Interest Check:The Supers(So You Wanna Be A Hero?) *Still Open*

Started by Wicked Vixen, August 05, 2019, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyotess

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 07, 2019, 09:57:47 PM

I want to ensure this game's survival!  ;)

I made sure to come up with different plans on how to manage this hopefully it works out we shall. I need to see how big the cast is first to see which idea I can implement first!

Question, how are you going to handle combat? 
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: keyotess on August 07, 2019, 09:58:33 PM
Question, how are you going to handle combat?

Good question! For the MOST part you will be battling baddies handled by moi! Together through pm's we will sort of choreograph the fight at least general idea and endings with maybe a few more details to keep it fresh in each others minds (Since a blow by blow might be a bit much it depends). Then I will trust you all with being both realistic and knowing how not to god mod though if I have to I will ask you to alter a post.

Now for a player V player fight that we will likely do the same but if I'm honest I WANT to be able to trust y'all with knowing your limits and being realistic. However no one likes to lose which is why I don't really want y'all to fight one another BUT if you choose to lets say have an in-character disagreement and they butt heads and end up fighting you will do the same in pms OR you can write it out and leave it open ended trusting your opponent to write appropriately.

Now I know how that sounds but bear with me. I've done it with some people in the past and it worked fine as long as we got who was going to ultimately win out of the way. It makes it easier to write that way but again relies on a good amount of trust. SO if all else fails I make y'all pick a number then I roll the digital dice and whoever gets it or is closest will win the fight and the details will be up to the writers. If people REALLY think they should have won we will deal with that privately through pms and see what we can work out.

As for combat between MY baddies and y'all. There will be enough bad guys for everyone to be able to do their own thing in a post. The bad guys (especially at first) will be much stronger than us good guys just to make things fair because there will or could be like 10 people vs 1 poor bad guy but I have ideas to even the playing field.

If all of these fail to work out or make people mad well then I do have some other ideas but these top ones are my go to for now!

How does that sound?

Here's an example.

Never before had she enjoyed a guy's company so much and felt so relaxed. Joon was another one of the few people who treated her like an actual person and not just a copy of her sister. The win's were the best but even when she lost she felt elated upon seeing how hard she pushed Joon for the win. The scrapes, bruises and a broken bone here or there sometimes happened but nothing overly major. Still nothing felt better than being in the heat of a fight and Joon attacking her with a ferocity that matched her own. Joon himself was a lot like her. She taught he would be timid or rigid when it came to fighting her but he was a whole different person when it came to a fight. Looking at him was like looking into a mirror only he was a guy. She had shadow boxed in a room filled with mirrors before when she didn't have a partner and used this method to refine and perfect her techniques. But since fighting Joon she felt both of their technique,  adaptation, improvisation, and basic battle sense had greatly improved since meeting each other. As it was currently they were busy rolling around on the floor gasping for breath when they could, striking one another in an attempt to gain the advantage over each other. It was hard to keep from smiling she was having so much fun.

Fun even as Joon made her see stars as he straddled her and threw a punch into her jaw, however she was already moving her head and anticipating his punch so grabbing his arm and using it's momentum she bucked her hips getting her legs on firm ground as she heaved him off of her straining her muscles to the max. It was hard and not very technical since she basically just used brute strength but she rushed him getting his left arm weave her's through it and getting a hold of him by the back of the neck. Then using her weight, gravity and a little bit of his to take him flat on the ground on his stomach while she was on his back almost like a baby koala. He however rolled them and together they kept forcing each other to roll on the ground several times once more trying to get an advantage over one another again. Slowly though he was moving his body until he was now no longer on his stomach on the floor but was facing her and she was now the bottom, almost as if they were in a missionary position but without missing a beat she held onto him and got her legs under him sending him over her head but he held onto her so they created a wheel and rolled together. However Kira's legs were free and as they completed one revolution she landed on top of him with his head between her thighs, she was now on top and he was bottom under her. It might have been embarrassing since he was literally right there near her vagina but this was a fight and she was squeezing his head as tightly as she could. Besides they didn't think like that. His hands gripped at the tops of her thighs but she refused to budge even as she tried to twist and buck her off. She could have taken shots at him but they were both very red faced, sweaty and gasping for breath. Kira was trying to gather some strength as she was close to burning out. Joon was much better with the ground game and she was trying to hold her own.

She made the mistake to sit up after squeezing him with her thighs for about 10 seconds because suddenly she found his feet crossed against her ample chest and he forced her backwards onto the floor. He was now sitting upright but trapped between her thighs, she could see he was sweating bullets, and she was now trapped between his feet and the weight of his legs on her. He had his ankles locked and she had her ankles locked behind his head. Her arms were trapped in front of her and Joon was struggling to pry her thighs apart. They held that position for a few moments before falling sideways where they squeezed each other trying to force the other to tap out. It was now a war of attrition. Kira's muscles burned and she was trying to worm her arms out from under Joon's legs. For a long time they held one another neither one of them backing down when she finally freed her arms from Joon but gave him the opening he needed when she relaxed her legs for just a second. She scrambled up but Joon had been trapped with less air for longer and was not as quick as he was on still on all fours about to stand she jumped and crudely elbow dropped him square in the back relishing the groan escaping him. Grabbing him in a headlock as he tried to get up once more Kira squeezed and tried to take advantage of his air deprivation, taking his back when he pushed his hip into her and flipped her over his shoulder making her land heavily onto the padded mat forcing all the air out of her lungs.

Coughing/groaning even as she smiled she formed a T with her hands. He won. That was her last bit, she wasn't going to be able to come back from that in time to counter whatever he was going to follow up with, she knew her limits. She wouldn't risk it for the sake of pride alone. She was defeated this one was his. Laying there on the ground taking in fresh clean air she felt so hot and sweaty it was crazy, even with her hair in a ponytail she felt like it was smothering her.

This is only my post and not his own but we did something different that I hope could work well in this game. First we trusted to make sure we didn't make one another's character look dumb or incompetent. Second in our post we took control (We both agreed to allow the other to well god mod each other really. We gave permission to let each other move our characters to make our fight scene better) because we already knew who was going to win the fight. In a martial arts fight many things can happen in such a small space of time, all combat is like that really so we didn't want to swap back and forth small 2 lines of posts to get through all the moves we wanted to show case so this is what we did. As you can see my character lost but she didn't go out without a fight. In his post he had both of us trading blows and described them in great detail.  If this can work between us I feel with the proper mindset it could work with other people too. Especially since I am very competitive by nature too! It was very fun to write!
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Manaan

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 07, 2019, 10:22:20 PM
Will we ever find out what caused the incident?

That is for y'all to explore and find out. I am going to create the world and I will be leaving pieces and clues for people to search and investigate. All the while many many things will happen like events and/or side "quests/stories". But yes if you follow the bread crumbs I lay out you will find out what caused you all to gain powers but trust me this story is gonna be crazy!

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

keyotess

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 07, 2019, 10:10:47 PM
Good question! For the MOST part you will be battling baddies handled by moi! Together through pm's we will sort of choreograph the fight at least general idea and endings with maybe a few more details to keep it fresh in each others minds (Since a blow by blow might be a bit much it depends). Then I will trust you all with being both realistic and knowing how not to god mod though if I have to I will ask you to alter a post.

Now for a player V player fight that we will likely do the same but if I'm honest I WANT to be able to trust y'all with knowing your limits and being realistic. However no one likes to lose which is why I don't really want y'all to fight one another BUT if you choose to lets say have an in-character disagreement and they butt heads and end up fighting you will do the same in pms OR you can write it out and leave it open ended trusting your opponent to write appropriately.

