News:

Main Menu

Free to play PC Games

Started by Frelance, October 15, 2011, 11:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Elenwe on November 01, 2011, 06:09:27 PM
Lineage 2 is going to be f2p before the end of this year, I'm sooo going to check out my old little sorcerer when this happens, back then it was so very painful to level up but now it seems that it's much easier.

Are you seriouseseseses? :o

I only ever liked L2 for the eye candy since the grind is unbelievably grindy. F2P models are perfect for eye candy games. =D

Been meaning to try Allods, too, but sorta in an I-do-too-much-gaming-already mindset at the moment. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Jacqueline

Yup, that's what I read although who knows, it might still be painful but just not that much, when it goes f2p I will let you know. Also I didn't know about Allods, the characters look pretty!

Sel Nar

Guild Wars. 30$ for the three campaigns (the trilogy pack), and after that it's All free. Only thing you have to pay for is campaign access, and eye of the north, while it's a nice little 'capstone' to the story, isn't required.

Jacqueline

Guild wars 2 is due to release soon too but who knows when. Anyway there is a race that bothers me so much, I don't remember the name but it's a bunch of creepy ugly little things, I hate them.

Sel Nar

Would that be the Asura (playable in GW2) due to how cute they are until they smile and reveal a mouthful of sharp'n'pointys? Or because they're demonstrably smarter than you?

Jacqueline

Yup, the Asura are as cute as a gremlin, and not Gizmo, no, no, the green ones. Remember that unlike real persons the Asura are a bunch of pixels and they possess no intelligence or feelings… although they're probably still smarter than a gremlin.

Sel Nar

Ah, but the entire 'hat' the species wears is that they're all extremely intelligent in regards to magical technologies, but utterly forget things like 'Ethics' Or 'safety'

Jacqueline

Well you only have to watch the two Gremlins movies to see how much they forget about ethics (none) and safety (less than none), they're funny.

Shjade

Quote from: Sel Nar on November 03, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
Ah, but the entire 'hat' the species wears is that they're all extremely intelligent in regards to magical technologies, but utterly forget things like 'Ethics' Or 'safety'

So they're gnomes.
◕/◕'s

Sel Nar

Gnomes use pure technology, and, if we're talking the Krynn variant, fail utterly all the time. Asura acre genuinely successful, but as a race they're both unfocused, and highly experimental so they end up doing things like overcharging a Golem's capacitor crystal, which would make it more powerful but have a chance of going kablam in a way capable of killing whomever was studying it.

Also, Asura are taller, have bigger ears, lots of sharky teeths, and look more like sapient reptilians with football heads.

Shjade

So they're uglier gnomes. I didn't realize that was possible.
◕/◕'s

Jacqueline

At least they sound quite funny. By the way, off topic question, wasn't there a Gremlins 3 movie? it keeps ringing a bell but... I can't find it.

Oniya

IMDB's got nothing on it.  Even the message boards say that there wasn't one as of 2010, and it's not looking likely that there would be another one.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jacqueline

Damn, then I'm likely thinking of another movie. Thanks for looking into it Oniya.

SinXAzgard21

Well i'm getting DC free on my ps3 so I'll give that a shot... Though I still play WoW.  Most free MMo's are a pain to play as if it is pvp everyone is over powered with RM gear.  So it isn't fun and then there is the grinding to max level by yourself in a game where there is barely any English speaking people though granted most the f2p games are from over seas so they are not to blame.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Wow, just tried to install Allods to give it a shot. Slowest patcher in the history of patchers, ever. Jeebis. Free's too expensive to wait for a 920mb patch at 4kb/sec just to even TRY the game.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Holy shit that is slow, I had RO installed and patched today in less than 15 minutes....

Jacqueline

Don't they have a torrent alike downloader? or something similar? that's really slow.

SinXAzgard21

So I downloaded DC Universe on my ps3... For a note to all people who want to get this game, do not download and patch on wifi.  Connect your ps3 via ethernet cable and life will be much smoother.

I played for about four hours and my only issue was the camera angles using the ps3 controller, it takes some time to get used to as there is no camera reset button.  Other than that it ran smooth as hell, quests are easy as there are lots of other playing and as long as you some damage you can help kill things and still get exp and quests done unlike in wow where if something is hit and you get squat. 

Didn't see much asshole trolling going on, every one seemed helpful when someone asked for advise or quest help.  Though of course we know it is out there.  Ps3 controls are really easy, the hot bars are keyed to the L2 and R2 buttons along with Triangle, Circle, Square and X buttons.  Press L2 and the button the ability is keyed to.  If you want to play on pc you only need 30gb of space, 2gb of ram and I would suggest no lower than a Radeon HD 6570 graphics card.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 03, 2011, 11:23:41 PM
Holy shit that is slow, I had RO installed and patched today in less than 15 minutes....

People still play RO?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on November 04, 2011, 03:01:34 PM
People still play RO?

Yup, I do it when severs are down or I play my emulators.

Samael

Stealth Bastard
http://www.stealthbastard.com/

It's a new puzzle platformer. Not only does it look beautifully retro, it is also great fun, and it runs on many systems. It also comes with a level editor, which can make you sure your designs with hundreds of thousands of people.

It's only about 20MB, so, won't hurt to give it a try!
I'm enjoying it quite a lot

Stealth Bastard - Launch Trailer

On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Sabby

I just got onto DC Universe as well. I usually hate MMO's, but this one I'm loving!

Hemingway

Guild Wars does have one thing going for it: nine foot ( or something ) tall viking women.

That's kinda hot.

Jacqueline

I might try Guild Wars 2 when it's released, even if I hate the creepy little ones to death.

I'd like to try a cute brunette thief, just like the one in these videos, except for the hairstyle. I would choose a longer one.

Guild Wars 2 - GDC 2011 [PART 3] - Thief gameplay

Guild Wars 2 - GDC 2011 [PART 4] - Thief gameplay