Zombie Apocalyptic Terror

Started by PoisonousKitty, July 23, 2012, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonousKitty

I see this is a common topic here lately, but I thought I'd throw my own one people's ways if anyone is interested. Where were going to place this like this. The apocalypse has just recently hit maybe a couple of weeks have gone by, but unlike the whole massive scare the whole world hasn't gone up in flames. No though some right now will be struggling to survive other people such as my character will still not have let the apocalypse hit their mind yet. For example Alastair Maaisuki is a modern day cop who has recently actually right before the outbreak gone on vacation after the drug bust of her life. As soon as the outbreak hit the news her boyfriend bolted calling her nuts for staying behind, but being the stubborn southern woman she is Ali feels that this will calm down quickly only it gets worse. Your character's can be placed anywhere in the U.S., but preferably somewhere near Georgia seeing as the first supposed safe spot just like in the Walking Dead is Atlanta, GA. I'm up for any other suggestions to go along with this :)

Name: Alastair Maaisuki
Appearance:

Personality:

*Stubborn
*Straight-forward
*Respectful
*Protective
*Caring
*Hard Working

History:

Growing up in the southern part of Georgia was no easy thing for the young southern bell. No in fact it was anything, but easy. Growing up with a mother who was mentally handicapped by her mental disorder and a father who was never home Ali learned from a young age on how to defend herself. She would work hard to study and prefect her need to get far in life compared to her parents. She made her way through College and Police Academy working two part time jobs and a small intership whilest living in a small studio apartment. After finishing the police academy Ali took all the money she'd saved up and moved into a nice cozy one bedroom house in a small suburban area. From there she has worked as a hard ass cop who many in her division don't like for she is straight forward and actually unlike some of them know what she is doing.

Acid Lips

mmm you could use a bit more info on the setting, I mean there are a lot of zombie rp and that will grab attention as it is. However if you want it to last you need to provide a bit more info on the entire setting. If you want I can help you out since I have experience with zombie rps.

PoisonousKitty

That would be appreciated. i am good at rping and writing stories, but getting the plot right has never been my easy forte lol

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested in this. I'm looking forward to seeing more details manifest. I can also try to help, too, if you'd like.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Frank Reshman

I'm in.  I love zombie RP's, and I would absolutely love to join in.  I would need to see what the setting is like before I make a character however.  Also, if you would like help, just lemme know.

PoisonousKitty

I plan to make this somewhat like the zombie apocalypse of the walking dead. Mainly what we are looking at here is a couple of small groups or even singles such as my character who are either right now stuck in the mess of the apocalypse or are just now letting it hit them that this truly is happening that the dead are coming back to life. As stated this is only a couple of weeks after the outbreak started and you have to admit even with it spreading quite rapidly I highly doubt the whole world would be gone in a matter of weeks seeing as it took months and such even in resident evil for somethings to take effect. Unsure of a full out plot though, thus the reason I said anyone who has any ideas or wants to help build the plot can go for it. I want this to be a group effort I mean the people make the story and the RP ya know can't have a great group plot without the group getting a say am I correct?

TheHangedOne

I'd imagine the spread of the problem would be staunched in some areas, depending on where the setting is.  Since America is mentioned... a state like Massachusetts might fall pretty easily. The police force is under-budgeted, and private gun ownership laws are very strict (you can't even have concealed carry if you're not police or military).

Meanwhile, in a state like Maine, you don't need a permit to buy most fire arms and ammunition; you just need a photo ID to prove you're, I believe the age is 21, years old. You also see, in places like Maine, as an uncommon but not unheard of sight, kids as young as 13 being taught how to properly handle firearms by their parents.  So what you have in a place like Maine is almost as many guns as people, and millions of rounds of ammo in the state itself.

Plus, with Maine's castle law, if someone goes tromping onto your property without permission, and won't leave, you legally have the right to kill them.

Meanwhile, New York City, and other huge cities, are likely completely fallen and overrun. Maybe some survivors, but they'd definitely be having a hell of a time against a horde tens of thousands strong.

