Obama-Biden

Started by Vekseid, August 23, 2008, 05:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on August 25, 2008, 07:30:03 AM
Bushes policy is fine.

Look in the mirror and say that, then take your webcam and snapshot the reflection. Post and link it and we'll see how straight your face is.

Nothing personal to anyone here, but you've got to have your head in the damned sand if you think Bush has been handling things well. If that's the case, the you must also tend to poopoo the change that Obama is promising, and believe everything is hunky dory.

Then you have my pity. Time and again I am reminded of that bumper sticker I keep seeing- If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Inkidu

If only I had a webcam. Bushes policy is fine at least it wasn't as horrible as J.F.K.'s.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShrowdedPoet

. . .at least you didn't say FDR. . .because I would have to fight you on that one. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on September 10, 2008, 09:36:24 PM
. . .at least you didn't say FDR. . .because I would have to fight you on that one. . .
Oh God no, F.D.R. was a freaking genius.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Inkidu on September 10, 2008, 09:38:35 PM
Oh God no, F.D.R. was a freaking genius.

*grins*  I approve that message. . .though I wouldn't call him a genius. . .a good man. . .
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on September 10, 2008, 09:40:42 PM
*grins*  I approve that message. . .though I wouldn't call him a genius. . .a good man. . .
I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Vekseid

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on September 10, 2008, 09:40:42 PM

If he was not a genius he had a few on staff and listened to them.  Brain Trust aside, studying the leadup to World War II gives the appearance of a chess grandmaster taking on two novices at the same time.

Inkidu

F.D.R. chose his Brain Trust because the majority disagreed with him.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Vekseid on September 10, 2008, 09:47:24 PM
If he was not a genius he had a few on staff and listened to them.  Brain Trust aside, studying the leadup to World War II gives the appearance of a chess grandmaster taking on two novices at the same time.

I'm very careful with the word genius. . .VERY SMART.  I love history. . .specially that part of history!  *sighs and daydreams about history*
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Well, allow an amendment. He was a political genius.

eskimokisses

Rapper and beacon of wisdom DMX shares his thoughts about presidential candidate Barack Obama:

Snipped content due to multiple F-bombs and whatnot - the link leads to the interview ... this is a public board - you're reminded to watch your language. Thank! :) ~T
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL

Sherona

Number one, I am almost positively sure that anyone who was saying this was doing a Spoof or trying to make a -poor in my opinion- joke. So to use it in an intellectual debate thread is, questionable. Number two, if for some insane reason they were serious, then disparaging a name of a political candidate is kind of silly. Disparage his tax policies, his health care plan..but his name makes no real difference. *smiles*

eskimokisses

Quote from: Sherona on September 13, 2008, 09:33:35 AM
Number one, I am almost positively sure that anyone who was saying this was doing a Spoof or trying to make a -poor in my opinion- joke.
No, actually, I think it's legit. Some people can really be that clueless.

Quote from: Sherona on September 13, 2008, 09:33:35 AMSo to use it in an intellectual debate thread is, questionable. Number two, if for some insane reason they were serious, then disparaging a name of a political candidate is kind of silly. Disparage his tax policies, his health care plan..but his name makes no real difference. *smiles*
I'm sorry if it offended you, but I didn't really mean to use that post as debate material. I just thought it was funny and harmless.
PLZ PM 4 IM SRP LOL

Sherona

*smiles* Didn't offend me at all, I just was kind of wondering. If you wanted to post it for the comedic value (which I cans ee why) I can split the topic to the comedy corner :)

Politics board tends to be a debate board, just to give you a heads up. Most things you post here will be picked apart and debated :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Sherona on September 13, 2008, 09:46:47 AM
*smiles* Didn't offend me at all, I just was kind of wondering. If you wanted to post it for the comedic value (which I cans ee why) I can split the topic to the comedy corner :)

Politics board tends to be a debate board, just to give you a heads up. Most things you post here will be picked apart and debated :D
"Picked apart" is a gross understatement.  :-\

Sherona

*smiles* Most of us here enjoy a good debate, that is a debate wtih facts and figures supporting opinions. Hence posts are picked apart.

/end derailment.

Obama-Biden have actually been capturing my ear more often, though I am still quite leery of some of Obama's tax proposals...I don't really have a head for numbers but I don't see how they will work..however he is an idealist from what I gatehr..and that is something I can respect.

Oniya

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on September 07, 2008, 01:34:54 PM
*Falls over laughing*    I LOVE it!!!

Just to clarify (since it wasn't clear from what came before), that line was from one of Reagan's appearances, at a time when he didn't realize the microphone was on.  I'm sure the original poster was referring to that incident, but it could have been misinterpreted as being from any of the other politicians mentioned on the thread.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17