100 Days Of Happiness

Started by Rhedyn, April 27, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

The grumps has had me forgetting this, so it's a reminder for myself to expect success in what I do, not failure.

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

My muse has been going crazy lately but I've been unable to find the time to write because of the kidlets.
Today I was determined to get at least a couple of posts done so I occupied the kids with some homemade playdough and snuck up to my bedroom with a coffee and my muse.
Despite a couple of interruptions I did manage three replies for my stories which really cheered me up.

Rhedyn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xn8O1vJb0

Yesterday's small thing that made me smile was being sent this song by a friend.
I found it poignant and very fitting for where I am in life right now.

Rhedyn

And so we come to Day 100... I'm heading off in a few hours with the kidlets for a short break which I am sure will provide me with my last post for this blog. It'll be posted when I get back on Wednesday  :-)

jouzinka

Dovel

Have a good time on your trip!
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Rhedyn

Thanks guys <3

I'm back now, it was exhausting but we had fun and I may have found another Lego shop and bought myself another Minecraft Lego   ::)

Rhedyn

It seemed fitting to me to finish up with Monday's view from the Pier in Brighton.
We took a walk their shortly after arriving to see the sun begin it's slow descent over the sea.

We had a busy but lovely trip, the kidlets enjoyed themselves a lot and were thoroughly exhausted at the end of each day though thankfully weren't too grumpy because of it.

It's strange to see the Day 100 up there, the challenge is now complete and I really hope that everyone has enjoyed reading this blog as much as I have creating it. I've had some lovely messages from people both here and by PM and I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to read, comment and send me those messages.
You guys have really helped me to keep posting to it, even on the days when I struggled to find happy things <3

Cassandra LeMay

Well, the purpose of this blog, as I understand it, was to collect a journal of happy memories that you can look back to, to cheer you up when you need it. The hundred day challenge may be over, but it would be great if you could let us know here if this collection of moments will actually serve its purpose for you.

That said, thank you for sharing many beautiful, motivating, and funny pictures with us. I really enjoyed this while it lasted. :-)
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

jouzinka

Thank you for sticking to this, Rhed. I have enjoyed reading the blog immensely and I hope it has been a positive influence in your life. <3

Rhedyn

It really has, it's gotten me into the habit of looking out for the little things that make me smile whether it be as they happen or at the end of the day. This blog will definitely serve as a reminder of all those things for me. It just goes to show that no matter how bad a day you're having you can always find something to find happiness in.