Interest Check - Star Trek - The Original Series or prior?

Started by Devil's Advocate, February 14, 2013, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

No crew list yet as I'm getting all the background information up and looking at submissions shortly thereafter.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Muse

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on February 15, 2013, 08:51:14 PM
Our first red shirt? :)

First among red shirts.  ;) 

Sorry about the crappy quality for my last post.  I think I was dozing off. 

My first choice of characters would have a shift on the helm, but could also pilot shuttles for away missions, etc. 

My second choice of characters is also orion, but a gal, so unless I'm missing something about the crew dynamic here I'd probably have more fun with the helmsman. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thesunmaid

I love next generation although i admit original holds a special place in my heart since Shatners Canadian. As well as there's an old cemetery on the west side of the city with a head stone that made me smile because it said Captain James T Kirk. born 1783 died 1823 loving father and husband and a faded engraving of what i think is a schooner.(really old head stone made of what looks like sand stone* He was a sea captain but still makes me smile.

But I still like next gen better. I would be very interested in playing in a game if there is one yes. :)

I always found trill fascinating...just because in the past I have run games and I always liked when i run games using parts of peoples backgrounds in my plot...so as a character you can have a reason to have a bunch of random interesting stories in your experiences. and not have to have been there yourself but the memories of them would be there.

I am all for freeform. I like making shit up as I go. It can make for interesting especially if you get a group and see how they interact :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

RedEve

Intrigued by this, I have been hoping to join a new Trek game on here ever since Starbase Tesla died.
I have a slight preference of the next gen setting.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: thesunmaid on February 17, 2013, 02:21:16 AM
I love next generation although i admit original holds a special place in my heart since Shatners Canadian. As well as there's an old cemetery on the west side of the city with a head stone that made me smile because it said Captain James T Kirk. born 1783 died 1823 loving father and husband and a faded engraving of what i think is a schooner.(really old head stone made of what looks like sand stone* He was a sea captain but still makes me smile.

But I still like next gen better. I would be very interested in playing in a game if there is one yes. :)

I always found trill fascinating...just because in the past I have run games and I always liked when i run games using parts of peoples backgrounds in my plot...so as a character you can have a reason to have a bunch of random interesting stories in your experiences. and not have to have been there yourself but the memories of them would be there.

I am all for freeform. I like making shit up as I go. It can make for interesting especially if you get a group and see how they interact :)

I would direct you to https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165965.0 and https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165968.0 for information on the game.  We're playing on a Constitution refit in 2294, which is just after The Motion Picture (Old Series) ends.  So we're between TOS and TNG.

Quote from: RedEve on February 17, 2013, 05:01:17 AM
Intrigued by this, I have been hoping to join a new Trek game on here ever since Starbase Tesla died.
I have a slight preference of the next gen setting.

Please see above response.  All Trekkies welcome. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Tharic

Just dropping this here.. i may possibly be interested but i'm wondering what the timing is. So far in the IC thread it's looking to move pretty fast. Not sure I could keep up with something that fast..

Branwen

Fuzzy time.  Just pick a partner whose time matches yours.

And hey.  :)  Glad you are looking, Tharic!

Angel Fire

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Tharic

Quote from: Branwen on February 18, 2013, 11:06:55 AM
Fuzzy time.  Just pick a partner whose time matches yours.

Okay, so dumb that down for me more..

Branwen

We have big blocks of time to play in, unless we're in an action sequence.

For example, right now we are in the early morning to, say evening of Day 1.  I could post with Angel Fire at 9:30 in game time and write a scene with you at 11:30 game time while she's writing a scene with Muse at 8:00 PM the same day.  So long as we stay consistent with the story, it's okay.

And DA will give us plenty of warning to wrap up scenes before a time change.

Tharic

Hmm.. okay. So reading it sequentially is somewhat impossible, I'll have to adapt my brain for that concept.

Interest, thanks Bran..

Branwen

Quote from: Tharic on February 18, 2013, 11:15:49 AM
Hmm.. okay. So reading it sequentially is somewhat impossible, I'll have to adapt my brain for that concept.

Interest, thanks Bran..

You're welcome.  If it gets too much, just only read the scene you're in and skip over others except GM posts.

Ascia

Quote from: Tharic on February 18, 2013, 11:15:49 AM

Interest, thanks Bran..

Don't worry, I'm just as lost. <3

Ascia

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Branwen on February 18, 2013, 11:14:14 AM
We have big blocks of time to play in, unless we're in an action sequence.

For example, right now we are in the early morning to, say evening of Day 1.  I could post with Angel Fire at 9:30 in game time and write a scene with you at 11:30 game time while she's writing a scene with Muse at 8:00 PM the same day.  So long as we stay consistent with the story, it's okay.

And DA will give us plenty of warning to wrap up scenes before a time change.

I'm so glad that you can translate for me, Bran.  :)

Quote from: Ascia on February 18, 2013, 11:39:35 AM
Don't worry, I'm just as lost. <3

I don't know, Ascia, it looked like you had the concept right on the head when I read it!

Quote from: Tharic on February 18, 2013, 11:42:12 AM
That's not reassuring me Ascia! ;)

Do not feel intimidated, Tharic.  This way, conversations can continue for however long (After all, some people (not me) find it hard to hook up together to JP) and scenes can move along without waiting on one person.  I'm very user friendly and whenever/wherever you need help, I'm more than happy to do so (or apparently Bran, as well).
O/o's

A/a's

Ascia

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on February 18, 2013, 03:36:42 PM

I don't know, Ascia, it looked like you had the concept right on the head when I read it!

Turns out I learn fast. (Or just copy the formatting from someone else's post to fit my own needs.)

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Ascia on February 18, 2013, 04:50:11 PM
Turns out I learn fast. (Or just copy the formatting from someone else's post to fit my own needs.)

In other words, you're smart. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Ascia

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on February 18, 2013, 05:05:36 PM
In other words, you're smart. :)

Smart and/or trained not to let something I don't know stop me, because 'can't do it' isn't an answer in the USN. w00. =)

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Ascia on February 18, 2013, 05:09:36 PM
Smart and/or trained not to let something I don't know stop me, because 'can't do it' isn't an answer in the USN. w00. =)

Love the Can Do spirit!
O/o's

A/a's