News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Emblem [Interest/Recruitment Thread]

Started by TheBlackThrone, November 15, 2014, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Dragon Emblem

The Run Down

This game was inspired by The Legend of Dragoon. You do not need to have played the Playstation game in order to participate in this game because this game will be ran differently. This game is medieval fantasy. The only prominent creatures despite the flora and the fauna are the humans and the dragons. There are no Winglies. There may be strange races later but nothing playable.

Players who are interested in this game will need to have a decent-level of writing and creativity to get in. There are 8 roles total. Players are allowed to compete for the roles as I will only be accepting 8 players. How players compete for the roles depends on the amount of work they put into their profiles, and in the case of a stalemate, a writing sample of them role playing that character.

If you see that someone has posted up a profile for the spot you may have wanted, do not lose hope. Just post up your profile any way because I will only be accepting who I feel deserves the spot. Be sure to reserve a spot as well as a weapon for your character. I repeat, if you see that someone has reserved a role that you wanted, do not lose hope. Post up a profile any way because there is no guarantee they will get that spot.

Also, in past games, I have had players drop out due to IRL reasons. If you applied to this game, but didn’t get selected, you will more than likely become an alternate for that player if he or she ever drops out of the game. Players who drop out of the game give the GM permission to write an exit for their character whether it be death to enhance the drama and character developments or just up and vanishing.

The setting

In the world of Rhea, there are humans and dragons that exist in conflict, competing for the land and its food; and from countless battles, the dragon slayers were created to finally be rid of the beasts once and for all. The dragons were slowly being wiped out by the slayers, but some humans who happened to coexist peacefully with them were their only protection. The continent of Fann became divided into two nations.

Delère: This is the nation of Dragon Slayers. All children raised in the western regions of Fann will grow to become dragon slayers. They believe that the dragons are a nuisance, and if they aren’t wiped out, then they will wipe the humans out. Since the western regions have been taken over, most dragons have migrated to the east. Because of this, the western lands are desert. There is little water and food. The hardship this nation faces has turned them into imperialists, and they survive on pillaging villages and expanding their territory into fertile regions until they have exhausted the resources. They are enemies of Caelum, and any human found with any religious symbol on their person will be arrested and tried in the nation.

Caelum: This is the nation of Conservationists. It is also the home of the Children of Caelum, the religious fanatics who believe that it was dragons who created Rhea, the plants, the animals, the water, the sky, and the humans. The dragons are the descendants of dragon gods, and without the dragons the world cannot exist. Caelum resides in the eastern regions of Fann, and they are the most fertile regions. Dragons are a common sight in this region. Any person caught slaying dragons will be arrested and tried in the nation. Delerians, especially, are not permitted in the kingdom.

Whether your character originated from Caelum or Delere, they will have distinct traits that mark them as a Delerian and Caelumite. You do not have to list these traits in your profile for NPCs will notice them. However, players will not begin in Delere or Caelum. The game begins in a neutral village between the borders of both nations.

Lian: It is a peaceful village that tries to keep its hands washed of the war that surrounds it. The village has residents both of Caelum and Delerian heritage. There are even humans who are mixed of both races and bear indefinite traits of either nation. Residents of Lian live peacefully among each other. Well, as peaceful as two opposing religious thoughts get when living together.

Lian is where Chapter One begins.

The Dragoons

Dragoons are dragon knights. They are humans chosen by the dragon gods to defend the dragons’ children. They are guardians of Rhea and each knight represents each one of her aspects. Each Dragoon bears the armor of each different dragon god they represent. When you reserve an element for your character, you are welcome to design their personality and characteristics based on what you believe is the nature of the element.

Ignis – Fire: This is the god of fire, heat, lava, and magma. The Dragoon of Fire becomes immune to all aspects of the flame, and instead harnesses it. Role: Taken

Terra – Earth This is the goddess of rock, minerals, metal, soil, and the treasures that inhabit it. The Dragoon of Earth becomes immune to all aspects of the earth, and instead harnesses it. Role: Taken

Nymphe – Water This is the goddess of water, ice, cold, mist, fog, humidity, and rain. The Dragoon of Water becomes immune to all aspects of water and the cold. Role: Taken

Sylph – Air This is the god of the air, twisters, hurricanes, and gales. The Dragoon of Air becomes immune to all aspects of the air. Role: Open

Silva – Nature This is the goddess of nature, fauna, flora, harvest, poison, toxins, disease, and life. The Dragoon of Nature becomes immune to all aspects of nature, diseases, toxins, and poisons. Role: Open

Aes – Lightning This is the god of lightning, storms (lightning storms to be specific), gravity, electricity, static, and magnetism. The Dragoon of Lightning becomes immune to all aspects of lightning, gravity, and magnetism. Role: Taken

Caelum – Light This is the goddess of light, healing, heaven, stars, moon, and the sun. The Dragoon of Light becomes immune to all aspects of light and radiation. Role: Pending

Luxo – Darkness This is the god of darkness, shadows, night, death, weakness, and space. The Dragoon of Darkness becomes immune to all ailments of darkness and the night. Role: Taken

Clarifications: The Dragoon of Nature and The Dragoon of Light may have roles that some would believe are similar. But in the case the Dragoon of Nature or Light have healing abilities, the Dragoon of Nature can heal any ailments related to sickness, disease, poison, or status effects. The Dragoon of Light can heal any physical and mental injuries. This is just in case some players want to give their characters healing abilities.

