One Piece: Dawning Dragons

Started by KnightNelson20, November 19, 2011, 01:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightNelson20

This is Reina Alabastor. Captain of the Sea Dragon.

Reina wants to be known as the strongest captain on the Grand Line. And for that she needs the strongest crew. Who will join her. And who will appose her. All will be revealed on the Grand Line.

[float=left]place img here!! [/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b](gunner, navigator, etc..) (second in command will be chosen by me)
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b] Techniques:[/b] (only three for now. i want to leave room for everyone to grow)
[b]Bio:[/b] (at least one good paragraph so everyone can get a grasp of your character and where they come from. If you are already a member of Reina's crew then include how you met her. If you are not yet then where are you so she can find you.)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Reina Alabastor
Role:Captain
Skills: Mythical Zoan: Drak-Drak Fruit- The Mystical Zoan Drak-Drak Fruit allows the eater to take the form of a dragon. Reina may fly with wings or breathe immense flames. Reina as of right now can not fully control her power. Only able to full shift under extreme conditions.
Techniques
Kuritsume - Reina's hands shift into dragons claws and burn with a black flame. Her claws are razor sharp and the flames reach out slightly from them. So unless you completely avoid the attack you still may be burned.

Doragon's Kouenhashira- Dragons Flame Pillar. A defensive move that drains a lot of Reina's strength at current. Fire erupts around her at a distance of 12 feet. Anyone within the pillar will feel no heat from the flames but from the outside, entrance my prove fatal.

Doragon's Gekido- Dragons rage. This ability is only usable to Reina in her fully shifted form. Her Dragon instincts take over and raw power is obtained. Anyone in her way is at risk when brought to this level. She can not hold her full shift form for long and when this ability activates its time is shortened. Lucky for whoever survived the time she was within it.

Bio: Reina was born and raised on Yukiryu Island, a winter island located on the Grand Line. She always dreamed of leaving that island. She had a fire in her soul that mad her want to become more than who she was.
Exploring a ice cave as she often did one day she chanced upon a chest. Within that chest was a fruit as red as her hair. She thought it was strange but couldn't think of it much longer as she heard a small rumble. She knew what it meant as it was not uncommon for avalanches to happen but she was too far from the entrance. By the time she got there it was completely sealed by a wall of snow. Living on such a island she knew she could survive for a while. She could bare the cold. But soon her hunger began to get the better of her. For days she pondered if the fruit was safe to eat. Till after the forth day she could not bare it. She quickly ate the fruit not giving it a second thought. If she were to die she would die full. As she finished the fruit the warmth within her body grew. She could tell something was different. Every one of her senses improved. Thus is the power of a Zoan type devil fruit. Realizing that she had eaten a devil fruit she began to do everything she could to try and use it. It would help her escape. But she escaped far to well. In her distress she shifted completely. She was a dragon. And with a mighty flame at the wall of snow it was all reduced to steam. Her town not far away had all but given up on her return. Thous gone for more than 3 days normally had died. Not thinking Reina headed straight there. People screamed in horror as the dragon flew above them. None knew where the beast had come from. All thought they were doomed till out of the distance a red haired man walked up. One that Reina recognized. He was a pirate that always came and mooched in the tavern. She had glimpsed him only for a second before she was falling to the ground with a huge lump on her head. She hadn't even noticed he jumped to attack her, even with her new found powers. As she hit the ground she returned to her normal self. The towns people gasped and looked upon her in disbelief. The pirate introduced himself as Shanks. And only said one other thing before leaving. "Become strong. Much stronger." She carries thous words in her heart. After that  the towns folk kicked her out for fear she would bring destruction. On the other side of the island she trained to become stronger and built a raft so that she could leave. She would become stronger. The strongest. The strongest pirate on the Grand Line.

