Rebels of Eulevir (Pathfinder Good vs Evil Recruitment open!)

Started by Roleplay Frog, April 20, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

*plops in on Zaer*The things in spoilers are future character-concept names? *chuckles* Basics look fine, but have not yet used my eagle eyes-mode. *nods*

Zaer Darkwail

Nah, spoilered empty slots with names were name of maneuver schools. Now they got some maneuvers in them (but truth told any those names could fit as nick names). Also finished otherwise with the sheet.

Roleplay Frog

HAH! THEY WORK AS NICKNAMES FOR CHARACTERS AND SPECIAL SEX POSITIONS!

But seriously, will take a look soon *cough*

Bwahaha oh I can't take it.. 'steel serpent...'

I'll never see your character the way you want me to I fear... haaah.... sorry..

Zaer Darkwail

Bah, wait till we get to IC scenes and description of each style in detail and philosophy behind them; Steel Serpent is poisonous shadowy style (poison people by punching them with poisonous Ki). Or throw swirling big sized four star shuriken at them. Broken Blade had literally a punch which works 'punching on crotch' which auto staggers foe for 1 round if it hits (in first level maneuvers).

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 24, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
Bah, wait till we get to IC scenes and description of each style in detail and philosophy behind them; Steel Serpent is poisonous shadowy style (poison people by punching them with poisonous Ki). Or throw swirling big sized four star shuriken at them. Broken Blade had literally a punch which works 'punching on crotch' which auto staggers foe for 1 round if it hits (in first level maneuvers).

BAWAWHAAHAHWAHWHAWAHA YSTOPPPP

you maaake it woworeserseeee abaahahah.. sorry not tar.
not trying to mkae pf

.. you sound like a wrestler to me now.

Haaah..

Vhaearan used Shattered Dreams!
If this was PvM I'd approve you just on the chuckle..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn4-acZ7Iqo
Damn this almost broke me..

Sorry.. really dunno why these names get me such. I just imagine yous hwou.. shouting.. them happfahahaa..

OH MY GOD..
TAKE MY IRON SERPENT SLUT!

ooh I love it. I really wanna approve him, hope this class ain't op or whatever..

Zaer Darkwail

Well, OP or not depends entirely what you seem fair :P. Couple examples of actions he can do;

-He can track by scent, get bonus against whom he has claimed (and claimed person suffers -2 penalty to skills and CMB and it has no duration when it ends and my guy can locate their general direction as well). To claim either by spending 2 Ki points (spy said person remotely) or simply hurt someone with attack or maneuver.
-He can turn incorporeal vs one attack as immediate action if his stealth (+18 mod) surpass foes perception roll. Incorporeal state ignores non-magical attacks, get half of dmg from anything else unless it's force effect and can use same roll as reflex roll vs area effects (so get 1/4 of area dmg).
-He can roll his acrobatics (+13 mod) against melee attack and if win it, he throws his foe 10'ft off and failed reflex save foe lands prone.
-Best full attack he does with two attacks (with full bonus which is +9) which each does 1d8+5 base dmg and then additional 3d6+2 dmg (+2d6 vs claimed targets) and ignores DR.
-Single thrown attack he can force foe roll fort and will save (avoid staggered and sickened conditions) and make foe loose 2pts con and wisdom dmg.

However above stuff he cannot do constantly as he needs recover maneuvers and it happens when his claimed foe is reduced to 0 HP or he spends full round action doing nothing and gets 2 maneuvers back. Also he himself has AC 18 and less than 30 HP (but he can spend Ki point force foes re-roll attack rolls for 1 round).

Mister Ugly

Ya  know just looking over Zeal's character [which is well done and good concept] just shows what I was concerned about. A skilled and knowledgeable player of Pathfinder can make the 'Killer' that will be damn able hard to deal with unless you go with a maxxed out tier 1 class.
You do not want to get close to the character but then he gets a +30 to range and so you cannot really use range. I suppose we should be glad the character seems limited in magic.

Now that all being said. Well done on the concept and Build Zaer. Just shows how Pathfinder can be used for something like this.

Deva, the way it seems from the poles and How i suspect the 'evil' characters will be built is that you may need to allow the  'good guys' 2 or even 3 characters since I think many will fall quickly.

I am finally getting a chance to sit down and begin working out the idea for my character but I have jury duty to morrow and will not be on!

Oh I prefer this for the rebels over what you offered!
Since the rebels need to be dangerous to be anything serious. Oh the lewdness aspect will have a lot to do with builds... I mean I can build a fairly badass or I can build one that is fluffy cutey that plays at being a bad ass but wants to loose to the bad darkonites--- currently I plan on the bad ass and may go for a female depending on how many evil females there are!

https://youtu.be/x2ZRoWQ0grU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

firepyre

I'm going to withdraw my interest for now. I'm really not interested in getting caught up in what is, or isn't fair. There's already an air of compeditiveness developing that puts me off.

