Gargoyles interest check.

Started by luphawk, August 01, 2012, 12:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luphawk

This is to see if anyone is interested in playing in the world of Disney’s gargoyles.

I would be more then happy to do solos if someone would be interested in playing a female (gargoyle, Fay, human, other) opposite my male character (preferably my OC but I would be willing to play canon) or if there is enough interest I have three basic group ideas.

Note:  while I like the quarry men as villains I’d rather not include the goliath chronicles as many fans and Greg Weisman (creator of gargoyles and a bunch of other great shows) himself do not consider it canon because he had almost nothing to do with that.  Also, I’d prefer the clones still be around, not that they have to show up but I’d like to have the option.

1.  Pick up where the original show left off:  The gargoyles have just moved back into the castle and in the eyes of the world gone from urban myth to fact.  I can see this as a wide opening for OCs as lone gargoyles flock to the city in hopes of being with there own kind again.

2.  2014:  its been 20 years since the gargoyles first awoke over Manhattan, where are they now.  Again, plenty of opening for OCs.

3.  Chicago clan:  also set in 2014, like in the first idea once the clan became public knowledge lone gargoyles and other small clans flocked to the city and were welcomed but now the castle has become crowded so they have decided to split the clan.  Alex Xanatos (the baby who is now 18) takes a group to live in a newly constructed building in Chicago.  I like this idea because it encourages OCs and easily explains the absence of any canon characters we don’t have someone to play.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Muse

*Pounce* 

I told myself I was in enough freeforms, but those are magic words.  :) 
+++
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

luphawk

Yes it is, It’s still one of my favorite cartoons and even makes my top 10 best TV shows list.  If anyone sees this and doesn’t know the show (plausible consider its been close to 20 years, god that makes me feel old) I very much suggest checking it out.

I have edited my original post to include ideas and an inspiring pic.
my ideas / my f-list

Empyrean

Very interesting. :) I like the idea of a Chicago Clan.

Pumpkin Seeds

I'm always partial to original characters so the Chicago idea is cool.

Muse

The chicago clan seems like a fine idea, as does Alexander Xanatos.  :)  I wonder if the little half-fey's learned any tricks from his grandmother yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

luphawk

It seams Chicago if the favorite, can’t say I’m disappointed about that seeing as it’s my favorite as well.  Now that I know there is interest I’ll start working on a character sheet and edit it into my first post when its done.  Initially I was thinking Alex would be the only canon character but I’ve decided I will allow others if desired however it will require a brief bio of what they have been up to for the past 17 years and a writing sample to show you know the character well enough to play them (you don’t have to nail them, just not be totally out of character).

Quote from: Muse on August 01, 2012, 03:28:32 PM
  The chicago clan seems like a fine idea, as does Alexander Xanatos.  :)  I wonder if the little half-fey's learned any tricks from his grandmother yet?

I’m sure he has, not to mention all his training from puck and actually he is ¼ fey but still plenty powerful, after all he was doing soul transference before his first birthday.

It seams obvious seeing as he is the only already named character but maybe I should say that I would be playing Alex.
my ideas / my f-list

Idej

Well, looks like you have officially piqued my interests.

wolventears

Raises hand!!! I would love to play this!!!
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

drivebyte

Max

I am interested.  I do have several questions.  Are we all going to be Gargoyles, friends of Gargoyles, or their enemies?  Or different sides?

Also, it would seem to me that we can use the Quarrymen, since such a group would have had some time to get organized.  And quite probably would have organized, given some people's reaction to the Gargoyles.  I can understand how you feel about the Goliath Chronicles, but think that could be slipped in with no problem. 

Are any of the canon characters ruled out? 
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

luphawk

6 people interested within 24 hours, max makes seven and I’m assuming there will be others who just haven’t seen this yet.  I’m thinking this has the potential to be a larger, multi thread game with each thread representing a different place.  In addition to the character sheet I’m working on a layout for the top few floors of the new building, I’m thinking while they didn’t move another castle they did model the top of this building after one.

Now to max’s questions.

Within reason I don’t plan to put restrictions on it, you can be a gargoyle, a human, a fey, a mutate, a new Olympian, a half-breed or something else (subject to approval).  You can be a member of the clan, a friend, an enemy, someone who is on the fence or even a character like Margo Yale who just keeps running into the gargoyles.

Yes, I do like the quarry men and while I’d like to keep the goliath chronicles out of this continuity I do want them, they were actually a big part of what Greg said he would have don if he had stayed on the show.  I don’t think they would have an existing significant presence in Chicago seeing as New York has been the spotlight for gargoyle activity until now but I’m sure as soon as they found out some gargoyle were moving to Chicago they would start holding rallies and recruiting there.

While they might show up for a visit or something I’m thinking goliath and Elisa are ruled out as regular characters, even splitting the clan goliath is still the leader so he would stay in New York and Elisa wouldn’t move without him.  Otherwise I can’t think of any that are off limits but if anyone wants to play canon they should let me know who and I’ll let them know if it’s okay.
my ideas / my f-list

Caela

This sounds like so much fun! Interest definitely piqued! :) Am thinking a human since I am sure there will be plenty of interest in gargoyles, fet, etc.

Elias

One of the greatest American cartoons of all time, good on you for rping in the world :D

Karasu

oh man I so want in on this! I have a gargoyle all set XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

luphawk

my ideas / my f-list

Katra Alexion

I myself loved the Gargoyle series and would love to play a character if a slot is still available.

luphawk

There is no limit on slots, all are welcome but I’m afraid I haven’t gotten any response in the other threads yet.
my ideas / my f-list

Kaisude

Damn this got a lot of buzz. Might have to toss my hat in. Brooklyn fan all day. :P

luphawk

That works as I was toying with the idea of Brooklyn being the leader of the new clan if anyone wanted to play him.
my ideas / my f-list

Katra Alexion

Would a fey/panther hybrid be acceptable?

luphawk

I’m guessing you mean the were-panthers from the Anansi episode?  I guess so, most fey would be able to change like that anyway but the mix is fine by me.
my ideas / my f-list

Empyrean

I was thinking of a gargoyle who combined ancient magic with modern technology. Would that be feasible?

luphawk

You mean like coldstone or more like a technomage?  Either way sounds interesting so go for it.
my ideas / my f-list

Kaisude

Sorry guys gonna pull back from this though I will be checking in on it. Trying to limit my self in rps and three is the max.