Japanese stone torture [NC, EX] - Looking for dom M or F

Started by AurelieCatena, February 04, 2012, 08:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AurelieCatena

I'm currently craving to play an extreme RP loosely based on the following video of the traditional japanese stone torture (slabs of stones are added on the thighs of a girl kneeling on a series of wooden wedges):

It would be non-consensual and I would play the role of the tortured girl. I'm looking for a cruel, sadistic M or F.

Please contact me if you are interested so that we can begin to build a story around it.

AurelieCatena

The plot is open. It might be modern or historical (although I must confess I have little knowledge about Japanese history).

I believe this form of torture is traditional. It was a legal form of punishment at some point in Japan, although don't know what offence of felony was punished like that.

If anybody knows more about this I would be very interested to learn about it.

AurelieCatena

I received the following usefule pieces of information about that torture method:

Quote from: Michi No SoraStone slabs used in that fashion were for interrogation. Usually in the mid 1700s and almost only in homicide cases and specific felonies. It was one of four allowed interrogation methods, though only suspension torture was considered true torture by those methods. When used by the police, these tortures were only allowed for specific amounts of time and only allowed on specific body parts, anything more would be considered illegal. Policemen who broke these specifications were themselves punished.

The Stone torture that you're asking for had very specific regulations. Each stone was not to weight more than 100lbs and only three were allowed to be placed on a victim. And the board they knelt on (called an abacus board) could only have ten edges. This method was the most common for obtaining a confession (which was almost always needed to convict in Japan at the time no matter how plausible the evidence). It was outlawed in 1879.

This gave me ideas for a few possible stories:

• Back in the 18th-century Japan, a "mad scientist" is be asked to improve on the technique or experiment with the number of slabs, number of edges. Breast torture could be added by sandwiching the breasts between the slabs as the pile reaches torso level. And maybe the tongue as well...
  • A semi-consensual scene could involve a contest between fans of historical torture implements trying to see who can resist more.
  • My favourite scene would be a "historical" one where a European and a Japanese torturer are contesting to prove whose technique is the most efficient (the European technique might be a stretching rack, strappado or water torture, etc.). I would play a poor death-condemned girl who is passing back and forth between the two torturers. At any moment she can say "STOP", in which case she would be slowly killed by the other torturer. This would ensure that she would designate the most efficient torturer by preferring to be killed by the other one (I would then designate the European torture as the winner, so that the story can end with my character slowly killed with the stone slabs.

By the way, I am looking for the japanese name of the stone torture, so that I could have more success when googling for it.

AurelieCatena

I am calling this torture method "Japanese stone torture", by want of a better term.

Does anyone know the official name of this torture? Either in Japanese language, or as a translation of it?

kylie

I'm no expert on the history or usage, but Googling about: 

It looks like it may have been called ishidaki (石抱), commonly translated as "pressing stone" technique.  I usually associate the verb "daku" more with embracing or holding something -- unless that's another meaning I'm less familiar with.  But common acceptance and diffusion of a loose translation would not surprise me there.   

I also see one post so far (the link mentioned at the end) that says it may alternatively be called sorobanzeme (算盤責).  This, I would roughly render as [the victim] being wedged between the rungs of a soroban, or ridge shapes (below the legs) akin to those found on a mathematics abacus. 

I suspect there are some kana missing at the end of those kanji compounds if you were to write them in a modern letter, but I'm not positive: Anyway, during the Edo period I guess they could (I want to say, probably would?) have just written the Chinese characters and left it at that?  I haven't looked far into historical Japanese language too recently. 

For an amusing graphic for overworked students, here's a modern alternative image from manga.  The text with it reads: "We're just getting started..."  ::)

AurelieCatena

Thanks very much! This just gave me two new key words to google for.