I love the concept, but it's not something I think will come to fruition without a co-operative spirit, and story first approach.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: firepyre on April 24, 2018, 07:00:24 PM
I'm going to withdraw my interest for now. I'm really not interested in getting caught up in what is, or isn't fair. There's already an air of compeditiveness developing that puts me off.

I love the concept, but it's not something I think will come to fruition without a co-operative spirit, and story first approach.

The idea of PvP itself is competitive. That does not mean we cannot be cooperative as well. Look at this as a game of Risk. You might enjoy working with a buddy in the game but in the end you want to win.

I do not plan on building the maxxed out character but one that fits the story and should do well. and be a pain in the ass to the evil ones.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

WTH? a couple of hours or so ago Zael was good now he is suspended...WTH?

<MU
Albert Einstein

Roleplay Frog

Uhm.. help.. what.. I uhm.. I get the whole competitiveness-drop (not quite where its coming from but their call), but suddenly a player is suspended as well.. that kinda really pushes down the numbers I got to work with into.. err..

Yeah kinda need more interest for this to work.

Sorry for cutting my responses short, bit baffled here, feel like this is kinda going downhill, fast...

So, going back, I recounted and we got.. two active and capable interests at the time? I'm not gonna close this down ofc, but perhaps not the time for this setting.

Or perhaps I should retry it without pathfinder and with freeform superpowers, but thats its own can 'o wormsies.

LizzieV

I can stick my flag in here. I can write a character for whichever side needs more people.
O/O

Mister Ugly

:-\ :-\

I swear the E die roller hates me...18 rolls --- 8 below 10 and highest was a 15...that is with rolling 4 and dropping lowest!!  Oh and 2 of the rolls where a 6 ...that is keeping 3 dice!!!

MU
Albert Einstein

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Mister Ugly on April 26, 2018, 02:26:10 PM
:-\ :-\

I swear the E die roller hates me...18 rolls --- 8 below 10 and highest was a 15...that is with rolling 4 and dropping lowest!!  Oh and 2 of the rolls where a 6 ...that is keeping 3 dice!!!

MU

Eh, show me the total, perhaps I'll let you have another go. I personally like two sixes and an 18 to play some sorta savant but thats pushing it. :P

Mister Ugly

2 Sixes? pleasee I do not see  hero being gimped to the point they cant function...that would be 1/3 of their abilities that are basically a minus to them...As GM I would use that against any character...<6 wisdom where here is a charm spell for ya roll a save at a -2... oh ya got a 6 intell..well thise orange coins are worth way more then the yellow ones...so the cost is 5 yellow coins for the meal....

Oh hell -2 to ac from a 6 dex...well guess you can get a 8 ac to start with....

Sorry Deva...it is maddening to me to roll 30 rolls and get nothing higher then a 15 and nearly half of the rolls below 10...I prefer the point buy and I HATE the point buy stuff!!

In a normal RP setting a low ability score can be dealt with in a PvP setting a low ability score kills you!! 2 low ability scores and you should never never get in a PVP fight!

Okay here are the sets of numbers
starting with At 2018-04-26 14:21:20, (uid: 56095) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11, 13, 6, 9, 15, 9
9, 11, 10, 8, 13, 11 
10, 13, 13, 6, 9, 10 
7, 11, 13, 12, 9, 12
9, 15, 16, 14, 14, 11 <<<first set of even half way decent numbers
11, 12, 17, 8, 7, 15
14, 6, 11, 14, 10, 13
17, 11, 16, 12, 8, 11
14, 13, 12, 13, 9, 17
Albert Einstein

Roleplay Frog

Two sixes and an eighteen I could very easily and enjoyably rp, for example, I'd love to play it with some sort of goblin-fighter. Direct stat draining abilities and poisons can mess with you, but you don't need int and charisma anyway and it can be quite charming.

An alternative approach is to dumpstat wis and charisma entirely, but make a wizard savant, ultra-bookworm style, you can mitigate the save with feats.

Dropping two physical stats low is far more dangerous, but you don't need str and with the right build you can either forego dex or cons as well. It's a challenge.. and those are fun.

Simple example is a shaper druid or synthesist summoner, with those you can actually dumpstat all three physical stats and roleplay it as like 'I'm a really old dude, don't mind me.. and now I'm cosplaying as Great Wolf Siv!'

Quote9, 11, 10, 8, 13, 11
10, 13, 13, 6, 9, 10
7, 11, 13, 12, 9, 12
9, 15, 16, 14, 14, 11

I'll admit that the first and third rolls are kinda boring, bu the second and most certainly the fourth you can easily work with. I'll not allow you to just keep rolling until you hit two 18's and a 17 or whatever.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Deva on April 26, 2018, 02:57:09 PM
Two sixes and an eighteen I could very easily and enjoyably rp, for example, I'd love to play it with some sort of goblin-fighter. Direct stat draining abilities and poisons can mess with you, but you don't need int and charisma anyway and it can be quite charming.

