Skies of Arcadia: Interest Check (2 Females Needed!)

Started by BruceTheCat, July 09, 2012, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apostateCourier

eeee... I'm trying to slowly slide into freeform roleplay, and I'm already joining one- I think I'll sit this one out guys, I'll enjoy reading it at least, and try to learn something. =) Have fun!

Dorian Grandale

Oh. Darnit. Arcadia is one of the prime inspirations for that game Oreida mantioned before. Since its failure, I've been reworking it.

Guess I'll wait for a later crew?
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Calison

Is it too late to join? Skies of Arcadia is easily one of my all time favorite rpgs and I have been wanting to do a roleplay of it. I can easily play a female character if need be/if no one objects and I would be interested in being anything from a lookout, merchant, sailor or a delegate just to use the crew member roles from the game.

BruceTheCat

@ Dorian and Calison

Since apostate decided to step aside for the game, you can both join pending you are alright with having RPing and having sex as a female character Calison?

I would feel more comfortable if you were to play as a feline Dorian, if you have to play a different race other than human at all. A draconid (which I assume is a half man half dragon) would just be too unusual.

Are both of you alright with around a once a day minimum post?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Calison

I'm perfectly fine with RPing and having sex as a female character, I rather prefer playing them ^^

Once a day minimum works for me.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm, I see. I can work with a post a day, yes.

And sure, either chara would be great. Will work him up shortly.

Oreida Wesker

Oh aye, Capt'n. -tips her wool knit cap- Reportin fer duty and e'er loyal. Sound off, cherries.

And people, keep in mind that former pirates, doctors, gunners, sages, so on are avaliable to play with. Good crew is hard to find.

Name: Oreida Wesker
Alias: Clang
Race: Dwarf/Lamia
Station: Engineer and Smyth
Appearance: Monochromatic hair, like a bucket of oil shining in the sun, so deep black it reflects a myraid of colors. Her eyes are yellow as molten gold, Golden brown skin like brown sugar. sinewy and long arms and legs hiden by snake oiled skin, slight elongated waist like an outstretched cat. Gives away to a chest big enough that she had to strap them down with gauze for the kind of clunky work she does. Normally barefoot with ankle wraps, the tips of her toes and fingers are tipped with sharp claws often filed to be flat. Four foot ten and an agile little serpent with a surprising amount of strength from a dimunitive statured female. She normally wears light material pants rolled around her hips with a pair of supenders. Her jacket overlaps it with a thick belt and a metal buckle with an open chest thats banaged up and makes her look a bit barrel chested.

Personality: Highly social despite working with mechanic devices all day. One has to go out and be noticed, it is part of her job to haggle and get good pricing for everything she has to work with so connections are a must. Friendly as she will come off, she still acts like a merchant and can be rather vicious when she finds a fault in a deal.  A pacifist by nature and religion, she has sworn never to kill. Blood even makes her a bit queasy if not served on a platter with beans mixed into mash potatoes.

Background: The daughter of a dwarven smyth that was lucky enough to get saddled by a half blood lamia working a local bordello. Least life was exciting and she was highly stimulated with learning and the knowledge and wisdom of various men and women. She went through schools, not of the normaly variety, but of life experience and only thing she couldn't learn from her parents, she followed her own dream to work on the large ships. Ever since she seen those silver things flying like the great birds of stories, she always wanted to jump on one and be  an invaluable member.

Your Magic Color: ? You mean like.. White magic = healing? or something?

Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Oreida Wesker

Hey, Red. Is it okay if I could help volunteer with template.. I understand this part is just introduction, but i'll be trying to set up action points and I could get that up for lookies and suggestions. ^_^
Hots and Nots

Calison

I just had a thought. So if this is taking place before the events of the game itself, are there restrictions on the countries that our characters can come from? It's been a while since I've played the game, but I'm pretty sure the three most accessible places--at least from where the game starts you--are Valua, Nasr, and the Central skies. Until Vyse and company get access to the more powerful engines and stuff it was hard to get to the Aztec-inspired place and Yafutoma.

@Oreida: I think the magic color might be referring the the moonstone you generally carry, like Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, or Silver.

