X-Men and the Crow - interest check / recruiting

Started by Adammair, July 26, 2012, 10:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adammair

The X-Men are committed to helping to save humanity from evil mutants who would seek to enslave them. The Crow / Eric Draven is committed to saving a young woman named Sara. When she is hunted by mutants intent on harm, there can only be one chance for her rescue and salvation. Those who know about both must unite.

In that vein, I, along with Eranil Morathim, am seeking a group of like-minded individuals for a group story, to begin sometime in the near future, schedules permitting.

We are looking for the following main characters, along with some 'extras'.

I will apologize, before we go any further, for any poor GMing on my part. This will be my first large group game, and I have real life responsibilities coming up soon. Eranil can fill in for me, as needed.

That being said, we are looking for the baddest of the most badass heroes and villains to create on both sides of the battle, along with some others (known or unknown) to complete the roster at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Characters (Required):

Heroes
Professor X - Available
Colossus - Available
Beast - Available
Wolverine - Adammair
Eric Draven / the Crow - Eranil
Sara - PennyNarrows
Gambit - freakula86
Storm - TessaJade
Unnamed (?) Black Queen clone - PaleEnchantress (apologies if you told me the name, and I have forgotten)

Villains
Sebastian Shaw (under consideration) - Available (The Kevin Bacon character from the movie X-Men : First Class)
Psylocke - (under consideration) - Available
Black Widow - Available
Sabretooth - luphawk (?)*
Lady Deathstrike - Rhys Thanatos
Deadpool - Starlequin (?)*
Mystique - Chartara
Cloud Shark (OC) - luphawk (?)*
Marrow - Michi No Sora

(?)* - Awaiting player acceptance

Thank you all for reading this, and further details will be posted here, as they arise.

PennyNarrows

This sounds brilliant. Can't wait to start. :)

Adammair

Neither can I, Penny. Thanks for agreeing to be a part of it. :-)

Jag

*eyes the game*

I hate you...*flicks Adam in the back of the head with her tail*

Count me in. Not sure who I would want to be though.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

AribethAmkiir

Starlequin

*cracks his knuckles and eyes the Deadpool slot* Definitely interested in more info...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Adammair

I will keep you all updated via this thread, so keep an eye on it. I have no definite timeframe or set plot except one revolving around Draven's looking out for Sara's safety, but Eranil and I are working on something to keep the X-Men fans happy, too. We're confident that it will not be your average, everyday story, but something special.

Eranil Morathim

I'm excited to see all the intrest in this game. We've been bouncing ideas off each other back and forth for a while and I'm confident this will be a blast.

PennyNarrows

Yes, keep the X-men fans happy too, I am equally into both of these! Used to get the comics for years. :)

Jag

I've decided, if it's an option, I want to be Marrow or an OC teleporter (not a Neyaphem though). If being a character not listed is an option, of course.

kckolbe

Will there be any type of system for this?  X-Men games tend to have a lot of combat, and even in games where there isn't much of it, balance tends to be a big issue.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Eranil Morathim

We're still working everything out, but rest assured something will be put in place.

freakula86

Yeah you have my interest piqued thanks for the heads up Adammair, but I have question more less how about TaskMaster he was Deadpool's rival at one point in time. He is a villain I was just curious is all.

Adammair

Hmm...I've never heard of TaskMaster. I'll have to check Marvel's website for a description. I'll keep it in mind, thanks. We're really looking for the ones that are mentioned in the first post, at the moment. We're not ruling out others. In fact, we're discussing some additions, but the base ones required are stated in the OP.

Jag

Tony Masters (a.k.a. Taskmaster).

If we're going with characters from the OP...Beast. *nods* Beast most definitely.

freakula86

"I will try my hands at Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool."

Adammair

We have 2 interested in Deadpool. I will send both of you a PM.

Bloodied Porcelain

Hrm... you have very few interesting female leads =/ Are we talking classic X-Men or one of the crappy new universes? >.> Also, I don't understand what you mean by the "extras" not interfering with the main storyline. So... they can post and be background "filler" but can't actively participate in the over all story much/ever? If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to open up a few more female lead roles so that those of us who can't/won't play men have something to play but can still get involved?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Adammair

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 27, 2012, 07:51:24 PM
Hrm... you have very few interesting female leads =/ Are we talking classic X-Men or one of the crappy new universes? >.> Also, I don't understand what you mean by the "extras" not interfering with the main storyline. So... they can post and be background "filler" but can't actively participate in the over all story much/ever? If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to open up a few more female lead roles so that those of us who can't/won't play men have something to play but can still get involved?