I repeat for a third time, if you see a role that is marked as Reserved, and it was a role that you were interested in, then go ahead and post a profile for it. There is no guarantee that players who apply for the role will get it as writing ability and the profile quality will be the two things that determine it.

Also, it doesn't matter if your character is a girl and you choose a "god" for her or if your character is a male and you choose a "goddess" for him. Choose whatever element you want. Gender doesn't matter.

The Character sheet

[b]Name[/b] Your character’s actual name.
[b]Nickname[/b] Your character’s nickname either you choose beforehand or acquire it in game.
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Race[/b] Delerian, Caelum, or Lian (usually residents of Lian are a mixture of both)
[b]Height[/b]
[b]Weight[/b]
[b]Hair Color[/b]
[b]Eye Color[/b]
[b]Complexion[/b] Skin color.
[b]Distinguishing Marks[/b] Any tattoos, freckles, birth marks, scars, etc.
[b]Visual Appearance[/b] Photo. This isn’t necessary. If you can’t find one, then you can’t find one.
[b]Written Appearance[/b] Basic appearance of your char in a nutshell.

[b]Personality[/b] This may depend on the element you chose for him or her.
[b]Quirks[/b] Psychological Disorders, distrust, stubborn, etc. All the negative aspects of your character’s personality. This may depend on the element you chose for him or her.
[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Talents[/b] These are skills in like cooking, blacksmithing, artisan, artist, etc. Please no Mary Sues.
[b]Background[/b] There will be no “My mom and dad died,” your character either still lives with his or her parents or they’re an orphan living at the orphanage or on the streets. Understand that your background, depending on how the character has grown all this time, will affect his or her personality. In the background you can also explain if your character knows another character or whatever.

[b]Element[/b] As was listed in the game introduction
[b]Weapon[/b] This must be an actual weapon, no hybrid weapons. These weapons are plain in appearance until your character acquires later on, their dragon arm (it’s not an arm but a weapon from one of the great dragons). Once you choose a weapon for this character, then they will forever specialize in that weapon. For example, if you say he or she uses a great sword, then they only use a great sword. If they use a crossbow, then they only use a crossbow. No one is allowed to wield the same weapon. Do not worry about this until I have approved all of the players.
[b]Weapon Skills[/b]
This is optional, but for those who may want to show off their character’s weapon skills. Maybe he/she has a few trademark techniques. You’d write the name of the technique, and then explain how he/she executes. For example, if your character uses a bow, maybe he/she knows how to shoot with three arrows. Because that takes skill, it is considered a weapon skill.

GM Note: The character sheet above is for pre-Dragoon characters. There won’t be any dragoons at the beginning. Players are welcome to add more than what is listed here in the character sheet. You can also give your profile a fancy look.

Chapter One: The Price of neutrality

This is the beginning chapter of the RP. The RP is broken into chapters that will be summarized as they conclude in case we get new players. This also gives players a goal to reach. In this chapter, you will have a choice to have your character be a resident of Lian or a visitor. I don’t want too many visitors, so if I get too many, I’m going to ask people to change that around.

Those players who already reside in Lian are welcome to collaborate with other players whose characters also reside there. They could already know each other as girlfriend or boyfriend or childhood friends—whatever you like. The game will be pretty sandbox, and every now and then I’ll create situations for the characters. Just go with the flow of the game. Leave the GMing to me.

There will be a description of Lian in the IC thread along with current scenarios in the village that the characters are free to investigate.

How to get accepted

There are things to never do if you’re hoping to get your profile accepted. I have created a list so players will know what not to do, and which will equal automatic rejection:

1)   Do not use pics from mainstream canon. Try to choose original artwork. No one wants to go, “Hey it’s Ichigo from Bleach! I didn’t know he was in this game.” If anyone does this, then yeah, that’s why it’s on this list.
2)   Do not base your character’s description entirely on the picture you have chosen to represent him or her. If I read your written description, and you pretty much listed everything in the picture you’re using that is automatic rejection. Do not list what is exactly in the picture you’re using because then you’re not even making an image of your own in your head. You’re instead taking that artist’s picture and saying, this is that guy in the picture. Make your character your own.
3)   Mary Sue/Gary Stu. These are the “I’m so perfect” characters. I have no flaws whatsoever. I can do anything and everything. They pretty much represent someone super fake, super fictional, and someone no one can relate to personality wise and just relate to period. Please, when you’re writing out your character make a believable personality. As I said, make your characters YOURS! Get a good feel for him or her. Bring them to life!
4)   Death scenarios. My mom died, my dad died later after he beat me into hating myself, then my sister died, my brother, my grandma, I have no one. I grew up in the orphanage yet have no mental problems whatsoever from the past incidents and trauma of it all. If anyone pulls anything similar to this in their background. I will laugh, and then I will reject it.
5)   Misspell, code fail, too many grammatical errors, and awkward sentences. I understand you may be excited to play this game, but if you want to be accepted you need to relax, calm down, and read over your work. I have had this happen many times in the past where someone posted up a profile and didn’t even correct the obvious spelling errors. Use Microsoft Word, use any sort of spell check, dictionary, etc. There is always a way to make sure your spelling and grammar is decent. If you see a code fail in your profile, don’t just leave it there, fix it. Because if you leave it there, it makes me think you don’t give a damn about it.

