Quotes, sayings and wit

Started by Captain Maltese, December 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Quixotic

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
- Groucho Marx

“I hate writing, I love having written.”
― Dorothy Parker

“Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!”
― Dorothy Parker
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

HannibalBarca

Knowledge without justice ought to be called cunning rather than wisdom.
Plato

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
Nelson Mandela

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
George Bernard Shaw

Silence is a source of great strength.
Lao Tzu

If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
Abraham Maslow

All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.
John Quincy Adams

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less.
C. S. Lewis

Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other's welfare, social justice can never be attained.
Helen Keller

Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
Sigmund Freud

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
Socrates

Good fiction creates empathy. A novel takes you somewhere and asks you to look through the eyes of another person, to live another life.
Barbara Kingsolver
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

redkitsune

O human race, born to fly upward, wherefore at a little wind dost thou so fall?
Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost...

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Koli Wolfine

If your looking to be praised, First do something worth being praised about.

Shekinah

Lies are told prevent yourself from getting hurt.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Captain Maltese

They say it is hard to face your demons. Actually it is very easy. All you need to do is look into a mirror.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Divine Tenacity

"There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end they just have to have faith.--
Ain't that a bitch?"

-Church/Epsilon (Red vs. Blue)
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Captain Maltese

Never forget, as you bask in the light, that you are casting a shadow.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Nico

"Why do you try to understand art? Do you try to understand the song of a bird?" - Pablo Picasso

brainsout

to fight!

~ Don Quijote de la Mancha
My o/o thread - My Request thread ( maybe always object to change/ under construction)

Shekinah

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Beelzeboob

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
♥toucha, toucha, toucha, touch me I want to be dirty!♥
CURRENTLY: Looking
O/O
A/A
Adopt a bunny

Nico

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"  - Friedrich Nietzsche

Captain Maltese

"I'll see you in hell... you handsome rogue."

- From TF2

Nico

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

TerribleTira

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -Denis Diderot

gaggedLouise

"I am going to miss out on the weightlifters' annual ball, which is on the same night as ours - I certainly regret not getting to attend that one."

-Oliver Lehmann, head manager of the Ball Night for the Sciences of Vienna, a festive ball in support of scientific and open-minded values and with the backing of all major universities and higher schools of the city. The annual event was launched after the far-rightwing party FPÖ took over the Academicians' Ball and aggressively made it their own. There are over 400 public balls organized every winter in the capital of waltz, with classical and modern dancing.

Actually, I would like to watch the Weightlifters' ball too. :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Nico

Deamonbane

The pen isn't mightier than the sword.
Pens don't win battles.
Swords don't write poetry.
Instead, mighty is the hand that knows when to take up a pen, and when to take up a sword. - Unknown.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Nico

"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything." -  Malcolm X

havocowsky

"Knowledge is like, well, it is like shoes. If you buy shoes yourself, they will stretch out and fit eventually, but if you take someone's shoes, even if they are the same size, they will be uncomfortable. Not at the beginning, however- at first it will be cozy and nice, it will seem like they have survived their trials... But then it turns out you can't run as fast as you'd like..."~A writer from my own country, quote from one of his books in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Universe (obviously due to my own privacy and the fact I don't want to reveal where exactly I'm from I can't say who that is, if you know it then kudos to you), translated by me.

Captain Maltese

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Nico

Quote from: Captain Maltese on May 05, 2018, 09:29:10 AM
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
+1 I love Nietzsche

"It is beyond a doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant