What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalen

Not for me.. I'm not big on either coffee OR tea.

Cutter

I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

Captain Maltese

I greatly prefer coffee but after sevenish I'll rather have green tea and honey - coffeine is great for an allnighter but it's hard enough to get up in the morning as it is.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Kalen

Maybe I'd be better able to function if I picked up the coffee habit  :P

Kalen

Dinner last night.. was really an expensive dissapointment.  My wife was craving steak, but we had no time to cook one, as I had worked late.. so I bought steak and fries from a nearby restaurant and took them home.

As I discovered.. 8oz steak?  WAY too small for me.  And two of them for 30 bucks?  meh.  I would rather have bought two tbones and a bag of frozen fries, and made it all myself, had I the time.  It would have been not only a better value, but SO much tastier..

Cherri Tart

breakfast this morning is a banana dipped in maple syrup. yummy. :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cutter

Breakfast most important meal! Jump start that metabolism.

Honey-bunches of Oats fer me. Big cup o' Joe (er... coffee that is for you gutter minds!)
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

Kathadon

Toast and strawberry jam.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Captain Maltese

Today's bachelor dinner was wok'ed swedish sausage, brown breans, green beans, sweet & sour sauce, and served with rice.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Cutter

Fer me, Chicken Imperial.

(I'm in  a monarch-ish mood) :D

My On's and Off's :

Elandra

Sharp cheddar cheese melting over sour dough with a couple of pickles on the side.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Crows

No particularly interesting foodstuffs yesterday but this week I cooked about the fanciest dinner I've had in a while for my housemate and I.  Arugula with feta and sauteed apples, (honey vinaigrette dressing that I'll message anyone who wants the recipe - it was -incredible- and, also, a cinch).  Roasted red pepper leek soup (I'd never roasted peppers before by myself!) and merlot-poached pears for desert.  The desert and salad especially came out very, very sexy XD The soup could have used some improvement but it was certainly good enough to eat.  Whee cooking!

Cherri Tart

i'm terrible... when the g/fs not here, i just don't really have any desire to cook... dinner was an apple and a chunk of bleu cheese.  Fortuantly, i had lunch with family and was already still kind of full :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Kalen

t'was my weekend to cook suppers.. and I do rock.  ;D

Friday night was finger/pub food.. carrot sticks with southwest ranch dip, cheeseball, crackers, turkey sausage and fried pepperoni with honey mustard.. *drool*

Saturday night.. stay with me, this one's involved.  Fried beef, (extra extra lean, and carefully drained of the fat) with a sweet and sour sauce. (equal amounts brown sugar and  either ketchup or spaghetti sauce, with a 1/2 amount of vinegar)  seasoned with garlic, onion, steak spices, etc.. served with oven baked fries. 

Sunday.. bbq'ed tbone steak, boiled potatoes, corn.. caesar salad, and fresh homemade buns. 

Bliss

Quote from: Kalen on April 07, 2008, 06:12:35 AM
Saturday night.. stay with me, this one's involved.  Fried beef, (extra extra lean, and carefully drained of the fat) with a sweet and sour sauce. (equal amounts brown sugar and  either ketchup or spaghetti sauce, with a 1/2 amount of vinegar)  seasoned with garlic, onion, steak spices, etc.. served with oven baked fries. 

OMG droooooool.....
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

SerpentKiss

Last night, I made Penne Bologneise, which was basically using left overs from several meals I'd made over the past few days (Pasta Back, Chilli, etc) and just using ingredients before they went out of date to be honest with you. It also ended making enough for about 10, instead of just me and my flatmate...though we were starving and managed to eat most of it.

Cherri Tart

for breakfast, i had cinnamon toast and coffee - last night for dinner, A nice chard salad with cukes, avacado, red onions, and bleu cheese dressing and Fusilli with pesto and brownies covered in caramel for dessert :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Kalen

I just had a chicken salad sandwich with honey mustard, with a small handfull of pretzels.

Greenthorn

Ordered dinner tonight..I'm an original Philly girl..so some of you might not have a clue how awesomely good and fattening this meal is *grins*

Cheesesteak with onions rings in it and drenched in a honey BBQ sauce and hot peppers on the side (ohhhhh yum yum yum it was so damn good) 

*ponders going to get the other half but admonishes self*

Kalen

Hot dogs.  Plain, regular, cheapo brand weiners.

But.. they were the first ones of the season on my BBQ.   So they were AMAZING.  Some New England style buns, some barbeque sauce and honey mustard.. ahhhhh.

Greenthorn

The other half of that amazing cheesesteak from above *grins*

Kalen

Big Mac.. no pickles, extra sauce.  Extra large fries.. with sweet and sour nugget sauce to dip in.

Captain Maltese

Pasta di Parma with bacon.

Crows

We is gonna order wiiiings... I'm gonna have lemon pepper and garlic/parm.  I don't like 'hot wings', but I like me some deep fried salty chicken.  Oh me my.  The place we order from is right up on the corner (sometimes we eat there) and the dudes that run it are supremely awesome.

Trieste

Trail mix! Raisins, cashews, m&ms, peanuts and almonds!

Dunno if that counts as cooking. But it's yummy! I think I'll add dried pineapple next time, though... it needs more stuff other than nuts.