Clarifications

The characters in this game are not the children of gods or goddesses, they are normal people. They only acquire the abilities granted to them by the god or goddess once they have found a Dragon Egg. The Dragon Egg is what blesses them with the ability of a Dragoon, and which allows them to gain their divine weapon known as the Dragon Arm. So when creating a player, do not model them directly after the god/goddess of the element you have chosen for them.

Q&A

Q: Are Dragon Slayers available?

A: Yes. If you make a Dragon Slayer, then he or she will be from Delère.

Q: Are there magical creatures aside from Dragons?

A: Yes, but they aren't playable races.

Q: What's the state of magic, can humans use it?

A: Humans cannot use magic. All humans in this game are normal. The only time they can use magic is through unnatural influences.

Q: Are normal humans playable or do I have to play a Dragoon?

A: Playing a Dragoon is the point of this game, therefore, yes, you either play one or don't join. The main characters are the characters of the eight players involved in this game.

Q: Are the military of either nation prejudice toward female soldiers?

A: No; they are not. The females who are strong enough or butch enough (in Delère's case) or who have a fighting spirit can be soldiers without facing any bias.

Q: Is there a military force that goes hunting for Dragon Slayers in Caelum?

A: No; Caelum is a very peaceful nation, and therefore, has a defensive military. They do not actively seek out the enemy. If a Dragon Slayer or any Delerian is suspected to be within their borders, then that is the only time that they will seek out the intruder.

Q: I noticed in the example profile, in the back story of the character that you mention several fictional settlements. Is there a map that I should know about?

A: No. You can make up anything for your character's background. The game moves by chapters and each chapter will give a basic run-down of the plots in that town, village, forest, etc. the game's setting will take place in. Some chapters may be longer or shorter than others. At the conclusion of each chapter, the happenings are logged in a plot summary that will be regulated on the first page of the OOC. The thread will be finished and another thread will be made with the name and setting of that chapter.

Q: Do I have to play someone whose origins are from Delere, Caelum, or Lian or can I make my own nationality?

A: If you make a nationality/ethnicity for your character that isn't one of the main three, then you must make a culture. If ever later in the game, we decide to visit that country, then your character should have expert knowledge about the region and culture of his or her country.

Extra Clarification & Elaboration

Extra - Important Please Read
This is a post to clarify some misconceptions and to further elaborate on some character creation aspects.

Race Ethnicity/Nationality

This game only accepts humans. You do not need to try and come up with some unique race of nonhuman, humanoid, half-human, or anything like that. You will be making straight-up humans.

I want to make the correction of race since the race everyone will be playing is human, and that is my fault if anyone thought otherwise. Now, nationality and ethnicity. If you’re playing someone who is Delerian, they’re a desert folk. You can expect that a lot of those people are tan to dark-skinned.

If you’re playing someone who is from Caelum, then because they’re dominantly in a forest and just temperate to mountain-side culture, you won’t see as many dark-skinned people there.

Lian is different because it’s a melting pot. You can expect anything from Lian.

Now, if you decide to play a character with his or her own nationality/ethnicity. They are not from Caelum or Delere because there are NPCs in this game not from either nation, then you need to make a whole culture about it in that character’s background. I mention about Asians. I said there aren’t any Asians in this game because Asia doesn’t exist in this world. If you use a picture of an Asian, Native American, or even someone African or African descent, you can make a culture around that. I can tell you right away that Delere has black people already in its culture so it’s not at all unique to their culture as it would be if say one was black and a Caelumite. But yes, you are welcome to make your own nation that can be used later in the game as a destination. Your character will be an expert in explaining to the other characters about that region, the people, the culture, and you can even create the drama that could be going on there but just run it by me as well.

But I hope that clarifies that.

Occupations

There will be some occupations that you may come up with that I may find too irrelevant to the story. I don’t want you to choose an occupation and create some huge story behind it, and then the game progresses and that whole idea is just dropped because your character is no longer that occupation, and therefore, you kind of wrote all that for no reason. I’m sure you get what I mean.

If you come up with an occupation that could be one of those shaky ones I’m trying to describe, then you need to give some logical and rational reason why your character is involved in that occupation, group, etc. and how does that contribute to the game? I already have written the IC thread, so I know what plots are going down immediately when the post goes up. I’d just hate for you to see those plots and then feel like your character just doesn’t fit the game anymore. So I’m hoping that you choose an occupation that fits the game.

I’ll just go ahead and give a slew of occupations that easily fit this game and you won’t ever have to worry about the above problem: Soldier (Delerian and Caelumite preferably over any other nation), Blacksmith, Apothecary (Herbalist), Dragon Slayer, Priest, Priestess or Monk, Innkeeper, Tavernkeep, Bartender, Mercenary (more than likely will be Delerian for Caelumite’s are too xenophobic and stuck in their ways), Exotic Dancer, Thief, Merchant, Builder, Miner (there is a Mining Company at the beginning of the game), Prostitute, Waitress, Servant Girl, Mayor’s Guardian (the mayor of Lian that is), and Cook.

If you come up with any occupation that isn’t in that list, then run it by me because if it’s not in that list, then it’s probably something shaky.