We are seriously considering adding female characters to the story. There will likely be a spot for you. This is very much still in the planning stages, at this point in time, so rest assured, this will not be a "boys only - no girls allowed" club. *smiles warmly*

EDIT: To clear up confusion, please disregard my OP comment about the extras not interfering. That was a poor choice of wording, and very much came out wrong.

Adammair

Modified OP to reflect our need for extra characters, and to fill available slots.

Chartara

If you all would add Mystique in on the villians side, I'd be willing to play her  *grins*

Eranil Morathim

Well Chartara, you will be pleased to know that she is currently being discussed and is very likely to be included.

Chartara

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 12:59:32 AM
Well Chartara, you will be pleased to know that she is currently being discussed and is very likely to be included.

discussed... as in someone else already requested her? or as in I may get the part? *giggles*  it's late here and I'm about brain dead, so I thought I'd ask to make sure *grins*

Eranil Morathim

As in she slipped my mind when we started talking about this so I brought her up later and now we're figuring how to work her in. which means you may get the part.

Chartara

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 01:05:10 AM
As in she slipped my mind when we started talking about this so I brought her up later and now we're figuring how to work her in. which means you may get the part.

YAY!  *dances around* ok lemme know. I'll start doing my research now to refresh my mind *grins*

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm still trying to decide what I want to play, but since this is original universe x-men and the number of decent females fleshed out enough to be played, I'll either go Jubilee or I'll break out one of my OCs. I will say this though... a little more explanation as to why mutants would be after someone with no political or social influence or power would be nice. Most of the groups in the comics and show only went after those with some kind of sway... going after a kid with a druggie mom doesn't make much sense for them.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

PaleEnchantress

I have a rather esoteric character I've been trying to find a game that would fit him. I'll give a brief background and summary here and you can tell me if s/he might feel at home among your Xaviers Academy.   Marrow

In a long expanding plot to gain more power The Black Queen sought to create copies of herself that she could control. She only managed to create one opposite sex copy before she abandoned that plan in favor of one involving a necromantic virus. When the Black Queen herself disappeared after a battle with the X-Force her simulacrum was abandoned without direction. He is a newborn in the body of an adult fighting with over 6000 years of memories of being someone he isn't. He hopes that Xaviers Academy might be able to help him, but he also harbors deep prejudice against them. He always wonders if they are there to help him or if they are just waiting to destroy him if he ever becomes the monster he was meant to be.

He is androgynous beautiful in appearance and is actually easy to mistake for the woman he was copied to be until one gets close. He is sexually attracted to males and has confusion about his sexual identity as well since all his memories are those of a female life. His power are nearly identical to his former mistresses as well but with subtle differences. His molecular manipulation manifests as cryokenetics rather than pyrokenetics, he also finds corpses easy to animate but only has a very simplistic command of magic. The command of magic is something he can only mimic slightly from his memories since he never actually had the training to use it. Unfortunately using his vast powers rapidly turns him old and corpse-like and must be replenished by draining the life from others. It's usually fatal for those he drains and the feeding on life energy is very addicting. Even those that don't die walk away carrying all the years he lost, aging decades in minutes.

Anyway it's a rather dark character and doesn't fit into hetero-normative sexuality either. It would be ideal if another one of the male characters might be interested in eventually being his partner, but that's not necessary as long as everyone can be respectful in regards to it. Anyway I look forward to seeing your reply.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Eranil Morathim

Bloodied we're still working on some details and characters but if you have any suggestions we're open to them. I did just think Black Widow may be a fun one though. We've really only got a skeleton right now but fully intend on bringing this game to life.

As for why anyone would be after Sara. Right now the first thought that has come to mind is that Magneto, being the evil genius that his is, somehow discovered something about Sara that would allow him to create a race of super mutants to further his cause. As I said, this is still in the building phases, but the interest in it is inspiring us more and more, so it may not take too long before we're ready to start.

Eranil Morathim

Pale that is a very interesting character. We may very well be able to work him in but it might take some thought. Adam will see this when he comes online again and we can discuss it, with you as well and we'll see what we can figure out. I will say right now that he has me rather intrigued.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 01:37:39 AM
Pale that is a very interesting character. We may very well be able to work him in but it might take some thought. Adam will see this when he comes online again and we can discuss it, with you as well and we'll see what we can figure out. I will say right now that he has me rather intrigued.