Please post your character sheets and ill be happy to look over them. Remember everyone has weakness. Even though my character is a freaking dragon. All of her major abilities take a huge toll on her body and she can not hold them long. Given she is the captain this should show you that we are not out to make over powered characters. We are trying to CREATE the strongest crew. And that will take a lot of work and training. I already have a plan for enemies we will encounter and how battles/fights winners will come about. Ill share more about those as the rp is closer to its launch. For now lets see this crew grow. I am thinking this rp would be best at around 6-7 people. I wouldn't call it first come first serve more of who is accepted type of a thing. I will be looking at the character sheets closely so that we have a good group of rpers.

kingmaster1

Name: Marcus Lerron
Role: cook, bartender, and fighter
Techniques: skilled with blunt objects, incredibly strong, skilled broadsword user
skills:
material absorption: when stabbing his sword into any surface the blade can absorb and become made of that material

blood fusion: if he stabs an enemy with a devil fruit power, for a short time his sword can mimic the devil fruits ability but with only a tenth of the fruit's original ability, the time limit depends on how deep the stab is. (the deeper the stab the longer the time limit)

guardians edge: if Marcus' life force sinks below a certain level the broadsword will fuse with his body granting him the abilities it has, this has a 5 minute time limit.

Bio: Marcus' father died soon before he was born from disease and his mother died giving birth, he was raised by his grandparents after that. His grandmother was once the best chef in the marines and made the meals that they served to captains, she taught him how to prepare huge delicious meals with only the bare essentials of cooking. His grandfather was an explorer who had traveled the world as a captain in the marines. He shared his combat training with Marcus and also taught him how to use a sword, Marcus was always enthralled with his grandfather's stories and dreamed to see the world for himself. When his grandfather died he left Marcus a sword he said had "protected him, and kept him alive threw his service". Marcus decided to head out and finally become an adventurer like his grandfather, he used what little money he had to buy a boat and immediately set sail. After two months of travel stopping in some exotic lands and seeing things he had only heard of from his Grandfather, he was attacked by a pirate crew. They stole his ship and abandoned him on a small island alone stealing everything from him except his old sword and the clothes on his back, he was forced to survive and live there for months. Eventually rescued by a passing marine vessel, he left them at the first port town they stopped at. After Marcus lived in "Alnaz" for a while the old desires for adventure came bubbling back up. He continued to train in his combat and began seeing the powers in his old broadsword. Marcus still wants the same adventure he dreamed of as a child but now knows he can't do it alone.

Vaulera

Name: Yukato Tarn
Role: First mate
Skills: Mythical Zoan: Ga-goiru fruit (gargoyle fruit). This fruit lets the owner take the form of a gargoyle, a beast of myth that was depicted as a sentry, protecting wherever the creator placed it.
Techniques:
Hellish Gaze: Yukato's eyes whilst in gargoyle form are keener than any regular creature of the earth. His eyes see far and absorb much more information, as well as seeing better in the night due to the greater luminescence in the orbs.

Spit Frost: Yukato whilst in the form of a gargoyle can spit balls of frost and shards of ice from his maw, freezing and cutting flesh like frozen razors. These are slightly slow moving projectiles that can be fired in great numbers in a wide arc, but are easily cut by a skilled swordsman.

Stone Form: For a short time, Yukato can turn his flesh into stone, making him nigh invulnerable to bullets and all but the most skilled blades. The drawbacks are that his body becomes incredibly heavy, unable to take flight, jump or run.

Bio: Growing up as a boy in south blue, Yukato was happy as could be with his mother, father and sister in a fishing village on the northern coast. His father taught him how to fish and the values that he himself carried, those of honour and modesty. At the age of twelve, Yukato was already a responsible young man, helping support his family and working hard. That is, before a group of infamous bandits burned their way down the coast, murdering and pillaging their way across the land, torching his village and murdering his family. Escaping through the broken boards of the docks and being carried away by the tide, Yukato washed up on the shore some ways away. Upon his awakening he was horrified and thought the entire thing a nightmare. He stumbled about the land in a haunting reverie, before coming upon a monastery, the monks within nurturing him back to health and rehabilitating his shattered mind. Whilst living at the monastery and wandering about the surrounding area, he stumbled upon a grotto. He was curious as to what was within and he climbed into the depths. Within it, he found the devils fruit he uses now. After consuming the fruit, he felt a thought creep in. With power he could take revenge upon the bandits that defiled his life so, he would be fuelled by those same flames of revenge even as he trained himself tirelessly, hardening his body and mind to the woes of the world. Ten years later, he finds himself sitting on a dock, fishing pole in hand and song in his throat, flames of vengeance quelled for the time being, no further in his goal to destroy the bandits. This changed when he met a woman called Reina, driven by motives just as fierce and unbending as his own. She wanted to be the greatest captain on the grand line and had the determination to make Yukato believe her. He accepted her invitation to be on her crew as the first of her crew.

(The role doesn't matter as much, second in command or not, he is the same kind of character. However my person is incorporated into the crew from his fishing is fine. )

HollowX

Name: Vincent Johnson
Role: Musician
Skills:
(He has the Sound Sound Fruit)
Has skills in manipulating sound to create different sounds in different places (a ventriloquist, except beyond normal human skill level)
Manipulating sound fields

Skilled with a sword, and agile and quick sword fighter. There are also some ways Vincent can incorperate his sound abilities into his sword fighting, though he isn't very far into it.
Techniques:
Playing the band/ manipulating sound: As an apprentice of music Vincent has studied many instruments, and with the power of the devil fruit can make several of them seem to play at once, therefore seemingly playing a band. This also extends to being able to make a sound seem totally different, whether it be his voice or someone elses.

Sonar: Making clicking noises he can get images of his environment as if like a bat or a dolphin. He in fact got the idea from those two animals.

Banshee screech: The first of his invented of attacks that he’s trying to invent, this can destroy an opponents hearing and balance by emitting a screech. This can also destroy many glass and wooden constructs with the right frequency, and with concentration he can manipulate the sounds emitted to not be in certain areas (thereby making it usable around allies)

Weaknesses: blocking sound would make many of his abilities useless for now, being deaf or specifically tuned earplugs would also help in this regard. Blocking Vincent’s mouth would block many, but not all, of his abilities as well.

Bio: Born in a small village in the Grand Line Vincent became an orphan early on in his life, having to steal food and things to survive at all. It was early on in this career that he stole what looked like a fruit from a traveling band that had come to the island. Not knowing what it actually was at the time, he ate it as soon as he had made his silent getaway, hunger driving him to ignore the aweful taste that came along with it. He actually though nothing of the venture for many days afterwards, only occasionally rubbing his ear as the sound around him seemed to have increased from what it used to be. It was only a week after that he started to discover what he had truly eaten, when he heard some arresting officer’s planning his own capture. From two blocks away.

Starting to see the potential in what he could do, and having wanted to try music since the music band that had come weekes earlier had appeared he started looking into what he could do as a musician.

His skills improving with the years, but not his status among the citizens, he became known as the one band man, a person able to seemingly play several instruments at once. Musicians became guarded around him as he always seemed to incorporate what he heard around him in someway, and often times he nearly got arrested from the backlash alone. Despite this he had become a celebrity in the town he had grown in, someone many people around came to hear as he sang in the streets. It was also ironically not the tactics he employed that sent him into the life of a criminal, but the fame that had started to protect him that did. The band that he had stolen the fruit from originally heard of his success, and knowing where it came from Vincent finally got his due for the crime he had committed years ago. Fleeing the island he eventually came across Reina, and though at first he resisted her offers to join, he eventually became impressed enough with her to come aboard her ship and join her crew (We can sort out the details if you wish)

Vaulera

All these characters look like they could be pretty awesome, especially when they are flushed out completely.

Vaulera

Just redo your character using the template and focus on the why and you should do fine. At the moment, your character doesn't have any history or reason or focus, he just is.