Nobility

No one will be directly royal in this game. What I mean by direct is hold the title of Prince, Princess, King, Queen, Lord or Lady, etc. But here is an example of an exception that I will most certainly allow:

Your character is a runaway person of royal bloodline. Their uncle, aunt, or some asshole has taken the throne and is trying to kill them so that they will be unable to ever reclaim the throne. If you like this idea, then I’d mostly want for this person to be from either Caelum or another nation. Delere already has an asshole on the throne so…yeah. But he actually is the rightful heir of that throne, he’s just a dick.

So if you find that concept interesting, then that’s the only exception. I will only allow one person to have that concept. I don’t want everyone to be a runaway prince or princess. Getting them back on the throne or helping them to reclaim it can be another plot idea for the later future.

Let Me Know

If you are stuck, then feel free to bounce your ideas off of me. I am your best reference for this game. I will gladly tell you if the idea works or not, even give you some ideas, but please just write the entire profile first or to the best of your ability a draft, and then send it to me that way you're not asking me a million questions and then just never getting your idea out there. I only care about the finished product. If you can't go forward because you absolutely need a question answered in order to continue working on the character sheet, then ask away. I tend to be very punctual with my replies, so you can expect quick feedback. If my feedback is delayed say because I am going to bed or going out, then I'll let you know and probably reply to you through my cellular phone.  :-)

The main focus is for you to create a character that you love. I cannot stress this. This has to be a character that even if the game was failing, you don't care because you love your character so much and enjoy playing him or her that nothing else really matters. I always try to make a character like that in every game I choose to join. If everyone does that then this game is going to go on for a long time. The longest game I've ever been involved in was 9 years, and currently right now, 3 years. It's all because the writers love their characters. So take your time if you need to. This game is only going to start once I have found the 8 characters that meet the design. It's probably going to take awhile but please keep me informed if you are working on a profile. I do not want to forget anyone or start the game when someone wasn't finished working on their sheet.

1.   Do not post OOC comments in the IC. Use the OOC when making OOC statements.
2.   Use grammar and spelling to the best of your ability and try to post at least two paragraphs. If you are in dialogue with another character and you don’t think you can produce two paragraphs, then go into PMs with that person, collab, and post the conversation as one huge post.
3.   The enemies are controlled by the GM. I will give you freedom to make trouble for yourself, but the enemies that move the plot along are controlled by me.
4.   In the case of duels between players, both players need to collaborate. You write your actions as an intention, giving the other player a chance to dodge or counter. The GM will be observing these in-game duels, and if the GM needs to intervene due to illogical movements or play, arguing, or player absence, then the GM will pass the final judgment. If you do not like this, then I behoove you plan the beginning and end of the fight with your partner. Be sure to let me know that the fight is pre-planned. You don't have to tell me how it's going to go because I like surprises just as any reader does, but please tell me it's a planned duel so that I'm not breathing fire down your neck. You should be able to go into PMs and collaborate with the player you plan to duel. Maybe you guys can decide on a stalemate and make the fight look cool. There is no need to try and kill each other or hate on each other over an in-game fight. It’s just a game, so please be civil.
5.   Whatever the GM says, goes. I try to be fair. I try to permit most characters, but if I say no, then it’s no. Please don’t argue with me. I’m sorry if you wanted your way, but this is my game and I try to make decisions for the good of the plot.
6.   Adult Play I'm going to ask that if your characters plan to have sex, then make a thread either in the One Shot or Solo section of your choice and drop a link to it in the IC. This way you and your partner can role play the sex scene for as long as you want to go without interruptions, your sex scene is somewhat private and not mixed in a thread with other sex scenes so that you're forced to read everybody else's' erotica or have to dig through it all to find the reply you were looking for, and it won't be disturbing the storyboard mood of the main thread. You can also continue to RP your characters in the main thread as though the sexual play is taking place at a different time in the day.
7.   Do not post ahead of other players. No one wants to feel pressured when they play this game. You may have all the time in the world but others may not. If you post to someone, let him or her have a chance to respond. If you post towards more than one person, let each of them respond. If I feel that a certain player or players are going ahead of others and are not giving them a chance to reply, then I will have to place a limit on posts. I tend to give a player 14 days maximum to post. If the player hasn't posted within that timeframe, then first, I'm going to want to know where he or she is and I'm going to start the timer before I remove them from the game. You have 30 days to let me know where you are, what you're doing, etc. If I don't learn anything of your whereabouts, then I'll drop you from the game and open up the role.
8.   No god-moding, no meta-gaming, and no breaking character. The first two are self-explanatory, but just in case you don’t know what meta-gaming is. It is when you have your character know knowledge that only you, the writer, should know. Breaking character is known as breaking the fourth wall when you write a post with implication of OOC knowledge or in response to OOC statements. Another definition for it is when your own emotions filter into your character’s emotions. Don't do it.
9.   If you play a character with an Asian name, then I expect that character to be and appear Asian. In fact, there shouldn't be any Asians in this game since this RP takes place in an entirely different world. So they'll be Asian to our knowledge, but in the game they won't be identified as such because Asia won't exist in that world. You can perhaps create your own unique culture of people that are still average humans of course.

Example Profile
SOU-Daerio Vardin
Sou” the rank a Delerian Dragon Slayer receives upon successfully slaying a dragon.

Inspiring Images: Image One and Image Two

The Dragon Slayers of Delère are an honored unit in the Delerian military. Soldiers fight men until they surrender their lives to a hunting party that they may never return from. Once a soldier successfully slays a dragon, then he officially becomes a dragon slayer.

