Seeking GM for Conan-style Man Out of Time Game/RP

Started by That One Dingus, September 08, 2021, 10:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Dingus

I was inspired with a very light Choose Your Own Adventure prompt and am looking for a GM/writing partner to help develop a plot bunny of mine.

He was one of the Ancient Men, the brave and strong hunters that followed the herds of mammoth across the frozen tundra. A battle against the beasts was always hard-fought, but the meat and fur were always worth the risk of death or maiming. This man was an accomplished hunter even among his own people... which availed him nothing when the ice shifted and he was trapped within its depths.

Now, thousands of years later, the land is irrevocably changed. The mammoths, the ice, his people... All gone. Thawed at least from his frozen stasis, the hunter finds himself a stranger in his own lands. Fortunately, he is neither alone nor unarmed. His faithful sabertooth cat had been trapped with him and now serves as his sole companion, a ferocious beast that is more than a match for any single combatant. The hunter's signature weapon is his greatbow, its length taller than his towering frame and carved from the limb of a now extinct species of redwood. This bow even doubles as a club when pressed.

This man would wander the countryside, at home in the wilderness but clueless to the progress of civilization... as well as new horrors that have arrived. I am flexible on what these threats are, but here are some suggestions:

• Iron Raiders: Plunderers and murderers that journey from across the sea to burn down villages and behead men, women, and children. With their armor and weapons of iron, they think themselves invincible... They think wrong.
  • The Szekai Snakemen: Numerous but cowardly serpentfolk that live underground and sneak out to capture human sacrifices for their living gods. They will find him no easy prey, but such an offering would be enough to earn great reward. (Bonus points if a sexy snake lady decides that she likes him much better alive.)
  • The Black Mass: An unholy cult of masked, robed figures heralding the return of some horrible dark power. They gather human sacrifices for fell rituals under the glinting point of a curving dagger. Relying on fear to prevent anyone from interfering with their wicked work, the cult finds a formidable opponent in the newly returned hunter.

"That's great and all, but what do you actually want?"

I am looking for someone to either GM a system game where I can put this idea into mechanics or a co-writer to do something more freeform and traditional. There would be a lot of action (and violence that comes with it), but there would also be romance as he inevitably meets up with women intrigued by his exotic ways. I am open to either forum play or playing via Discord. World-building would not have to be done in advance but could instead be constructed as we move along.

If anyone finds this idea interesting, or has any questions, feel free to PM me. Remember, you can take the man out of the cave, but not the cave out of the man!
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)