PM Text in Emails

Started by Ellipsis, December 14, 2013, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellipsis

I know PM issues have been mentioned in the past, though I don't remember seeing this one.

When I get an email notification about a PM, it usually displays the text of the PM in the email. Lately, it's not showing any body text at all.

The standard layout shows up like who the message was from and a link, but nothing shows up after the text, "The message they sent you was:"

Oniya

There was something like it a couple months ago.  At the time, it seemed to be that certain characters were jamming up the works:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186459.msg9005842#msg9005842

Check the affected messages in your PM box here, and look for things like quotation marks and accented characters, which seem to be the primary culprits.  (Quotation marks affect it if they are pasted in from an application that does 'curly quotes' or 'smart quotes'.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ellipsis

Ah, I believe quotes were the culprit!

Thank you, Oniya.  :P