Race: Delerian
Height: 6’1” (73 in)
Weight: 225 lbs. (95.2kg)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Gold
Complexion: Tan from the desert

There is a black intricate tattoo running from his left wrist, up his arm to the side of his face, and branching across his left pectoral. It is a tattoo that he got once he became a Dragon Slayer (this wasn't bestowed upon him - he got the tattoo out of personal taste), and it hides his burn scars well, but it does not hide the grey of hardship that creeps up the left side of his sideburn to fade into his hair. He has long, slanting scars from blades across his body and natural scars from accidents. The brand of “Sou” is branded on his right deltoid—his eternal rank. His hair is kept at four-inches, being accustomed to the wasteland and its unbearable heat; the little hair he has on his head, the cooler he feels. His eyes are gold like a lion, his body built like a warrior—if his battle scars didn’t give that away. Daerio once wore the bronze armor of Delère, but he ditched it in the desert. He wears a once-white tunic with earthen-brown trousers. A battle dress of hard-leather wraps about his hips with a hanging guard that protects his groin-area and arse. Boiled-leather straps wrap his boots to just below the iron-caps that protect his knees. A satchel and water skin is slung across his form, and if there was one memento that he kept from Delère, it was his dual axes. Because the markings on his body are very distinct, he’ll wear long sleeves to hide his tattoos and a cloak to veil the rest of him as he wanders from region to region.

Personality: Daerio is very arrogant, independent, and often gives off an air that he is stronger and larger than he really is. It’s just his charisma and the energy he exudes around others. His outward characteristics make him appear to be an intimidating, brute of a man, but if rubbed the right way, normal conversation is possible. The dragon slayer has an immense amount of pride and a dangerous temper. He often doesn't see any wrong in his violent actions, having the philosophy that only the strong survive. However, his wild and recklessness is not to be confused with poor form. He can be very dangerous once provoked to that point. He fights to win, and so if one values their life, then he or she better win.

Daerio has been known to devise short strategies and improvise as he goes. He believes that dragons are a threat to humans and should be killed, and one shouldn’t be surprised to see the slayer running off when spotting one. The slayer wasn’t always independent; he has high-expectations for those he works with, and if they fail to meet his requirements, then they are unworthy and weak. Even after leaving his country, he’s still proud to be a Delerian for only true Delerians know what strength is.

Daerio has seen nothing but war, death, and hardship. Life in Delère and being a dragon slayer have hardened him, and he has a very fearless attitude. He finds challenges exhilarating, and is usually the first to volunteer.

When it comes to the ladies, Daerio can be dangerous. He’s built, handsome, and confident to the point that he knows how to use these qualities to get what he wants. In the presence of an attractive woman that has caught his eye, Daerio will boldly attempt to sway her with smooth words. The warrior is convinced that it’s a skill he has, and he has faced few challenges. He is perverted, and women be warned, he will secretly check you out. He is experienced not only in combat, but in the bedroom.

Quirks: Violent tendencies, distrust, a past of sexual promiscuity, drinking, and difficult to trust right away. He can be stubborn and doesn’t feel comfortable relying on others. Not to mention he is also rather brash and blunt, which can sometimes include bad manners, taunting, and merciless aggression. He doesn't care what most people think about him for he is confident that he can back up his demeanor; and, well...he believes that he's always right and never wrong. When looking at Daerio, no one would have guessed that the warrior had a phobia. He is hydrophobic; specifically, he has a fear of open and deep water. He also can't swim. Coming from the desert region, there is little water to practice in, so he hasn't exactly learned how. There is more to his phobia but that can be discovered in his background.

Daerio normally doesn't sleep well due to reoccurring nightmares and startling dreams. He has found that he sleeps best in the company of his partners, or rarely, those whom he trusts. He will bed many women if it means that he can sleep comfortably for one night. He loves the warmth, reassurance, and sometimes he just needs a good lay.

Because Daerio is considered frightening and barbaric to most, he isn't easy to trust right away. On the contrary, most would avoid him. He would be categorized as a chauvinistic pig or dog in countries outside of Delère. If anyone puts their trust in Daerio, and if he puts his trust in them, then they'll find that he is one of the most loyal friends that they could ever have.

Likes: Good food, a good fight, killing, his axes, attractive women, and having a nice drink.

Dislikes: Dragons, Caelum, people who support dragons, people who think they’re better than him, people who try to dictate his personality, people who don’t know how to mind their own business, and weaklings.

Talents:
_Ax mastery: He has trained and mastered the art of the ax to the point that his cleaving swings are quick and unhindered by the weight of his weapons. His movements are swift and unpredictable, and if one isn't careful, a single mistake can cost them their life or at least a limb. He knows how to guard with his axes and lob them at his enemies with deadly accuracy.
_Dragon Slaying: Daerio knows how to slay a dragon to the abhorrence of many Caelum and dragon supporters.
_Drinking: The Delerian knows how to hold his booze, and isn't an easy opponent in drinking games. Daerio has been drinking forever, and so his liver can handle most beverages. When drunk, the dragon slayer can be just as dangerous with his axes than when sober. At least when sober, he can decide if he wants to kill his foe or not, being drunk completely changes his ax-style.
_Desert/Harsh Terrain Survival: He grew up in Delère and has traveled from one village to the next, crossing the wasteland alone. He knows what to eat and what not to eat, how to dress, how to cool off, and how to acquire water. He has a fighting spirit and can't be brought down so easily.
_Bar Fighting: If there is ever a bar fight, more than likely Daerio was the reason or was simply involved. He is an expert when it comes to smashing a chair across the back of the head of some oaf who had the audacity to insult his pride, or punching another man in the nuts. He isn't afraid to fight dirty. In the end, who's the winner? Exactly.
_Way with Women: Yes; Daerio believes it is a skill of his. He knows how to sweet talk his way into any woman's skirt. No matter how tough of a wall they may put up, he is certain that with time and patience, he can bring it down. Call him a fool, he'd just say he's determined.

