"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: WingedServant on June 28, 2011, 01:45:28 AM
@Clockwork. What I said, was what I meant. What you saw, was all you got.

Life's too complicated to add spices that don't belong, and nobody finds tasty.

: /

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 28, 2011, 01:40:27 AM
I actually was merely picking a few examples from the entire era - from it's BC/early-AD roots to the 1900s.  I guess I didn't make that clear.  Maybe I should have mentioned some other families, like Wei, to broaden the perspective?

@WS Does that mean you think I could go with something better?

Don't sweat it. I figured that was likely the intent, but I paid good money for those courses. *smiles and kisses the back of your hand again* You're cute when you blush, by the way.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Xunzar on June 28, 2011, 02:38:02 AM
Don't sweat it. I figured that was likely the intent, but I paid good money for those courses. *smiles and kisses the back of your hand again* You're cute when you blush, by the way.

<promptly obliges Xun with a very brilliant one of those...>

A/A

o_O

johnny5

Sooooo ummmmm what is going on with the whole consequences of the manipulations?

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: johnny5 on June 28, 2011, 02:44:27 AM
Sooooo ummmmm what is going on with the whole consequences of the manipulations?

Can't decide >.>;  I like all the ideas, though... well, most of the bits of them, at any rate.  I do agree with your dislike of the color changes.  Love the bit about children being more sensitive to, and skilled with... I've always been fascinated by the hypothesis concerning children's psyches and poltergeist phenomena.

Trying to figure out a nice balance that differentiates the cultural regard (Paramnar would have more consequences to deal with, given their larger field of mastery) without overcomplicating things.

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

How's this sound, Xun?

QuoteTo best describe the "world" of Paramnar, imagine stepping back into Earth's ancient, Imperial China, Japan, and other, asian territories; China's being an era enriched with cultural development between late BC to the early 1900's, and Japan's being an age of monumental figureheads - such as Oda Nobunaga - existing between mid-1800s to mid-1900s. Other historical figures include Sima Yan of the Jin Dynasty, the legend of Sun Tzu, and Genghis Khan, to only name a few.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Thanks, Clockwork. I realize it was petty, but still. *smirks slightly* So cute when you blush...*winks*
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Xunzar on June 28, 2011, 05:01:38 AM
Thanks, Clockwork. I realize it was petty, but still. *smirks slightly* So cute when you blush...*winks*

So... it's better >.> ?

<mutters about someone being too damn charming, and blushes some more>

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 27, 2011, 11:19:42 PM
Hmm.

Plenty of good ideas being thrown around by all of you.

Though I finally passed out, pretty hard, so I need time to drink my coffee and ponder on all of this.

@Aiko I'm a bit surprised that you didn't react to what I snuck into Paramnar's description.  Considering our conversation in the Doormat a while back, I would have thought you'd "glomp" on that ;)
haha I was going to jump all over it but I wanted to make sure I completely understood it and I didn't want to make an assumption *giggles* But ya I am real excited about it :) I have been focusing alot on this art work too. Its taking me longer to get done :( But I got some good content now still looking for more

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 28, 2011, 12:53:06 AM
Above all else, I have decided that this:

Is an absolute YES.  Not only did this make me giggle (and I love kung fu movies, no matter if they are "bad" or good), but yes.  Fantastic idea for Paramnar.

I think that the child concept was also the best part of Aiko's contribution.

I don't like this bit:

It's too much of an Earth concept.  Which is very true, here, but we are trying to divorce ourselves from Earth concepts and limitations thereof, right?

--

I'm still mulling over the best way to merge the concepts I like best from all of your suggestions.  Lots of great ideas, here.  You're all awesome.

And this is why I said my idea could be ripped apart. I tried to take just aspects of everything I knew from all the histories of earth and tried to break it down into one concept every history has pretty much. So I didn't want to give you an idea that was completely alien either so you could rip at it and configure it in a way that fits better in the world :) I am glad you liked it. I thought the dangerous part of children was a good concept and this is why...

Children's imagination can be extremely dangerous due to how crazy their minds work. So give power behind those thoughts and well what stops a child from thinking end of the world and it happens hrmm? :) It was just an idea to limit how far an imagination can run without a cap to how devatating an imagination could get and why children become less powerful when growing up they start losing that imagation :) Not every child does lose that imagination! Every real good book writer, story writer etc in the world never lost that imagination from child hood.. And thats basicly what I was stating when I wrote that up.

