Looking for a GM for Pathfinder.

Started by Blinkin, July 25, 2013, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pretty in Pink

[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Countdown0

So, a few matters to talk about.

1. How is everyone's character coming along? Not a rush, just want to know where everyone is at.

2. Is anyone dropping or otherwise rethinking their desire to play this game?

3. How much system do you all want this game to have? Are we going full on dice rolls for almost everything, or are we going light on system, or anything in between?

4. How dark do you all want this to be? Obviously, slavery is a little dark, but how dark do you want to go? Lets say, scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "You see a dead person," and 10 being babies killed in the arms of their mothers, who are being strangled with the intestines of the father, by the uncle who raped the mother, etc. etc.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

1. Rhapsody Lexiphon is done.

2. Nope, still here, still want to play.

3. I'm good with any amount of system, no matter how much or little.

4. I'm good with... like... a 7.

Countdown0

Is she the one on the let or the right in the picture?\

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

Oh.  Sorry.  :P  She's the one on the right.  She has a lute.  I just need to finish spending all her money and get her basic adventuring gear.

Blinkin

Lara is done.

Still very much here, it was my thread, afterall. lol

I tend to go with the middle ground with system and mechanics. If something is important, a roll comes into play, combat pretty much has to have the dice, but if it's mundane things like walking down a street that's already abandoned, stealth rolls seem silly.

I'm leaning toward a 6 or 7 max on the ick-o-meter. More than "You see a dead body," but less than super-detailed descriptions about said dead body. For 1, it's usually not neccessary, and for 2, if we have to ask questions, we actually may find out information that lets the characters learn without being handed everything... I'm a big fan of letting the characters/players find out things via role-playing and asking questions... then they can deduce things and it's more than just a fluff game.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Countdown0

Stealth rolls will only come in to play if I feel that you're trying to sneak around near particularly perceptive individuals.

For example, against a typical everyday person like, say, a nanny, no roll is really necessary as long as you have the skill trained.

On the other hand, trying to sneak up on a dragon will require a stealth roll, since they are very protective of their hoards :D They will also get an opposed perception check if they they know someone is around.

Question though. Do you guys trust me enough to roll the dice that I have to roll in real life? I don't particularly want people being able to figure out exactly what bonuses certain enemies have by seeing the math, you know?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Well, with the exception of picking locks, finding and disabling traps and such rolls, I tend to like to roll my own dice. Dicebot hates me, but I feel like I have that control over the character. The rolls that you make for characters (Again, lock picking, disable traps, etc) is fine, opposed rolls and those that you feel that you need to make are all part of the traditional GM role... no pun intended... I've never rolled dice in front of players just so they can't figure out what's what too quickly or even know what I was rolling for. I would often just pick up a D20 and roll it for no apparent reason at all and say things like... "Ut oh... Oops... "Oh my..." just to keep them on their toes. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

I believe my views coincide with Blinkin's here on all counts. 

And I'm good to go. I'll give Luna and Heph a nudge sometime today. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

1. Still need gear, but I'll have that done before we start. Working on it now, in fact.

2. No dropping or rethinking on my part!

3. Blinkin's idea of a middle gound sounds good to me, though I can be pretty flexible.

4. I'm good with 7.

Ixy

Withdrawing my interest submission earlier-- good luck all :)

Muse

Oh!  Much sadness.  Good journey, Ixy! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Hephaestus

1.) Almost entirely done. Need to pick up a few nuances like bedrolls but I have all my major equipment picked.

2.) Definitely still here and interested.

3.) I prefer to find out how a battle is going descriptively so you rolling your real life dice is fine. I mean I dont need to know that they have to roll above average to hit me or are near guaranteed to hit me. I am a system gamer but I dont have to have proof.

4.) I am fine with most levels of darkness in game happenings. Its a good motivator to hear that the bad guys are bad. Im not particularly squeamish in any regard.
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

sullivanthedreadlord

Is there a spot open? I have a few characters sheets filled out in regards to characters for the world of Pathfinder and I have the books on my computer.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Muse

Hey Sulivan.  Countdown hasn't chimed in here in a little bit, but we did just have an apliation withdraw. 

Maybe you should PM him? 

Maybe we both should...

Hephaestus

If there is a character/cast thread Im not aware of...
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

Countdown0

Hey, I'm still kicking around here, and yes, this is an opening as I recall.

However, some real life stuff has dropped in on me, so I'm not going to be able to act as GM/DM for this game, given the time consuming nature of running a campaign that, well... doesn't suck.

I'm very sorry about this, but I just don't feel like I'll have the time to actually run a campaign and design encounters, so I'm out.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Muse

Aw, much sadness.  BUt thanks for saying so.  N ow we know to look for another. 

Blinkin

Regardless of the best laid plans, life will always find a way to step in and fuck it up. Hope your RL issues get handled without too much disruption.

So... we're in the market for a GM again.. Refer to post #1 if interested.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

I know it's not pathfinder, and your level desires are a bit more mid range than mine but I'm looking to play some 13th age if anyone is interested.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Blinkin

Don't know anything about it.

And, as I was the one looking for a Pathfinder GM for my story idea, I would prefor a pathfinder game. Everyone is, of course, free to play your game with a different concept. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

steelsmiter

Right, yeah I'm not trying to horn in on your game or anything ;D sorry if it looks like I am.
oh and if I've outright made a breech of etiquette, sorry.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ghostwheel

Just wanted to throw in my hat as well, my earlier post is in the thread but I'm keeping an eye on it off-and-on. Please let me know if the game goes through :-)

Have an idea for a fiendish tiefling alchemist :-D

Muse

Hi everyone. 

Luna and I talked about it and we'll run.  We'll also still have characters, and DM against each other as needed. 

This means we'll be accepting the full spectrum of Paizo game sources, and also dream scarred press.  We'll accept other sources on a case by case basis.  (Especialy since this is a custom world.) 

This also means you get to add 2 Traits to your character. 

We'll stick to the Golarion pantheon for simpicity, but might slip some other things in. 

Let’s see, who do we have so far: 

Blinkin
Hephaestus
Luna
Pretty in Pink

Wow, is that it? 
Okay, first invitations to Countdown, Ghost Wheel, and Sulivan the Dreadlord. 

Ghostwheel, can you tell us a bit more from what you like in a game, including from an erotic game? 

Muse

Quote from: Ghostwheel on August 14, 2013, 03:48:34 PM
Just wanted to throw in my hat as well, my earlier post is in the thread but I'm keeping an eye on it off-and-on. Please let me know if the game goes through :-)

Have an idea for a fiendish tiefling alchemist :-D

Ghost, I'd welcome an alchemist, and don't mind a Tiefling working against his or her heritage, but note that this is a good party.  I imagine the major alignment is Chaotic Good.