A Boy
Daerio was born in Gunnimead, a village in Delère that had been green at the time. His father was a Dragon Slayer and his mother did laundry for coin at the watering hole. Life was good with his father raking in gold from not just his service in the military, but from the dragons he’d slay for their bodies went straight to the smith to be used for armor and steel. Daerio was the only child and was greatly spoiled by his mother. He always lent her a helping hand with the washing and other chores instead of doing what most boys were doing, learning how to wield a blade and preparing for the army.

Daerio’s mother was very protective of her son and was against him following his father into the military. When Daerio’s father was injured in a slaying accident, his inability to walk properly had him honorably discharged from the military. The money stopped flowing; and as the dragons fled the country, the land around Gunnimead became a desert. Life became difficult. Food and water became scarce, and people were forced to abandon their homes to live closer to the capital. Some followed the dragons to the borders of the country.

Daerio’s mother could no longer protect her son, seeing how he was the only one who could make a decent profit. She surrendered him over to the military. It was there reality consumed him warping him with pain, death, sorrow, and success. As Delère devoured the nations around it and expanded, Daerio’s parents were able to move to the conquered greener regions.

A Dragon Slayer
As Daerio continued his journey into manhood, it was during the War of Row that a disturbed dragon rose out of the earth and began attacking the humans on both sides. Daerio was a platoon leader in the infantry at the time, and he quickly devised a plan that he hoped would save his men. While mounted, he lobbed one of his battleaxes at the dragon, which became implanted in the beast’s crown. The dragon became enraged and chased the warrior, and spurring his horse into a sprint, Daerio led it away from the battlefield. The creature leapt into the air and then swooped upon him. Daerio had vacated the saddle, taking a side-mounted position when the dragon’s vicious talons snatched him and his horse into the air. Daerio’s horse was crushed in the dragon’s merciless grip, and as the legend goes, Daerio climbed through dangling horse parts to the dragon’s leg before he stabbed the point of his ax into the beast’s heart. The dragon screamed, faltering through the air, and breathing its flame upon its assailant. Daerio continued to dig his ax into the dragon’s chest until it collapsed to the earth.

Daerio was found unconscious next to the dragon, a portion of his skin burnt, melted, and clinging to his armor. When he had recovered, he was given the official rank of Dragon Slayer, and had his Delerian steel axes forged from the bones of the dragon he had slain. The strategy he had used to slay his first dragon became the strategy he'd always use in dragon slaying.

Hydrophobia

Wandering the green lands of Delère, the dragon slayer unit came across a dragon and Daerio proceeded with his slaying technique. He was whisked into the air, but the dragon’s erratic movements made it difficult for him to deal the finishing blow. The dragon carried Daerio and his horse farther than he had anticipated and managed to shake him free over a lake. It was Lake Hyde, a sink hole that evangelists believe was the home of the dragon goddess Nymphe. Daerio was swallowed by the lake and his heavy armor and weaponry began to drag him towards the bottom—if there was one. The warrior swiftly began to undress, sparing only his axes to slow his descent when rising swiftly from the lake’s pitch bottom was a colossal serpent. Daerio was near drowning so his memory of the beast is faint, but he would not forget the fear that gripped him. The beast watched his sinking form curiously until the warrior blacked out.

Daerio awoke on the shore coughing and sputtering as other dragon slayers stood over him. He was alive and so was his horse. The grass was soaked as though a great flood had struck, and Daerio suspected that the creature he had seen had saved him. He spoke nothing of the incident since and would never go near water again.

Murderer

Since the incident with the mysterious dragon, Daerio left Delère without so much as a goodbye to his home and family. The dragon’s behavior had frustrated him and having grown tired of slaying and the Delerian military, Daerio strode off on his own, crossing the desert, seeking answers and a new life. As he wandered the desert, the waste seemed to stretch almost endlessly and despite his survival tactics, he ran out of rations and collapsed in the heat. A merchant by the name of Ivan found him and brought him to the nearby town of Lian. It was there that he was dropped at the village clinic robbed not only of his gold, but his prized axes.

When the Delerian came around, it hadn’t taken him long to notice his missing gold and weapons. He escaped the clinic’s care, leaving without proper discharge to hunt down the thief who he faintly remembered. The village had been unreal to him. There were Caelumites and Delerians living and working harmoniously amongst each other and foreign folk he never knew existed. He found the merchant trying to pawn off his axes in the market and sought his vengeance through death. It was a law in Delere that a thief stole at the risk of his own life, and yet a man confronted Daerio to defend the thief.