DKDBSD

Erm I'll read up on this stuff tonight. Are we starting as a crew oooooooor are we going through a recruitment phase? Erm hey Kingmaster mind if I make my girl the assistant cook?

KnightNelson20

Quote from: kingmaster1 on November 19, 2011, 02:05:47 AM
Name: Marcus Lerron
Role: cook, bartender, and fighter
Techniques: skilled with blunt objects, incredibly strong, skilled broadsword user
skills: good cook, bartender, and charmer
weaknesses: can't hurt a lady, is fairly slow in combat, and if someone takes his broadsword he loses control
Bio: Marcus was abandoned at birth and raised by anyone who took him in, he has had the broadsword he carries with him for as long as he can remember. He believes the broadsword contains a guardian that watches and protects him. he dreamed of seeing the world but when he started he was robbed by and scarred by fearsome pirates, now he dreams of revenge towards the pirate captain that did it to him. Since he was alone most of his life he is quick to make friends and very loyal to those friendships, he drinks often and whenever he does he constantly participates in tests of strength. He is a strong fighter and a bit of a flirt, Marcus may not know everything but he will help in any way he can.
@kingmaster1. Yea redo your character using the template that should help. Your skills and techniques should look like the rest. Like special moves that you do. Maybe you throw your suop spoon at them and call it. Dinners served? I don't know I just need more. Also your character's bio is so spotty. Hard to really follow. What age did you get the sword? No one is just born with it. Who gave it to you? Something that important to you, you must remember who gave it to you. You said if someone takes the sword you character loses it. What does that mean? He just doesn't seem to be complete.

@Vaulera Accepted. Nicely done. My only thought was towards your flight technique. Given your devil fruit flight should be something that is more natural. I didn't include Reina's ability to fly with her wings just because it is something that is implied with having wings. So If like you may think of another power but you don't have to. I was thinking given the role of scout and the nature of a gargoyle(sentry) you could have something that maybe that increased his range of vision. Allowing him to see as if his eyes were like a telescope, or from the crows nest see 360 degrees. But like I said its up to you I am only throwing out ideas.

@Hollowx You are accepted as well. You might want to consider being a navigator considering your Sonar technique. You don't have to you are already accepted and you could always just use it for whoever decides they want to be the navigator. Just when I saw it I got so many ideas.

One of the main reasons I ask for so much is because when bigger battles come against other pirates i plan to have one opponent for everyone who's skills will counter and be higher your current level. How else would you grow right. When that time comes will you overcome. Or fall victim to defeat.

DKDBSD

(work in progress I'll start working on it soonish. I need to decide a few details and read through the other bios.)

Name: Tsukiya Kimiko
Role: (Waiting on more info)
Skills: Haki, Trident Dance (A style of combat using her trident and dancing skills)
Techniques:

Kenbunshoku Haki "Colour of Observation aka Mantra): For Kimiko this is her best skill and it is mostly due to this that she is able to fight. At this point she can keep track of  most none Haki users, however she has yet to test this skill against others who use Haki.

Busoshoku Haki "Colour of Armaments: Compared to her ability in the use of Kenbunshoku Haki her Buso Haki is quite feebly. In a nutshell this is the key reason she can fight devil fruit users, before meeting her captain Kimiko had only used it to fight Pfruit users. She has yet to test this against Logia users.

Dextrous pirouette: Kimiko spins in the spot performing a pirouette, she uses her trident bring it up then down during the spin. At full speed this attack makes approaching her quite treacherous.
Bio: Kimiko hales from South blue, the sea known as the strongest outside of the Grandline her mother was a woman of little consequence. However her father is a powerful pirate from the new world, known as "The Oni". The skills that earned him his title he passed onto his two children. Of those skills Kimiko took to Haki far more quickly then she did combat.