Since you put that concept in of children being powerful in mystcism I wanted to draw that out more and I am really happy you liked most of it. I just wanted to put a reason behind it. So the dangerous part can be ripped out due it being too earth like. We can keep the majority of the part and just the power caps out in children due to their imgainations going TOO FAR! to the point that the essence patterns they see and sense can only do so much? :) Thats another way of doing it, I am not sure how to keep it realistic and do an alien idea.. It could also just be more supernatural then too thats another option.

Sorry I haven't been around much to discuss all this. Been really working on finding good content for 3D art for this story/world.

Aikochan

Clockwork! It just came to me!!! Since you, and I both really enjoy the asian cultures and such.. Why don't mix in a bit more asian spiritualiness to the energy manipulation too? Instead of me taking every historical belief and breaking it down into one base concept that everything has in it.. Why don't we take it and re-work it into more of our own style sorta asian in belief..

*coughs* chinese emporer and the city of soldiers? for example..

Death: Death is not death as human beings see death really.. Death is actually just a release of the energy you borrowed from the life flow and when you die the energy you borrowed to be alive returns to essence that flows. So the concept of having things when you die is brought with you to your next life or the 'after' life. So that emporer had an army of soldiers and thought since he was immortal that his army would be there with him to protect him in the after life. (Now this doesn't have to work exactly that way. It could be a simple belief people think) When actually your energy goes back to where everyone is joined and came from. The essence of life, like that water pond I explained earlier in the sense. But its different.. Children can see this so much easier and can manipulate it easier because they have no limit to how they see and preseive things. So thats what makes children so special.

Society can't dictate to a child this is how things work like they can to an adult.. So people that grow up from the child like mind the manipulator users never actually grow up in that sense so they can still manipulate things. (This is simuliar to what I was explaining but its different.) Children have not changed any but now its more limited to what they believe and what they can do.

I have done alot of psyche studying on childrens minds and they all have something in common when it comes down to supernatural.. Its their imagination so to say. Cause litterly society states this is wrong and children don't understand why believing in faeries, spirits, etc is wrong cause they litterly see things that their minds think their seeing.. So then it explains why children see things adults don't. An Adult's imagination stops seeing these things due to society saying its wrong.. So if no society states its wrong what stops a child that grows into an adult to stop believing in what they do? And what stops their imagination? Nothing does!!! So there for now children that manipulate energy grow up into adults that still can manipulate energy! So now all I did was took out society states blah! and you get imaginations that are limitless now.. So now a mind can precieve so much more than the average adult person.. So say..

A person has a facination with fire, well they develope the manipulation to control fire because thats what they wanted as a child.. So now your uncapping alot of spiritual beliefs that now fits in with alot of different concepts and now no one is wrong for believing a certain way because a child was never wrong for thinking the way the did.. Of course I am still being a bit open ended with this idea and not closing in full detail..

With this idea, I can't cap it or limit it because now your thinking unearthly. See my point now? So the minute we cap this it goes from unearthly and alien too earthly and too much like reality..

Its a really hard concept to explain too. I hope I did a good enough job and helps out.. But now this allows people to really be open to even technoligies and limitless possibilities.. Even like this..

My character (if it ever goes through and approved the original) Well she may have believed that she always wanted to be an automaton and she manipulated energy (essence) and wove her fate towards to that actually happen... Cause she thought it was possible. (This is only an example) So because she imagined it so strongly it actually happens.. and only happens with children because by the time they are an adult what they saw and wanted already been woven into what they become and can't change themselves cause they now longer possess that kind of imagination to change themselves.. So you still have adults that still have that imagination but now since no adult truely has the exact same imagination as a child (some may still) so their ability to change things goes down to what they wanted all their life.. Sheesh this is hard to explain! lol.. You really have to think outside the box on this idea.. Now you may not like the idea of a child stating their fate or weaving themselves into what they will be later but its different and alien like.. What stays asian is the idea of every one is essence borrowed from Well lack of better word (life stream) alot of asian culture his simuliar.. Borrowing more ammounts of that energy allows people to manipulate energy..

