The Grey House (EX Murder Mystery)

Started by GloomCookie, September 01, 2011, 03:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Miranda Grey, widow of William Grey, and former owner of Grey House.  Turning up dead one night due to mysterious circumstances, the entire town of Inglebrook, Rhode Island is abuzz.  The doctors claimed it was natural causes, but it happened so suddenly after strained daughter Elizabeth moved back into Grey House.  Now, a set of strangers around town have suddenly received strange letters requesting their presence at Grey House for the reading of Lady Grey's will.  Is it all just coincidence?  Or is there more to the strange daughter Elizabeth than meets the eye?

The game is simple.  I play Elizabeth Grey, who may or may not have killed her mother.  You are a random stranger who happens to be the recipient of the invitation.  You will arrive at Grey House, where you will basically wine and dine until it's time to read the will.  The will states that in order to collect your share of Lady Grey's vast fortune, you and the others must spend three days in the house.  The will also specifies that if anyone can piece together the reason each has been brought to Grey House, they'll receive the entire will.  So, the game is focused on everyone trying to discover the pieces of the puzzle.  But will greed lead to some rather unfortunate accidents?  Or is there more to the bizarre house than previously thought?  Sign up and see.

I would prefer you try and dress appropriately for the early 20th century, and pick an appropriate occupation.  Women would be nurses or housewives, men could be doctors or officers of the law or lawyers, etc.  I'd prefer you avoid certain professions like prostitutes, homeless, etc.  I want respected professionals who are temped by greed and opportunity.  Imagine if you were playing Clue.  If anyone wants to play House staff, you may do so.  We'll probably need a maid and butler.

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

abandoneddolly

Oh I would be very interested in playing maybe a nurse

BigBuckBob

interested.    I'm thinking professor of psychology.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Foxy DeVille

Would a temperamental opera singer work?

GloomCookie

Aye, temperamental opera singers work.  I'd prefer only one of each general type of employment (entertainer, police, doctor, professor, etc.) so that we each have unique skills and moods.

Character Sheets Please PM them to me for approval.

[size=12pt]Portrait (required)
[b]Name:[/b] (required)
[b]Age:[/b] (required)
[b]Gender:[/b] (required)
[b]Sexuality:[/b] (required)
[b]Profession:[/b] (required)

[b]Brief Bio/History:[/b] (optional)

[b]Temperament:[/b] (optional)
[b]Additional Information:[/b] (optional)[/size]

Name: Elizabeth Grey
Sexuality: Experimental
Profession: Unemployed

Brief Bio/History: Elizabeth never got along with her mother, believing her to be a prude who wanted to wrap people around her thumb.  She moved out at the age of 15, being sent off to a school to try and teach her proper lady-like behaviour.  She remained away for over a decade, only returning at  the age of 27.  To make matters suspicious, her mother died just a week after Elizabeth returned home, casting her as the lead suspect, but no direct evidence was ever found.

Temperament: Manipulative, cunning, cool
Additional Information: Current owner of the Grey House and a tad bit insane.
My DeviantArt

lovelygirl

Linna, stop coming up with good ideas, lol. No I am not stalking you either. I'd do a housewife if you get some more interest. ( If you'll have me)
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

TanaSilver

I'm interested in joining, as a high society dilettante.
O/O

elfguy

Pretty hard to find a picture that would fit that era but I think this one could do:
Portrait (required)

Name: (required)
Lena Rowena

F

Sexuality: (required)
Straight

Profession: (required)
Businesswoman, owner of a small coffee shop in town

Brief Bio/History: (optional)
Lena is from a family of immigrants. Her parents came to the US in search of the American dream. Her father opened a small coffee shop and the whole family worked in it. He died quite young due to an unknown disease however, and her mother has always been too weak physically to run things. In fact while she grew up, Lena took care of her younger brother and mother as well as helping in the store.

Now that the younger brother went off to join the army, and the father died suddenly, she inherited the family store and keeps it going as best she can, with mostly regular customers. She is not rich but she's doing alright. Her dream is to soon meet a gentle man to which she could marry and one day pass on the shop to their children, but so far she's been so busy with taking care of both her family and the business that she hasn't had time to find someone.

When the letter arrived, her first reaction was to not go, since she figured she had way too much things to do. But her mother insisted, saying that she badly needed a break.

Temperament: (optional)
Friendly, focused on her work, sure of herself

----

GloomCookie

Ok no more powerful women.  Seriously, I've got three girls, all of them rich and powerful.  I need guys, and I need more diverse professions.
My DeviantArt

elfguy

Quote from: Linna on September 10, 2011, 11:30:26 PM
Ok no more powerful women.  Seriously, I've got three girls, all of them rich and powerful.  I need guys, and I need more diverse professions.

Well mine isn't rich and certainly not that powerful but I see what you mean.
----