When the pair turned ten their father left them telling them to meet him in the new world in ten years. Soon after he and his crew left the island for the last time, months passed and soon enough it was attacked. A massive ship holding over five hundred slavers, the village and the island were over whelmed and burnt to the ground. Those that resisted were killed and everyone else was captured. Kimiko was later sold in the Grand line, to a crew of up and coming pirates. She remained in their possession for three months before she broke free, using a combination of her Haki and fighting skills Kimiko killed the captain and the key members of the crew before claiming the ship as her own.

She renamed the pirates and lead them throughout the early stages of the Grand Line. After a good few years they came to Alabaster an island that intrigued Kimiko, they have remained on the island for the past three months.

( quick note for later: Kimiko's twin brother was among the few to escape because of his fighting skill and his luck. IE He only encountered weaklings near his training ground. )

HollowX

I wouldn't mind being navigator at all, if someone else doesn't takes it, but his abilities seem so much more suited to being first and formost a musician *shrugs*. I do have an idea however for the sonar involving the ship itself. If we say that a certain point in ship is made to transmit out and take sound into it we could have it so Vincent can go there to lead them through fog or blindness. This could also help to enhance his banshee ability to really start affecting cannon balls and ships against them :)

HollowX

Hmmm, I just thought of a question. Are we gonna be around with the Strawhat crew in the picture?

Vaulera

That is some good ideas, I put flight on there to be safe, I wouldn't want to surprise anyone if I just started flying. The ideas with the vision is very good, I think something that would extend his vision and make it a little sharper would fit quite appropriately.

Isn't having more than one person on the crew with a vow for revenge a little bit of a stretch? It just seems like we need a variety of motivation.

kingmaster1

i can see if I could work out something other than revenge. you have a good point motives should be a bit varied, even in the show they all have a different reason *although "wanting to be the best  of something" is a reacuring theme*  ;D

Okay, hopefully that is good. again if need be I will change it or elongate it anything (sorry about how I've been doing this I am still fairly new to the whole thing  :-) )

Wolfy

Vaulera

I think that works pretty well, swashbucklers are 100% necessary for a pirate story. A question regarding the actions of our crew, will we be looting ships? Because from all the one piece I have seen, it just seems like the "pirates" are adventurers, just like in star wars the rebels don't do an awful lot of rebelling. Just a little bit of a question.

Wolfy

Name: Hitomi Sansun
Role: Navigator.
Skills: Cyborg enhancements, which allow for enhanced strength, speed, and reflexes, and senses that are stronger than a normal humans. Has a self repair function as well, though it uses a lot of energy. She also has hidden compartments for storing things as well.
Techniques:
Rising Phoenix Hurricane: Using her enhanced strength, Hitomi punches an opponent into the sky and follows after them, striking them with her blade while in the air, then kicking them back to the ground.

Cannon Shot: Holding out her hand, a hole opens and a pellet is fired from her palm with the strength of a cannon shot. She has to manually aim and brace herself, for firing without bracing would break her arm.

Hidden Compartment, Bullet Barrage: Several holes open on Hitomi's body, and bullets are fired out in a straight forward bombardment.

Bio: A failed pacifista, Hitomi was 'created' when the navy tried to create a more slimline version of their pacifista project. Compared to the standard model, she is more slimline and sleak, and faster as well, but they had to sacrifice many things in her design to make up for her small size, as well as keeping her organs intact as well. While she possesses the strength of an average pacifista, it is her speed that sets her apart, as she is much faster, and though she is more durable than a normal human, because of her enhancements, she has less protection than the average pacifista to allow her to be faster. Still, she was dubbed a failure after failing several different tests, most of all because of her attitude. The computer programming was unable to overwrite her personality or memories, and left her unable to perform at the required standards. Broken, she was tossed aside for destruction, locked away, until one fateful day, the military outpost where she was stored was attacked by pirates.

