News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Academy of Heroines (Again)

Started by Sabby, April 20, 2009, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

A game that was originally inspired by Fable, has been attempted several times, under a few different names, but each time, it has failed. These were group games, but when they were actually working, they were my favourite roleplays on E. Now, I'm looking for a single partner to play the protagnonist. They can either leave all other characters and NPC's to me, or if they feel up to it, share the GMing equally :)

Am open to a SMALL group >___> communication between players is a must.

The premise is as follows.

The almost legendary Academy was founded 600 years ago, in an age where war and corruption had seeped into almost all lands. Greedy and evil men led a time of subjugation, but it was a small collection of women who first stood up, and it was these same women who fought against many different kinds of odds, carving a path for others to follow.

The idea that a single person, with the right power and the heart and mind for its responsible and just use, could undue the wrongs of hundreds of others, was what lead to the Academy's founding, so that when this small group of freedom fighters were gone, there would be others to keep their ways alive.

What began as a small stone hut now stands as a beautifully crafted oasis of lush grass and marble pillars. Young women who have seen all walks of life and experienced great injustice have found this to be their home, and their training grounds. Some have seen their friends and family slaughtered, their towns burnt to cinders, loved ones dragged away and beaten, or have watched years of extortion and torment. No one would stand and raise a hand in their defense. All of the girls here bare scars, both physical and in their hearts, and while some simply seek the power for revenge, others want to be the fabled Heroines, high trained and versatile law women, rangers who would step into the hard ships that originally brought them here. They wanted to make sure that no one suffers like they did.

Despite the dark and grim roads that lead them here, the training grounds are not so. Those in the Academy are taught from day one to be self reliant, to encourage, experiment and explore their gifts with one another, while at the same time be able to stand alone and learn on their own terms. The teachers are there to guide and assist, but no more. Those who leave the gates are either broken failures, or the best they can possibly be.

Incorporating both hand to hand and weaponized fighting styles, they are also trained in ranged combat and unlocking the deep reserves of magic within them. With the sheer variety of the tools presented, weapons ranging from plain to exotic and the mysteries of magic, a Heroines combat is self taught and completely unique to them.

However, many have wondered why only women attend. It has been a long standing tradition in honor of its founders, but times are shifting toward males being included. One of the greatest Heroines still alive, a 200 year old woman who has supposedly mastered everything that can be learned from every teacher she could find, has assumed the mantle of Head Mistress.

She has pondered this question, and when she discovers a young man among the fire and blood shed of a bandit raid, the soul survivor (a fate much like her own) she takes this as a sign that the rules must change.

This boy will be taken in as the first male Apprentice, walked through the beginnings of his training, aided by his new friend to find his own path in the overwhelming Academy, and more then likely make it with every girl who bats her lashes at him, heehee.

Your being asked to play a role where girls are literally tossed at you, whether in the ring or into a bed, possibly in small groups. Whats not to like?

Silk

Sabby

Wow, that was fast :D I lubbeded this game so hardcore, so I reserve the right to be ultra picky, haha.

So sell me!

Silk

Maybe a example of a current rp im in at the moment would suffice for now, its very late at the moment so i cannot really think of something off the top of my head in tiredness

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34527.0

Sabby

Can you handle combat sequences? You'll go from eat the dirt and taking beatings to an efficient fighter and mage.

Also, how are you with multiple characters? You would play the one, but there will be loads others. Are you okay with handling many semi-important NPC's, and do you think you would handle some as well?

Silk

Combat sequences I'm fine with, but multiples maybe not so much I've haven't had more experience than two characters at a time.

Sabby

Ah, so your fine to play a single character in a combat heavy role. Are you okay to deal with multiple characters then?

Not trying to discourage you with all the questions sweety :) just being kind of anal with this one.

Silk

If you would prefer, you can try find someone else and i will step back or take a supporting role in the rp.

Sabby

Maybe another rookie? Just as green as he is, and both getting run through the drills? :) or do you have a betterer idea? ^___^ I'm totally open to suggestion.

Silk

You said the hero is aided by his new friend, could you elaborate on that?

Sabby

An important part of the old incarnations was Cassandra, which I admit was a carbon copy rip off of Soul Calibre's Cassandra, haha. She wasn't exactly new, but wasn't a veteran either, and was buddied with him to help him adjust, and was also his room mate and first lover. She was the confident and experienced one, the opposite to the main character at the time. But I kind of like the idea of her being the big sister to two people :)

Marlow

This sounds interesting. I know you've put this in One on One, and I normally wouldn't post if this didn't appeal to me so much.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Sabby

Three people is the MAX I will take. The max. I have Silk, Aeval and Marlow showing interest so far.

Marlow

Quote from: Sabby on April 20, 2009, 05:23:44 PM
Three people is the MAX I will take. The max. I have Silk, Aeval and Marlow showing interest so far.
Three people including you, or three people and you?
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Sabby

Including. I would like to accept more, but groups were what killed this game before.

Silk

Maybe i can play some sort of underacheiver that is yet to find her crux in the heroine academy

Marlow

Quote from: Sabby on April 20, 2009, 05:28:57 PM
Including. I would like to accept more, but groups were what killed this game before.
Yea, you always take a gamble with bigger groups.

So, would I be playing a guy or girl? And what kind of role would you be looking from me? I've been writing for a while, and am quite used to combat heavy roles.

Sabby

Well, so far you and Silk have expressed interest in roles, but I also have Aeval in PM, though I'm not sure whether or not shes interested. Basically, the two charcters on offer are pretty open. Both are rookies, one is a girl and one is a boy, and both are on their first day and being sent through the mill, and rely on Cassandra, their tom-boy big sister figure.

The boy could be your big standard shy bishounen or a charming rogue, or what have you. The same goes for the girl.

Marlow

Well, I'd be open to playing either character, but I think it makes more sense if I played the male, and Silk played the female...

Silk

agreed, but for now i need sleep, goodnight guys i will read up in the morning if you want to continue and ill join in where you get too

Marlow

I'll ask some more questions then, before getting any character ideas: How old would he be? How lewd will the story be (so I know how much character development I should strive for)?

Sabby

I go for a comfortable line between serious, story driven and blatant hentai. So he may be in the ring one moment with Cassandra and take a hit to the leg that requires she help him limp off, and then once their in private she may give him a casual sex friends "I'm sorry" blowjob ^___^

So its not guna be shameless 'endurance training' cop outs, but it won't exactly be LOTR

Marlow

I like that mix, I must say. So, a rather lighthearted roleplay with story and smut, basically? I'm digging that indeed. As for my other question about age? Late teens? 17 18 19?

Sabby

Marlow

Quote from: Sabby on April 20, 2009, 06:56:25 PM
Of course ^___^ late teens.
Coo'. I'm going to come up with a basic idea now, if that's alright with you.