Rainbow Cake - Open Group RP

Started by Styx26, July 17, 2012, 01:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel Fire

Profile:

Name: Alexis "Alex" Matthews
Alliance: Herself, The All Sorts (in that order)
Job: Bakery counter "boy", Bartender, occassional thief
Preferences: Women who are actually dressed like women

Backstory: Alexis was a girl that always liked to dress in boy's clothes.  There was no questioning that she was a girl but she loved the feeling of power when she was dressed in overalls and playing with toy wagons.  She was not real sexual with her growing up in a strict Christian household but she did her fair share of work on the farm.  Her father taught her the ins and outs of making homemade whiskey and scotch, much to the chagrin of her mother.  Her mother always wanted Alex to be the proper girl but Alex would have none of that.

Taking her knowledge of alcohol making into the city, she thrived at her own small business and making a heavy profit at it... that was until Prohibition came around.  Now, she had to find a way to keep her own business going and make a living.  She slowly survived by stealing supplies to make her alcohol and hope that she could get in coohoots with a gang that would not tear her apart limb by limb.  Luckily she did find that gang in "The All Sorts" and when she told them of her abilities of homemade alcohol making, it was a perfect match for her to be the bartender of the bar down below.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Nom De Plume

Quote from: Chrystal on July 22, 2012, 09:50:55 AM
Mais Elliquiy c'est un site de langue Anglaise. Nous n'ont pas permis d' ecrir en française....

Interestingly enough, that was from memory, and when I pushed it through Google translate, it came out exactly as I'd expected.

Please note, I'm English, not American. We live next door to the country with the largest French speaking population in the world - France. So, oui, je parle un petit peut de française, I just get the genders of nouns mixed up rather a lot.

Impressive! And don't worry about it, I've lived in Quebec my entire life, went through french immersion and STILL make the grammatical and conjugation mistakes of a 10 year old. C'est la vie.

Though I do understand that it'll be a very rare thing to write in french (I'd be dreadfully bad at it in any case, so I won't push the envellope.) Besides, Jaques is trying to distance himself from his past, which makes the perfect excuse for not speaking his native language openly.
A&A

Chrystal

The same would apply to Danny. Speaking French would give her away as a foreigner.

Of course, the city the game is set in is a ubiquitous one, and could as easily be New Orleans as New York. I believe there is a substantial French speaking population in "Narlins" even now, and back in the 20s it would have been higher!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

NightRabbit

I'm super excited, this is going to be fun!
And as far as the band name, I'm all for Black Rabbits.  ;D No surprise...

Aadreal

Miss Bell and the Black Rabbits.  That has a nice ring to it.   ;D

Quote from: NightRabbit on July 24, 2012, 03:34:14 PM
I'm super excited, this is going to be fun!
+1

Praxis

Haven't read all the character ideas...but...

do you need a piano player?  A male piano player?

Apologies if I'm dim and someone has already taken that position.

OR...are you more interested in having actual patrons at the moment?

wolventears

There is already a piano player, a cello basist, a drummer, and a lead singer plus a hot lil lady singer. And I believe one actual patron thus far.
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

Styx26

Hmm... quite a bit to address here...

Ms. Parsoute, welcome to the All-Sorts. We could use all the drivers we can get.

And speaking French... I may not understand it, but I'm cool with that. One of the reasons I made the place 'Anchor Town', so it could be ambiguous as to where the city is; it's just somewhere in the good ol' US of A during the 1920's. Could be South, could be North... could be further away. ^^

Ms. Matthews, welcome to the All-Sorts. *grins* People professional with booze are always welcome.

'Miss Bell and the Black Rabbits'... I like it!

Praxis, wolventears hid the nail on the head. We've just one actual patron. But y'know...we don't have a sax player for the band yet. ^^

We've got plenty of people so far, and plenty to start it up. I'll work on getting the game set up! Still waiting for a character profile from SummerWhispers and Amazon, but you've got time to do that. :)

Thank you to everyone for being so patient!
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Nom De Plume

I think I read that Marksley plays sax (the idea being Miss Bell or Jaque singing in his stead, I guess) but we are lacking in the wind instruments that are so popular in jazz and swing.  Personally, I'd love to see a blues-y trumpet player so we can round out all the styles that were prevalent in the early 20th century. I'd make one eventually if that instrument never got filled, but in the interest of not having my head explode I'm going to refrain from making more than one character.