Laughing Hyena

Yes the color corresponds to the six moons in Arcadia's Skies. Each moon corresponds to a different element or theme. For example the Red Moon is associated with Fire and Power in retrospect and hovers over the desert continent of Nasr.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, that makes much more sense. I really need to get me a copy of this game..

Calison

Character Sheet
Name: Nuria Sanchez
Alias: Lupita
Race: Human
Station: Lookout

Appearance:
A tall, athletic woman, Nuria can always be counted on to wear her black overcoat over simple, but sea-worthy clothes with a pair of strong boots. If you can get the overcoat off of her, Nuria's leathers hug her curves, acentuating her assets in a rather teasing way--given Nuria's personality, it'd be hard to place whether or not it was intentional or if it was just more comfortable to move around in. At her side is her rapier, a yellow moonstone set within the crossguard, the condiut for Nuria's lightening magic. A foldable spyglass is one of many items she has stored away on the pouches on her belt, into addition of helpful travel items.

Personality: Lots of time up in the crow's nest and a rather quiet home life has Nuria possessing rather solitary and quiet tendencies. Nuria's aloofness is nothing personal, usually. Get a few pints into her and she'll put enough wind in your sails to get you across the central skies, but Nuria reserves her speech for when she has something to report or when she is among close friends; disillusionment from her former career as a Valuan intelligence officer has left this young lookout with more than a few open scars in the trust department. A soldier through and through, Nuria has little problems with running her rapier through foes and coursing her lightening through them; she'll never seek out a fight if it can be helped, but when the gloves come off, some things just have to done.

Background: A former soldier of the Valuan Empire, Nuria comes from a minor, but old noble house. Against her parents' wishs, she chose to become a soldier and subsequently became astranged to them. During her eight years of service, Nuria served aboard serveral Valuan vessels, honing the eyes needed to be a lookout as well as sating her own desires to sail. The last posting she had was chief intelligence officer aboard the Spyglass, a scouting ship. The Spyglass' last mission would see it sunk by a Black Pirate force. Nuria blames the sinking and the loss of life that day on Valua itself; the Spyglass had been used as rather effective bait, lambs to the slaughter. Nuria left, dumping her uniform but keeping her rapier, her well trained eyes and her lightening magic. She felt she'd do more good for the general welfare as a pirate than she ever did as a soldier. 

Your Magic Color: Yellow, Spells: Electri, Driln

This is what I have so far for my character.

Laughing Hyena

I do wonder whom owns the ship? One of us or the GM does?

Oreida Wesker

Red is our Captain and it can either be his ship or Clang's, which is why she probably takes so good a care of it. For the Story, it's good there we will be all in one ship. I seen a lot of people trying to play opposing ships and so one and it doesn't really seem to work effectively for interaction.

Fitting answer, yes? -noses-
Hots and Nots

Laughing Hyena

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Icarus 'Steele'
Appearance: Pick your favorite image!
Will it be this one?
or...
This one?
or even...
This one?
Personality: Confident and full of zeal, Icarus comes off as an optimistic but cocky person whom is sure in his abilities and consider himself to be one of the best pilots in Arcadia. He wants to be the best and not just one of the best. He is never serious and often comes off as an immature person whom loves the finer things in life a bit too much, often indulging in food, drink, money and women and not in that order. He tends to look at life with a passive attitude letting things happen as they come and reacting to every situation, never proactively unless it is called for.
Background: There just isn't a lot of options for you in a place like Vaula. I wasn't the lucky ones whom so happened to be rich and rather then sit around in that smog encrusted hell hole stepped on and ignored by the rich snobs, you tend to turn to thievery in order to make ends meet. Well eventually things just kind of catch up to you so I did the 'smart' thing and stowed away on a ship. Not like there was any other way off right? Regardless I didn't get caught luckily but my free ride was definitely not an option since they were loading provisions on Sailors Island. Did I say loading? I meant confiscating.

I wished to continue with living and such so making myself useful I got a small gig at Sailors Island at the taverns where I could make ends meet washing dishes. Fascinating story right!? Well yours truly always manages to find new ways to get in over his head so one day a few of the Black Pirates of the affectionately dubbed Vendetta got a little raunchy with the waitress and well I can't have that since it's bad form. Big mistake. Apparently they liked me so much one of them got to knocking me out and shanghaied me onto the ship. Probably because I told a slight fib about me knowing where some fantastic treasure was during my storytelling and they were too drunk to know a story from reality.