Now I know how that sounds but bear with me. I've done it with some people in the past and it worked fine as long as we got who was going to ultimately win out of the way. It makes it easier to write that way but again relies on a good amount of trust. SO if all else fails I make y'all pick a number then I roll the digital dice and whoever gets it or is closest will win the fight and the details will be up to the writers. If people REALLY think they should have won we will deal with that privately through pms and see what we can work out.

As for combat between MY baddies and y'all. There will be enough bad guys for everyone to be able to do their own thing in a post. The bad guys (especially at first) will be much stronger than us good guys just to make things fair because there will or could be like 10 people vs 1 poor bad guy but I have ideas to even the playing field.

If all of these fail to work out or make people mad well then I do have some other ideas but these top ones are my go to for now!

How does that sound?

That sounds good to me!  :) Especially the part about figuring out who is ultimately going to win right off the bat.  That solves a lot of problems from the get go.   

One suggestion that I will throw out there for consideration:  in addition, have some simple rolling to help determine the ups and downs of combat.  Ultimately the dice don't control who wins or loses, that has already been decided, but the rolls would create the fun of ups and downs. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: keyotess on August 07, 2019, 10:27:09 PM
That sounds good to me!  :) Especially the part about figuring out who is ultimately going to win right off the bat.  That solves a lot of problems from the get go.   

One suggestion that I will throw out there for consideration:  in addition, have some simple rolling to help determine the ups and downs of combat.  Ultimately the dice don't control who wins or loses, that has already been decided, but the rolls would create the fun of ups and downs. :)

That does sound good too! I will make sure to keep a note of that. Ultimately once our cast is settled I am going to talk more about the game and how certain things will work. I am thinking that maybe I should bring in a co-gm but I am not yet sure. I need to think on it more but if this game blows up like I want it to I think it would be better to share the work load but for now I am seeing if I can manage!

MuteProtagonist

I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I'll join due to how limited my time is. Anyway, I do have a couple questions.

When does the event that gift our characters their powers take place? Will it be before the role-play, at the beginning, or shortly afterwards?

How will power progression be handled?

How weak can a character start off as? The power I'm thinking of giving my character is Plant Growth Manipulation. Basically, they can grow and decay plant-life. And that's it. They won't be able to control plants directly or make them move to their will. However, they will become really, really good at making plants grow, bloom and decay. Like insanely good. I want to start them off with their power being practically useless before it eventually blooms into something incredibly powerful. I have a lot of creative ideas for how it can be used.   

Bernardo Hoagie

Quote from: MuteProtagonist on August 08, 2019, 02:26:52 AM
I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I'll join due to how limited my time is. Anyway, I do have a couple questions.

When does the event that gift our characters their powers take place? Will it be before the role-play, at the beginning, or shortly afterwards?

How weak can a character start off as? The power I'm thinking of giving my character is Plant Growth Manipulation. Basically, they can grow and decay plant-life. And that's it. They won't be able to control plants directly or make them move to their will. However, they will become really, really good at making plants grow, bloom and decay. Like insanely good. I want to start them off with their power being practically useless before it eventually blooms into something incredibly powerful. I have a lot of creative ideas for how it can be used.

“I have the power to make a Redwood grow out of your ass, don’t test me” XD

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: MuteProtagonist on August 08, 2019, 02:26:52 AM

I've been in a game similar to this and the event took too long to happen and people faded away before we even got to it. So we are all going to write one post telling how we go about our day and then after everyone has posted once I'm going to trigger the event that blacks us all out and then write a post that basically has us all in one big room in a hospital being told that we all passed out and they don't know why.

Power progression will be handled two ways. Based on writing done aka "Training" I am going to have events and things that need to be done side plots and the main story as well as a "free roam" period of time. And during all that time I will watch and see who's character is spending what amount of time practicing and using their powers. The more often and the better quality the training (as well as writing) the faster you'll progress. However if you do nothing but practice your powers you WILL miss stuff and sometimes there might be an event or something to the story that could have given you a bigger boost.