Questions for you, Kitty: Is martial law declared?  Are their nation-wide curfews, and restrictions on certain things,  like phone usage? What is the media and government response like? Have over sea troops been returned to America to help with the problem, or have they been lost due to problems in those areas?

How badly has the infrastructure been affected? Their should be some degree of issue with products reaching markets, as traditional routes become disrupted, and drivers become unwilling or unable to make the deliveries. Is the government sending out aid packages and the like to areas that are heavily affected?

Sorry if I'm overwhelming, I really am just trying to help.
Check out my poet tree!

PoisonousKitty

All really good questions and trust me your not overwhelming its best to know your environment before jumping right in.

Is Martial Law Declared? - I would say by now if it hasn't happened it will happen very shortly mostly because those whom are left in the government who haven't fled would feel that the destruction of this "problem" as they would call it would be best handled under the military, thus would give them free reign of what should go into affect.

Are their Nation-Wide Curfews? I would say yes, mostly because the government with it slowly falling apart and calling on the military for guidance shows that they know things are falling out of their hands, thus they would look for anyway to keep control of the remains of society.

Restrictions on things:

Cell Phones: I would say no on this, what I would say to cell phones is that cell service would more than likely just go to shit... some places would still have good or basic service, but right now with the world going to hell i could see a lot of places having absolutely no service whats so ever. The reason i see no restrictions is the government would be able to now tap into cell phones, thus having handle on what is going on anyways if they felt it unfit and such they would take out or incapacitate the person.
Food/Personal Items: I could see this happening most stores in a lot of places by now like you said with certain cities will be over run so those cities still under control would more than likely have certain rations made to where you could only have so much in so many days.

What is the Media and Government Response like? With this it's complicated. I would say that the media would want to get the truth out there or what they define as the truth, but even with the obvious outbreak and infection the government will still be trying to undermine the situation thus why people, like my character for example will have a hard time believing that the world has gone to hell.

Have over seas troops been returned to America to help with the problem, or have they been lost due to problems in those areas? -- With this i wouldn't say they have been lost however unless they have their own way to do it they will not have returned to american soil. Being that the government and military is in control now of everything most would see it as a possible risk to bring people over to an area that has been infected incase of possible outbreak there that caused this to begin with, thus pretty much they believe its something they can contain... (stupid right?)

How badly has the infrastructure been affected? As the world falls apart so is the matter of resources many countries who have been handling a lot of our resources have now refused to send anybody to handle the transporting of such. Only a few remote places are still handling any kind of trade with the U.S. such as weaponry for the government/military and some trades for different food and medical supplies.

Is the Government Sending out aid packages and the like to areas that are heavily affected? At the beginning they will yes once a week packages are dropped in those cities kind of like the helicopters did for Nemesis weapons in Resident Evil two only of course they are sent with heavy aid, but shorty after the rp starts I plan for the government to start cutting that off.

Raziel

Sounds like fun, and I can't turn down a good zombie RP so I'm in. :)

PoisonousKitty

For all of those who are in please fill out the character outline below :)

QuoteName:
Personality: Either 5 bullets or at least 3-5 sentences whichever is easiest for you
History: Just a few simple sentences so we understand their past and how they came to be who they are.

elfguy

Name: Kathy Standford

Appearance:

Personality: Most people would call Kathy a bitch. She doesn't care about most things or people, and just wants to have fun. As such, she spends a lot of time making fun of others, mostly nerds and geeks, and hanging around people of less than reputable stature. She has done all sorts of minor crimes like stealing, using alcohol and drugs, and even assault on various people who pissed her off. She has no problem telling others what she thinks, and while she is not very tall and has a fairly slender body, she spent enough time out on the street to learn a few skills. She's quick and stronger than she looks, able to give a knock out punch or escape a bad situation when needs be. Needless to say, she isn't someone that's easy to befriend, and unless you can entertain her somehow, she probably won't care much about you.

History: Kathy has always been a problem child, and throughout her school years, she barely made each grade, spending most of her time making money by selling drugs, going to parties, making fun of others, or doing amateur fights out in a back alley, which allowed her to keep a fit physique. So when the apocalypse hit, while most girls of her age panicked and didn't have any idea what to do, Kathy was barely phased by it. She doesn't have military type survival training, but she knows how to take care of herself. She took her baseball bat, a portable CB, and went out in the street to find food and other useful supplies.
----

TheHangedOne

Name: James "Jimmy" Carter
Appearance:
Personality:
Unfettered: When Jimmy's got a goal, and he sees a way to accomplish it, their's no stopping him. No law, no man, no gun, no situation, will stop him; unless it puts him six feet under.
Coldly Logical: Just the facts, ma'am. Emotions rarely, if ever, factor into any decision he makes.  He is also good at cutting through all the emotional malarkey and getting to the underlying logic behind everything.
Detached: He's seen some shit in his life. Their are horrors that man has perpetuated against man, and he's seen a lot of it. Because of that, he's become hardened to most things that others would find disturbing.

History: His father was a Marine, and his mother was in the Navy as an intelligence officer. He went to private schools all his life, and rarely saw the ones that blessed him with a genetic disposition towards survival.

He did a tour of service in the military proper, but once he was done with that, he decided he wanted to be a police officer. A decision that put him at odds with his parents, but which did not bother him.

He made detective by the age of 26, and has been one since, even turning down opportunities to advance his rank. He has always enjoyed field work; it's where he belongs. Not at a desk, pushing papers.

When the outbreak started to occur, it was first seen as random acts of violence and murder. But, he was privy to a few details that ended up escaping the media's attention, for obvious reasons. Like all the biting, and how some times, somebody stuffed into a body bag started thrashing around, and acting crazy until someone brained them.

As time pressed on, and their unit lost more men, and the situation in his home town got even worse, he knew that their just wasn't any winning this. Maybe somewhere else, their was a solution, but they couldn't just keep on going trying to arrest these "rioters".

With the shit well and truly hitting the fan as the game begins, he makes his departure from the comfort of his single bedroom apartment, hoping that he can find something, somewhere, to do, that will make a difference, and will help to keep those who need to be protected, safe.
Check out my poet tree!

PoisonousKitty

This is awesome more interests :) Well the next thing we need to cover are we wanting any sexual activity that goes on here light or in the BDSM area the reason being I would like to know where we lie on that and where I should post up both the Character Outline thread and the main thread :)

TheHangedOne

Honestly, when it comes to sex, I do like BDSM, but I am also fine with it being light. I don't see a zombie apocalypse as being the most ideal conditions to practice most fetishes.
Check out my poet tree!

PoisonousKitty

I'll agree there, but the reason i asked is i'm sure some peoples characters will probably want to be rough or might have criminals and so on. That was the reason I asked for I will agree I doubt with a zombie apocalypse upon them most will endeavor into fantasy sex, but you never know xD

elfguy

Rough sex with zombies? I don't see why not ;)
----

PoisonousKitty

With the zombies i'm not so sure if I could do lol, but whatever floats everyone's boat :) However I could see many of the people getting a little rough I mean its the end of the world here were talking about violence and mental instability will more than likely come about and I will say will be a mighty plus :) If were all in agreeance than I shall put this into the BDSM seeing as some acts may not be so "light".

PoisonousKitty

Panduhmoanium

Y'all wouldn't happen to be in need of another play would yall...?

PoisonousKitty

You can join the more the better :) just fill out the character outline on that thread above and you can join :)

Panduhmoanium

I get off in 25 minutes so give me about an hour and a half and I'll have it up. :D

Nekogirl Kate

Is this still open, or has it stopped?

TheHangedOne

It's been dead for quite some time.
Check out my poet tree!

Nekogirl Kate

PoisonousKitty

I'm willing to redo it though. I really wanted to do this, but sadly most of the people who said they were interested initially kind of vanished... if i can find people again I'd like to redo this one. Is there anyone out there still interested?