Pathfinder Adventures in the Emerald Spire [Players Wanted]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, June 15, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on June 17, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/kobold-press-open-design/spell-less-ranger/
Would it be alright if I used the spell-less ranger varient? I believe it's third party but I would like to have a witch/ranger but I can't with rangers spell casting abilities

No, I am not admitting any third-party material.

But you can always choose a ranger archetype that doesn't use spells.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

indarkestknight

At least four Paizo ranger archetypes are spell-less, though an alternative would be to play a witch/slayer.

Spell-less Ranger Archetypes:
Jungle Lord
Skirmisher
Sword Devil
Trapper

Hobbes1266

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 17, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
At least four Paizo ranger archetypes are spell-less, though an alternative would be to play a witch/slayer.

Spell-less Ranger Archetypes:
Jungle Lord
Skirmisher
Sword Devil
Trapper
Thank you! There are a good few archetypes to sift through so I appreciate the help, I'd managed to find trapper and skirmisher so far and skirmisher looks pretty good, but I'll definitely look at the other two.

indarkestknight

Those two are fairly obscure, having been released in Worldscape, the Pathfinder comic. Sword Devil is Red Sonja: The Archetype. Jungle Lord is Tarzan: The Archetype. Both are helpful in that they give you an unarmored AC bonus, though for Cha and Wis respectively, and both do trade away favored enemy if that makes a difference.

Hobbes1266

Edan
Lvl 1 Human Witch/Ranger(skirmisher) – 14 / 14 HPAC 14 – Character Sheet
Known for living as a hermit, though not unfriendly or reclusive around people, she has only rarely come to town to trade strange herbs for supplies before returning to the woods. She is rumored to be the servant of someone or something in the woods.

Waldham

QuoteSorry, but no.
Ok, I will remove the 2 skill points

indarkestknight

Enthralling Victor
Human Fighter (Warlord)/Unchained Rogue (Thug), 14 HP, AC 17, Character Sheet.
Ex-Gladiator. Won his freedom. A natural charmer.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 18, 2018, 04:11:42 AM
Enthralling Victor
Human Fighter (Warlord)/Unchained Rogue (Thug), 14 HP, AC 17, Character Sheet.
Ex-Gladiator. Won his freedom. A natural charmer.

Cool character.  I like him very much.  Mouser (the GM PC) will sing many songs about him.  And do let them have shared many women.  o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on June 18, 2018, 12:24:23 AM
Edan
Lvl 1 Human Witch/Ranger(skirmisher) – 14 / 14 HPAC 14 – Character Sheet
Known for living as a hermit, though not unfriendly or reclusive around people, she has only rarely come to town to trade strange herbs for supplies before returning to the woods. She is rumored to be the servant of someone or something in the woods.

How is that?

She's good.

I -hate- the actual character sheet, though.  You don't have to change it.  I just wanted to leave a comment to dissuade others in the future from using this style.

Quote from: Waldham on June 18, 2018, 12:26:48 AM
Ok, I will remove the 2 skill points

Great, thanks!

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hobbes1266

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 18, 2018, 08:20:34 AM
She's good.

I -hate- the actual character sheet, though.  You don't have to change it.  I just wanted to leave a comment to dissuade others in the future from using this style.
What's wrong with the character sheet? I don't have any problem changing it

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on June 18, 2018, 08:50:32 AM
What's wrong with the character sheet? I don't have any problem changing it

I think it's the experimental one, and not the regular one.

If you check Mouser's character sheet, you'll see it's different from the one you used.

I prefer that character sheet because I know where everything is.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hobbes1266

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 18, 2018, 08:52:27 AM
I think it's the experimental one, and not the regular one.

If you check Mouser's character sheet, you'll see it's different from the one you used.

I prefer that character sheet because I know where everything is.
It is the experimental one, I didn't know there was a preference. I was worried there was more of a fundamental problem with the character itself. I'll change it, probably after work. But I'm free to make an introductory post?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on June 18, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
It is the experimental one, I didn't know there was a preference. I was worried there was more of a fundamental problem with the character itself. I'll change it, probably after work. But I'm free to make an introductory post?

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

You are free to have Edan join the ranks.

You also were free to have Edan join the ranks.  :)

Please have a fun way for Mouser to know you.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

indarkestknight

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 18, 2018, 08:16:03 AM
Cool character.  I like him very much.  Mouser (the GM PC) will sing many songs about him.  And do let them have shared many women.  o_o

Thank you! I admit, I have to give the credit to the artist and the MtG department at Wizards of the Coast for the inspiration.

I'm thinking of having him as a relatively recent addition to Fort Inevitable, but that can absolutely happen!

Envious

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 18, 2018, 09:13:44 AM

I'm thinking of having him as a relatively recent addition to Fort Inevitable, but that can absolutely happen!

QuoteAnd do let them have shared many women.  o_o

Vendi and Mouser, the official welcuming squad.  <3

Vergil Tanner

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

indarkestknight

As far as I can tell, the highest Charisma in the party.  :P

I'm gonna regret not putting those stat points elsewhere later, probably...

Vergil Tanner

Yeeaaaah, but Tem is blonde with large breasts, so she gets a +10 Circumstantial Bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks made against heterosexual males and homosexual women. :P

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 18, 2018, 10:16:05 AM
Yeeaaaah, but Tem is blonde with large breasts, so she gets a +10 Circumstantial Bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks made against heterosexual males and homosexual women. :P

I would say that since Tem is a blonde with large breasts who often puts out, she gets a +20 circumstantial bonus to bluff and diplomacy.

Edit:  I should add that I'm joking.

But I am very fond of Tem.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 18, 2018, 10:17:43 AM
I would say that since Tem is a blonde with large breasts who often puts out, she gets a +20 circumstantial bonus to bluff and diplomacy.

I don't care if that was a joke, I'm taking it.

The GM said so, guys! I'm putting it in my Bio! :P

Seriously though, Seduction will be a common strategy for her when it comes to charming her way through talky barriers. Hopefully they'll be too...distracted...to realise that there are six adventurers sneaking past them :P

indarkestknight

A common tactic for them both. Would Tem be opposed to... collaboration on that front?

Autocad

Ishtar
Slyph Wizard (Wind Listener) / Fighter (Lore Warden), 14 HP, AC 16, Character Sheet.
Curious to a fault. Can never resist the opportunity to uncover a secret or mystery.

Hi guys!

Vergil Tanner

It depends who they're seducing and how he behaves around her :P