Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (NC)

Started by Jaded, January 28, 2014, 11:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

I am curious if there is any interest in an Edge of the Empire game?  I am thinking as a start, and as a way to bring the characters together, the plot would focus on the characters breaking out of a prison.  The initial few scenes would be them breaking out of their cells, collecting their gear, and making it to a ship.  From there, I have a few ideas, but it would depend on the characters involved.

• The characters would be imprisoned for a variety of reasons, and could simply be falsely accused.
  • The prison would be run by a local militia, badly trained and corrupt individuals mostly interested in lining their own pockets.
  • The game would be rated Nonconsensual-Exotic.
  • I would only be allowing the core rulebook.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

FetzerDelRayne

I don't know the Edge of the Empire system at all.  But I'd happily find the book, and roll a character.  Without seeing the book, I've played some 4th ed Star Wars.  I've always wanted to play a sort of Force Adept that had no real training, but had found a way to use the force to speed himself up to the point where time seemed to slow down around him.  A sort of full potential of Jedi Reflexes.  But unsure how that would translate to rules.  PM me with input, but I'd really dig a Star wars game.

Kord

My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

Robyn Hood

I've never used the rules but I would be interested.

Muse

Oh!  i have this book.  I haven't played it before but i'd love to try.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Jaded

Quote from: FetzerDelRayne on January 29, 2014, 05:17:55 AM
I don't know the Edge of the Empire system at all.  But I'd happily find the book, and roll a character.  Without seeing the book, I've played some 4th ed Star Wars.  I've always wanted to play a sort of Force Adept that had no real training, but had found a way to use the force to speed himself up to the point where time seemed to slow down around him.  A sort of full potential of Jedi Reflexes.  But unsure how that would translate to rules.  PM me with input, but I'd really dig a Star wars game.

Edge of the Empire is mostly focused on the Han Solo types (I think they are doing a separate force user book later).  There is a Force Exile talent tree, but it isn't anything that I've more than skimmed.  It is meant for Padawans and similar who avoided Order 66 (if I am not mistaken), so does somewhat limit the concept.

For those interested, did you have a thought on your careers, species, and obligations? 

I'll start to work on a bit more setting detail as it looks like we should have enough to get started.  My initial thought was that the game will start on an Outer Rim planet that has fallen under the influence of a self-styled General.  His power base is a poorly trained, and very corrupt, militia.  He has toadied up to the Empire to stay in power.  The lack of an Imperial presence, and a great deal of corruption, has made the planet a haven for smugglers and other criminals. 

The characters would have been arrested for a variety of reasons.  They could be smugglers, political prisoners, falsely accused, or even held for ransom.

FetzerDelRayne

Mine would just be a bounty hunter.  Human.  He is force sensitive, but doesn't know what it means, just that when his adrenalin pumps he is fast enough to dodge blaster fire, and excels at hand to hand.  Uses a vibro-blade, and a hand blaster.  Mayhap he was hired by empire agents to kill this general, as it's too far out to bother sending full strike forces?

Jaded

A bounty hunter hired to kill the General would work (though probably not by the Empire), however a Force Sensitive is rather iffier.  You may be able to boost your defence a few ways using the rules, but would likely be very weak in other areas.  A person dodging blaster bolts would also draw a great deal of attention from the Empire, and probably be hunted down if word got out. 

I'm leaning to banning Force Exiles as starting characters TBH.

PhantomPistoleer

I want to be a Human Smuggler or a Hired Gun with the Criminal Obligation.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

FetzerDelRayne

Quote from: Jaded on January 29, 2014, 09:08:29 PM
A bounty hunter hired to kill the General would work (though probably not by the Empire), however a Force Sensitive is rather iffier.  You may be able to boost your defence a few ways using the rules, but would likely be very weak in other areas.  A person dodging blaster bolts would also draw a great deal of attention from the Empire, and probably be hunted down if word got out. 

This is perfectly Acceptable.  How would we be getting sheets to you?  I'll just roll using core book, and see what I get.  Go from there, that is if I'm accepted into the group.  If not the Empire, than a rival General, or even one of the corrupted men under his command?

