Warhammer 40k: Dark Imperium Rogue Trader

Started by Conundrum, January 02, 2019, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Conundrum on January 02, 2019, 05:54:03 PM
Well the Adeptus Sororitas are the Chambers Militant of Ordo Hereticus, not Ordos Xenos so when in Inquisitorial duty would generally be expected to operate against mutants and heretics rather than Xenos.  As the militant arm of the Ecclesiarchy they would generally be fighting beside Frateris Militia against heretical forces as well.  Engaging Xenos has never been a primary function for them.

*chuckles* I know. I'm just meme'ing about a bit. That said, they're still pretty indoctrinated and whilest not hostile to Xenos in an 'eradicate them all' fashion the Emperor has went on record as basically saying the other races had their time and fucked it up, let humanity have it.. and that's then been filtered through centures of aptly named xenophobia.

I guess in a vast empire of man there can be moderates too though. The rare case of a sensible person. :P

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on January 02, 2019, 05:57:51 PM
*chuckles* I know. I'm just meme'ing about a bit. That said, they're still pretty indoctrinated and whilest not hostile to Xenos in an 'eradicate them all' fashion the Emperor has went on record as basically saying the other races had their time and fucked it up, let humanity have it.. and that's then been filtered through centures of aptly named xenophobia.

I guess in a vast empire of man there can be moderates too though. The rare case of a sensible person. :P

...Radicals are more than moderates Frog. Some use daemons bound into human host bodies...and use xenos tech...and hire xenos mercenaries They're complete libertine when it comes to how best to steer the imperium. xD

...and some use hyper intelligent orangutans who can pimp out wargear. Only reason we have the Jakero is due to their association with the inquisition. xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Conundrum

Dark Angel loyalists also maintain xenos in their bases.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Drowdeviant

My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Conundrum

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Drowdeviant

Ironwolf85

Gotta ask what sorta level of hard/soft brutal/sexy ratio this game will have.

I got stuff from an actually justified human-y ork (ork dok just sorta scooped all the brainy bits off the ground back into an ork's skull), to space marine so good and pure the light of the emperor shines with he speaks, to an over the top shemale sister of battle turned inqusitor, because someone's gotta embody the emperor's libido.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 03, 2019, 02:43:49 AM
to an over the top shemale sister of battle turned inqusitor, because someone's gotta embody the emperor's libido.

Th. the emperor protects? *hesitant noises*

Conundrum

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 03, 2019, 02:43:49 AM
Gotta ask what sorta level of hard/soft brutal/sexy ratio this game will have.

I got stuff from an actually justified human-y ork (ork dok just sorta scooped all the brainy bits off the ground back into an ork's skull), to space marine so good and pure the light of the emperor shines with he speaks, to an over the top shemale sister of battle turned inqusitor, because someone's gotta embody the emperor's libido.

That was going to be pretty open to the players

HairyHeretic

I'm curious. There seems to be a lot of scope in what people are interested in playing. I've played the FFG line, but not Wrath and Glory (yet). Does it allow for such wide ranging characters in one group?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 03, 2019, 03:02:46 PM
I'm curious. There seems to be a lot of scope in what people are interested in playing. I've played the FFG line, but not Wrath and Glory (yet). Does it allow for such wide ranging characters in one group?

Don't know since I haven't tried the line. :P

Conundrum

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 03, 2019, 03:02:46 PM

The basic game before any homebrew allows much more broad character options than the FFG line.  It has xenos, astartes, and humans and uses a "tier" system to keep players at a rough parity.

HairyHeretic

Interesting. Well, if you need a Rogue Trader, and no one else is interested, I can play that role :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Conundrum

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 03, 2019, 03:24:46 PM
Interesting. Well, if you need a Rogue Trader, and no one else is interested, I can play that role :)

So far we do not have one so it is looking like you will get the job, do you have a preference between the system options?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Conundrum on January 03, 2019, 03:29:13 PM
So far we do not have one so it is looking like you will get the job, do you have a preference between the system options?

...and also is he in need of fiance/wife/consort? Knight scions can be very fun people. ;)

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on January 03, 2019, 06:55:20 AM
Th. the emperor protects? *hesitant noises*
Indeed he does brother. Remember to use a protection seal.
;)
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 03, 2019, 05:33:02 PM
Indeed he does brother. Remember to use a protection seal.
;)

*BLAMS! the obvious Slaneesh cultist masquerading as one of the emperor's holy bride* xD

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Conundrum on January 03, 2019, 03:29:13 PM

Not really. As I said, I haven't tried Wrath and Glory, but I'm happy to have a spin with it if that's what the majority want to use.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Conundrum

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 03, 2019, 06:39:07 PM
Not really. As I said, I haven't tried Wrath and Glory, but I'm happy to have a spin with it if that's what the majority want to use.