Nice to see that the other goth appreciates it ^_~

Eranil Morathim

I don't know if I would classify me as a goth, but thank you. I just have some dark tastes. I'm not going to make any promises though but we'll see if we can figure something out.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 02:06:18 AM
I don't know if I would classify me as a goth, but thank you. I just have some dark tastes. I'm not going to make any promises though but we'll see if we can figure something out.

Well hopefully all goes well. I'll sacrifice a baby lamb to consecrate our future business.

Eranil Morathim

lol as much as I like lamb, there's no need to go that far. Feel free to contact me whenever though.

freakula86

I have changed my mind about Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool I would like to instead do  and play the character Gambit.

If that is fine by you all.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 02:17:57 AM
lol as much as I like lamb, there's no need to go that far. Feel free to contact me whenever though.

I'd sacrifice a human baby but I haven't done that in centuries. While I do like the eco-friendly fact that babies are a renewable resource they aren't actually ripe until many years after birth.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: freakula86 on July 28, 2012, 02:19:36 AM
I have changed my mind about Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool I would like to instead do  and play the character Gambit.

If that is fine by you all.

Hmm I wouldn't mind sucking some of the life energy out of him...

Eranil Morathim

I think that's already been taken care of Freakula. Adam pm'ed me about it earlier and if I remember right, that's the character you are listed as on the first page.

Starlequin

What kind of posting rate are we looking at? And has it been decided whether this will be system or freeform?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Starlequin on July 28, 2012, 02:28:53 AM
What kind of posting rate are we looking at? And has it been decided whether this will be system or freeform?

Earlier on I say mention of some sort of system which I'm certainly hoping for. X-Men has a emphasis on action and while im sure everyone is very mature and good at role play it still isn't so amazing when things boil down to "I can pretend my imaginary person is stronger than you can pretend the imaginary adversary is". That being said I don't think every character needs to be intricately balanced with every other. There isn't a lot of disagreement over whether someone like Beast is on the same level as Storm or Professor Xavier.

freakula86

Eranil Morathim

We haven't gotten to building some kind of system yet, but I'm sure we will have something. I don't think we're going to have to do any rolls or anything. We're all mature here. As I said before, if anyone has any suggestions, we're open to them. PM Adam or myself and we will take everything into consideration and, I'll have to discuss this with him, but I would be willing to have an open forum discussion for them too just to get everyone's opinion in the open.

Adammair

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 01:33:24 AM
Bloodied we're still working on some details and characters but if you have any suggestions we're open to them. I did just think Black Widow may be a fun one though. We've really only got a skeleton right now but fully intend on bringing this game to life.

As for why anyone would be after Sara. Right now the first thought that has come to mind is that Magneto, being the evil genius that his is, somehow discovered something about Sara that would allow him to create a race of super mutants to further his cause. As I said, this is still in the building phases, but the interest in it is inspiring us more and more, so it may not take too long before we're ready to start.

As Eranil mentioned, Bloodied, we're thinking Sara has some genetic characteristic that could help create a new breed of supermutants.

All comments and ideas are welcome. Keep them coming.

kckolbe

While a new genetic anomaly is fairly convenient, it does work.  Perhaps it is a passive gene, which allows her to still be "normal," but there will be the issue of how it was discovered. 

Out of curiosity, are Gambit/Beast/Colossus/Xavier required for any reason?  I know they are popular characters, but is there something about their specific abilities/skills/backstories you need, or just iconic spots you think will add to the setting?  I ask because I play a pretty mean Banshee, and he is the type that would make a pretty good leader (he's effectively had his own school of mutants twice, after all).  Also, he spent quite a bit of time working with Moira on genetics, so might be able to help with that angle.

As far as points go, I am thinking of a simple point assignment moderated by all the players with GMs having final say.  While some mutants are just more powerful than others, usually weaker characters have something else to make up for it (usually scientific expertise).  My go-to for a custom system is usually Song of Ice and Fire, as it is very easy to customize.  Here's a rough draft of what it would look like.

