Replacement writer wanted for Star Wars themed story (F for M/F)

Started by mj2002, September 20, 2014, 01:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj2002

Hey there!

I'm looking for a writer willing to step into an ongoing lightly Star Wars themed adventure/detective story. My character is a prison guard/local deputy on the desert planet Tatooine. After playing a dangerous game of dice, a prisoner escapes and she's forced to give chase across the galaxy in order to save her reputation/job. The escapee (your character) moves to another planet where he hides in a seedy city. My character is following various leads, some of which get her in tricky situations.

For this to work, you'll have to read through the story (~160 replies) and pick up several minor characters, taking on the role of light GM. You're free to bring in additional characters, kill characters off, etc, as long as it follows naturally from the story. I understand that this is quite a big thing to ask, and as such, please consider this carefully. If reading the story doesn't tickle your fancy, this may not be for you.

I am very flexible when it comes to this particular story. I don't mind if you're male or female, etc. I'm just looking to continue this story in a fashion similar to what it started as. If this works for you though, feel free to leave a reply here to express interest, ask questions or suggest ideas. Otherwise, do send me a PM or add me on Yahoo in order to discuss this further!

TLDR/Summary

The story starts with two characters. The female main character Audrey, a local law enforcer on the desert planet of Tatooine. She's visiting one of the nearby prison facilities (small only a few staff). Inside the compound, she checks on the different cells and does a routine walk around the place. She reaches the cell of the first main male character, Jorrel who was arrested by Audrey. They end up playing a gambling game in his cell, which Jorrel wins at which point he makes an advance on Audrey. He overpowers her and escapes, taking her clothes. She frees herself and does the walk of shame back to one of the staff offices.

There, shes confronted by a prison guard, Dorian, who demands to know what has happened and eventually takes advantage of her. When he realizes his acts have been recorded, he agrees to let her go, at which point she proceeds to head to the nearest starport in order to figure out where Jorrel fled to.

Jorrel has gone into hiding on the nearby moon called Lok, which is inhabited and ruled by gangsters and criminals. At the spaceport there, Audrey meets a youngster called Phillips who offers her to find what she needs, for credits in return. She sends him on his way to find information about Jorrel's (the escapee) whereabouts.

Audrey herself dives into a local bar, immediately running into trouble. She gets talking with a spice dealer who is clearly enjoying Audrey's looks. A hooded figure nearby is noted. The spice dealer and Audrey gamble a bit, where Audrey tries to distract the man (called Reuben), by showing him some of her cleavage. Reuben the spice dealer has loaded dice though, and soon Audrey is losing badly, to the point where shes outta credits and needs to do a little work to pay her debts. They're interrupted by the hooded figure, who turns out to be an old friend of Audrey, named Aurelian. He disposes of the spice dealer and Audrey updates Aurelian on the situation. The informer youngster Phillips stops by and directs Audrey and Aurelian to a shop, where another person may have more information.

Audrey and Aurelian head to the shop, owned by Darten, who sells information. They try to make a deal, but can't agree on a price. Aurelian takes off, when Darten offers Audrey for her to pay in a different fashion. After this, Darten directs Audrey to a residential area, essentially a slum.

Once there, she tries to get a small apartment in order to keep an eye on the building she was directed to, but also to have a place to stay. A while goes by where she finds no further lead, until she finds out about someone else who is trying to locate Jorrel (the escapee). They discuss and talk for a while, but the new lead (Zohn) doesnt seem to be able to offer her much help.

When she leaves to return to her place, she gets a call from her youngster informer Phillips who has spotted Jorrel. After some disagreements about credits, Phillips leads her to the place where Jorrel supposedly is. She finds an unlocked front door and enters with her blaster drawn. Inside, she finds both Jorrel and Aurelian. Aurelian is in the process of torturing Jorrel, at which point Audrey shoots Aurelian. She frees Jorrel and takes him back to her newly rented apartment.

At this point, the story does not proceed any further.

Characters in order of appearance;
Jorrel - escaped prisoner (could be antagonist or protagonist, rather ambiguous)
Audrey - female lead character
Dorian - prison guard (appeared in one scene, could make another appearance)
Phillips - informer/youngster
Reuben - spice dealer (appeared in one scene, could make another appearance)
Aurelian - Audrey's former colleague in law enforcement (seems to be antagonist)
Darten - information dealer, shop owner (appeared in one scene, could make another appearance)
Zohn - possible bounty hunter or detective (appeared in one scene, could make another appearance)

Thats about it for the characters, plenty of them!

What I want for this story is mostly to have it move forward at this stage. There's lots going on and there'd be no shortage in events that could follow up. Its very malleable though, and can head into any direction. My character could run into nearly anything, be pulled off course, lead to another planet, etc. There's quite a few characters listed, some may remain in the past whilst other could make another appearance if the situation calls for it. I'm really open about where this could lead, so if you have suggestions please let me know!

The original ad for this story that I had put up looked like this;

Preferably Star Wars themed. Female lead character is the head of security of a remote desert city on a backwater planet. She excels at bringing the criminals that dare to bring unrest and trouble to the small city to justice and locks many of them up in the city jail. She has a weakness for one man though and when she visits to check on the jail, she agrees to play a little gambling game to waste the time and fight boredom. Having a stroke of bad luck, she is forced to bet things other than money. This eventually leads the to the prisoner's escape and the female lead character decides to chase him across the galaxy in order to apprehend the fugitive.
Your character(s); (1-3 males) humanoid criminals, at least one dirty minded thug that's older than the main character
Key words: gambling, strip dice, non consensual
Setting: Star Wars, science fiction, OC fictional universe, (middle ages, light fantasy)

Barbarian

Umm, I fear I won't be able to help. But it would be better if you gave like a one page summary of the story. That way, people can read it and still have a grasp over the major events rather than reading the whole 8 pages.

Hope you can find someone. I would love to help as I love Star Wars, but I don't know what my work shedule will be after a few weeks, so I would not want to let you down then.

mj2002

mj2002

mj2002

Captain Whitebread

Would you expect the new writer to assume already established characters or develop their own?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

mj2002

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on September 18, 2016, 02:52:25 AM
Would you expect the new writer to assume already established characters or develop their own?
So far the story has quite a few characters entering and leaving the story, so developing own characters works quite well. The storyline revolves around the main female character chasing one particular individual though. That one character might be the exception, though he hasn't had a lot of screen time. It's quite flexible, I would say.

Captain Whitebread

I'll read through the thread and let you know if I think I can pull it off.

mj2002

Captain Whitebread

mj2002

Captain Whitebread

Must be nice. I take it Billy Ray wasn't doing it for you?

mj2002

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on February 17, 2017, 11:23:49 PM
Must be nice. I take it Billy Ray wasn't doing it for you?
I found it very difficult to advance the story there.

On that note, still looking!

xPeof

I've seen your story, and I really like it. However, I'm still relatively new to rping and have little knowledge of the star wars universe, so I won't be able to help you. Maybe later, if you still haven't found someone. I hope you do though.
To desire there must be lust
To love there must be trust

mj2002

mj2002

mj2002

mj2002

Perhaps another chance for this story? Or starting this story over again?