Unless I missed someone the only vote so far is Drowdeviant voting for Rogue Trader 2.0, a homebrew using Dark Heresy 2.0 as a base.

Dark Heresy 2.0 is close enough to Dark Heresy 1.0 it should not be an issue if you have FFG experience.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Conundrum on January 03, 2019, 06:42:47 PM
Unless I missed someone the only vote so far is Drowdeviant voting for Rogue Trader 2.0, a homebrew using Dark Heresy 2.0 as a base.

Dark Heresy 2.0 is close enough to Dark Heresy 1.0 it should not be an issue if you have FFG experience.

Yeah the only shit that gets changed for the most part is that you have only war's aptitude system instead of cookie cutter rank based progression for talents and skills.

HairyHeretic

I've played Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade and Deathwatch at different times, so shouldn't have too much trouble picking up a 2.0 ruleset

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Conundrum

If we go FFG over Wrath and Glory the Rogue Trader will have 100 ship points.  Any ship points not used will become your profit factor.

Red Leaf

Hi folks - just got approved, but this game looks ace! Room for one more?

I really love the idea of taking on a more radical role to state-sanctioned Rogue Trading, the possibilities are endless, and in the Dark Imperium - where we are pushing across the Great Rift - there is so much to explore, and so many weird and wonderful opportunities. I think that, if we're nabbing potential character spots, I'd quite like to pitch some sort of Adeptus Mechanicus character - a lovely, overbearing, 'definitely legit' and 'not at all SHODAN-esque' member of the Machine Cult who only wants to help? She just wants to make things perfect, and reconcile you all to the glory of the Imperator-Omnissiah wait why have I started typing in green help help! Should provide a lot of game in either the actual mechanical, narrative, or more Elliquiy-y sections of the game.

Regarding WnG vs. the FFG DH/RT 2.0 rules ... I think I'm a fan of the latter. WnG patches up some holes in what is now a rather venerable and creaking system, and covers some character options in the base ruleset that you can't easily recreate in the older system, but I still am a bit ??? at the Chargen process for it, and am much more familiar with the older ruleset. Besides, the sheer amount of weird and wonderful homebrew for the latter should offer a lot of fun options and weirdness for characters that would mostly get abstracted away in WnG. So, probably voting for RT 2.0 (or whatever hack of Only War, DH 2.0, and homebrew we go with).

Ironwolf85

If this is a serious game I'm leaning towards the orky idea, or basing a marine off capt titus. I had a lot of fun in the space marine game.

Conundrum

It seems like a majority have so far spoken for FFG.  The question then is 1st or 2nd edition.  2nd edition uses Dark Heresy 2e as a base.  This is the homebrew from Ordo Discordia.

Rogue Trader 2e

It draws on information from 1e and 2e plus that document.

Quote from: Red Leaf on January 04, 2019, 03:38:48 AM
Hi folks - just got approved, but this game looks ace! Room for one more?

I really love the idea of taking on a more radical role to state-sanctioned Rogue Trading, the possibilities are endless, and in the Dark Imperium - where we are pushing across the Great Rift - there is so much to explore, and so many weird and wonderful opportunities. I think that, if we're nabbing potential character spots, I'd quite like to pitch some sort of Adeptus Mechanicus character - a lovely, overbearing, 'definitely legit' and 'not at all SHODAN-esque' member of the Machine Cult who only wants to help? She just wants to make things perfect, and reconcile you all to the glory of the Imperator-Omnissiah wait why have I started typing in green help help! Should provide a lot of game in either the actual mechanical, narrative, or more Elliquiy-y sections of the game.

Regarding WnG vs. the FFG DH/RT 2.0 rules ... I think I'm a fan of the latter. WnG patches up some holes in what is now a rather venerable and creaking system, and covers some character options in the base ruleset that you can't easily recreate in the older system, but I still am a bit ??? at the Chargen process for it, and am much more familiar with the older ruleset. Besides, the sheer amount of weird and wonderful homebrew for the latter should offer a lot of fun options and weirdness for characters that would mostly get abstracted away in WnG. So, probably voting for RT 2.0 (or whatever hack of Only War, DH 2.0, and homebrew we go with).

Yes, this is still open, and I believe you are the third vote for FFG.

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 04, 2019, 03:52:38 AM
If this is a serious game I'm leaning towards the orky idea, or basing a marine off capt titus. I had a lot of fun in the space marine game.

This is aiming to be more serious than comedic.