Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Well get those in!  Those experience points are waiting on you, eagerly.  Staring at you like puppies in a pet store window, paws pressed against the glass, tails wagging like mad, big eyes watching you just hoping you'll give them a wittle bit of wuv o pweese o pweese~

And then there's the one in the back hoping you don't recognize them from Dog Island.

ShadowFox89

I always feel bad about trying to write for someone else's character though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Jarick on September 16, 2013, 02:31:09 AM
Tentative approval, with questions -- this is looking largely like a custom Solar Martial Arts tree, so I don't have so much problem with it.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
- Lesser Foe Enlightenment Stance - Where the text of the Charm says "fully soaks", is it intended to mean soaked down to the minimum damage of an attack?
- World-Scorching Valor Form needs a couple of tweaks.  The clause about the Unarmed Attacks mote-stripping creatures of darkness should have either the Crippling or Shaping keyword, and needs a label as a Holy effect, as that's what has leverage over creatures of darkness.  Overwhelming should be limited to 3, and will be similarly limited in the event anyone decides they want to poke into Violet Bier of Sorrows; I was going to bring that up if we had anyone interested in Violet Bier, owing largely to ping spam being potentially devastatingly effective in 2.5.
-the original charm gives you one die bonus if you dv out of a attack, and two if you dv out of a attack by a weapon with a O tag, presumably since this allows you to escape more damage.
my version gives a one die bonus if you fully soak the raw damage (ie, everything other than Min/ping), and two if a weapon with a O tag does so little damage as to fail against hardness (meaning it doesnt even do minimum damage). i intended it to be tied to the martial fury a solar might feel to be attacked by so weak or unskilled a foe, truely there must be better opponents out there. I discussed the charm with another who thought i should remove the O tag bit from my version, but i decided to keep it for balance issues (otherwise id get two dice every time a mortal took a swing at me XD)
-Fair, ill make those changes to the Form!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jarick on September 16, 2013, 02:31:09 AM
I've not yet looked over math for submitted sheets, but it looks like everyone's got their pulp stories and backgrounds by this point.  Tomorrow will be math, collating, and finalizing the beginning of this story.

Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to getting this started.  :D

I take that meaning that I get +20 XP to spend yes? Then I go buy 3 more charms :D. I did change my celestial spell known from the body arsenal because if I get mind hands I could as well focus on using them for offense. Even if they fail against hardness (but it does not prevent me clinch on someone, just I can't do damage on them unless I improvise).

ChaoticSky

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Chorgath has old realm and riverspeak (both of these are rather common). Old realm is good base for common language as any.

ShadowFox89

Gem of Spoken Languages, and Cail/ana has Seatongue as native (having been born in Coral) and Old Realm learned (because telling a Storm Mother to fuck off in Old Realm is much more effective).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Linguistics 5.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 16, 2013, 02:53:35 AM
I always feel bad about trying to write for someone else's character though.

You have explicit permission.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Dracorion

Jubal has all three Realm languages, Flametongue and Riverspeak. And if that's not common enough, he's got Language-Learning Ritual.

Anon315

Rajah

Wheresmycow

Uh, so far I only decided that Sanger speaks rivertongue because I think that's what the Marukani speak.  My second language could be old realm I guess?  I know one GM who decided that every PC spoke PC, to save headaches.

And Shadowfox, don't feel bad.  We're just guest-stars, not main characters, so all you need to do is describe in what way we help your character out and bam, we can ride off into the sunset.  If you don't have any ideas, or want suggestions, feel free to PM.

Also, with my extra XP's, going to nab possibly the best Solar charm ever in terms of rule of cool: Hero Rides Away.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Anon315

Re Z L

Typically GSPs are required to learn Old Realm, since that's what most (all) demons speak.

Which also makes it a good common language for the group, though speaking it in some places could turn some heads  ;D

Finished up spending the last bit of my xp, now there's just a handful of smaller things to take care of, then it'll be done.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Cail and Sanger
As Cail infiltrates a murderous band of thugs near Marita, a figure appears! A golden warrior, fighting for truth, justice, and the American way honor, this stranger charges through the bandits. Will the two exalted warrior come to blows, or will they work together to defeat the thugs?

Cailana and Red-Drenched Maw
Our heroine has been captured! Can Cailana escape the clutches of the Lintha before they sacrifice her to their twisted demons? Can she stop their fleet, on it's way to Coral? And who is this strange man with the green eyes and eldritch allure? Find out in this thrilling tale of suspense!

Background

Cailana was born to an already large family in Coral, her father a fisher. Ever since she was born, Cailana enjoyed swimming and exploring, often sneaking away to the beaches to skin dive in the pure blue waters. But there was little expected of her, she could not work on a ship. Instead, it was expected that Cailana would marry to the son of the man who her father worked for, so that their boat would be inherited by both families.

But Cailana wasn't one to let herself be tied down like that. Rather, she disguised herself as a boy and slipped aboard a boat bound for the Realm. Her disguise was knocked loose doing a storm, revealing her to the crew, but a young dragon-blood whom she had met aboard came to her defense against the Storm Mother. Within the Realm, Cailana spent time learning; to read and write and to fight. But yet still, she was told that she would not be allowed to choose her own path, the young dragon-blood wished to take her as a mistress and keep her locked away.

So Cailana slipped away from the Realm, sneaking aboard a ship bound for the Scavenger Lands. There, she charmed herself into a position as a guard within Nexus, and for once seemed to be able to choose her own path. But that was not to last long, as Cailana was kidnapped from her apartment one night by slavers. As she awoke, however, a man cloaked in silver appeared in her cell. Giving her a silver key, Cailana exalted as one of Luna's Chosen, and broke free from her bindings.

Finally free to choose her own path once and for all, Cailana roamed Creation. When civil war broke out in the Realm, Cailana returned to the Isle that she called her home for a time. She drew her blade for those who would hire her, keeping her nature as an Anathema hidden well enough. Tales began to circle of men, and women, found dead in their bedchambers, poisoned by the deadliest of toxins in nature.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Yea, that sounds like Sanger.  He's not adverse to some stealth or subterfuge, it's just not in his skill set.  He wouldn't use any poisons though, and he'd object to them.  But he makes a great distraction, especially if he challenges like a leader or something.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

I imagined him to be more Superman style: charge in and start tearing things up, causing a lot of ruckus >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Oh yea, that's totally him.  He might announce himself first, ask them to surrender, or at least challenge their leader to a duel.  He doesn't fight unless he has to.  More than likely though, they refuse, then he charges in.  But he always gives the enemy a chance to surrender before he beats them up.

That being said, if he was ever working with someone and they wanted to be sneaky, then he'd be like "Well, I guess I'm okay with that, but don't expect me to participate because I'm not able to."
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Rajah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 17, 2013, 05:21:25 PMAnd who is this strange man with the green eyes and cold heart?

His Compassion is three higher than hers.  :P He just suppresses it every now and again.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Eldritch allure? Frightening intensity? Startlingly polysyllabic nomenclature?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Looking quite forward to seeing what Jarick has planned for us based on how crazy of a group we are.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

I'm tempted to shift things around and go from melee to martial arts... Because Argent Witch style is pretty cool >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A