Well they put me to work straight away scrubbing and doing the heavy lifting and so forth. I guess I can spin some decent lies because they believed the hype that the treasure was in Nasr. Lot of stuff gets buried there. On the way we were ambushed by ironically enough the same ship I stowed away on. Helmsman got blasted by one of those nifty cannons so I grabbed the wheel whilst man panicked and started trying to make a break for the deserts so that at east when you do crash you get some kind of buffering zone. Regardless, I actually had a hidden talent since we got out of that alive by staying near the mountain crags to try and lose them. I get made helmsmen since they needed the replacement. One thing leads to another I ditch the Black Pirates when they get to Nasrad... Or try to, as they spotted me so I got to run around a lot burrowing my way through a nifty restaurant in order to lose them. Ditched the bar fight and wound up out of two jobs so to speak.

Still it beat the alternative. The nights were quite active enough and after a bit of good living off their hard work I decided I needed more gold and the best way to do it was to keep at the whole helmsman gig. So I signed up with another crew though this time it was an actual merchants ship. The pay was good and the food was tasty. For a while it seemed like good work but what can I say trouble follows like a lost puppy. See the Black Pirates were still hunting around for that treasure with or without me and raiding whomever they could. So that was perhaps my first real ship battle and I gotta say it was probably one of the most exciting things to  be in. Sure it was dangerous but it's so much fun to outwit and outmaneuver them. Kind of the airship variant of chess where one wrong move means the end. We got boarded eventually after shooting up their ship and they rammed us. Fortunately for me you don't really forget how to shoot when you come from Vaula or when you are on a place like Sailors Island. Anyway we drove them off, I live to continue my adventures and you owe me another drink.

Now then where was I? Oh yes! See eventually we all know that I become a pirate but you never knew the why of it. Sure I skimmed over my skills and so forth but I am not a big fan of slavery as a way of making money. Recreation maybe but never for profit if you take my meaning. So with that said I found out that this old Nasr Merchant Ship had some rather interesting cargo. Namely fine figures, cute faces and lovely flesh. Well that didn't sit well with me, at all. So I went down to where the weapons and such were kept, broke them out and staged a little mutiny. Sufficed to say they did not expect them to fight that hard nor catch them with their pants down. Any that lived we left them by the oasis so they could walk back to Nasrad. So in short now I really am a pirate with a ship and a harem and I live happily ever after right?

Of course not! Why else would I be talking in a bar about all this and I need a damn drink again. So the lovelies decided to dump their savior off and steal the ship. Wasn't able to argue the point in bed and sprawled out. Least I got the gold all the same and probably woke up feeling better then I ever did in my entire life. Of course that was before the missing ship was noticed. Oh don't get me wrong they were sincere in their freedom but that story was only part true. See a few of them were also Black Pirates so yeah what a twist right? So back to square one once more and now I am here with you wanting me to be the helmsman. Well I see no reason in dragging it out any longer so I accept! Maybe this will be fun after all!

Laughing Hyena

BruceTheCat

I honestly hadn't decided about the ship just yet. Probably what I will do is have it to where my character own's the ship, or it belongs to some rich investor who is willing to give it to us if we search some old ruins.

That could be our first mission. Through the grapevine each of you hears about a ship Captain that needs a crew, apply and get the position. We start on the day that we set sail. What does everyone think?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Laughing Hyena

BruceTheCat

Looks good Hyena, I like the idea that the two of them have already 'interviewed', which would really just consist of them meeting up and exchanging war stories about their adventures so far.

If anyone else wants to have already met with my character prior to the beginning of the RP feel free to PM me and we can figure out those details.
- scribus1000

Dorian Grandale

Heh. Still working on my feline chara, which I'm making out to be a bit of an inventor, though with plenty of fight. He will likely hire on as a weapon deck crewmaster, or as a marine squad leader.

BruceTheCat

Can everyone.state what job they are wanting on the crew? I think we accidentally doubled up on weapon experts
- scribus1000

Calison

Laughing Hyena

Dorian Grandale

Ack.. Was this because of me? I can easily change my role, if needed.

BruceTheCat

I think we are ok, Oreida is going to be the engineer, which leaves an open spot for the gunner.
- scribus1000