He was a respected architect and builder by the name Artur Gunther. He had been Delerian and he demanded only a peaceful resolution to the dispute. Steadfast in his ways, Daerio was still adamant on killing Ivan and taking back his stolen belongings, which resulted in him having to fight the old warrior. Artur, for being the fifty-years-old man he was, still had some skill, but it hadn’t been enough to incapacitate the dragon slayer. Daerio delivered a blow to the man’s ribs that he would soon learn was fatal. Although he had recovered his axes and gold, he hadn’t a chance to exact his revenge before the town guard was upon him and was forced to violently take the dragon slayer down. He was apprehended and chained in prison, and his belongings once again taken from him to be confiscated by the guard.

Artur succumbed to the blood that filled his punctured lung and died, and his death brought grief and outrage to the town. Riots broke out in the streets and several attempts were made to break into the prison to get to the Delerian. What had been the guard’s attempt to protect the citizens from a murderer wound up being the guards protecting the murderer from the citizens. The mayor was secretly protecting the dragon slayer, and no one, not even the guard understand why.

Element: Darkness

Weapon: Dual Axes: Daerio's axes are made of Delerian steel, a combination of carbon, iron, and dragon bone. Delerian steel is illegal in regions like Caelum, but everyone knows that it makes the best and sturdiest weapons and armors. The axe handles are 2.5 ft long (30 inches) with 1.5 ft long (18 inches) and roughly 1.5 ft wide axe heads. They are silver and almost white in coloration (due to the dragon bone) with triangular holes in the wedge strategically cut for diverting thrusts and stabs from blades. At the pinnacle of the handles are sharp, 6 in protrusions for impaling the enemy. The axes are heavy, and if one isn't used to carrying them, then their skill with them won't be as effective.

Weapon Skills
_One-Two: Daerio's ability to fight with one ax. He'll grip the handle with two hands for quicker swings and stronger thrusts. This leaves his defense open, but it's a sacrifice for a sure method for crippling the enemy.
_Stalwart: When Daerio overlays his axes or holds one above the other. This is often how Daerio starts his fights. This guard allows him to make judgments and focus.
_Blazing Momentum: Daerio often throws his weight into his swings, and in this case, he'll swing his axe in a series of turns, and the faster he turns, the stronger the swings become and the more difficult to deflect.
_Shield Breaker: When Daerio wields both axes in one hand or sometimes two. He'll swing the axes at the opponent's guard or shield to shatter their defense.
_Flying Edge: When Daerio lobs his ax at the opponent. His accuracy is fatally precise. He rarely misses.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Divine Tenacity

I think a shiny quarter needs to go here to express my extreme interest in this game! I really loved The Legend of Dragoon growing up and seeing an RP based in this world has still up those nostalgic feelings! I will be sure to give this thread a proper reading and begin to think up some ideas for a character that not only I will enjoy playing but be acceptable to the world you have created.  ;D
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

TheBlackThrone

Thank you; and yes, that is one game I'll beat over and over and over again and never get tired of it. Looking forward to your creation.  :-)
The gates are open

Juggtacular

You have my axe!!! But I'm out of town right now. I'll get my app up when I get back Monday.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 15, 2014, 06:32:34 PM
You have my axe!!! But I'm out of town right now. I'll get my app up when I get back Monday.

There's no hurry. The whole approval process is probably going to take several days, so take your time.  :-)
The gates are open

Divine Tenacity

Hoping to have a rough character sheet up soon! Sometime Monday or Tuesday the latest!

TheBlackThrone

Everyone: PM me your character sheets. New update.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Contested: Writers Ixy and EdwardShane for the Darkness slot.

You will write a prompt about your character. I don't care what it's about. You are free to use NPCs. You are free to use whatever it is in your power to make it creative and fun. You do not have to reveal any of your character's dark secrets or anything that you feel gives away too much about the character that they are no longer a mystery. Just have fun and understand that when you post the prompt here, you are not allowed to edit it. So please, please, please take your time. Read it over and revise it a thousand times. Whatever makes you feel comfortable enough to post it up.

I am not putting a word limit on this prompt. Write as much or as little as you want. I also do not care if there are some cultural mistakes in your post. Cultural mistakes being misconceptions about the different cultures in-game. I am not concerned about that. I can easily clarify that with you. But yes, do your best. If writing this prompt doesn't feel fun, then you may need to write a few warm up samples to see how your characters play. Do not submit these warm ups.

You can come up with a short story or whatever. It's not the end of the world if you don't win. We can easily recycle your concept over into another element. The Darkness element is extremely popular right now. I really haven't gotten character sheets (or interest) for any other element. If I continue to keep getting only darkness applications, then of course I'll read the character sheet to give everyone the chance for the Luxo slot, but I will more than likely start sorting players into the other elements.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I'm going to change my mind once more. Send your writing prompts to me in PMs.

I will continue to post when spots are being contested but from now on send everything to me in PMs lol.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Update. I accidentally locked this topic but it should be unlocked now.

I have updated the element slots. You will see them say Reserved . This does not mean the role is taken. It just means that I have received character sheets for those roles. Any other slot that reads Open has either received no interest or I haven't received a character sheet for it.
The gates are open

Lady Lunarius

Working on a girl for Light for you now darling!

Also offering a shameless bump. >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

* Black Howling plants flag of interest while searching for pictures.

Divine Tenacity

Should have those edits and the rest of my sheet to you by tomorrow night! I kinda got wrapped up in things that took my attention away for most of the day.

