looking for a 2nd Edition AD&D game

Started by insaneplots, November 26, 2010, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Another question do fighters get weapon specialization> I will note they don't get more than beating things up unlike other classes and is just for ,er, straight fighters. I might recommend letting each fighter if just a fighter get one weapon specialized they like.

As for stats I would suggest this since its simpler roll in order 4d6 drop the lowest die re-rolling 1's and give 5 points to place anywhere to the racial maximums. Its easy and I for one don't want to roll lots of sets and it will allow a little player tweaking without being to generous unless one rolls very well.

insaneplots

All this talk has put me in the story writing mood I'm gonna start looking for some details of a half completed Campaign or two of mine. maybe I should dust off my DM cap finally.

insaneplots

So digging threw some of my old Campaigns I found one that might work. I do intend to play in your game Sarat. It's been too long since I got to play a game and I'm not gonna pass up that. I just caught the Dming Bug again.
I made this one back just out of High-school so it's almost ten years old. but the maps are going to have to be redone with my software.

Story for my campaign
In the fortress town of Dew Mountain's drop locals are fearful of leaving their homes at night late night wanders have begun to vanish. most have been wayfarer and merchants this hasn't effected trade as the city is on a main trade route. Your all fairly established adventurers in the fortress for your own reasons. be it the rumors of the vanishings or just passing threw. Will you leave the town as it is or take part in the goings on?

Player Details
All core races/subraces are allowed but you need to give me a reason for the more odd ones (drow for example)
Psionics use the Psionics handbook only no exception's (and I will only allow the playing of ONE if you prove with a first character of another class)
Characters are established lightly meaning 16,000 EXP this put most players at 5th level save the mages who are fairly close to leveling up and one minor magical item (nothing with pluses higher then +2)
Kits are approved on a case by case situation.
sarats roll method has been one I use with a few changes 4D6 7 times, Drop the lowest. re-rolls 1's Once (if you get them again tough luck) one set Arrange to taste; no min maxing stats. (you get a 6 and a 18, you keep the 6 and the 18)

the more detail about your character the better. Obviously I haven't got a set land for this game. so making it up on the fly will earn you some extra credit. For example the village you grew up in will be added in the world map if you play a wizard your master tower will be somewhere in the world and the wizard themselves an NPC not likely to be used but he or she will be there.

Mages
Common spell components are assumed to be on hand, any items with a one time or high price must be purchased and kept track of.
Spells must be memorized to fill slots. However The amount of time will only be 2 rounds per spell level to speed up morning preparations. Once a spell is cast you must rest 8 hours to memorize a spell to fill the slot.
Starting spells are 1d20 in spell levels.

Priests Need not memorize spells but they must have knowledge of the spell to cast it. for this reason you will have a list of spells you may cast from your spheres (I leave the starting spells for you to request.)

Thieves
Gain one special skill when using Daggers and only daggers they may duel wield with no penalty. With any other weapon normal rules apply.

Fighters
May specialize in as many weapons they wish however they can only go above specialization with one weapon. No broad group proficiencies.

Players option and class book NWP's are allowed if you read them closely they have a Slot cost as well as a CP cost. as are traits and the Combat and tactics special talents.
One thing I did like about 3.5 was the introduction of the increase in Ability scores however since 2ND ed has such a limits stat system players may increase one stat by 1 every 6Th level. Any stat increase is Retroactive (if your Con stat is increased and you gain another Hit point due to it add it as if it was like that from the beginning. Race limits in stats may be exceeded at double the cost (an elf with a 19 Dex must reach level 12 to increase their Dex to 20)

use this site to record your character and send me the link in a private message Leave out your magical item from the sheet and you can request.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php

Kaizen

I am interested in playing, but I am relitively ignorant of D&D rules.

I played two or three short campaigns about a decade ago... I have no knowledge of the different editions or advanced classes.  I ran a campaign, but I was the creative side, I had someone help me with the rules, and for the most part I just winged everything.

I would be interested in playing a dwarf fighter, cleric, or wizard (in that order) if you would have an ignorant player that wants to learn and you wouldn't mind explaining things as the game unfolded.

Muse

I can help you out a bit, Kaizen. 

Sarat, were you looking ata first level? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sarat

Yep, it'd be first level. Roll HP. =P

And, ah.... RubySlippers, you could just roll one set instead of 3? I dont like giving points leeway like that, sorry.

As for Kaizen, most of the rules interpretations will be on my part. You tell me what you want to do, and I tell you if you did it, or fell on your face. Mostly.

Sarat

Oh, heh missed something. Sorry. Yes, any fighter class will get one weapon to choose that they use more than others, and will get bonuses with as they progress in thier career.

Also...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=90552.0 This is the game OOC thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=90551.0 Game thread, but no posts here yet plox.

insaneplots

Just a curious Question to those interested in my game How many of you have RPtools?

It's a mapping software that was originally developed for 3.5 players but i've been able to run 2nd ed games on it as well. It really helps to get a feel for the dungeons and locations the players are in from simple color coded line maps to full out detailed maps with props and all.

Kaizen

I don't have it, but I checked it out and I could use it if needed.

GMs - How are things going?  Still interested, busy for the holidays, or has motivation just plain fizzled out?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)