*Agility - Measures dexterity, nimbleness, reflexes, and flexibility
*Athletics - Physical fitness, coordination, training, raw muscle
*Awareness - A measure of how accurate your senses and perception are and how quickly you respond to changes in your environment
*Cunning - Encapsulates intelligence, intellect, and the application of collected knowledge
*Deception - The ability to lie or deceive
*Endurance - a measure of your physical well being, health and hardiness
*Fighting - Ability fight unarmed or with hand held weapons
*Knowledge - general understanding and the world about you
*Marksmanship - Skill with ranged weapons and to use them accurately in combat
*Mechanics - Your ability to understand and interact with technology, to repair or improve upon it
*Medical - Your understanding of accumulated medical knowledge, from applying a band-aid to open heart surgery
*Persuasion - Ability to manipulate emotions and beliefs in others
*Projection - Raw power of projection
*Stealth - The ability to move about unseen or unheard
*Survival - The ability to get by in hostile or unforgiving environments
*Thievery - Pick pocketing, casing a place, picking a lick, escaping from the brig
*Warfare - The ability to manage a battlefield, from tactical commands, to long term strategy, and the ability to issue commands for subordinate units to follow
*Will - Your mental fortitude
*Other - Could be luck, wealth, status in the homo sapien and/or homo superior community

These numbers would mainly be used for character creation, as well as a quick "who is better at what" if it comes up.  Let me know what you think.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Eranil Morathim

Xavier and Beast are somewhat requiered to act as a voice of reason. Consider the attitudes of Wolverine and Eric Draven when I say that. As for the others, Gambit seemed like a nice addition, and has been selected. Beyond that I don't beleive there was a set reasoning for the others. If you want to play Banshee, I see no problem with it. As stated before, we are open to suggestions.

While the skill set you have is a great idea. I wonder how it would work in the case of Eric being "dead" and Wolverines healing factor for the endurance part. I can see it working but we may have to do some more thinking on it.

The passive gene in Sara was the thought. How it was discovered is yet to be decided, but with Magneto at the helm, there are plenty of possibilities. She donates to a "Blood drive" he is hosting specifically to search for something like that perhaps..... just something to throw out there. I'm by no means saying thats how it happens but it could be something simple, or somethng wildly intricate.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 28, 2012, 02:58:48 PM
Xavier and Beast are somewhat requiered to act as a voice of reason. Consider the attitudes of Wolverine and Eric Draven when I say that. As for the others, Gambit seemed like a nice addition, and has been selected. Beyond that I don't beleive there was a set reasoning for the others. If you want to play Banshee, I see no problem with it. As stated before, we are open to suggestions.

While the skill set you have is a great idea. I wonder how it would work in the case of Eric being "dead" and Wolverines healing factor for the endurance part. I can see it working but we may have to do some more thinking on it.

I can see how important a voice of reason leader type is.  If you can work me in it just goes double. Doesn't seem like it couldn't be Banshee though.

Eranil Morathim

While I agree with you Pale. I think the logical minds of Xavier and Beast will only be more helpful. In fact my main reasoning for Xavier was that his telepathy could prove useful. In knowing what Eric has gone through, he can better offer his assistance. I'd much rather have Banshee than Cyclops though.  ;D KC if you want to play Banshee, I'm fine with it, just let Adammair know, I've not had a chance to talk to him yet about your character Pale. I'm hoping to within a couple of days here.

kckolbe

Gambit is a somewhat interesting character, but he isn't necessary.  And between Eric and Wolverine, (also Storm) I think we have enough lawless characters.

While the skill set you have is a great idea. I wonder how it would work in the case of Eric being "dead" and Wolverines healing factor for the endurance part.

Awkwardly.  As I said, it is a first draft.  For Wolverine, I would just raise his endurance to account for that.  For Eric...even detailed superhero systems balk at that.  Immortality is pretty unbalanced.  So, if this is taking place after he has avenged the initial killers, how is he still around?  Perhaps we can tone him down a bit by putting in place some ways he can be killed, or at least some kind of weaknesses?  Otherwise any fight he's in is kind of over before it starts.

Intro Thread

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: kckolbe on July 28, 2012, 04:33:55 PM

Awkwardly.  As I said, it is a first draft.  For Wolverine, I would just raise his endurance to account for that.  For Eric...even detailed superhero systems balk at that.  Immortality is pretty unbalanced.  So, if this is taking place after he has avenged the initial killers, how is he still around?  Perhaps we can tone him down a bit by putting in place some ways he can be killed, or at least some kind of weaknesses?  Otherwise any fight he's in is kind of over before it starts.

