Soulblades - Sakura Fubuki University [Teachers wanted]

Started by AndyZ, July 05, 2012, 05:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

He wouldn't have his power and soulblade yet, but the sudden surprise and shock of the overuse of force can be easily explained away through training, and maintain the understanding of the responsibility that comes with power.

Deryn Labeau - Approved
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kaisude

Thanks AndyZ, I'll move it to the character thread. Also I've been very sick lately so I probably won't be able to post until monday.

AndyZ

So noted.  We won't be starting up for a bit anyway to let the other people get going.

I'll see about getting you a roommate.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Sasquatch421

Ok, she's done.... I've really gotta work on my timing and not getting distracted by pictures....

AndyZ

Lihua Xiao - Approved

It's worth noting that there aren't too many concert areas, but I think I'll set up one at the hotel on the other side of the island, or maybe on the mainland.

Sasquatch421

Alrighty then I'll move her over... Yes concert arena's are important maybe even more important the churches and courthouses.

AndyZ

Just going to need one more male student as a roommate for the new one.  If we don't get one soon, I'll make one.  After that, and when Katida Desu finishes her character, I'll make the IC thread.

AidenWhite

Could I perhaps join as a male student? I'll make up a character sheet as fast as you can say "Soulblade," haha.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

1SAZ

Would you accept a librarian as a teacher? I have a pretty good idea for a librarian. >.>

AidenWhite

Side Note: I tried to put weaknesses in Cris, both socially and in his abilities, i.e. his incapability with women, him being distant, also that time it takes for a flash-step to activate, plus the added-in factor that he is only just human.
Name: Cristofolo "Cris" Farin
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Description: Blue-haired, blue-eyed, 5 foot 11 inches, 170 pounds. Fairly athletic, mainly agile and quick. Exceptional intelligence and a silver tongue, always reading the flow several steps ahead of his opponent, whether it is a game or a fight. Found usually wearing Italian leather jackets and shoes and expensive designer pants.
History: Cristofolo, or Cris, was born in Naples, Italy. Cris was born into a rather wealthy family and so he always got everything he wanted. That is, almost everything. His father runs a huge corporation that was growing at the time when Cris was just a child. His mother was all he had, but one day when Cris was only five, his mother became ill and died. After that, his father sent him to Sicily to be schooled. Sicily is notorious for being home to the worst of the worst and it was only natural that a rich kid like him was shunned and often times made fun of.

Five years later, he was walking back to his dorm after getting groceries so he could cook for himself, he was met by some kids he saw around the school he was going to. They were several years older than him, but this did not trouble Cris. This was one of the moments in his life where he showed his massive intelligence and charisma. He easily pinned accusations on one of the kids there to make everyone think that he was a traitor of some sort and when they bickered amongst themselves, he just continued to walk back to his dorm, snickering at how ridiculously dumb they were.

Since Cris spent a majority of his time alone, to pass the time, he solved puzzles and played chess online. Cris had online records pros that some pros could only dream of. He hardly struggled at school, despite that he was always sleeping and not paying attention to the teacher. After school, he usually went to the market and went to his dorm, showered, cooked, ate and then played puzzles and games until he went to sleep. Because of these habits, Cris is distant, but he was still popular with the ladies, not that Cris noticed at all since he was always reading a book or looking at the sky, daydreaming.

Cris's aptitude towards knowledge is very mature, even when he was young. He could grasp any topic and learn about it without problems. He was sometimes called upon his teacher to tutor some students because he was so good at certain topic. Cris would try, but he could never explain things to other people like he could explain it to himself. Despite all this, he was able to make a few friends because even if Cris was distant, he was still intelligent and a silver tongued devil, so he could make a few jokes and be the life of a party once or twice.

Cris's main weakness is his inability to get it together when talking to a member of the opposite sex. Because he was popular with the women, he often got love letters in his locker or got looks from some girls. Cris could not deal with this and every time he went to confront them, he couldn't get out what he truly wanted to say. Sometimes this led Cris into being dragged into a relationship he did not agree to, only for it to dissipate weeks later due to Cris being emotionally closed. Maybe if he found the right woman who could understand him, he could open up more to her.

Cris watches his health daily because his mother always reminded him to take care of himself. Even though she wasn't around anymore, he was going to respect her wishes. He worked out just enough to tone his body, but he is not buff by any means. He runs rather quick and was on the track  team for a while and even competing nationally. His speed was often called, "unnatural" or "superhuman." He ran for his track team until he graduated.

Cris wanted to travel abroad and visit new places before going to college but he got a letter in the mail describing a university for exceptional students. The people who sent the mail put in a personal message to Cris explaining that a scout saw him running during one of his track meets. Cris was genuinely interesting, seeing as he can knock two birds with one stone. He could go abroad and go to college. He packed his bags and went back to his father to tell him what he was planning to do and then he was on the next plane to the university.

