[Dust on the Dunes] (Western/Sci-Fi RP) INTEREST CHECK

Started by Acid, March 07, 2012, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid

Yes, there's still 1 spot open for a male OR female.

kingmaster1

Genbu83

Name: Orean Gunshin
   Age : 27
   Gender: Male
   Orientation: Straight
   Height: 6'3
   Weight: 186 lb
   Appearance: A redheaded man, adorned in a long duster, that is more form fitting than bulky. The main noticable difference between him and other Drifters is the metal plates going all over his left arm. It appears to be some sort of arm'ed sleeve that he wears. Though the brightsest might be able to tell that it is something more. Like many drifters, he carries his arm, but has two methods of combat when rounds run out. His arm itself has a bayonet, but acrossed his hip is a falcata (think large kukri or well made machete/cutlass) On the back of his duster is the insignia of a winged shark.
   ARM: 9-Breaker  (Marlin 357 mare's leg with a bayonet.) , Falcata, and the Left Arm. 
   Tools: (1)
Powered Arm: Able to move heavy objects, stuck doors, and smash some things. 
Example: Broken chests or locks are removed by using this heavy spring and steel arm. Or light rocks and blocked doors can be destroyed/removed.
Backstory: Built to replace his actual left arm he lost in an accident.

Personality: Orean is stricken with wanderlust. Has been from an early age, and is still to this day. He makes must of his cash by bounty hunting, and when he can serving as crew on a sandship. Though he's generally a mellow guy with a decent nature, he's served on the Aeroshark, A pirate vessel, and has little regrets to to his experiences as a sandpirate. Though serving as crew has brought him adventure, Orean is now saving to build his own ship, and lay his own claim to fame as sand captain. He's willing to work with others, but has not lost sight of his goal. Every job, every ruin, every bounty is leading to the building of that ship. Though he's saving, and has plans for a ship, he's also seeking a crew. That being said, he doesn't carry himself like a pirate. The fact of the matter is that Orean has seen things, he's fought with and for people, and realises that everyone is just trying to do the same as him. Which is to live their life in way that makes them happy. He may come acrossed as weak or passive at first, given his relaxed nature, but he's holding back the meaner part of his life experience. He can and will fight, and will take lives. He'd prefer if things went smooth though, he doesn't want to get the reputation of a killer. It won't attract the kind of people he wants on his ship...when he gets it.

WRITING SAMPLE: Orean started his career as an aprentice sandship engineer, with hopes of seeing the world and making his fortune. The engineering trade actually was an excellent fit for the boy. His mind was sharp, and he took in the attention to detail. Engines and machines could speak, one just had to pay attention. However at 14, his foreman fell asleep on duty and caused a an accident that took the lad's left arm. Fearing he could not pull his own weight, he was abandoned by his crew and blamed for the ill fate. Left marooned on the rocks, Orean thought he'd die alone. As fate would interveen, he was left upon a smuggling stash that was used by the scourge of the region, "Daggertooth" Tom Harper. Harper's crew took Orean to be a cabin boy, seeing he only had one arm. Though it was quickly discovered the boy was better at fixing and running the ship, than their own engineer. Thus Orean became the foreman of the Aeroshark. In time, and after learning the trades of a pirate, sailor, and near-do-well, Orean managed to build an arm that would make up, in part for the loss of his left.  After almost 8 years of service Orean left Harper and his crew. All pirates have their ambition, and while liked on Harpers crew, there was not a likely enough chance Orean would make captain. Besides, all great men struck out on their own...and thus he took to the life of a Drifter, chasing the dream of his own ship, reputation, and legend.

Acid

I recommend you guys PM me your CS first so I can look it over before you post it (if you don't have access to the Edit feature.)

Genbu83

made my update...pm me if you want me to elaborate or touch on anything else.