: 3
Science:
x
x
0 Stealth: 3
Survival:
Thrown:

Birthright Armband of the Jaguar (grants access to Darkness, Fire, and Sun domains), Necklace of Fangs (grants access to the War and Water domains)

Knacks
Strength: Holy Bound
Dexterity: Untouchable Opponent
Stamina: Fast Healer
Charisma: Girls will be Girls
Manipulation: Overt Order
Appearance: Come Hither
Perception: Scent the Divine
Intelligence: Language Mastery
Wisdom: Don't Read the Manual

Boons
Night Eyes, Fire Immunity, Penetrating Glare, Blessing of Bravery, Water Breathing, Maguey Sting

Virtues Conviction: 3, Courage: 2, Duty 2, Loyalty: 2
Willpower 5

Legend 2

Health Levels
3x -0
0x -1
2x -2
1x -4
1x Incapcitated

Derrived Statistics   A/L/B
Natural Soak         1/2/3
Armored Soak        1/2/3

Defense Values   Natural   Equipped   
Dodge          4          4   
Parry (U)       3          3   

Movement   
        Yards Mph Kph
Base   4   8.2   13.2
Dash   10   20.5   32.9

Jump  Distance   
Vertical   6
Horizontal   12

Throw Distance   Yards
Base Range    20
Thrown Weapon 40
Feat of Strength  2

Max Lifting Capacity   
Lbs   Tonnes
580   0.3   

BP Spending:
4 on Epic Dexterity
4 on Epic Charisma
4 on Epic Manipulation
4 on Epic Appearance
Call me Shadow
My A/A

yesiroleplay

Someone starts a Scion game and all the familiar faces come out.
I'm tempted, but it looks like the GN will have to be doing some pruning already.
How many Scions are you looking for Gekido?

Gekido

well I think I have enough but it would be good for a actual girl to play a girl so yeah if you want in I can open a spot for you :)

yesiroleplay

I saw there was a lot of female characters and was considering doing up a guy.  But I do prefer playing females.

Gekido

ShadowFox89

Internet on the computer is being stupid right now. I will post when I can get it back working, but until then I wont be able to finish the sheet. Does it look alright so far though?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

So when can we start?  Can those of us who already had our Visitation start meeting each other?

Gekido

Hopefully I can start all of the stuff tonight so by tomorrow morning everything should be done

Gekido

Two links added on first post.

AndyZ

Avorae, Muse and  kckolbe should all be good to go.

ShadowFox89

I'm still trying to figure out why my interner wont work on the phone..... Everything except boons/birthrights is done for my unnamed scion.... Oh, and name needed too.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I'm too ill to do math and count the points but it looks like you need 6 boons and 5 birthrights.

ShadowFox89

Mhm. Finally got the internet working with a system restore, so I will finish the character. Will probably use all of those on the boons I wanna get...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Okay, Roberta should be finished. Still need to do her visitation and get other fluff down, but the latter shouldn't take long.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

Do you have yahoo messenger so we can do the visitation?

ShadowFox89

No, but I could download it. Otherwise, I have AIM...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gekido

kckolbe

Looking forward to doing the visitation.  My schedule is kinda weird, though, so might be easier by PM.

Intro Thread

Gekido

How about this, you can all start roleplaying and whenever you have time we just do the visitation. Those who got their characters approved by AndyZ can go ahead and post.