MarvelThrones:A Tale Of Spider's & Hulk's(Need Captain America, Phoenix, others)

Started by NubianLegend, May 05, 2015, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 11, 2015, 11:10:58 AM
Without a phoenix or doom that leaves quite a few players without anything to do. Any suggestions?

I had previously suggested cutting the number of houses down. Maybe 2 'good' (Rogers, Stark), two more 'neutral' (Udaku and M), and two 'evil' (Hydra and Doom). Then House Parker could be split up and probably join Rogers or Stark and those of the former House Grey could split up between whatever they would naturally flock to. Just a thought. Though I'd still think 5 would be easier to handle than 6 houses.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

NubianLegend

Quote from: Mathim on June 08, 2015, 09:25:26 PM
It might have done better to have fewer houses from the beginning too, maybe 5 instead of, I think we had 8? Just a thought.

I have no problem ghost-writing as if I were the previous person so that's no issue for me, I noticed a bit earlier that caused a bit of fuss so no worries there if I step into Cap's shoes or whoever needs filling and catches my interest.

Yeah, I believe this arrangement will work for now. I hope it's not a burden on you or anything to take on some additional characters.

SweetSerenade

I'm going to interject, though House Doom does some questionable things - from how Nubian explained it to me they are /not/ Evil. That was the whole reason I put Ciera in House Doom, because it was /not/ evil. She will not work for Evil. Ciera is at the party, waiting for anyone to interact with, I had made plans for interactions with Loki - as well as a rather interesting history with him. But that is nixed until if/when we get a new one. Quite frankly I don't mind adjusting things a little, but I don't see how we /have/ to have certain characters for things to work. There are ways to make anything work. NPcs is a big thing for the time being, it's not unbelievable. I might be able to pick up Jean, but I'm still a little hesitant on that because I don't want to mess it up - plus I kinda am a little against the fanaticism of the followers of that faith...^^;;

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 11, 2015, 03:13:56 PM
I'm going to interject, though House Doom does some questionable things - from how Nubian explained it to me they are /not/ Evil. That was the whole reason I put Ciera in House Doom, because it was /not/ evil. She will not work for Evil. Ciera is at the party, waiting for anyone to interact with, I had made plans for interactions with Loki - as well as a rather interesting history with him. But that is nixed until if/when we get a new one. Quite frankly I don't mind adjusting things a little, but I don't see how we /have/ to have certain characters for things to work. There are ways to make anything work. NPcs is a big thing for the time being, it's not unbelievable. I might be able to pick up Jean, but I'm still a little hesitant on that because I don't want to mess it up - plus I kinda am a little against the fanaticism of the followers of that faith...^^;;

I was referring more to the comic lore behind Doom and HYDRA to define them as evil (also threw in quotes so that it was a bit more ambiguous), but thanks for the clarification.

I think if someone is basically the figurehead/leader of the house, then their characters are pretty necessary, but that also depends on the direction the story goes in.

Also I wondered if Atlantis would be a good House. I'd love to play as Namor and threaten other Houses' sea travel 'cause he doesn't like his turf to be trod upon, just to create some conflict.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sirian Eve

Sounds all good to me. So we should down size for this part of the story arc and develop some character drama.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

SweetSerenade

NPCing House Lords wouldn't be that hard. I could probably handle NPCing Doom for needed scenes - but only when it's absolutely needed. He is a bit of a recluse anyways, given his illness... So it's understandable. Quite frankly, I was more bummed at the loss of Loki - than the loss of Doom. I should probably also mention that there isn't really anyone in Doom's realm other than Ciera, so I might have her 'travel' a little with her Lords permission - so she can actually start gathering more information about the slaughter of her family. Track down lost items, stuff like that.

I think having the multiple houses is fine, we just have to streamline interactions a little more. Also totally against House Doom being made evil, just going to interject with that. It's a huge deciding factor for me and my character, and I will not personally play in a House that is marked as 'evil'.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26