Recruiting: Mecha World (PbtA system)

Started by Autocad, July 12, 2018, 02:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Gotcha!

Also, since you're making the system, I'm considering whether to keep the machine gun, or drop it and make my beam saber accurate (maybe say she has it linked up to some sort of targeting system to help optimize the trajectory of her attacks.

Do you think that'd be viable, or would lacking a ranged weapon make her too heavily specialized?

Also, I'm not SUPER familiar with the engine this is based on, so I'm curious how character progression will work exactly.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Autocad

Here's a hint: the default 0 Firepower Rating Mech has 2 points, that's designed to buy you 1 standard ranged and 1 standard melee weapon. Of course, you can always customize away from the default if you have a specific plan in mind.

A melee-only mech needs to be at close range, that's 2 Change Range moves (long to medium range and medium to close range) so you'd want Piloting to close in and Guts to melee.

For character progression, you'll "level up" at set points and gain more stats / more moves / higher Mech rating.

Hunter

I'm not familiar with the system, but I'd be interested in taking a look at the game.    Having re-watched Knights of Sidonia recently, would something like Tsumugi Shiraui (living mecha) be possible?   Perhaps having been originally his younger (and sickly) twin sister?

Autocad

Ron Don Volante

Color me interested if there's still room.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Hunter

Quote from: Autocad on July 26, 2018, 01:29:28 AM
Sorry no living or organic mecha.

That's kinda what I figured.   Okay.  :)

Autocad

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 26, 2018, 07:55:30 AM
Color me interested if there's still room.

More mecha and more dakka is always welcome! Here's what you need to make a character sheet:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=290710.0

Zenkai

so if I read the rules right, an inaccurate 1 damage weapon costs 0 points, right?

Ron Don Volante

Pilot
Name: Katherine Mirabog
Callsign: Whisper. Because of her condition (see description) she says so little outside the cockpit that her but is so loud and raspy on the radio that the nickname for perfectly.
Description: Female, bisexual, long haired brunette who would be very attractive if she didn't have scars, dressed in something aside from fatigues, mech suits, and loose casual wear. On the rare occasions Whisper speaks, especially in public, it is with a gravelly low raspy voice that doesn't seem to fit her slim and youthful appearance. Although not diagnosed, she suffers from a mild form of Selective Mutism and will rarely speak off of the comms, or during team/unit planning sessions.
Stats: Assign +1/+1/0/0/-1 to below:

• Gunnery: 0
  • Piloting: +1
  • Guts: +1
  • Tactics: 0
  • Comms: -1
Pilot Moves: Your character starts with all basic moves, plus one pilot move of your choice. Mark pilot moves on your character sheet.

• Starting pilot move: Outflank
Relationships: TBD
Health:4

Mech
Designation: Phantom
Specification: Sleek, light, and painted with radar absorbing black.
Rating:

• Firepower: 0
  • Maneuver: +1
  • Armor: 0
  • Support: 0
Mech Equipment: [

• Weapon - Melee, Direct Fire
  • Maneuver - RCS
  • Engine
Durability: Maximum durability is 3 + Armor. When durability reaches zero, the mech is rendered non-functional until it is repaired.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Autocad

Quote from: Zenkai on July 27, 2018, 03:49:33 AM
so if I read the rules right, an inaccurate 1 damage weapon costs 0 points, right?

Damn you are good. I will put in a minimum cost of 1 point for weapons in the rules.

Zenkai

Quote from: Autocad on July 27, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Damn you are good. I will put in a minimum cost of 1 point for weapons in the rules.

Killjoy. :P
I'll have to pick something else then.
Do a mech's punches count as a melee weapon?

Autocad

Quote from: Zenkai on July 28, 2018, 01:36:21 AM
Killjoy. :P
I'll have to pick something else then.
Do a mech's punches count as a melee weapon?

If you want to use punches as a weapon, you gotta purchase it with points just like any other weapon.

The OOC thread is up:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=291402.0

Please put your character sheets there.