Soulblade Appearance
Soulblade:Two daggers, one has the dragon, the other doesn't. The dagger with the dragon can talk.  Imagine Robert Downey Jr.
Special Power: Super-speed and super reflexes.
Like the Flash and Spiderman put together. And of course, extended use of the power puts an incredible amount of strain on the body, especially since he is only 18. The super-speed is more of a flash-step, taking a second or two to activate and because he is extremely agile and intelligent he can guess what the opponent might do before the opponent himself does and can predict the attack. However, humans do make mistakes and this means that Cris won't always guess correctly and may put his life in jeopardy because of one mistake.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

AndyZ

Cristofolo "Cris" Farin - Approved

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 13, 2012, 03:48:51 AM
Would you accept a librarian as a teacher? I have a pretty good idea for a librarian. >.>

Sure ^_^  The only thing I've said so far about the library is that it has a larger than normal occult section.

1SAZ

Alright. I'll get the write-up on here soon. I'm just trying to decide how I want to make him. There may be a few private "For GM Eyes Only" bits, but that's because I have big things in mind for him. Big things.

*cue cracks of thunder and maniacal laughter*

AndyZ

You can always just PM me the GM only bits.  I'll be heading off to bed soon, though, so fair warning.

Vaulera

AndyZ

Once 1SAZ and Katida Desu finish their characters.

Glyph

If you could still use a Male teacher I'd be happy to supply one.

AndyZ

While I hate to turn you away, and will open things up if you do want to play, all but one of the teachers right now are male so it may be tough to find you a partner IC.

I should probably clarify female teacher, though, so thank you for that.

AribethAmkiir

Nothing wrong with having an all male staff, unless of course they want to hook up with the students.   ::)

Eislynn

Name:Angelia (Angie) Hart
Sexual Preference:Heterosexual
Description:Stunning silvery hair and an extremely pale complexion is the first thing most people notice about Angie. That and her experimental fashion sense. Even though her frame is slight and petite, she tends to command attention whenever she enters a room. Her golden eyes are unique to say the least, but they have a warmth about them. She's been said to know what ails you from ten feet away with those eyes.

History:Angie had a relatively normal childhood growing up in suburbia. Her parents were neither rich or poor. As a family, they were comfortable. Angie's unique appearance often made her the subject of ridicule during her school days, but she would bear any taunts with grace and answered any insult only with kindness. Seeing she'd not make an interesting target for their teasing, most would move on. On occasions that her older brother was in earshot, he would try to pick a fight with her taunters, but would relent at Angie's request. THis is not to say that the taunting didn't occasionally get to her, but she only showed her hurt in private.

Angelia went on to study communication theory at a small liberal arts college far from home. Though she may have preferred to stay closer to her family, the school was one of repute, and she felt silly passing up the large scholarship she'd been awarded there. She met her first boyfriend there. Once college ended and they went their separate ways, she still kept in touch with him, but neither were willing to keep up with a long distance relationship.

A few years out of school, when she was 22, Angie still had no luck finding work in her field. She thought she wanted to be the PR manager at some large company due to what she felt was a real talent in reaching out to people. Unfortunately she didn't realize that she simply wasn't agressive enough for that life. She took a job with a fortune 500 company as a personal assistant in an effort to climb the ranks to what she thought was her dream job, only to find she wasn't really happy with corporate life.

Regardless, the pay was good, and within 6 months her diligence and attention to detail caused her to be recommended for the position of Ms. Knight's own personal assistant.

A few months of a harrowing schedule and 3 am coffee runs was beginning to wear on her however. After one such coffee run, she'd made it all the way back to the office when she fumbled the cup and spilled it just outside Ms. Knight's office door. Before she could even turn to leave and get another one, she heard a stern voice as she was called in.

Fearing she was about to lose her job, Angie steeled herself and walked in. Angie did lose her job that day, but not in the way she'd thought. Johanna Knight had asked her what she REALLY wanted to do. In a moment of clarity Angie told her. She'd always wanted to help people but not like this. She wanted to be a nurse.

Johanna had nodded thoughtfully, called the accountant, and set up a billing account on the spot in Angie's name. She told her to go back to school. Shocked, Angie asked what she could do to repay her.

With a cryptic smile Ms. Knight said only: "I'll call upon you when the time comes..."

Now, five years later, at the clinic where she worked, Angie received a letter. She was to come to Sakura Fubuki University to work there as the campus nurse. Angelia boarded a flight the very next day.

Soul-blade:A spiral two tined spear that manifests either in her hand or floating beside her. Sometimes purple wings of light manifest independently of the spear, but the two often manifest together as well. Her soul ability manifestation often comes with a clothing transformation as well.

Angelia Tamashii Form

Special Power:The purple wings manifest and glow blindingly bright. She can boost the healing ability of other Soul-Wielders or heal light wounds for normal people.

<Edit: Added Pictures>

AndyZ

Vaulera

Do we really have to wait for the last character to start the whole thing? Couldn't we start it and then transition in the new arrival? We are starting with moving into the lofts, right?

AndyZ

Yeah, the students are going to need more time to post in order to get used to their roommates.  I've posted all the threads on the opening post.  Characters will still be accepted, but if you want to be a student, I'll need you to have another player for a roommate in order to keep things even.

Aidenwhite, please add your character to the Character Thread as soon as possible.

AribethAmkiir

So, sorry if this is a dumb question, is the game live?

KnightNelson20

AndyZ

Yes.  Sorry for not making that more clear.  I'll let people come in for a bit more if we get more, and am hoping above all else to get more female teachers, but we can see what we can get right now.