We have three levels beginner, pro/skilled, and master.

Pro/skilled will by far be the the LONGEST road you'll ever be in. You will be there for 75-80 percent of the story. Mastery is not something that comes easy. In fact I'm being nice with my time table as if you as anyone no matter how skilled it takes years many hours of dedication and so much patience to become a master at anything. This will be the same.

Now I am also greedy and want badass powers too so we will have time to gradually get stronger just because I tell you "go ahead and update your character to pro/skilled" doesn't mean you automatically just start lobbing your powers left and right you gotta be realistic and take those exploration steps. Your powers are new and unheard of even for your character none of us know our limits yet so your character isn't gonna try to lift up an entire building right off the bat or create a massive fireball without trying to gradually work up to it. Especially since I've already told people if you push yourself too far too soon you WILL blackout and you CAN die if you keep doing it. That is why ALL powers are taxing no matter what. These are NOT natural abilities it's only with time and practice that they start to become natural to us at least

We all start out as "weak" compared to what you will end up as when you become a master

Chreestafer

So are we starting out with any connection to each other besides the fact we're all from the same town?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 08, 2019, 06:39:09 AM
So are we starting out with any connection to each other besides the fact we're all from the same town?

That is up to yall to decide. ☺️

Chreestafer

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 08, 2019, 06:54:04 AM

Just curious. Didnt want to overstep something preset  :)

Welp! I'm open to connections with others if anyone wants to PM me for ideas!
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Chreestafer on August 08, 2019, 07:03:00 AM
Just curious. Didnt want to overstep something preset  :)

Welp! I'm open to connections with others if anyone wants to PM me for ideas!

Yep feel free to be total strangers lovers friends enemies even but you'll have to work together eventually and remember we haven't gotten our full cast yet!

Wheresmycow

Alright, here is Art:

〚Art〛
Basic Information

Full Name: Arthur Thompson AKA Art, Arty
Sexuality: Straight
Occupation and/or Grade level: Masters in Computing Science, working on his PhD, with his focus on AI research.  He makes money doing freelance coding work and some app games.

Physical Description

Face Claim: Toby Maguire
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 154 lbs
Eye Colour: Grey Blue
Hair Colour: Brown

General Appearance: Art could best be described as gangly, being slightly taller than average with lanky limbs.  He generally wears loose, comfortable clothing, which tends to hide just how thin he is.

〚Personal Information〛

Notable Features: Nothing in particular about him stands out visually.  Occasionally he'll wear contacts instead of glasses.

Personality Traits:

• Kind: Fundamentally, Art is a nice guy.  He doesn’t want to hurt people, he wants to be helpful and generally treat people well.
  • Honest: For better or for worse, he doesn’t like lying and isn’t particularly good at it either.
  • Shy: He’s not great at socializing with a large group of people.  One-on-one is fine for him, though it’s a little tougher if he’s interacting with a stranger.
  • Humble: Art is pretty quiet about his accomplishments and doesn’t really brag.  He only talks about what he’s done if asked or it’s study/work related.
  • Diligent: You don’t earn a Masters and work towards a PhD by fucking around or being lazy.

Brief History:
Art has lived the most milk toast, white bread with the crust cut off life a person could possibly imagine.  Born in Gravewell, Amanda Faraday was his next door neighbourhood.  Picked on due to his small size and nerdy interests, she was his only real friend and he loved being around her.  Which was why he was completely devastated when his family moved to New York.  He was seven at the time and practically bawled the entire way there.  Cut off from his only friend, he had to push himself to make new ones.  Art still tried to keep in touch with Amanda through letters and emails, but the steady march of time meant the two slowly drifted apart.

Over time, Art started to grow up and mature.  New friends were made, some of them he lost touch with, and generally speaking life moved on.  He discovered early on his passion for computers and so when he graduated high school, he immediately enrolled into college and made it his major.  Being the smart and studious person that he was, he managed to pay most of his tuition off with scholarships, taking a minimal amount of student loans and managing to juggle a part-time job as a freelance coder.  Eventually, he got his bachelor degree in computing science and decided he would work towards a master’s degree, with the goal of earning a PhD in AI research.

Once he earned his master’s, he decided to move back to Gravewell and work on his PhD there, feeling a strong sense of nostalgia for the place he once grew up in.  It wasn’t like he couldn’t do his study and research remotely anyways, so he didn’t need to stay in New York.  And so, he found himself a cheap little home and moved back.

Superpowers
Superhuman Intellect: Art is beyond human levels of intelligence, which manifests in a number of ways.

• Perfect Memory: Not only can he store vast amounts of information inside his brain, he can accurately recall that information easily.
  • Superhuman Learning: Art can comprehend new information with ease, no matter how much there is or how difficult it is to understand, and can use that information effectively.
  • Enhanced Awareness: His enhanced mind allows him to notice even minute details around him.  He also has incredible intuition.
  • Superhuman Processing: This allows him to do all of the above incredibly quickly.  His ability to multi-task is also superhuman.
  • Incredible Mental Endurance: To be able to handle the strain of his powers, Art has a willpower and mental toughness that vastly surpasses the average person.

Skills
*After gaining his superhuman intellect, you can expect that this list will grow.

• Computers: He’s a very well-rounded computer geek, from coding, to databases, security and hardware.
  • Psychology: Working on AI research, understanding how the human mind works is incredibly useful.
  • First Aid: He’s no doctor (yet), but he’s had first aid training.
  • Game Art Design: By no means is he an expert.  It’s just enough so that his app games look professional and not trash.

Flaws and Weaknesses

Flaws:

• Non-Threatening: He’s not intimidating in the least.  Not only does he not look it, it’s not in his nature and people can pick up on that easily.
  • Overly Good-Hearted: So, it’s not that he’s naive or trusting.  He knows people lie, he knows some people get their kicks hurting or taking advantage of other people.  It’s just he believes you need to give people a chance, even if it’s likely to come back and bite you, and it has a few times already for him.  He still tries.

Weaknesses:

• Exhaustion: While he can operate at a slightly above genius level intellect on a day-to-day basis just fine, trying to go beyond that starts to strain him.  Depending on how hard he pushes himself, it can range from nosebleeds and headaches to severe nausea, migraines or even a stroke.

Likes: Computers, books, cute animals, comfort food, RPGs.

Dislikes: Bullies, large crowds, standing out.

〚Miscellaneous Information〛

• Childhood friends with Amanda Faraday
O/O's: Sames as preferences.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

El Maligno

Hey Wicked, Dominique asked me about your game too and I decided to cave. I'll join if you have room. I'd like to call dibs on a smoke manipulation ability.

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: El Maligno on August 08, 2019, 06:43:05 PM
Hey Wicked, Dominique asked me about your game too and I decided to cave. I'll join if you have room. I'd like to call dibs on a smoke manipulation ability.

AHHA! I TOLD YOU YOU'D BREAK!!!!

Awesome! I'll put it down so no one steals it I have yet to see someone ask for that ability....I think..i'm like 80 percent sure I didn't miss that!

WE ALWAYS HAVE ROOM! WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN AMAZEBAWLZ CAST!!!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 08, 2019, 06:54:04 AM

I think from the backgrounds Jack and Sam could know each other, both living on the streets, so to speak.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dominique

Character Name: Olivia Moretz
Sexuality: Bisexual
Education: High school Graduate

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 63 kg.
Hair Color: red
Eye Color: brown

Physical Description:
She has a slim build, slightly athletic because she goes running most mornings and enjoys a variety of more adventurous workouts. Her red hair is often worn down, although at work she will hold it back with a bandana or in a plain ponytail. She has long slender fingers, perfect for her line of work and neatly trimmed nails, never painted. Her body is graced with mature curves that allow her to wear just about any style of clothes, although she is prone to wearing somewhat naturally tinted outfits, a little on the alternative side. She also has a number of leather pants and boots, mostly used for when she's out on her motor cycle. Of course, what really catches the eye are the tattoos she possesses. Liv currently has several small ones and four bigger tattoos; one on her left shoulder blade, one wrapped around her ankle, another on her right arm and a fourth on her left arm. See her powers for specifics.

