Bug with unread posts.

Started by Chevalier des Poissons, July 05, 2009, 05:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevalier des Poissons

I had this idea a while ago, for one of my RP partners thought I didn't post on our rp, when I did. Anyway,  it seems to happen sometimes that, some people are unable to see new replies on threads they posted, somewhy. I don't know why, but another RP partner just told me that she didn't see any replies of mine, considering that I had posted three days ago.

Well, this serves as an excellent explanation on why some of my RP partnes simply left our RP. This, or they just hate me D=

Anyway, just to let you guys know.

(Btw, I would donate, but I don't have any paypal accounts so, I can't)
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

GothicFires

if your partners bookmark your thread, then they can look under 'my bookmarks' and see if you have posted. Its really easy to check and how i keep up with the responses I need to make.

Also I use email notification. they can't miss it that way.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: GothicFires on July 05, 2009, 05:48:44 PM
if your partners bookmark your thread, then they can look under 'my bookmarks' and see if you have posted. Its really easy to check and how i keep up with the responses I need to make.

Also I use email notification. they can't miss it that way.

email notification. There is a good idea, thanks =D

But I don't know about the partners, see? Anyway, one of them is telling me that she ins't getting any notifications.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

GothicFires

I have often heard that on forums, my own included but have never been able to reproduce the problem. I am not sure if Vek has. Honestly with out recreating it yourself it is hard to find out exactly where in the code the bug is... or if it is just user error. For the most part if you click on 'show new replies to your posts' then you should get all the ones that you have not read. But keep in mind that if you click on 'mark all messages read' on the forum then it will mark them read even if you haven't. in this case you can accidentally miss them.

I use the notification in combination with my gmail account because gmail auto refreshes. On firefox i can either see the tab up top or if i go to another window, select gmail before I do so i can see in the task bar when i get mail.

I use the bookmark so I don't have to go through the forums to find the thread I want to reply to because I rarely reply the same instant I get the post. I also post from multiple computers. Having the bookmark system just makes everything super easy.

PLUS it shows the last person to post in the thread that you have book marked. so they can easily see if it is their turn to post.
looking for new games

GothicFires

to address notifications. I believe some types of email have a difficult time delivering because their filters think email from E is spam. Vek can add to that if it is still an issue.

However the first thing to check is
Go to Profile
Then Modify Profile
Then Notifications

there is the list of threads s/he will get notified if anyone replies to it.

If the thread is not there, find it on the forum. After the thread is open click on 'Notify'. this is essentially a toggle button as you can turn off the notification here as well.

If the thread is in the notification list then it might be rejected as spam. Vek might be able to check his email return to see if s/he is getting a bounce back
looking for new games