Calling all Fantasy Players

Started by MagicalPen, March 21, 2007, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

In light of calling this game RIBENHEIM and confusing countless people, since every game i create seems to be called that, i am going to call this game...Ribenheim: Darkness Rising

Novel idea, i  know.

So here is the basic knowledge of what everyone in the game will know:

The King and the Queen have a son, the Prince. He has recently come of age and suitors abound. Peace has recently been made between the Elves and the Humans, ending years of fighting. The King has been home for nearly a year after leading one of the last Campaigns, the Queen ruling in his stead. The Peace is tentative, and there are many who would rather see a Dead Elf then a live one. Even so, an Elven Delegation is expected to arrive any day now to further broker the peace.

In the Capital itself, the Temple of the Sun is rumored to be behind the odd disappearances in the city. Those who try to investigate also end up missing, or with their throats cut in an alley. No one is too sure what goes on behind the private doors of the temple.

(# of Players Permitting:) The King has also called forth for a group of Adventurers to journey to the North, to search for lost Artifacts. Who will answer the call?

---
Now, there is information i am withholding that is not general knowledge and will only be known by the few individuals who would know about it. There will be a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on too. For these reasons, i will be playing the King and the High Priest (of the Temple of the Sun).

I have listed the primary characters first. Those that need explanation have it next to their names. Additional characters are based primarily on how many people join the game. It would be easy to fill up 10 spots at this point.
---
Characters Needed:

1)The Queen - Wife to the King, makes sure no illegitimate children are born
2)The Prince - 18 years old, wants to be like his warrior-father, serves to please his father
3)The Elven Princess - beautiful, foreign, exotic, naive, experiencing the world and humans for the first time
4)The Secret Lover/Nobles Daughter - it is rumored that the Prince has fallen in love, but no one knows who with. Whether or not she is a Nobles Daughter is an entirely different matter but even so, many come questing for his hand in marriage. (Perhaps he has fallen for two girls and they vie for his love?)
5)The High Priests Chosen - a beautiful, seductive but deadly Priestess. She serves the High Priest with undying love.

Those are the 5 (or 6) MUST HAVES before any of the following can be used, these in spontaneous order:

Kings Lovers - these can be peoples secondary characters, perhaps even Noble Ladies (daughters too) -he is known to sleep around and rarely with his wife.
Queens Lover(s) - does she have any?
Captain of the Guards -Male/Female, to secretly lead the expedition to the North
Adventurers - all walks of life that know basic combat
NOBLES - male/female. Who wants a little courtly intrigue?
Temple of the Sun Devotee/Slave - either or, some one to be used and abused in conjunction with the Chosen.

I REPEAT - THOSE CHARACTERS WITH NUMBERS BEFORE THEIR NAMES NEED TO BE TAKEN IN ORDER FOR THIS GAME TO WORK. THOSE CHARACTERS THAT APPEAR RIGHT ABOUT THESE LINES ARE NOT ESSENTIAL BUT ARE POSSIBLE SECOND CHARACTERS OR CHARACTERS FOR ADDITIONAL PEOPLE. THIS GAME WILL BECOME WHATEVER YOU MAKE IT - BASED ON PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY WONT, THERE CAN BE COUNTLESS SUBPLOTS GOING ON. INFORMATION WILL BE PASSED BACK AND FORTH VIA PM SO ONLY THOSE WHO SHOULD KNOW THE SECRETS DO KNOW THE SECRETS. THE HIGH PRIEST AND HIS CROONIES FOR INSTANT WILL PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THINGS.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

RogueJedi

I'll claim the Elven Princess.  Why not?

CirclMastr

I call The Prince.

*digs for copy of Machiavelli's The Prince, just in case*
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Elvi

Well.....I could go for the Queen, though I can see her, (by the description) wandering around shouting "Guards arrest that girl and fetch me my knitting needles".......
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

bloodrose

I'll have a go with the Chosen. Should be fun to play someone deadly!
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Airindel

I'll take the Secret Lover...even though I do know how deadly a pair of knitting needles can be
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

MagicalPen

Sweet! All the main characters are taken. Now, i'll be sending PMs to everyone, informing them of the secrets that they know. *grins wickedly* which will also result in some sub-plots being created as i work the kinks out with you. Then i'll most likely be posting back here with a new list of characters needed/wanted that other people (who didnt grab a main character) can play. In a sense, they'll also become main characters, (and technically everyone is a main character) but those who have numbered characters will really be able to effect the game world (for good or for bad, :) ) but yeah, keep an eye out for a new listing of Wanted Characters.

And for all you others, dont be afraid to pick up some one too! If we have a group of Nobles, then the Prince-Marriage thing can really get interesting as Court Politics will become an important factor in the game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Jefepato

I wouldn't mind playing an adventurer of some sort.  Is this a particularly magical setting?

MagicalPen

I suppose that based on the interest i have received in this Thread and PM's, i should create a thread for the game with all the information you need to know about the world, magic, character sheets, etc.

I already have a few sub-plots brewing/in-mind. I'll try to do all of this some time tonight. I've got class in an hour, followed by a meeting that could last 2 - 3 hours, and then a paper to write. If not today, then it'll def be up around this time tomorrow.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Ok. got the PM's out to everyone who has shown interest. If you didnt get one, let me know.

Here is some world info:

Humans and Elves: Racism. Think Blacks and Whites. Humans have been at war with Elves for as long as anyone can remember. They are viewed as inferior (and vice versa) and it is only recently that peace has been made. The heightened security in the city due to the Eleven Delegation is because there are those who - for various reasons - would rather see the Elves dead then enter the City.

Magic: Magic is virtually non-existent. Its most common form is in healing, but there are very few of these gifted healers. Those that are magically inclined healers are employed by the King in his Army and Castle. Any sort of malignant magic is usually dealt with locally - burnings, beatings, murders. Those that do posses it usually try to hide it.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

CirclMastr

Quote from: Airindel on March 22, 2007, 08:24:16 AM
I'll take the Secret Lover...even though I do know how deadly a pair of knitting needles can be

Yay, my secret lover! heh

I'm currently not able to think of any ideas for how our relationship would have started.  Best to PM me about it.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

MagicalPen

I forgot to post this link:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9371.0

Read the thread and follow its instructions. I will also begin to create some other threads for the game. Just gotta work out how to do it with thread-restrictions.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Elvi

You are allowed one thread per player + one for yourself + one OOC.

(So say you have five players and you as GM, that would be 7 game threads.)

All need to be annotated with the game title at the front of the thread.
For example: [Ribenheim: Darkness Rising] Queen Bryanne's chambers.
                  [Ribenheim: Darkness Rising] The Great Hall.

As for my character description, well it was almost sorted when the naughty Brownies fiddles with out cut out switch and left us without power for almost 24 hours, so I'll get back onto it once I've sorted out all the other stuff I need to deal with....

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

MagicalPen

Only have one character sheet so far. Hopefully every one else is working on theres?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry