Fable-town: New Beginnings [Recruiting two more writers!!!]

Started by El Maligno, December 15, 2015, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Quote from: El Maligno on December 18, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
eh we can just twist things and say his mother didn't make it. I need him being the only one of his kind for a plot idea later.

Hahaha, well in the comic she didn't anyway. She had a litter of pups to the North Wind(with Bigby being the runt), but being wind, he couldn't stay in one place too long as it was against his nature. So he left, and the heartbreak of losing the love of her life and the father of her children basically made her pull a Padme and she died. The others went with their dad to learn about their powers and Bigby loved her so much he stayed behind and guarded her grave from anything that tried to disturb it. And he became more powerful than all his siblings eventually so if you even want to include them you can just say they were killed.

El Maligno

Yeah so powerful his children would become Gods and such I am not sure how strong I'll let Bigby be since I don't want to be too OP nor do I want people to think I am being unfair besides this story won't be about just Bigby. I have plenty of character arc ideas. Some I will need a lot of help on if it is a Fable I do not know plus I am open to ideas from you guys

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Juggtacular on December 18, 2015, 10:04:39 PM
Hahaha, well in the comic she didn't anyway. She had a litter of pups to the North Wind(with Bigby being the runt), but being wind, he couldn't stay in one place too long as it was against his nature. So he left, and the heartbreak of losing the love of her life and the father of her children basically made her pull a Padme and she died. The others went with their dad to learn about their powers and Bigby loved her so much he stayed behind and guarded her grave from anything that tried to disturb it. And he became more powerful than all his siblings eventually so if you even want to include them you can just say they were killed.

This is pretty much accurate, in fact if I remember straight how it went down for the guy was, he was the runt of the litter and he couldnt protect his mothers dead body from scavengers. So he swore he will be as big as he could, so he can get back at his brothers. Lol, which he did, he got pretty big. Pluss his daddy being the north wind is how he can huff, puf and fuck your shit up hurricane style. XD

Any way ya, I can stand by him thinking he is the last of his kind right now. It makes sense to what you want to do with the story. Generally speaking, his lineage is a non issue until you decide you want to introduce anyone as a surprise or something. Or me, lol, if im permitted to surprise.

Though I dont think being op is an issue to worry about, Bigby may be 'tough' but there is still the simple fact that he does find himself over taken often enough. Bigby being a prime example of ping ponging between power and vulnerability. After all, Woody. Ya, Woody, the woodsmen managed to beat Bigby a long time ago. So, I think a guy with an ax goes to show just how vulnerable they all are even if they are big and bad. (Though in fairness it probably stands to reason Woody would be pretty accurate with that ax lol. He was a Woodsmen.) The only beings that id say are OP are the Djin and their ultimate cosmic Pooooweeer!.

Juggtacular

He was the runt, so he became so large he basically turned into an elephant dog lol.

la dame en noir

OMGERD MY THREE FAVORITE PEOPLE ARE IN THIS GAME!

Juggtacular
Alixandre
Garuss Vakarian

:3

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL BABES!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 18, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
OMGERD MY THREE FAVORITE PEOPLE ARE IN THIS GAME!

Juggtacular
Alixandre
Garuss Vakarian

:3

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL BABES!

Garuss Vakarian

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

TheBlackThrone

I'm going to drop a CS in here soon as soon as I skim through some Grimm, Folk Lore, etc. I have an idea already for a character, but I wanted to avoid being too cliche. Worst case scenario, I see myself playing him any way, but I'll at least search for another idea first. :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Mellific

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 19, 2015, 04:17:48 PM
I'm going to drop a CS in here soon as soon as I skim through some Grimm, Folk Lore, etc. I have an idea already for a character, but I wanted to avoid being too cliche. Worst case scenario, I see myself playing him any way, but I'll at least search for another idea first. :-)

I'm curious to see just what you come up with! I think cliche can be fun, if done in the right way. ;)

O/O | A/A | MM

TheBlackThrone

Edited: This idea was dumped. ::)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I'm also going to make another character, and if I'm not allowed to have two, then this one I'm about to make will replace the one above. But I'm making a Hansel, and my friend is making his sister Gretel. ;D
The gates are open

CurvyKitten

Ideas have struck, but how many characters can we have?

EDIT: Oh snap snow white is taken...oh well. Still I call dibs on Tinkerbell and the Evil Queen!

TheBlackThrone

I think I may scrap my first character idea to fully commit to just this character. I love Hansel.

Name: Hansel

Occupation: Mercenary and Co-Owner of The Sweet Tooth candy shop.

Fable: Hansel and Gretel

Height: 6’4”

Face Claim: Beto Malficini

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship Status: Single

Abilities:

Sugar Powers: Hansel’s power runs entirely off of sugar. Depending on the types of candies and desserts that he consumes, he can perform extraordinary abilities. So far these known types of candies grant him powers:

Hot candy - Fire
Mint candy, Ice Cream, Italian Ice, Snow Cones - Ice
Sour candy - Lightning
Taffy - Stretchy
Chocolate (including cakes and brownies) - Sex Drive
Jawbreaker - Toughness
Layered Cake - depending on the layers on a cake gives him “x’s” the strength.
Cupcakes - Speed
Gummy Bears - Strength of a Bear

There are more powers to be discovered as he tries various candies and desserts, especially the ones created by his sister Gretel.

Sugar Metabolism: How does Hansel consume so much fattening sugar and still remain in good shape you ask? His body runs on the stuff. He’s since been cursed with the craving ever since he and his sister Gretel were taken prisoner by the evil witch.

Marksmanship: Guns, rifles, bows...in his line of work he's used almost every weapon from the flintlock to the SIG. Hansel, like his sister, has a gun collection, and since he favors all weapons, if he was to narrow down his most favorite gun, it would be a sniper rifle. It is the only weapon where he has time to shoot and eat candy at the same time.

Swordsman: The days he spent as a mercenary in Fairy Tale were not wasted or forgotten. He still has his old blade collection from knives to his claymore. Hansel prefers now days to kill with a knife for knives don't make much noise and he's able to take multiple lives before anyone catches wind that there's a problem.

Capable Fighter: Hansel and his sister have polished their fighting techniques over the years, adapting to the techniques of their enemies. They often spar each other to avoid complacency.

Sugar Smith: While Gretel is the Sugar Chemist, Hansel is the Sugar Smith. He melts down the candies into PEZ dispensable cartridges for quick consumation during battle. He's been working on a inoculation gun for the more highly concentrated liquid variations.

Cocoa Sense: Hansel can sense good quality cocoa. He can sense it like a bloodhound, feel it in his bones, and the higher the percentage of concentration the more he must have it!

Weaknesses:

Sweet Tooth - Hansel cannot resist sweets. If you are having a birthday, keep him away from the cake. You cannot leave the merc unsupervised around sweets. Sweets are an addiction.

Gretel - He is protective of his sister just as she is protective of him to the point that he would even take a bullet for her.

Pure Organic Cocoa - it is the one thing that Hansel cannot resist no matter what and the percentage of cocoa determines how irresistible it will be to him. It is believed that 90% pure organic cocoa will put him in a catatonic state (until it completely digests in his system). 

Reputation: Hansel and his sister have made a name for themselves working as mercenaries. On the side, they run a sweets store.

Personality: Hansel is slightly immature. He is loud, obnoxious, and arrogant - basically the little brother. He is a tough guy, but a big teddy bear at heart. He loves having any excuse to get away from the shop and kick some ass!

Bio: Blah, blah, blah, everyone knows the story about Hansel and Gretel. After Gretel toasted the witch, we were separated when The Nothing swallowed the gingerbread house before I could eat it. I lost her in the woods, and it took me several years to find her again. I pulled some jobs as I grew and discovered that I had some uncanny sugar-powered abilities. My work led me to Fabletown where I found Gretel working at a candy store. Reunited again, we used the candy store as a side business to are mercenary work. So basically bitches, if you got a problem, call us. We’ll handle it.

Likes: Candy, candy, candy, candy, candy, cookies, Gretel, cakes, sex, brownies, sexy women, candy, candy, candy, candy!

Dislikes Vegetables, sugar-free anything, unsweet tea, The Nothing (because it ate the mother fucking gingerbread house before I could!), and things that don't know how to die.
The gates are open

Bekah Boo

Ooooooo Hansel looks quite promising lol.
Excited to see everyone all interact ;3

VonDoom

And Hansel disappeared forever the day he discovered candy Nyotaimori...   >:)

Hmm. Any chance someone skilled in such things might want to design a signature thingie for this game? (putting that in the OOC thread instead, where it belongs)

Edit: Hmm. I wonder ... a few people have multiple characters, but the other character I was just thinking of might have two problems: 1) obviously Disney and 2) somewhat similar to my first character. Specifically insofar as: magical, antagonistic (though far more obviously so) and long-living ... Maleficent. Any thoughts from others? She'd be neat, but wouldn't really open any 'more friendly' or 'working class' social circles to play in.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amarlo

I would like to tentatively claim a spot in this rp. I would like to play Shahrazad :) from One thousand and One Nights

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Why hello there, stranger!  O:)

Looking forward to see what you'll do with her.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amarlo

Quote from: VonDoom on December 20, 2015, 03:17:35 AM
Why hello there, stranger!  O:)

Looking forward to see what you'll do with her.

I just bet you are  ::)

-Waves hello to Jugg also- :3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: VonDoom on December 20, 2015, 01:46:00 AM
And Hansel disappeared forever the day he discovered candy Nyotaimori...   >:)

Lol He would be all into that with sweets of course.  O:)
The gates are open

Timeless

Name: Gretel

Fable: Hansel and Gretel

Height: 5'10"

Faceclaim: Kaitlyn Fitzpatrick

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Relationship Status Single

Abilities:

Candy and Sweets Manipulation: For some very odd reason, she can create, control and manipulate any type of candy to do whatever she willed it to. Because of this, she would usually use candies for attacking and defending-wise while using this ability for combat.