Strangefate

Maybe doctor, politco, thief, trader, or technician, something like that.  Race would almost certainly be human, Twi'lek, Wookie, or droid.  Basically something someone else isn't already doing.   It also depends a little bit on how the NC erotic element is setup I suppose, and whether we're making characters apt to get into trouble or thorough scoundrels.   
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Jaded

Quote from: FetzerDelRayne on January 29, 2014, 09:56:25 PM
This is perfectly Acceptable.  How would we be getting sheets to you?  I'll just roll using core book, and see what I get.  Go from there, that is if I'm accepted into the group.  If not the Empire, than a rival General, or even one of the corrupted men under his command?

You are welcome to join if you are fine not playing a Force Sensitive.  There is a character sheet below for everyone to fill out.  You can post it in this thread, or I'll make a specific character sheet thread shortly. 

Your character would probably have been hired anonymously if it is a local. 

Quote from: Strangefate on January 29, 2014, 10:07:48 PM
Maybe doctor, politco, thief, trader, or technician, something like that.  Race would almost certainly be human, Twi'lek, Wookie, or droid.  Basically something someone else isn't already doing.   It also depends a little bit on how the NC erotic element is setup I suppose, and whether we're making characters apt to get into trouble or thorough scoundrels.   

The NC element would vary.  I'm not expecting all the characters to be 'good,' so they could be villains if a character really wanted.  Though they'd have to be able to get along with the rest of the group.  Otherwise, if a character is captured they might be subjected to various things.  I'll admit I prefer that characters are female for this purpose (as I prefer M/F instead of F/F or M/M, and suck at F doms) but it isn't a requirement.

Sex won't be the focus of the game though, just a possibility.

General Aschansa seized power on the Outer Rim world of Erston in the early years of the Clone Wars.  The world itself was relatively unremarkable and unimportant, and was never the site of any major battle.  In the years that followed the General expanded his power base and control through the Erston Militia, a poorly trained and largely corrupt military.  The general populace found themselves regularly forced to pay bribes and 'protection money' to avoid trouble. 

The high level of corruption, and the lack of an Imperial presence, has caused Erston to grow into a major port of trade for smugglers and other criminals.  It is usually easy to bribe ones way out of any trouble. 

Vidro Prison is located on an island a few miles to the west of Esrton's capital city Kepora.  It is a sprawling complex that has been expanded, bombed, repaired, and generally made a mess of over the decades.  It has a constantly shifting population, with nearly anyone arrested in Kepora eventually finding their way there, and people regularly bribing their way out. 

Please make sure you keep the tt code, and please try to keep the alignment correct (using notepad, or Courier New in Word or such will help with this).

[tt]Character Name:
Species:
Career:
Specialization Trees:
Player:
Motivations:
Obligations:
Credits:

Soak Value: ??     Defence: ??
    Wounds: ??/??   Strain: ??/??

Brawn: ?    Agility: ?  Intellect: ? 
Cunning: ?  Willpower: ?   Presence: ?

GENERAL SKILLS     | CAREER? | RANK

Astrogation (Int) |    ?    |
           Athletics (Br) |    ?    |
               Charm (Pr) |    ?    |
          Coercion (Will) |    ?    |
          Computers (Int) |    ?    |
                Cool (Pr) |    ?    |
        Coordination (Ag) |    ?    |
          Deception (Cun) |    ?    |
        Discipline (Will) |    ?    |
          Leadership (Pr) |    ?    |
          Mechanics (Int) |    ?    |
           Medicine (Int) |    ?    |
         Negotiation (Pr) |    ?    |
         Perception (Cun) |    ?    |
Piloting - Planetary (Ag) |    ?    |
    Piloting - Space (Ag) |    ?    |
          Resilience (Br) |    ?    |
        Skulduggery (Cun) |    ?    |
             Stealth (Ag) |    ?    |
         Streetwise (Cun) |    ?    |
           Survival (Cun) |    ?    |
         Vigilance (Will) |    ?    |

