Deathwatch Campaign - Recruitment Closed

Started by Primarch, August 06, 2012, 01:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I'm looking to GM a Deathwatch Campaign. I already have quite a bit of it mapped out and it'll be using elements from a tabletop group I ran. They enjoyed it. I don't want to spoil too much just yet, but I will say your primary opponent will be orks.

I'm looking for a group of either 4 or 5 players. Character creation can make use of Rites of Battle & First Founding but please don't send me your characters just yet. Please be familiar with notes in the Living Errata.

I'm looking for clean fun, power players and rule lawyers need not apply. Also no Librarians for now please. This is my first time running a game in a while and Librarians bring in too many wild elements.

All that said and done. Who would be interested?

The Squad
AndyZ: Dark Angels Devastator
Muse: Ultramarine Tactical Marine
HairyHeretic: Space Wolves Assault Marine
Triggvi: Novamarine Assault Marine
Darkling:

AndyZ

I have the PDF but don't actually know a great deal about 40k or the system yet.  However, I'm very familiar with Rogue Trader and I realize they're basically the same system.  Count me in.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

Quote from: AndyZ on August 06, 2012, 01:53:06 PM
I have the PDF but don't actually know a great deal about 40k or the system yet.  However, I'm very familiar with Rogue Trader and I realize they're basically the same system.  Count me in.

Excellent, if you could browse the rules on character creation I'd appreciate it. I'd like to be able to move things along rather swiftly once things are formed.

AndyZ

Would you allow some of the non-random stuff, like the Allocating Points rule and getting to choose things like Power Armor history and name, or should we just do everything completely random?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Primarch

Quote from: AndyZ on August 06, 2012, 03:09:17 PM
Would you allow some of the non-random stuff, like the Allocating Points rule and getting to choose things like Power Armor history and name, or should we just do everything completely random?

I think point allocation is better. Keeps everyone honest. Players can pick their own power armour, I'll handle its history.

ShadowFox89

I'm interested. I should warn you, though, most of my knowledge of Warhammer 40k comes from third party sources.

We'll be using the Dark Heresy rules, right?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 06, 2012, 09:06:37 PM
I'm interested. I should warn you, though, most of my knowledge of Warhammer 40k comes from third party sources.

We'll be using the Dark Heresy rules, right?

Well the Deathwatch rules, but its all the same system.

ShadowFox89

*nods*

Okay. What page is the point stuff on?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Page 26.
All stats start on 30, 100 to distribute, no more then 20 in any single stat.

Muse

I'd be extremely interested, Primarch, I'll have more time tommorow. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

Quote from: Muse on August 06, 2012, 10:35:48 PM
I'd be extremely interested, Primarch, I'll have more time tommorow.

Excellent.

AndyZ

I also sent a notice to someone who isn't on the site yet but is hankering for a Deathwatch game.

Right now I'm looking at Dark Angel (Ravenwing) Devastator.  Although I think I could have a pretty good time with Ultramarine Tactical, but that seems like I'd have to learn a lot more rules than I already know.

Muse

Working on a tactical marine.  Open to suggestions on clan.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

You guys can feel free to start posting up characters. If you want to use a custom chapter from Rites of Battle PM me first.
Keep in mind we're using point allocation.

ShadowFox89

I might end up with a custom chapter..... I'll pm you when I figure something out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

I'd be interested in playing. Probably a Space Wolf, though I'd need to refresh myself on how they're set up.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Primarch

I've got you 4 that have expressed interest thus far listed in the OP, if you could nail down what type of SM you want to play as (Chapter & Specialty)  I'll list it atop. Seeing what some of you pick might help others make a decision.

HairyHeretic

I'll play to my strenghts. Space Wolves - Assault marine. Likely a Grey Hunter rather than a Blood Claw though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ShadowFox89

Never played Deathwatch before so I don't know what my strengths would be.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 07, 2012, 01:56:58 PM
Never played Deathwatch before so I don't know what my strengths would be.

Tactical Marine is a safe bet, lots of flexibility. Be able to support your team mates in most areas.

Primarch

Alright, post finished characters up in this thread. Leave out armour histories, just list which armour you want (from those that you can start with) and I'll give your your history options. Once that's all taken care of I'll set up a character thread to post approved characters (don't forget to take list of xp spent/character construction), keeps people honest when everyone can see where everything comes from. You can list this at the bottom of your character sheet and update it as we go along.

ShadowFox89

Do you have a character sheet skeleton that can be filled out?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

I do not, but there are numerous PDF's that might help. Although if you'd rather just fill it out as a freeform stat block that's also fine, so long as everything is clear.

AndyZ