Personality:
Liv is a laidback person who is easy to get along with. She has worked hard to get where she is, but although she is proud of it, she's far from arrogant. If anything, she is all too aware not to take anything in life for granted and to be grateful for all that is handed to you, whether you earned it or whether it was thrown in your lap without any effort whatsoever. She has a dry, somewhat sarcastic sense of humour and is a proper team player who gets along with most people. Liv loves to socialize and parties like most people her age would. The only time where you better not disturb her is when she's busy drawing one of her sketches, not because she will be annoyed with you for bothering her, but because she'll likely not hear you to begin with. Liv has a way of getting completely absorbed by the process of creating a drawing, be it a design for a new tattoo or a sketch that doesn't serve any apparent purpose. When inspiration grips her, she often isolates herself from the outside world, which can be by hiding in her home, venturing into the forest on the edge of town, or even by simply hiding in a coffee shop without any awareness of the people around her at all.

Liv is also a thrill seeker, always flitting from one exciting thing to the next, always looking for something to trigger that rush of adrenaline or feeling of euphoria within. This shows in her somewhat extreme hobbies, but also makes her more vulnerable to addictions. It reflects in her love life as well, as her partners and hookups have not always been the most sensible choices, to put it gently. Liv's been rather unable to stick with any person for very long and would break things off before they would get too serious. Commitment isn't something she's really looking for, what draws her in is someone who adds something to her life, something exciting.

History:
Not everyone has an eventful childhood and Liv is very grateful that she grew up in one of the most loving and amazing families you could imagine. She has a younger brother and two wonderful parents; a dad who works as a mechanic at the local garage in Gravewell, and a mother who works part time at the bakery, and busily keeps the house tidy and prepares the most delicious over-the-top meals the rest of the time. Olivia had no trouble getting through school and she graduated with more than reasonable grades, although she spent a lot of her time being distracted by things far more exciting than homework and finals.

Liv lived in a small town but she was never a small town girl, and long before she got her high school diploma it was painfully clear that she was meant for greater things. Or greater cities, anyway, and no sooner did summer arrive, than the girl used the money she'd saved up from her weekend job at Macy's and took off to Vegas to make her dream of becoming a tattoo artist come true. The city was more than happy to welcome her - or rather, to swallow her whole and never let her go again. Not that she wanted to.

Admittedly, things were a bit rougher than she had initially expected, and after most of her money ran out not two weeks in (and not a job to show for it), Liv got a little nervous. Not that she had trouble meeting new friends, and sure enough she was able to get herself a place to sleep with one of her new friends. That he required a few favours in return was a minor sacrifice, and not long after that she managed to bag herself an apprenticeship. Over the three years that followed she learned a tremendous amount about being a tattoo artist, so much that, two years before the present, she returned to Gravewell and opened her own tattoo parlor where she works to this day. Her parents, slightly on the conservative side, had some issues with her big city attitude at first, but they have come around (mostly) since.

Likes: Drawing, mountainbiking, strong coffee, home cooked meals, skydiving, exciting people, horse races, motor cycles, using your imagination, musicals, casinos
Dislikes: Fish, arrogant people, guns, being too conservative, the sound of whistling
On's & Off's: She's into a lot of things and very eager to experiment. Enjoys one-night-stands, but gets rather iffy about people who seem like they're only friendly with her until they get off. Has a thing for threesomes.

