The Incredible Shrinking Machine - Mad Science Freeform RPG

Started by GloomCookie, August 26, 2010, 12:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Molecular resizing had been a theory kicked around for almost a century.  Hollywood had made the idea popular in movies such as Honey I Shrunk the Kids, but never had any scientific inquiry been launched to investigate whether such phenomena could truly happen.  Therefore, it was quite a surprise when it so happened that such technology could be made possible.  The only downside was that it was done by a psychotic scientist.

After discovering the power to modify the electron shell of atoms, thus compressing them until the atoms and protons nearly touched, he found he could take a human of approximately six feet tall and compress them down to just under one inch tall.  These tiny people would then be perfect for his experiments in what he dubbed, The Humanzee Experiments.

Most of his experiments involved just making sure his device could properly shrink humans without illness.  Then, with brainwashed minions, he obtained a small sample group and had them brought to his laboratory unconscious.  Then he proceeded to shrink each of them down to just over two inches tall, and he set them loose inside a large building that he himself had planned.

His test: Survive in a miniature world.

This RP was a fun idea I used to think about as a kid, wondering how the world would be different if we were shrunk down to about an inch tall.  .22 bullets would be like artillery, and toy trains would be like normal locomotives.  So I thought, what the hell.  I'll make an RP for it, and if I get enough people interested, we can play.  So, I'll be allowing 7 people to sign up and be part of the group, and your job will be to survive in a world where even birds are going to be a pain in the ass.

(image)
Name:
Bio:
Survival Skills:
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Xanatos

Interesting, what kind of atmosphere do you intend to use? Dramatic, horror (well that's pushing I know), etc.

Light on sex? Etc.

GloomCookie

It's meant to be a bit silly, but also a bit scary as well.  Imagine facing a mouse the size of you!  Of course, most mice might be friendly fellows, but the cats... the cats are another matter.  Sex can happen, but also try and remember that if you just have sex out in the open, who knows what could happen to you?  Be very careful.  I might make it six inches, depending on how people feel, and I might go ahead and just let anyone join up.
My DeviantArt

Azrael Annavianna

I am interested in seeing where this could go.  I have a couple of questions, however.  Will we start out normal size and have the rp shift to us becoming shrunk or do we wake up already miniatures?  Either way is the dangerous backdrop one giant experiment by the doctor or the 'real world' that our characters would live in.

Sorry if this annoys and thank you.
When forgiveness is being able to move past the pain; what happens when you can't forgive yourself?

Xanatos

I am not worried about sex =P . Just asked because we are on an adult site. I am more interested in plot.

Azrael Annavianna

When forgiveness is being able to move past the pain; what happens when you can't forgive yourself?

Xanatos

-grins- I like the sound of that. Plot is one reason I like your Evermore game so much, Linna. You can tell when I am inspired; my posts are long -laughs- (well when appropriate anyways).

Azrael Annavianna

Detail, detail, detail, adult doesn't necessarily mean sexual...

GloomCookie

That's one reason I came to E, because on places that try and keep PG-13, they don't allow excess swearing, nudity, rape, murder, anything that adults must face in the real world.  Trying to sanitize the world only makes it harder to try and come up with unique and imaginative worlds.
My DeviantArt

Xanatos

I agree. I am not always for the use of such things at all times, but it is nice to have them as tools for a story because it is realistic when it does happen. I also agree that without them it makes creating a believable story harder. Its not impossible but I think it can create repetitiveness.

As for your actual game, I am interested, just not sure what I would do for a character. This is a concept I have not seen before; its quite creative.

GloomCookie

I'd prefer people between the age ranges of 18 and 25, basic survival skills, creativity, preferably a college student, good physical shape, and with a healthy dose of common sense.
My DeviantArt

Azrael Annavianna

I agree with both sides as well that is also why I am here.

I love to create characters and explore their possibilities and if I am allowed to join...I am ready....

GloomCookie

Um... there's a blank character sheet.  So you can just make a character and submit it for approval.
My DeviantArt