News:

Main Menu

Creepy goodness?

Started by Muninn, July 06, 2010, 03:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muninn

I know there was a thread a while back dedicated to discussing creepy things but I was hoping to resurrect interest in sharing some lovely creepy stories!  I'm a bit fan of creepy stories (even if it does give me the occasional nightmare!).

Pilliga

QuoteThe Pilliga Scrub is a massive expanse of thick bushland in the top quarter of New South Wales and covers an area of about 80 x 120 kilometres. Much has been lost in there, never to be found again, from sheep and cattle, to people and vehicles. Even today, it is dense and forbidding, although what used to be a dirt track that ran through the middle is now a major road called the Newell Highway.

The perfect place for some really creepy activity! Now, if you'll read the site you'll see some paranormal information on the area followed by information on the following link (audio of someone calling in to a radio station to discuss his experience):

Bongo's Tale

As the site states: 
"You absolutely must NOT listen to this unless it’s late and night and you have turned off your lights. Good luck!

Real or not, this is lots of fun!! ;D

Anyone got anything else to share? Now, not just personal experiences but things you've found online - whether they be true or not.  <3

Inkidu

The sheer amount of off-color puns I just thought up is truly, awe-inspiring.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Host of Seraphim

GAH!!!  :o

SLENDER MAN! It's been around for about a year, but I just found out about it two weeks ago... creepiest internet stuff I've seen in a long time! (Granted, though, I don't actively seek out creepy stuff as much as I used to.)

Watch the videos in the order under "Suggested Viewing Order" (scroll down a bit):

http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/the-entries

... SLENDER MAN! D:

Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

GeekFury

Quote from: Host of Seraphim on July 06, 2010, 04:45:00 PM
GAH!!!  :o

SLENDER MAN! It's been around for about a year, but I just found out about it two weeks ago... creepiest internet stuff I've seen in a long time! (Granted, though, I don't actively seek out creepy stuff as much as I used to.)

Watch the videos in the order under "Suggested Viewing Order" (scroll down a bit):

http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/the-entries

... SLENDER MAN! D:

I watched all of that in like one night a months back, scared the piss out of me.

Host of Seraphim

Same here!! For like two days I was afraid to look out of windows or go to sleep at night. The worst was in the shower. I just knew that as soon as I slid the shower door open he would be there. Waiting for me.

:o :o :o

Muninn

I've been recently introduced to the Slender Man and have just started to poke around, it looks promising from what so many people's reactions have been.  Hope to do some more tonight!

Now, here's another entry:

Ted's Caving Page

I read this one years ago and it really creeped me out.  It's rather Lovecraftian, so if you enjoy some Lovecraft goodness you may like this!  I do have to warn that it is a rather long read.

Enjoy! ;D

GeekFury

The latest episode of Marble Hornets is the best!

Oniya

Sabby posted a link to this manga a while back.  This isn't the same link, but I remembered enough to find it on another site.

http://pics.livejournal.com/kc_anathema/gallery/00069fq1

From the descriptions I've read, much of Junji Ito's work would qualify as creepy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Host of Seraphim

I love Amigara Fault! One of the first creepy internet things I ever saw! :D I have a bunch of Junji Ito's work on my hard drive. Would I be allowed to upload it on megaupload or something and share it here?

Also...

Muninn

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2010, 09:09:49 AM
Sabby posted a link to this manga a while back.  This isn't the same link, but I remembered enough to find it on another site.

From the descriptions I've read, much of Junji Ito's work would qualify as creepy.

Oh, I've read some of those!! They are creepy in the purest sense I think.  Gah! Just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Quote from: Host of Seraphim on July 07, 2010, 05:12:13 PM
I love Amigara Fault! One of the first creepy internet things I ever saw! :D I have a bunch of Junji Ito's work on my hard drive. Would I be allowed to upload it on megaupload or something and share it here?

Also...

.... *CRACKS UP*  Thank you for sharing this!  ;D

GeekFury

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2010, 09:09:49 AM

That's some creepy ass shit right there, I've heard of the movie Uzumaki, which I now know is based of his manga of the same name, this just makes me want to see the movie and read his other work more.. That's fucking chilling that one..

Oniya

There's a weird movie site I frequent (no, seriously, all they do is review 'weird' movies) that has Uzumaki on their review queue.  After reading Enigma, I'm looking forward to see how it rates on the 'weirdness' scale.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

GeekFury

I've just downloaded a ton of Ito's work and scanning through them, FREAKY ASS SHIT!

As for Uzumaki I heard Spoony once say he liked Uzumaki but no one else does, to me that's a direct challenge of my bad movie taste. I must see this film! I've seen Hiruko the Goblin and no one liked that when I saw it!