Powers

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword:
Liv possesses the ability to alter her shape into the creations she puts to paper, and quite literally so. The short version is: if she can draw it, she can become it. She is literally only limited by her imagination. The long version is not quite so simple, of course. Liv, when actively wishing to do so, can alter her form to resemble a lifelike version of anything she draws or any drawing that she can come into contact with, including the perceived abilities that are traditionally attached to such a shape. It's a form of shapeshifting, where Liv uses pen and paper to be able to focus. Her ability to change into a creature conjured up by her own - or another's - imagination is something that draws upon her own life's energy and will continue to do so for as long as she maintains this different form. How much energy it saps depends on the strength, size and other qualities of the conjured up form and also on the medium through which it is brought into being.

Her power comes at three different levels:

1. Skin Deep: This is the most powerful of her abilities. Liv's body is adorned with (among others) four vastly different tattoos, each of them designed by herself. They are, in a way, drawings that she permanently carries with her and that Liv is very familiar with. Therefore they require less energy to change into and are considerably stronger than any sketch she makes up on the spot or an existing drawing not her own. Each symbolizes a creature with their own unique abilities.
The Mermaid: Liv's first ever tattoo, inked onto her left arm, and the form she is most familiar with. The mermaid allows her to breathe underwater and swim for long amounts of time at considerably high speed under water. This is not limited to fresh or sea water, and though she will have a hard time moving out of water, she will be able to breathe on the surface just fine.
The Stalker: A somewhat gimmicky depiction of a black cat with luminous green eyes that is hidden on the inside of her ankle. Much like a house cat, she adopts an ability to see in the dark, to walk around practically unseen (and to scare more superstitious people by crossing the road in front of them). It's a shape that requires very little energy and she can retain it for a very long time.
The Hawk: An addition to her right arm that she gained about four years ago and hasn't regretted for a moment. It was a bit of touch and go at first, as flying really requires a lot more effort and skill than you'd already expect. The size makes this shape easy to maintain and the more she practices, the more flying will become a natural way of moving and require less and less energy. Aside from the ability to fly she also has a very keen eyesight in this form.
The Dragon: This is by far the most demanding and most powerful form. As a dragon she has superior strength, the ability to fly and, most devastatingly, she is able to breathe fire. It drains her energy at tremendous rate and requires a lot of focus. She won't be able to wield this at first, although it is a temptation Liv is finding hard to resist.

2. Pen and Paper
Wherever Olivia goes, she carries with her a sketchbook and a number of pens and pencils, not only for inspirational purposes but mainly to be able to create sketches that allow her to take on new forms. This requires a lot of time, as she uses drawing to concentrate and allow a shape to form in her head as well as on paper. Once finished, Liv will be able to take on a realistic, threedimensional version of what she has drawn (or her perception of it), although this requires a bit more energy than using any of her tattoos.

3. Borrowed Inspiration
Liv is, in fact, capable of using the drawings, paintings or other creations of others to shapeshift, but this both requires a lot more energy and is far less powerful and far more short-lived, if only because there is a significant difference between her own imagination and that of the creator of the drawing, making it a lot more difficult to conjure up in the first place and maintain thereafter.

Weaknesses

Overconfident: Liv tends to overestimate herself sometimes, resulting in her getting in trouble. She doesn't always (often) think things through beforehand, leading to difficult, sometimes outright dangerous, situations.

Drained: If Liv takes on her form, her energy levels start diminishing more rapidly, the speed of which depending on a) the size of the form, b) the complexity of the form, and c) how familiar she is with the form. Once her energy levels are depleted, she will revert to her human shape, possibly unconscious.

Overwhelmed: If Liv takes on a form that is stronger than she is mentally and/or physically able to handle, the natural traits of her form will become dominant over her human mind. For instance, if she is in her cat form and becomes overwhelmed by it, she will adopt the natural behaviour of a cat and although she still has human thoughts, she will no longer have control over her actions. This clearly becomes more of an issue if she changes into something big and powerful.