I dunno its food for thought :) Use what you want destory what you want with the idea, pick it apart if you want. :)

Just trying to help out so I can finally get a character too :)

*blushes and serves us tea and puts herself and clockwork in a kimono or a yukata :)*

ClockworkShadow

I have some notes to post concerning manipulation consequences in the works.  The level of differentiation between child - adult as well as Nu Logikus - Paramnar is giving me pause, however.

Aiko... I'm entirely too tired to figure out how to phrase a concise response to your posts, though I thank you for your creative effort.  I look forward to seeing the products of your art.  But please, don't spend too much time on it, either.  It is, after all, a roleplay, not the next epic novel of the decade.

I will think on what you have said, hopefully sleep, and get back to you.

To the rest of my crew, thank you, especially, for your patience, and I am always willing to hear further thoughts concerning the manipulation consequences... especially levels of relative severity.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Take your time hon. Seriously don't burn yourself out. And taking the time to do art work is a thing that has to be done else it won't be good.. The hardest part is getting the right content thats what I am doing and what is taking a good portion of time...

Consquencies for Energy Manipulation? Well I know of some good ideas for that too if you want to hear my ideas for that. I just need to know if you want it non-lethal to lethal, or mental problems that come with it etc. I don't want to flood you with different ideas for one concept. So what I need to know is this..

Do you want physical problems, mental, spiritual, or a mix of all, and a list of things that goes wrong if you don't keep yourself charged or what? :)

Also does this include automatons? Or People? Or Both? Cause I can give a list of automaton ones and people ones. I got good ideas for automatons more so, and more backlash ideas for human. It depends on the lethality you want.

ClockworkShadow

I am braving bright lights long enough to apologize to my patient players.

I am presently dealing with a migraine (posting here, since not everyone can PM).

I will resume progress toward the launch of the RP when I can get it under control.  Quite sorry, guys. : /

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

It's ok.. i've been slowed... by distraction and work

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 30, 2011, 02:53:46 PM
I am braving bright lights long enough to apologize to my patient players.

I am presently dealing with a migraine (posting here, since not everyone can PM).

I will resume progress toward the launch of the RP when I can get it under control.  Quite sorry, guys. : /
Its ok I got distractions, this new Daz does not work well with me so I am trying to find older verisons that will work with updated content. Its not easy to find a good link. They don't keep up older verisons. so blah.. But I got some awesome awesome women models, and I found some other models to for g-rated pictures of 3D art renders of children in victorian outfits and wow its alot easier to find victorian clothes for young teens and such then adult woman. I am trying to figure out if I can even post it at all. I know I can't post links to my art website. I think thats ok since its renders out of Daz Studio/poser, they don't allow for anything above g rated. But I wanted to tell you clockwork, I can make all aged range stuff now with all the content I got. I did just find a link to adult victorian clothes but its female models only at the moment. There is really nothing for men right now for victorian era. So I've been real busy with this. I will keep you updated :)

ClockworkShadow

Ok.  Most sorry about that.  That was a very persistent migraine.  However, caffeine is doing a much better job of keeping it under control today.

And I finally got sleep.

After that 60-some-odd hour bout of insomnia, guh...  I think I was ready to snap anything's head off.

Aiko, as for your suggestions, it's a cute idea.  However, it's about as far from Paramnar as I could possibly imagine.  I wrote the asian culture reference into it, however, for the following reasons:

- I love asian culture (among many influences) anyway, and it gave me the perfect medium (along with inspiration from Johnny's character) to have a diametric opposite to Nu Logikus.  You have a relatively-peaceful, logical, D/s society on one continent, and you have a fuedal/imperial land of carefully-managed, yet rampant power, starvation issues, a corrupted "monarch" ... essentially, a chaotic counterbalance on the other.

- I included specific elements (geisha references, i.e.) to give you a different option from the steam & clockwork punk.  You had expressed particular reservations with the concept, and had difficulty creating a character that fell under the guidelines.  I think you'll find yourself able to create a character, under Paramnar's guidelines, that suits you much better.  The continents are going to remain separate from each other... for at least quite a while.