For now.
A&A

MzHyde

Marksley sings when it's just the band. When Miss Bell is singing, he plays the sax.

Praxis

Thanks for the information ladies.

I'll see what I can do about cobbling together a patron for approval.

Chrystal

Quote from: Styx26 on July 24, 2012, 11:23:06 PM
Hmm... quite a bit to address here...

Ms. Parsoute, welcome to the All-Sorts. We could use all the drivers we can get.

And speaking French... I may not understand it, but I'm cool with that. One of the reasons I made the place 'Anchor Town', so it could be ambiguous as to where the city is; it's just somewhere in the good ol' US of A during the 1920's. Could be South, could be North... could be further away. ^^

"Zat ees Mademoiselle Parsoute eef you don't mind..."

Actually, she isn't going to have a French accent, but you've done the "Ms" thing again... *winks* Mlle. is French for Miss, Mme. is French for Mrs. and M. is French for Mr..

Setting the story in "Anchor Town" (aka Anytown), Somecounty, UQ1 is a good idea, because it doesn't limit you to scenery or specific locations. We can have a river, a harbour, sky scrapers, boonies, a beach, whatever we want. A bit like Springfield in The Simpsons.

We've got plenty of people so far, and plenty to start it up. I'll work on getting the game set up! Still waiting for a character profile from SummerWhispers and Amazon, but you've got time to do that. :)

Thank you to everyone for being so patient!

Good things are worth the wait. Any really worthwhile group game takes a while to set up, and you cen generally judge how well the players are going to mesh by the level of inconsequential chatter in the recruitment thread. This group are doing pretty well so far as I can see...

Really looking forward to starting.

1] UQ is the state code for the state of "Ubiquitous", which is the exty-first state of the USA...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

freakula86

I am interested..

Photo:
Name:Christopher Miles
Alliance:Himself, looking for a family he fits in with.
Job:Bouncer/Enforcer
Preferences: Women, Alcohol and Good Music

Backstory: Christopher Miles grew up on the streets, he was about age 16 who took a job as a delivery boy at first until one of the families took notice of his skills when it came to fighting. Chris has always had knack for fighting, even if he was just to protect himself. Chris uses street fighting techniques and has a well muscular build. He is always usually wearing a fedora in his later years with a shirt and tie, black pants, and black boots, with black gloves. Chris moved up from delivery boy later on the years to Enforcer, although he works for himself these days he hasn't found the gang or family he would belong to in the present day. He mainly uses his street fighting as protection, but after the delivery boy days were over he was an extortionist meaning he would beat people up for protection money. Chris isn't happy about his past but one of his main dreams was to become a bouncer and try to help those out in a club or something.  [/b]

MzHyde

wolventears

In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

freakula86

gaggedLouise

She's working on it!

*plants a flag for the purpose of returning a little later for occasional, guest or supporting roles* I love that age - Styx, you seen Coppola's The Cotton Club? Must be some of the same ambience you're looking for.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Chrystal

I'm still here too....

Actually just got home from a camping trip.

Keep chatting, folks. If we chat, we bump the thread and more people get interested...

wolventears

Yep yep! which how many more players do we need for this btw? I figure more enemy gang members, yes?

Chrystal

I think we're waiting on Styx to open the threads.

I just hope we haven't put her off...?

Styx26

Hey, all. No, I am not gone, just... thinking too hard about the plot, I guess. I'm thinking that the first thread should focus on setting up the bar as the meeting place and intro for our characters, so we get a bit of background established before the plot thicken with watered down paint thinner and bullets. :) So, in regards to the band, you're waiting to perform for that evening. Rainbow staff, you're working or taking a break. Any questions?
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

NightRabbit

*twirls drumsticks in anticipation*

You got no trouble from me, darlin'. I'm ready to jam!

Angel Fire

*Stands from either behind the bakery counter or behind the bar*

It depends on my specific needs, ma'am.  Either way, I am open for business. *Spoken like a tough "boy"*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Aadreal

*rushes out of the dressing room trying to straighten her clothing, lipstick slightly smeared* What?  I thought we had another ten minutes!

wolventears

Hmm I suppose it is a lil late to be decorating cakes, *crackes finger, ready to play* I think the piano is in need of some lovin'.