An alternative approach is to dumpstat wis and charisma entirely, but make a wizard savant, ultra-bookworm style, you can mitigate the save with feats.

Dropping two physical stats low is far more dangerous, but you don't need str and with the right build you can either forego dex or cons as well. It's a challenge.. and those are fun.

Simple example is a shaper druid or synthesist summoner, with those you can actually dumpstat all three physical stats and roleplay it as like 'I'm a really old dude, don't mind me.. and now I'm cosplaying as Great Wolf Siv!'

You point out you would do this in RP...you have a setting that encourages PvP the only real Dump stat for PvP is charisma and maybe Intell for a fighter... wisdom I would never drop in a PvP setting to many spells and things need a will save!!

Fine go wizard that is a tier one PvPer..but now I would have to change my concept based on the die rolls not build a character to fit the setting!
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Deva on April 26, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

I'll admit that the first and third rolls are kinda boring, bu the second and most certainly the fourth you can easily work with. I'll not allow you to just keep rolling until you hit two 18's and a 17 or whatever.

hadnt planned on rolling till i got the ultra high rolls and I can work with that set
9, 15, 16, 14, 14, 11
which over all is the best of all the groups

<MU
Albert Einstein

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Mister Ugly on April 26, 2018, 03:01:16 PM
You point out you would do this in RP...you have a setting that encourages PvP the only real Dump stat for PvP is charisma and maybe Intell for a fighter... wisdom I would never drop in a PvP setting to many spells and things need a will save!!

Fine go wizard that is a tier one PvPer..but now I would have to change my concept based on the die rolls not build a character to fit the setting!

If you got a cranked up powerbuild you risk the DM shooting you in the chins before the race starts. I've done enough building to recognize this efficently and I will can anything that doesn't look fun. As for low wis.. There's ways to mitigate spells easy enough.

You should reconsider your approach if this alone serves to rile you up.

.. or perhaps I should reconsider my approach, only player that send in a sheet so far got suspended. Perhaps I'll make a poll to transform this into system-guided half freeform, fun as pathfinder builds can be.. bleh.

LizzieV

I can send a sheet in but I wasn't sure if everything was set in stone or not yet or which side I should join. From the lore I gathered something like an elven mage wouldn't be appropriate for the dark side and the like.
O/O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: LizzieV on April 26, 2018, 03:17:19 PM
I can send a sheet in but I wasn't sure if everything was set in stone or not yet or which side I should join. From the lore I gathered something like an elven mage wouldn't be appropriate for the dark side and the like.

Correct on both accounts. I currently heavily consider refreshing this as a free form that takes inspiration from a hand crafted superpower system for balancing, to attract new interests(also, perhaps wait with recruiting over the end of exam season. :P). This kind of setting thrives better with eight than with four players.

Anyone here right now only here for the pathfindery goodness and minding a switch over attempt?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Deva on April 26, 2018, 03:20:36 PM
Correct on both accounts. I currently heavily consider refreshing this as a free form that takes inspiration from a hand crafted superpower system for balancing, to attract new interests(also, perhaps wait with recruiting over the end of exam season. :P). This kind of setting thrives better with eight than with four players.

Anyone here right now only here for the pathfindery goodness and minding a switch over attempt?

I'm only here for pathfinder. :P
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Deva on April 26, 2018, 03:13:18 PM
If you got a cranked up powerbuild you risk the DM shooting you in the chins before the race starts. I've done enough building to recognize this efficently and I will can anything that doesn't look fun. As for low wis.. There's ways to mitigate spells easy enough.

You should reconsider your approach if this alone serves to rile you up.

.. or perhaps I should reconsider my approach, only player that send in a sheet so far got suspended. Perhaps I'll make a poll to transform this into system-guided half freeform, fun as pathfinder builds can be.. bleh.

I am not going for a cranked up power build If I was I would only be considering Tier 1 classes and not tier 3... I understand how the builds work! I am trying to work with concepts for the setting...I have  two...a male hunter with a companion wolf and a female magus [maybe of noble blood or even the princess if she has escaped]. Having decent ability scores allows more customizing of the character and does not force one into the ---wizard savant--- or old man druid... [btw both classes are considered tier 1]
Albert Einstein

LizzieV

I don't like freeform PvP due to drama potential. While I would consider other systems I'd have to think heavily about doing anything freeform with inter-player conflict since they tend to devolve into one side always losing or there being a ton of arguments about who could beat who.
O/O

Roleplay Frog

Right-o, I get it, stick to pathfinder. *chuckles* just pondering.
Though, all pvp has conflict potential. Biggest reason I'll try and skew approval towards what sounds fun to fight with, just erotica-wise as well. ^^

Still want to attract more interests, we have 3 active voices atm... if I could I'd want to double that.

Also, I think each active right now is open to playing either side atm.