-----
Character Suggestion:
I think I want to encourage you to be a child/teen "prodigy" of sorts.  To all appearances, you would be barren of traditional energy manipulation, which would be a major anomaly in Paramnar.  You'd get your conflict, and derision out of that, if that's what you wanted to play into.  Underneath appearances (and you could maybe work something out with Johnny on plot development), she actually has a talent that puts everything else to shame.  I'm thinking that it should be an energy manipulation, or sub-manipulation, unique to her... since she wouldn't be able to tap any of the other known manipulations.

Regarding your Suggestion(s)

I am going to have to be a little harsh about this, but it just doesn't fit.  Sorry.  I would like to encourage you to use that as a theme for your own roleplay.  I think it deserves its own thread and development, and I'd love to see where you can take it.  Once I feel balanced with this RP, I may even step in.

A/A

o_O

johnny5

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 09:28:42 AM
I think I want to encourage you to be a child/teen "prodigy" of sorts.  To all appearances, you would be barren of traditional energy manipulation, which would be a major anomaly in Paramnar.  You'd get your conflict, and derision out of that, if that's what you wanted to play into.  Underneath appearances (and you could maybe work something out with Johnny on plot development), she actually has a talent that puts everything else to shame.  I'm thinking that it should be an energy manipulation, or sub-manipulation, unique to her... since she wouldn't be able to tap any of the other known manipulations.

Ever read "A Spell for Chameleon"?

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 09:28:42 AM

Character Suggestion:

Your not being harsh, I understand. I will take it to another tread and see if I can get something going for it, Thank you for giving me something I will like.

I would like to get as young as you will let me go with her, for an RP thing I always wanted to do. I will have to get johnny about some help, I just need to work on background, what her energy manip. Care to offer some that you could see working? I will look at the ones that are common, and see if I can get some ideas for this. I am passing out now. So I need to go. I will talk more about this soon after my nap. I am going out to eat with my BF so when i get back from that. :)

Thanks for a character I could do a bit with this too. I am too tired to ask questions atm, the ones I know right now are dumb lol So ya see you all laters.

*gives a hug to clockwork, and blushes* Thank you.

ClockworkShadow

This thread will remain an OOC discussion (and I will make an official OOC thread for further plot-brainstorming after I launch this, which should be relatively soon... provided I can find a happy place with these manipulation rules), so feel free to discuss things with Johnny here as long as he feels up to working with you 1:1, of course.  (I'm not about to be mandating anyone's actions other than my own.)  Though, I am very glad that you like my suggestion.

Since this RP will be remaining PG-13, you may make her as young as you wish, with consideration that she should be old enough to communicate with adults on a moderately-par level.

The reason I suggested Johnny to work with is because he was talking about a particularly intriguing manipulation ability when he first was brainstorming on his character.  I want to see more development on that, since it piqued my interest.

--

And I know that you are already involved in a few different RPs, so don't feel obligated to develop the idea just because I think it would make a good scenario.  However, when/if you do decide to develop it, I'll be definitely reading on it to see where you take it. :)

<cinches her kimono a little tighter and kneels to enjoy some piping-hot tea with Aiko>

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

Ok.  WS, Xun (aka Mr. Darkly Charming :P), Kujo, Laz, Johnny, Aiko, and anyone else that's been following this thread:

I am considering implementing a custom dice "system" specifically for the manipulation consequences.  If so, we would use the Dicebot (see also this Guide)

What I'd like to know from you:

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

If you don't like the idea:

* Why?  What would you suggest instead?

If you like the idea:

* What kind of dice?  4, 10, 20, etc.

* Would you rather see each consequence represented by...
     - a single number (i.e. 1 = consequence A, 2 = consequence B)
     - a number-scale (i.e. 1-5 = consequence A, 6-10 = consequence B)

* Other thoughts?

A/A

o_O

johnny5

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 12:31:27 PM
Doesn't sound familiar.  Who is the author?
Piers Anthony, it's the very first Xanth book.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: johnny5 on July 01, 2011, 11:19:20 PM
Piers Anthony, it's the very first Xanth book.