No more than someone like Bastion or Selene. The former was defeated by being torn into many pieces (that were still alive) the latter was slowed down for years by being thrown inside a volcano. I think Eric also lacks the offensive power of those two do as well so a fight with him in it probably goes "Ignore the immortal for now".

kckolbe

That is a good point.  Marvel makes unbalanced characters all the time.  It's kind of sad, to be honest, how many times I'll read or watch something and think "this character would never work in a group RP."

Intro Thread

luphawk

I assume by unknown you are opening it to OCs?  If so this might be a good chance for me to finally play one I made for another game that died before I got in.

His name is cloud shark.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=luphawk#/d37yyx0
He was intended for the brotherhood but I could see him going to the institute, maybe like wolverine hoping Xavier can help recover him memory.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Eranil Morathim

We would like to fill up the other slots first if possible luphawk. But yes we are open to oc's and you could put your character on whichever side you like. We do seem to have thought of less villians than heroes anyway.

Glad to see your interest in this game too.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on July 31, 2012, 11:50:42 PM
We would like to fill up the other slots first if possible luphawk. But yes we are open to oc's and you could put your character on whichever side you like. We do seem to have thought of less villians than heroes anyway.

Glad to see your interest in this game too.

Wait are we actually recruiting for the villain team? I thought villains were going to be a sort of "GM" type deal

Eranil Morathim

No, we want some villians too. Seems like it would make it more fun. By the way, did you hear anything from Adammair yet?

luphawk

Finally playing cloud shark was my first thought but I wouldn’t mind giving Sabertooth a go, if there are no other takers by the time this gets started I think I’ll play him, if someone ells wants to play him I’m good with stepping aside and playing cloud shark as a baddy.
my ideas / my f-list

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on August 01, 2012, 12:01:50 AM
No, we want some villians too. Seems like it would make it more fun. By the way, did you hear anything from Adammair yet?

Not since the last message he sent me

Eranil Morathim

Well in that case, I'll ask Adammair to give tentativley give you Sabretooth if he's cool with that, unless he's found someone to play him that is.

Ok Pale, I'll try to get in touch with him then.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on August 01, 2012, 12:05:23 AM
Well in that case, I'll ask Adammair to give tentativley give you Sabretooth if he's cool with that, unless he's found someone to play him that is.

Ok Pale, I'll try to get in touch with him then.

I could go on the villain side. Of course If I do that I could the the Black Queen herself rather than the clone. Though I kind of want to play a male version anyway and including The Black Queen is sort of like including Galactus or Apocalypse.

freakula86

hm a villain I have been known to play those more than heroes lol. I only usually play OC villain type characters though.

Adammair

Updated the OP to put Available characters first in the lists, add players, and that kind of fun stuff. *chuckles*

@freakula - if you have a villain character in mind, please write up a description, and PM it to me and/or Eranil. Also, would you be willing to play 2 characters, since I have you down for Gambit, already? If not, that's understandable.

@luphawk - Would you be willing to play 2 villains, Sabretooth and cloud shark? Again, if not, totally understandable.

PaleEnchantress

Just saying that my character is a male (mostly) who is attracted to other males. If anyone likes guy on goy role play let me know and we will hopefully get something together.

luphawk

Quote from: Adammair on August 01, 2012, 02:38:16 AM
@luphawk - Would you be willing to play 2 villains, Sabretooth and cloud shark? Again, if not, totally understandable.
I’ll think about it.  I’ve played a main and side characters in one on one before but never two separate characters and its been a while since I’ve been in a group game.  Like I said, I’ll think about it if someone ells don’t want to play him.
my ideas / my f-list

Jag

Adam, Eranil, what would you two consider Marrow as? Hero or Villain? She's not exactly hero material in the comics. She's rather violent. Going as far as joining the group called Gene Nation (a terrorist group that likes to hurt humans for their mistreatment of mutants). She hates humans (because of jealousy) and has a number of anger issues, though she does work well with the X-Men after learning a few moral standards (like not kidnapping babies and other mutants).

I'd be fine with having her on either side (or both).

I'd also like to withdraw from possibly playing Beast. I just want Marrow (cause, you know, I don't play enough violent, semi-deranged creatures). >.>

Eranil Morathim

We are now moving ant plot or character dicussion to this thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=147995.0

Feel free to come by and throw out ideas.

Adammair

Thank you, Eranil. I just modified the OP to link to the new OOC plot idea thread, and to remove any unnecessary characters. We are still looking for some, so please refer to the OOC thread for further info.