TheBlackThrone

Update. I got a verdict on the Luxo position. The Luxo applications stopped coming in so that makes me happier. We received two new interests today that are pending profiles in Light and Nature.

The Earth and Water slots are still untouched and unclaimed.

The current predicted male to female ratio is:

Males: 3 Females: 3

I would like to have one more male and one more female to keep it even and to max out the slots.

As soon as we get a full group, I will open up the OOC thread, and in the OOC thread, you guys can begin discussing relationships between characters. I want for the Lianese characters to either know or at least have heard of each other because honestly Lian is a small place. It's one of those villages that if somebody new walks in, then everyone knows that they're not from around these parts.

It's known to pick up a lot of people who abandon their nation or who are coming from afar, so get creative when the time comes for introductions from those characters that will be visitors.

As usual though there is no rush with profiles. The more time you spend on them the better they turn out. I have no projected date for when this game will fill out with applications. We'll just move on as we meet the requirements to.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Update. The remaining slot that is untouched and unclaimed is now earth. Water is on reserve.

The current predicted male to female ratio:

Males: 3 and Females: 4
The gates are open

shii

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 20, 2014, 06:18:37 PM
Update. The remaining slot that is untouched and unclaimed is now earth. Water is on reserve.

The current predicted male to female ratio:

Males: 3 and Females: 4

I may want that earth spot (and play a male). However, I don't know anything about the game. I hope that isn't a bad thing. so, question, we are playing people not dragons yes?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: shii on November 20, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
I may want that earth spot (and play a male). However, I don't know anything about the game. I hope that isn't a bad thing. so, question, we are playing people not dragons yes?

You don't have to have played the game because this RP has nothing to do with it. Yes, people. I recommend reading the opening post for all of your answers. If any of your questions haven't been answered, which I am certain a good majority will be, then feel free to ask me questions. So far, the two questions you have just asked are answered at the very beginning.
The gates are open

shii

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 20, 2014, 07:53:19 PM
You don't have to have played the game because this RP has nothing to do with it. Yes, people. I recommend reading the opening post for all of your answers. If any of your questions haven't been answered, which I am certain a good majority will be, then feel free to ask me questions. So far, the two questions you have just asked are answered at the very beginning.

Wow. That was really rude man. Better way to go: Thanks for taking interest in my game Shii. I think you'll find the answers to your questions in the above text (I know it's kinda long and you might have just missed it  :P )

So I'll just retract my interest then. Thanks.
Well wishes,
-Shii

TheBlackThrone

Rudeness is your perception not mine because I wasn't being rude, but have a nice day.
The gates are open

Divine Tenacity

To be honest, I am having a hard time myself trying to fill in the rest of the blanks on my character. I'm better at giving backstory as the RP goes on. I know that is not what you are looking for but its better than trying to force something that would be half-assed at best.

Any pointers?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Divine Tenacity on November 20, 2014, 08:31:41 PM
To be honest, I am having a hard time myself trying to fill in the rest of the blanks on my character. I'm better at giving backstory as the RP goes on. I know that is not what you are looking for but its better than trying to force something that would be half-assed at best.

Any pointers?

Just send me a PM about any areas you're having difficulty filling out. I don't mind if you don't fill the profile out with maximum detail because I understand that characters tend to come alive more as you play them, but if you can state some general information, then that will be fine. You can also continue to bounce ideas off of me. I can help you perhaps come up with more ideas that'll make filling it out easier.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Update. If we receive a male for the Earth slot, then we'll be finished with recruitment and I'll just be awaiting the completion of the pending profiles. In the meantime, I want to reveal the weapons that are currently taken.

Katana
Tri-Staff (spear weapon)
Dual Axes
Flail and shield
Long Bow
Mace
Quarter Staff

The rest are unknown until profiles are finished and the earth slot filled.
The gates are open

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 22, 2014, 02:24:22 AM
Update. If we receive a male for the Earth slot, then we'll be finished with recruitment and I'll just be awaiting the completion of the pending profiles. In the meantime, I want to reveal the weapons that are currently taken.

Katana
Tri-Staff (spear weapon)
Dual Axes
Flail and shield

The rest are unknown until profiles are finished and the earth slot filled.

Will be working to finish it tomorrow. Today...I work and enjoy Dragon Age Inquisition after I get off of "work". ^_^ 
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Outlaw Fallen

This game seems incredibly interesting. I loved The Legend of Dragoon! What does it mean when a part is reserved as opposed to taken? All of the parts I am interested in are either taken or reserved.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

TheBlackThrone

When you see a slot that says Reserved it means that I have received a profile for that role. Writers interested in joining this game can challenge any of the reserved slots if they feel that they can come up with a better concept than what the writer going for that slot has offered. Purposefully, and this is actually different from what the front page reads, I have kept the profiles that have been sent to me private. I keep them private so that when other players challenge their element slot that it is a fair challenge. Nobody copied their profile, their character, their idea, etc.

I will not allow the Darkness slot to be challenged because I've dealt with enough challenges and interest in that slot, and I've just now got it all ironed out. That slot is not up for grabs lol. I'll mark it as taken after I post this.

I am mostly interested in receiving a male character for the earth slot to keep our male and female ratio equal. Challenges at this point may be difficult to do because the ratio is pretty even right now, but I am all about good concepts and writing, and if both win, then I'm willing to make exceptions.
The gates are open