Ok, I know the author, though.  I wanted to get into him, a few times, but he had so many freakin books, that I felt overwhelmed by the concept.  So I moved on to others to read.  I hear many wonderful things about his writing, though.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on July 01, 2011, 01:00:13 PM
This thread will remain an OOC discussion (and I will make an official OOC thread for further plot-brainstorming after I launch this, which should be relatively soon... provided I can find a happy place with these manipulation rules), so feel free to discuss things with Johnny here as long as he feels up to working with you 1:1, of course.  (I'm not about to be mandating anyone's actions other than my own.)  Though, I am very glad that you like my suggestion.

Since this RP will be remaining PG-13, you may make her as young as you wish, with consideration that she should be old enough to communicate with adults on a moderately-par level.

The reason I suggested Johnny to work with is because he was talking about a particularly intriguing manipulation ability when he first was brainstorming on his character.  I want to see more development on that, since it piqued my interest.

--

And I know that you are already involved in a few different RPs, so don't feel obligated to develop the idea just because I think it would make a good scenario.  However, when/if you do decide to develop it, I'll be definitely reading on it to see where you take it. :)

<cinches her kimono a little tighter and kneels to enjoy some piping-hot tea with Aiko>

Thanks so much Clockwork, Your such a sweetheart. :) As far as rps/stories I am doing, we put off on the exalted one I was doing since I have to wait 3 months to reapply, We paused that one because they are supposed to go to sexual stuff in the story so. We sorta have to re-work the story now. They are supposed to be mates, but we set it that only the lunar knew about it so we kept it pg-13 and the story would develope into a relationship and her finding out later but wasn't supposed to take that long so. I am not in any story at this moment but this one right. I got one being worked on if the other exalted game goes off. We'll see.

I deffinitly want to take the automaton idea to another story. I don't want to take your story idea and re-work it into my own, thats not right to you. I will prolly come up with my own world or there are table top games I can even do this in too so. It all depends.. I mean I love the victorian thing so much and I really wanted to do it with the automaton (android), in a victorian dress and such so she could be more doll like. :) We'll see what happens. I will post the idea after I hear back from you again on this to see what your ok with me doing exactly with it. Because this idea was for your story and was apart of your story granted it didn't go anywhere but. I am just being respectful.

Now with my character clockwork.

I was wondering since the girl is a young girl I am debating what age to make her she will be young so but able to talk to people, and without having problems going to bathroom LOL. I don't want to force people into doing something in stories like this due an age thing.

The other bit I was going to ask you too clockwork is, Since I couldn't do automaton, can I make her dress up and be sorta like a human doll? To be sorta more passive girl and follows a caretaker (If she gets one) if someone wants to take her under their wing etc.. Another words for the human doll is just basicly she is treated like a pet/toy/child to be dressed up and to be pretty for someone cause maybe they don't have a child and always wanted one, or I don't know something along those lines, its a real innocent idea. I was going to have it that she is innocent, and very naive. She doesn't understand a lot so most of her time was spent developing her manipulation ability, and sensing things. Since she is not old and wouldn't know much anyway. Giving her an ability no one else has makes her extremely useful, and why people would want her around. So there are reasons for her being in the group now hardcore :)

*old idea* Really the main reason I wanted the automaton was so I could play an older girl that became younger, and could be owned by an owner to be peraided around and dressed up real nice, and sorta be doll like, and have social complimications so it keeps her dependent on others. :) So really this other idea is actually just as good. I just don't get to do the character gets younger, and I don't get to be dieing either which gave her more of a reason to be thankful for her new life and want to be with the person that helped her or whatever. :) So that was the real reason behind it. I just wanted to explain why I wanted it, and why it meant a lot to me. I am real happy with the new char though, I am even happier that I still get to be little. I got good story ideas for her.

Johny + or Clockwork: Is the idea for the unique power be that chamelon one? Or is it something else? Also Johny will you want to work with me on this? Its ok if you don't want to, I have alot of ideas for unique powers..

Everyone part of the story: Does anyone want my character to be with them? does anyone want to be her caretaker? Or anyone have any suggestions to who could be her caretaker (NPC or what ever)?  Also does anyone have any suggestions for unique powers too, and anything I should put in her background (bio) for her story? I am just open to new ideas and suggestions that I did not think about. I think thats about it.. I will ask more stuff if I think of anything.

*Blushes at clockwork and kneels down in her kimono infront of her to pour some tea in her cup smiling* Thank you! *beams cutely and happily*