COMBAT SKILLS      | CAREER? | RANK

Brawl (Br) |    ?    |
             Gunnery (Ag) |    ?    |
               Melee (Br) |    ?    |
      Ranged - Light (Ag) |    ?    |
      Ranged - Heavy (Ag) |    ?    |

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS     | CAREER? | RANK

Core Worlds (Int) |    ?    |
          Education (Int) |    ?    |
               Lore (Int) |    ?    |
          Outer Rim (Int) |    ?    |
         Underworld (Int) |    ?    |
           Xenology (Int) |    ?    |
          Other:          |    ?    |

TALENTS
NAME              |   PAGE   |  SUMMARY

WEAPONS

WEAPON  |  SKILL  |  DAMAGE  |  RANGE  |  CRIT  |  SPECIAL

EQUIPMENT

APPEARANCE

BACKGROUND[/tt]

ShadowFox89

Interested! I believe I already have a character sitting around somewhere, if I can find them.... Twi'lekk scoundrel/pilot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Jaded on January 29, 2014, 09:08:29 PM

I don't really think it'll be necessary to go that far.  The pre-existing Obligation mechanic can model being hunted by the Empire pretty well, all things considered.

That said, I once participated in an Edge of the Empire game here on E that didn't get very far.  Any chance I could reuse my character from that game?  She's a Jawa, and uses homebrew stats for Jawas, since there aren't any official ones out yet.

Said homebrew stats can be found in The Unofficial Species Menagerie, if you'd like to look them over for yourself.

Eclectic

Hi there everyone!  Pretty new to the site here (I was only just approved this morning) and I'm not familiar with the system but I'd love to get involved with this game if you are still recruiting.  Is there a separate place for character submissions? 

Jaded

Character Sheets can be posted to: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=196051.0
Thanks. :-)

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 30, 2014, 08:46:38 PM
Interested! I believe I already have a character sitting around somewhere, if I can find them.... Twi'lekk scoundrel/pilot.

Sounds good.

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 30, 2014, 10:13:22 PM
I don't really think it'll be necessary to go that far.  The pre-existing Obligation mechanic can model being hunted by the Empire pretty well, all things considered.

That said, I once participated in an Edge of the Empire game here on E that didn't get very far.  Any chance I could reuse my character from that game?  She's a Jawa, and uses homebrew stats for Jawas, since there aren't any official ones out yet.

Said homebrew stats can be found in The Unofficial Species Menagerie, if you'd like to look them over for yourself.

I'd prefer not to deal with Force Users for now.  Maybe once I have GMed the system a bit more.

For now I am only allowing the use of the core rulebook, no supplements (official or otherwise).  Sorry.

Quote from: Eclectic on January 31, 2014, 12:12:11 PM
Hi there everyone!  Pretty new to the site here (I was only just approved this morning) and I'm not familiar with the system but I'd love to get involved with this game if you are still recruiting.  Is there a separate place for character submissions? 

Unfortunately access to the book would be a requirement.  If you do have access, see above for where to post your character sheet. :-) 

Kunoichi

Quote from: Jaded on January 31, 2014, 10:21:11 PM
I'd prefer not to deal with Force Users for now.  Maybe once I have GMed the system a bit more.

For now I am only allowing the use of the core rulebook, no supplements (official or otherwise).  Sorry.

Alright.  I think I'll try coming up with a droid Bounty Hunter or Hired Gun, in that case. ^^

Kunoichi

By the way, if anyone would like a character sheet like the ones ShadowFox and I have, they can be found here.

Also, if anyone else is making a Droid or Technician character, I wouldn't be averse to tying our backstories together somehow. ^^

Robyn Hood

Well I was thinking a bounty hunter myself, but I don't have access to the book so I guess that means I'm out?

Strangefate

I've made a Human Colonist: Politico with some non-career skill points in medicine just for everyone else's reference.  I'll add to the char list once I finish up the pesky flavor details.

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

FetzerDelRayne

I think I'm out.  Thanks so much for the consideration though.  I just get the feeling reading other system based forum stories, that they bog down too much, and forget story telling I wish this all the luck though.