News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

6 year old seeks to change name...

Started by Sabby, April 25, 2009, 09:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Trieste

Awwwww... poor little disappointed boy. :(

Oniya

Don't worry - he can try again when he turns 18. ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

I would change my name to Knuckles or Shadow as an homage to this kid, but neither is as identifiable as Sonic :(

Doktor Sleepless

When he gets to be older he can change it! Like that Optimus Prime soldier!

Trieste

*changes her name to She-Ra*

*has the name put on her M.D.*

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Stattick

Quote from: Trieste on April 25, 2009, 10:06:33 PM
*changes her name to She-Ra*

*has the name put on her M.D.*

When I worked at a hospital, one day when I was patrolling one of the areas where the doctors have all of their offices, I noticed one of the name placards declared one of the offices belonging to "Dr. Batman".

I was soo dissapointed to find out later that it was a typo. It should have read "Dr. Bantam." Yet, even after I pointed it out to the doctor, he never had the placard corrected.
O/O   A/A

Marluxia

On's Off's and Others

The life of the wife is ended by the knife :(!

Stattick

On another board that I frequent, someone once asked, "What's the name and rank of the highest ranked Wiccan the U.S. Army?"

I replied, "Major Powers."
O/O   A/A

The Overlord

Woohoo...swag. You know, I always felt that Porsche shouldn't just be a girl's name.  :-)

Oniya

Or Mercedes.

(As a historical note, the Mercedes was, in fact, named after the daughter of one of the original people that developed it.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

The Overlord

At any rate, I suppose my legal bid for The Overlord, God-King Emperor of the Known Universe is pretty much out of the equation.  :-(

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on April 26, 2009, 06:18:43 PM
At any rate, I suppose my legal bid for The Overlord, God-King Emperor of the Known Universe is pretty much out of the equation.  :-(
It just doesn't roll off the tongue.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Inkidu on April 26, 2009, 06:33:41 PM
It just doesn't roll off the tongue.

True. I recommend Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm instead.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 26, 2009, 07:42:09 PM
True. I recommend Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm instead.
I think names like that don't fit in the space provided, and are considered a crime against humanity.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Stattick on April 26, 2009, 04:42:55 AM
When I worked at a hospital, one day when I was patrolling one of the areas where the doctors have all of their offices, I noticed one of the name placards declared one of the offices belonging to "Dr. Batman".

I was soo dissapointed to find out later that it was a typo. It should have read "Dr. Bantam." Yet, even after I pointed it out to the doctor, he never had the placard corrected.

LOL, why would he? But he could have very well be called Batman, it is a real last name.

Inkidu

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 26, 2009, 08:00:58 PM
LOL, why would he? But he could have very well be called Batman, it is a real last name.
I think they pronounce it bait-man though. (Hee hee)

Mnemaxa

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 26, 2009, 07:42:09 PM
I recommend Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm instead.

Kind of like the man whose name is spelled Gwestietschufenholtzendamnen and proved in alegal battle he can have it pronounced 'Joe'?

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Inkidu

Quote from: nemaxa on April 26, 2009, 08:46:10 PM
Kind of like the man whose name is spelled Gwestietschufenholtzendamnen and proved in alegal battle he can have it pronounced 'Joe'?
Yeah if ninety-nine percent is silent. That's not clever at all. >,>

Oniya

I think if I had the last name of Fish, I would try to get it spelled Ghoti.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on April 26, 2009, 08:55:21 PM
I think if I had the last name of Fish, I would try to get it spelled Ghoti.
Everyone would say Joh-ti

Oniya

Or Goat-ee.

(For those that don't know the joke:

Take GH as in 'tough',
O as in 'women',
and TI as in 'action'.)

Sabby

I may change it to Johny Gatt... so all the other Saints Row fans will instantly worship me

"There is NO Statute of Limitations for murder!"

"Well why the fuck not?"

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on April 26, 2009, 10:00:35 PM
I may change it to Johny Gatt... so all the other Saints Row fans will instantly worship me

"There is NO Statute of Limitations for murder!"

"Well why the fuck not?"
An obvious play on gat which is slang for gun.