Ryu Wojin

So this is still open and looking for applicats? Question for the GM. I'm on my phone so writing up a full sheet will take some time. But I was thinking of a giantess character to bring along for this. Increasing your size is both a boon and a downside. The bigger you are, the harder it becomes to precisely attack something. Not to mention the collateral damage that my character would (hopefully) want to avoid. But it comes with a few cavets that make me question about going that route in the first place. If we ever fight indoors, or fight underground, the size change has to be minimal or even not at all. So its like taking the super aspect away from the superhero.

I almost want to say she has super strength despite being dainty? But it's better if she's larger to better channel it? I'm trying to figure out ideas on how to make it work.

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on August 09, 2019, 12:01:47 PM
So this is still open and looking for applicats? Question for the GM. I'm on my phone so writing up a full sheet will take some time. But I was thinking of a giantess character to bring along for this. Increasing your size is both a boon and a downside. The bigger you are, the harder it becomes to precisely attack something. Not to mention the collateral damage that my character would (hopefully) want to avoid. But it comes with a few cavets that make me question about going that route in the first place. If we ever fight indoors, or fight underground, the size change has to be minimal or even not at all. So its like taking the super aspect away from the superhero.

I almost want to say she has super strength despite being dainty? But it's better if she's larger to better channel it? I'm trying to figure out ideas on how to make it work.

We are always open!

Hmmm that is also hard to ignore too. A giant person is not going to be easy to hide during battle too. Remember things won't be going public superpower wise for a good long while (Hint hint people) so I'm thinking a body modification power would be best for your character. Like the ability to enlarge a body part sort of like that naruto character Choji well actually scratch that exactly like him. He had this ability to expand his body or enlarge certain parts.

Multi-size

When performed, the user grows in size, proportionately increasing their weight and strength and thus making their physical attacks more powerful. Such a significant change in size places a great burden on the user's body. ji can expand other parts of his body to enhance his physical strikes, grab and crush targets, or make himself gigantic to smash them from above.

To be counted as a giant:

Super multi-size

It is essentially the same as the base version, though the user becomes significantly larger, on a scale comparable to a mountain. Because of their huge size, any physical attacks the user makes are by default extremely powerful and cover a wide area. Such a drastic increase in size places a great strain on the user's body

Being able to turn into a giant would be a master level power so I suppose you wouldn't have to worry about that or you can use it during the pro/skilled stage of your powers but with a time limit and great strain. It would have to be your ace in the hole that is a double edged sword. At master level the strain wouldn't be as much and the time limit would greatly extend. Think Ant-man in giant form.

You could make them grow bigger and have the physically advantages for it. You'd be stronger but slower. We are starting off small and developing our abilities so it's possible we could for beginner double your height? 1.5x's your height...idk that way you can still fight in doors. For partial transformations you can go bigger since it's just one body part and not full body but it would have to be taxing on your character. You'd need to eat a lot of food or something to fuel that kind of growth. Or something else it depends on you. All powers need to have a draw back is all I'm saying but yeah make a character that can increase their size!

Ryu Wojin

Almost feels like an antman + Choji combination. Antman on the variable changing and putting momentum to swings and then enlarge into it. That uppercut doesn't look too terrifying until the fist enlarges to a car battery size.

But we can do small scale giantess as well. Like a 10ft she-hulk. Almost makes cuddling possible and fun.

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on August 09, 2019, 12:50:52 PM
Almost feels like an antman + Choji combination. Antman on the variable changing and putting momentum to swings and then enlarge into it. That uppercut doesn't look too terrifying until the fist enlarges to a car battery size.

But we can do small scale giantess as well. Like a 10ft she-hulk. Almost makes cuddling possible and fun.

That can work.

Wicked Emi

Manaan