It was then that she met Reina, who some called The Dragon because of her devil fruit powers. Reina crushed the navy outpost and found Hitomi in the basement of the lab, and offered her to come with her, or at the very least to be free. Seeing no other alternative, and not wanting to stay in her cell, Hitomi took her up on her offer, and became part of the crew of the Sea Dragon, quickly showing her prowess for navigational skills. But there was something more that Hitomi wanted, more than her freedom. She was indebted to Reina for saving her from destruction, but she had a larger goal in mind as well. Not the destruction of the Navy, for petty revenge was something she disliked, no, she simply wanted to uncover what the world had to offer, and explore to her hearts content, which drove her to join the Sea Dragon and her Crew.

Wolfy

if I need to change something, just tell me. :p

Vaulera

If I got it right, your character has the same durability as a larger pacifista, just much faster? I am a little confused about the whole attributes of the cyborginess, whether your person is as fast , strong and durable as the much larger one. I just think that the larger ones might be much more durable because of the thickness of the plate and the lack of organs. Oh yeah, where will the crew start at, I left my position quite ambiguous because of that. Are we a super experienced crew, ready to battle marine captains? Or are we like the first twenty episodes of the show?

Wolfy

Quote from: Vaulera on November 19, 2011, 10:41:23 PM
If I got it right, your character has the same durability as a larger pacifista, just much faster? I am a little confused about the whole attributes of the cyborginess, whether your person is as fast , strong and durable as the much larger one. I just think that the larger ones might be much more durable because of the thickness of the plate and the lack of organs. Oh yeah, where will the crew start at, I left my position quite ambiguous because of that. Are we a super experienced crew, ready to battle marine captains? Or are we like the first twenty episodes of the show?

She has roughly the same durability of Batholomew Kuma, or a regular pacifista.

Which, considering we're going to be starting out in the new World (I think), that doesn't mean much. ;D

Edit: But I changed it, cause I could see what you mean. :P

kingmaster1

I think (assuming you guys still want me to be a part of this) we should  start as a new crew so we can maintain the "room to grow" thing as best we can.
Just so we can all go threw and the characters can be aquainted with each other. And after a start situation we can get started with the fighting and the like  :-)

Vaulera

Thanks for attending to my silly needs, I just thought that starting out as durable as something that had no organs and like, four inch thick steel plates would be silly, that could be an addition for later or something. Maybe at a later point a new alloy made partially of the anti-devil's fruit metal of which its name escapes me.

HollowX

As it seems to show in even Knight's character we are not meant to start in the New World. Hell, at the moment other then your character Wolfy none of the characters are as strong as the Strawhat's when they reached the point to the New World (at least Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy).

Wolfy

She's not that strong...she still has to recharge, for one thing, and she doesn't have full access to all of her abilities for another. o3o

KnightNelson20

We are starting at the point of the Strawhat's return. After the war of the greats. We are one of the uprising pirate crews trying to prove  that we are a force to be feared. This way we are strong yes. Not as strong as the Strawhat's but yes strong and wanting to grow stronger. We don't care about One Piece and being king of the pirates the only thing Reina wants is to been seen as the strongest. When we are ready to begin I will tell you where we are and where we are headed. As of right now Reina does not plan to head to the New World. She simply wants to be known in the Grand Line. The New World does not interest her.

@Wolfy. You are approved Im glad to see you joined.

@Kingmaster1 You are accepted. I noticed in our character sheet that you did not mention meeting Reina and joining the crew. If that is the case please look up an island you wish to be on so we may find you and Reina can accept you. It would be a good start to the rp to have somewhere to go.

@DKDBSD I know your application is not yet complete but could you please include what type of haki you are using seeing as there are three different types.  And if you are skilled in all three then please include which haki you are using with your techniques at least. thank you.

DKDBSD

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on November 20, 2011, 12:44:01 AM
@DKDBSD I know your application is not yet complete but could you please include what type of haki you are using seeing as there are three different types.  And if you are skilled in all three then please include which haki you are using with your techniques at least. thank you.

I did they are two of her technique's however, I just used the original names. I'll translate them though her ability to use the third Haki is varied. I'll describe that in her bio.

Edit

Ok I've written out her bio, I'll add her picture this evening hopefully it's ok.