Witchcraft: Stemming from that experience with the Witch, Gretel became almost obsessed in learning more about witchcraft. She mostly learns it to know the weaknesses of witches, along with making use of the witchcraft to her own benefit. For the time being, she could only heal small to moderate injuries along with casting moderately difficult spells and even making helpful potions.

Very Knowledgeable: Because of the many jobs she had taken along with her thirst of knowledge, she became very knowledgeable on how to handle any certain types of monsters and creatures to where she knows their weaknesses and how to take them down.

Marksmanship: She likes weapons, and she almost had an enviable armory of them. Because of that, she knows how to handle quite a different array of weapons. However, she usually sticks to a modified crossbow along with a pair of handguns. If the mission calls for it, she will bring a rifle if she has to.

Capable Fighter: She dislikes to be vulnerable, which is why she trains herself in knowing how to handle herself especially when she had to fight bare-handed.

Moderately High Metabolism: Oddly enough, she is blessed like her brother in where her body can consume a huge amount of sugar and yet, she still retained her rather slim and athletic build. However, her metabolism isn't as insane as her brother's - which is why she is more careful with her sugar intake.

Expert Candy Maker and Baker: She loves making sweets and candies, along with baking brownies and cakes. She always strives to be the best in that and takes pride in her skills.

Weaknesses: As much as she hates to admit it, but she really does care for her brother - even if her brother annoys her. Not only that, but she is susceptible to lethal injuries despite being a rather popular Fable. Other than that, she is considered to be quite a workaholic, especially in where she couldn't sit idle doing nothing. When it comes to sweets, she really has quite a history with them but she is not as susceptible to them as her brother is. She does have a craving from time to time, but she had managed to control it somehow.

Reputation: Gretel along with her brother works as mercenaries and had earned quite a name for themselves as being very dependable. Not only that, but Gretel had always been proud of her candy-making and baking skills.

Personality: Unlike her brother, Gretel is considered to be the mature one of the siblings. Gretel carries herself as a very intelligent, reliable and independent woman with an aura of confidence about her. Despite she can be quite sarcastic in her remarks to a point where she can be rather blunt, Gretel can be seductive if she wanted to. The only similarity between her and her brother is how she does enjoy kicking arse if there is a chance, and how she likes to get into the action — even if she tries to form a plan first before barging in head on. Not only that, but she can be quite arrogant especially in regards to her skills.

History: "I feel like everybody would had known on how our story goes. My brother did put it quite bluntly, but yes, I was the one who pushed the witch into the oven, and yes, I rescued us both in the very end. We were going to be rather happy, and I was more keen on returning home - though Hansel was very determined to eat the whole Gingerbread house. Unfortunately for him, The Nothing came and eat the whole house entirely.

Yes, he did broke down in tears, but don't let him know I told you that.

But anyways.. So right, after the house was eaten and we had to run for our lives. We got separated in the forest, and since then, we were separated for quite a long time. I was fortunate enough in where a kind couple took me briefly and allowed me to stay while I tried endlessly to find my brother. I soon left, taking odd jobs here and there.

I almost gave up though, and I settled into Fable Town before deciding to open a candy shop to earn a living. Somehow, my brother found me in the very end and we were reunited. Rather ironic, but I ain't complaining.. From there, we decided to become mercenaries especially with our experiences and skills, and we managed just fine and dandy. Now I just wish he could control himself whenever I make new batches of sweets and candies though."

Likes: Baking, Cooking, Making Sweets, Reading, Books, Knowledge, Libraries, Weapons, Sweets, Good Food, Comfortable Clothes, Intelligence, Her Brother (Of Course), Researching

Dislikes: Idiocy, Untidiness, Sour Things, Bitter Coffee, The Nothing, Persistence

Timeless

*glares at Throne* >__> I hope you're happy.. =3=

But anyways, if my sheets needs any editing, do let me know. *waves to everyone* But hello! I look forward to writing with you if.. my sheet is approved by then.

Mellific

Between my Lil Red's Sweet Shop and your Sweet Tooth Candy Shop, these Fables must have a lot of cavities ;)

-Waves and throws confetti- Welcome, welcome! I'm really looking forward to writing with all of you ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

TheBlackThrone

I see what you tried to do there! You tried to upstage me! Oh yeah! *begins dumping more ideas onto keyboard*
The gates are open

Timeless

Quote from: Mellific on December 20, 2015, 10:53:20 AM
Between my Lil Red's Sweet Shop and your Sweet Tooth Candy Shop, these Fables must have a lot of cavities ;)

-Waves and throws confetti- Welcome, welcome! I'm really looking forward to writing with all of you ^^

I have a feeling that Gretel and your Red could had been sworn enemies when it comes to their shops. XD Like, they are high competitors against each other, and thus Gretel always try to gain an advantage in making new candies and sweets.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 20, 2015, 11:10:18 AM
I see what you tried to do there! You tried to upstage me! Oh yeah! *begins dumping more ideas onto keyboard*

Whut? Nooooooo, I wouldn't do that to you.

*flutters eyelashes*