Veluux

If your Deadpool player doesn't accept the role and it opens back up - I definitely want it.

Deadpool ish my favorite.

I'd also consider playing Psylocke, my second-favorite Marvel character and favorite pseudo X-Man.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Adammair

@Veluux: I will get back to you as soon as possible regarding Deadpool.

@everyone: I apologize for my recent absence and inactivity in this thread, but due to real life issues, I will be unavailable until, at the earliest, Friday night, around 6 EDT.

I do hope to get this game started sometime in the very near future, and ask that everyone please keep us posted. Thank you.

Veluux

Quote from: Adammair on August 08, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
@Veluux: I will get back to you as soon as possible regarding Deadpool.

Awesome. No rush. I recently wiggled my way into another Avengers game that is starting up soon - and will be playing Deadpool as the lone villain until the group finds permanent power-villain players to fill the roles of Thanos and the Taskmaster. He's basically a temp villain hired on by the real bad-guys. Might end up on the good guys side at some point. Haha. I don't care. I love me some Deadpool!!!

That being said, I'm still interested for this Deadpool role if your other player backs out. ^.^

Eranil Morathim

Sounds great Veluux, we'll definitely keep you in mind and keep you posted. Would you be interested in playin Xavier or Beast as a second choice or do you know anyone who would? They're kind of critical to the dynamic Adammair and I had in mind when we thought of this and we need Xavier at least to make it work, though both would be better.

Veluux

I'm pretty packed with games as it is. The only reason I am willing to commit to this one is because I always keep my eyes peeled for my favorite canon characters. To mix up the writing of normally working with original characters. It keeps my mind fresh, and playing Deadpool keeps me on my toes. Playing two Deadpools... well that would just be orgasmic.

I'll try to keep my eye open for anyone that's interested in those roles. If I wind up in the game as either Deadpool or Psylocke I'll definitely post about the Xavier and Beast roles in my other group games OOC. I'm currently GMing two small games, and participating in two other group games of larger scale.

I decided to try my luck at landing a favorable role in this game because one of my other group games that I had a couple characters in is currently on hold with no defined restart date. Could be a couple months or longer. So I've got a little extra time open now.

Eranil Morathim

Ok well I will talk with Adammair when he comes back and also try to get in touch with Starlequin to figure out what's going on with Deadpool and let you know. As for Phsylocke I don't think anyone has expressed interest in her aside from you, unless I've missed something.

Starlequin

Actually, I've already spoken with Adammair about the Deadpool role; I assumed he relayed our discussion to Eranil, but given his apparent RL issues its certainly understandable if he didn't. I've withdrawn my application for Deadpool, so if you want it, Veluux, it's cool with me. I've decided to run an OC power absorbing villain instead, if that's acceptable.

Eranil Morathim

Now that you mention it, he did relay that to me, I just forgot. I've had a lot going on, here and IRL so I get things mixed up sometimes. Well there you go Veluux, Deadpool is open if you want to play him after all.

Veluux

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *tackles the deadpool role and tumbles across the floor locking it in a deathgrip* MINE. MY PRECIOUS!

Thanks a bunch Starlequin!

Well that was fast. I'll go post in my other group game threads about the Beast and Xavier roles! ^.^

Eranil Morathim

LMAO tell us how you really feel, Veluux.

Glad to have you aboard, hopefully you can find us an Xavier and a Beast.

Veluux

Posted in the two I figured would be most relevant to the genre. Hope it lands a role or two.

Eranil Morathim

Veluux

Not a problem. Also posted some thoughts in the plot discussion.

bubby

Eranil Morathim

bubby!!!!!

I haven't seen you in forever. Nice to see you again. I'll talk to Adammair when I see him next.

bubby

Hello dahling! *Blows kisses* I'm not totally up on her, but she seems up my alley. And I figure if I can pull off The Enchantress and not have a clue I could probably do Psylocke.

Eranil Morathim

Well if you can think of someone else you would want to play, we could probably run with that too hun.

Veluux

Bubby. You will like Psylocke. She is definitely up your alley. She's my favorite female comic character. And favorite character period from the X-Men side of the Marvelverse. She's got a ton of depth, she's a bad ass, and she's incredibly intelligent, savvy, and sexy.

And I'm not even trying to talk you into this game yet! Lol!

Adammair

Adammair

Alright, I'm back, everyone. Any news on the required characters front? Keep me and/or Eranil updated, please. See the OOC thread for more details.