Interest Check/Recruitment Thread For A Star wars Saga edition game on Zeltros.

Started by Marie Reynolds, February 12, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

Nope and feel to ask me about other force traditions that you might want to play as.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Thanks! Updated with armor and hitpoints, should be ready to go now, though I'm still writing up his backstory.

Also tyr, looked at your character sheet and loved the nautolan alien scoundrel. Just wanted to let you know that your armor bonus only applies to Reflex Defense, not to Fortitude and Will. I saw you said you're still learning the system so I thought I'd point it out to you.
God's had his coffee, all's right in the world.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Ditched it anyway, what's one point amirate? (Famous last words) But thx. Point out anything else you see.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Also, How does a character gain more skill points? Raising you ability score?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Since this isn't like D&D or Pathfinder, we don't get points we can distribute as we like. Instead we get a set number of trained skills at 1st level according to INT+Class bonus (You can also only make a skill trained if its on your class' selection of class skills.) If a skill is trained it gets a +5 to it. Essentially the only difference between trained and untrained is the +5, and that there are certain things you can only do if you're trained in a skill (Complex surgery for the Treat Injury Skill for example.) Our skill bonuses go up as we level up, (We get a bonus to a skill equal to 1/2 our level) and we also add our ability score modifier. But the only way to get more trained skills is to take the feat that gives you an extra one, (though you shouldn't as we're all really feat starved in this system and there are much better feats to get.) Instead what we should do is talk with the other players and diversify our skill selections so we cover a broader range of them. For instance, my character is very physical focused in his skills but I am good at mechanics and piloting and have a knowledge of combat tactics. Therefore it would be a little redundant if someone else was knowledgeable in combat tactics. But having another pilot or mechanic isn't as redundant.

Oh, but everyone should take Perception as a trained skill if their class has it. No exceptions.

(Sorry for the long lesson post. I play a lot of tabletop and I like explaining mechanics to people.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Nope, that helped! In that case…

Endurance, Knowledge (Tactics,) Perception and Swim.

Should I lose Tactics for Stealth or Acrobatic?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Acrobatics is very useful though if we have no one who can use stealth that would be helpful. Or you could take a knowledge skill that's a class skill for your scoundrel levels.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

You do distrubte them all based on level one. 

If you're level one was soldier, I don't think you can train acrobatics or setealht, either. 

Not sure if we have anyone else with paramedic skills, but if not Treat Injury could be really handy. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Edit: 

By the way, in order to qualify for the bounty hunter preistige class, you'll need at least three levels of scout. 

Did you decide you weren't using armor? 

If so, you might consider taking your scoundrel levels first--for the better skills--instead fo soldier.  (Or even scout!). 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

I love the concept art, Tyr. 

Glancing at your sheet: 
Reflex defense gets a +2 class bonus from Scoundre, overriding the +1 from soldier.  So that's a reflex defense of 18. 
You get one more languege. 

The rest looks correct.

Andy, you've got a Jedi going in Idej's game.  Might be really cool to see a droid.  :)

tyr4n02r

@Muse: Yea But I stared Soldier. I thought you only select one Defense from the 2nd+ class when multi classing. Or so I thought. Plz double-check and I will edit when confirmed
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Hm?  I've never read anything like that. 

Now, you can only select one feat from your second class when multiclassing. 

The thing that always confuses people about multiclassing is that the defenses from multiclassing don't stack, you just get the better. 

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Yeah sorry my bad, you have to choose trained skills from starting class.

Confirming what Muse said, you take the better of the defenses if you multiclass. So if you got a +1 from Soldier and a +2 from Scoundrel, you'd use the +2.

I actually would agree with the scout choice. Take that at first level instead of soldier. You lose on the 6 hit points from starting HP but you get an extra 2 trained skills. You can take a level of soldier if you want but I'd actually stick with Scout (But then I don't like Multi-classing except for prestige classing so take my recommendation on that front with a grain of salt.) If it were my character I'd also drop CON and STR by 2 points each and raise INT by at least one for an extra trained skill and also boost WIS so you can track better, also mean you could train treat Injury and patch us up in the field. (Survival is WIS and survival is tracking, essential for bounty hunting.) It would mean you'd be better sticking with range but with a high dex you probably should anyways.

I think Muse' character Miyaka is a scoundrel wth high CHA if I recall correctly, good choice for a party face, meaning if you were a scout we could cover a lot of bases. Miyaka talks her way anywhere and slices into any place she cant charm her way into, Adiron can find anyone, anywhere and follow them to the ends of whatever backwater planet they flee to, and Parjai can fly anything and shoot his way out of any situation.

(I may be eyeing heavy blaster rifles, grenade and missile launchers and sniper blaster rifles. And super heavy armor too. This guy better pay well.) XD

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yea I was just rebooking at a re-up, slightly. What Knowledge isn't cover yet?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Bureacracy, Galactic Lore, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Technology

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, unfortunately Tactics and Tech are the only ones that make sense for the Character. I'll take Tech, as I think it will be more useful.

Okay, I'm going Scout 3, although I really want a sneak attack, I just don't think it will be useful… Don't know if I'm going Bounty Hunter, or a bounty hunting Gunslinger.

EDIT: Scout 2/Scoundrel 1. I can't pass up a free "Point Blank"

EDIT 2: If no one is taking Lvl1 Soldier OR Knowledge Tactics, I am. Dunno, I'm just feelin' it… *shrug*
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

My Manager and did not get out of the store till midnight. So sorry about the delays.

@ Andy Give me a while the  force traditions are scattered throughout different books and I will get you a list of them and their sources soonish.

@Muse and Denim Thank you for stepping up and helping Tyr.

Denimgiant

@Tyr I'm a level 1,2,3 soldier with Knowledge tactics (Going super heavy bust em up soldier), if you need to see what other people are doing, my and Muse's sheets are on page 1 of this thread.

@Marie No problem! :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2CcDynJv7swYWRHNkRlZTZHV1E&usp=sharing

^This link to all the Saga pdfs also has pdfs listing all the different feats, skills, classes, powers and so forth and which books and page numbers they're in. I believe if you go to that link and click on class.pdf you'll see some classes with (Force Tradition) next to their name. That might be what you're looking for. (The books are there too for easy access.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

@DenimGiant, Yea, I looked at them last night, cuz insomnia 'n shit and did some matching. I have 1 Skill Point to allocate, and one language to pick. I'd pick Huttese for the language, but so did everybody else so I wanna cover our asses. Whats another common language in the area?

Endurance, Knowledge (Tech,) Perception, Stealth, Survival, Swim. Any suggestions for no7? Right now I have Ride, because the other of you both have Mechanics and Initiative. Maybe Pilot or Acrobatics?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

you should ttoaly grab treat injury if you can! 

gather info is good, but my Trace talent lets me do it wtih my use computers score. 

Edit:  Are you back to doing Soldier at level 1?