The Dead Walk Among Us (A Zombie Horror/Drama Game)

Started by Darkcide, October 23, 2010, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redryder

Darkcide, would you be more interested in a shady scientist with possible news of how all of this happened or a spoiled senior class president/princess type?

TheGlyphstone

...this group totally needs a spoiled rich brat to fill out the horror-movie roster. ;D

Photo

i agree with glyphtstone, we already have two scientists.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

redryder

Name: Alexia "Lexi" Irving
Height/Weight: 5'6", 125 lbs
Ethnicity/Nationality: White
Sexuality: Heterosexual ... though she seems the type to experiment in college (also a virgin; don't tell anybody)
Appearance(Picture):

(played by the Brittany Snow of about eight or nine years ago)

Appearance: Lexi Irving is, essentially, what's next to "all-American dream girl" in the dictionary. She's young, blonde, in good shape, and enormously pretty. And she'll even have a smile for you, if she gets her way!

Distinctive Features: Is "hotness" a distinctive feature? Lexi has no idea. What makes her distinctive is being the Platonic ideal of the girl you sit behind in math class and secretly fantasize about. Oh, and she acts like she has NO IDEA.

Occupation: High school senior/student body president. Once she graduates, she's going to University of Michigan, just like everyone else in her family ever has. She has a cheerleading scholar ... OF COURSE she has a cheerleading scholarship.

Education: Lexi goes to a high school in Birmingham, Mich., one of the nicer suburbs of Detroit.

Items: One empty champagne bottle. Her boyfriend's wallet. The keys to his car. The tiara she won as Homecoming/Prom Queen (whichever strikes you as more in keeping with the season the story begins in).

Likes: Her BFFs. Getting whatever she asks for from her daddy. Her boyfriend, Steve. Cheer! Dance squad. Shopping. Having money. Kitties! Going to the movies. Gossip Girl.

Dislikes: Being confronted with the fact that life is not always fair and that, indeed, some people do not live nearly as well as she does. People who inherently dislike her because of who she is. Oh, and reading.

Personality: Lexi may or may not have inner reserves of great strength. She's never had to call on them for anything. She gets B's without really doing much in class. She makes friends because she looks like the kind of person you want to have as a friend. She mostly gets by merely by looking like the kind of person who should be popular. And, indeed, she is. She has a vague sense that she's spoiled and vapid, and there's a good chance she'll evolve into someone more interesting and useful in college. Her mother sure did. Or maybe this whole zombie thing will reveal sides of her she's never known.

Skills: Is being hot a skill? Lexi's enormously flexible and in good enough shape that she can access a lot of places that others just can't. Granted, she's never really had to put these skills to the test, but now maybe she'll have to. She's chipper and enthusiastic to a fault, and her natural energy levels are high enough that she can get by with very little sleep. She was also, as a small child, in several years of archery class, all the better to make her "well-rounded," but she hasn't used that skill, if it can even be called that, in years.

Flaws: Lexi's so used to things working out for her that she kinda shuts down when things don't go her way. Indeed, she's been sulking in her motel room since last night, when her boyfriend, Steve - who had finally talked her into getting a room and having sex with him after the big dance - went outside to "check on a noise." Stupid Steve. Leaving her all alone in this rundown old hotel.

Ambition: In the back of her head, Lexi kind of wouldn't mind being a lawyer. But she's not entirely certain that's possible, as she's pretty sure she'll join a sorority and party college away, rather than buckling down and improving her grades.

Short Biography: Lexi Irving grew up the only daughter of two very successful patent lawyers who spent much of their lives profiting off the destruction of the auto industry in the Detroit area. The two are rock-ribbed, red-blooded suburban Republican types, though they're more the, "Stop making me pay taxes!" type of Republican than anything else. They've raised Lexi very much in their image, giving her everything she's ever wanted and mostly making sure her life is comfortable and happy. And yet, Lexi has had brief sparks where she thinks maybe she's destined for something else, that maybe she needs to leave Michigan, instead of staying there her whole life. Her most significant relationship was a clandestine one that amounted to only a few stolen kisses, when she spent a few study halls making out with her school's resident bad boy. But since then, she's come to think of herself as "turning her life around" by getting together with quarterback Steve Williams, the boy she's been with for the past year and the boy she came to this hotel to lose her virginity to - though she still had some doubts this was a good idea.

Lexi is almost exactly who you think she is from looking at her. She's spoiled, a little vain, and unafraid to just be the stereotype of a hot, teenaged blonde girl. But there are parts of her that insist she could be something more, parts she's starting to listen to more and more. And, unlike her best friends, Kristy and Erin, she's unafraid to talk to just about anyone in her school and will be friends with nearly anyone. She's popular, yes, but she's not going to be a bitch about it. Certainly, though, she'll enjoy its trappings.

Turn Ons/Offs: Lexi is 18 and has only kissed a handful of boys. She has NO IDEA about ANY of this just yet. She likes ... muscles? Yeah, muscles. That sounds good!

Zhu Que

I think Lexi is going to be a fun addition... The only thing I noticed that bugged me, is she's 5'6 and only 115lbs... I understand she's thin, but at 5'6 115lbs would be kind of bony, especially for a cheerleader...

Taking into mind that she is a cheerleader, and that 120lbs is the low end of health for a small framed person of that height, I would think she'd be around 125-130lbs, because cheerleading builds some muscle....

Just my opinion and offering a little note.... Sorry, I am concerned with health because of my RL situation... You don't have to change it, but just keep in mind that as you have Lexi, she's a little on the thin side.

redryder

Quote from: Zhu Que on October 29, 2010, 03:22:34 AM
I think Lexi is going to be a fun addition... The only thing I noticed that bugged me, is she's 5'6 and only 115lbs... I understand she's thin, but at 5'6 115lbs would be kind of bony, especially for a cheerleader...

Taking into mind that she is a cheerleader, and that 120lbs is the low end of health for a small framed person of that height, I would think she'd be around 125-130lbs, because cheerleading builds some muscle....

Just my opinion and offering a little note.... Sorry, I am concerned with health because of my RL situation... You don't have to change it, but just keep in mind that as you have Lexi, she's a little on the thin side.
Actually, that was an unfortunate typo. I meant 125 and didn't edit. I beg forgiveness! :-)

Zhu Que

Oh, that is quiet alright... Like I said, I just wanted to point it out...  I wasn't mad or anything, just concerned about health (mainly cause she's a cheerleader)

^_^ Glad that you posted a character, though... If Darkcide accepts it (I think he will, since I think it will be an interesting addition), then we'll only have one spot left, and I think he said we'd go ahead and start soon.

Writersblockade

*laughs* This just keep getting more interesting by the minute.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

kaz

If theres any space left, this sounds fun, i ahve to admit I could do with something different, something to get my teeth into.  Character wise I am hankering towards a woman in her early 40s, a nurse.  Cool, capable, got a couple of kids, she has no idea if they are safe or if they have been infected.
She would add a different type of character to the mix.  If theres room I'll make a character up, if not no worries. :)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Zhu Que

There is one spot left, but I think its a male character slot, since Darkcide wants the male/female ratio even.

Writersblockade

*shrugs* No guy's every complained about a ratio being tipped a bit to the female side.

At least none that I know lol.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Gravik

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

redryder

redryder

Changed Lexi's name to Abbie, since we already have a Lexi.